PDA

View Full Version : KU UNI/Kansas on CBS sports right now!

Pitt Gorilla
07-17-2010, 09:35 PM
It aired this past Wednesday and will again this coming week, IIRC.

CoMoChief
07-17-2010, 09:37 PM
The AIDS tree is calling your name.

Pitt Gorilla
07-17-2010, 09:42 PM
These are good kids and I'm proud to support them. I know they spent a good deal of time traveling to the various elementary schools in town to read to the students. My son had Koch and Ali visit his class more than once. On and off the court, they set a great example for the little ones.

Ergo, I have zero problem with drawing attention to their exploits on TV.

Saul Good
07-17-2010, 09:43 PM
I'll take UNI and the points.

Bearcat
07-17-2010, 09:57 PM
These are good kids and I'm proud to support them. I know they spent a good deal of time traveling to the various elementary schools in town to read to the students. My son had Koch and Ali visit his class more than once. On and off the court, they set a great example for the little ones.

Ergo, I have zero problem with drawing attention to their exploits on TV.

The only difference between you and the other Muronic behavior on this board is that you feel the need to rationalize being a douche past the point of the usual "KU fans started it!"... posting threads about a game that took place 3 months ago with Jayhawk icons on a board with many KU fans has little to do with what UNI athletes do in their spare time.

Pitt Gorilla
07-17-2010, 10:07 PM
The only difference between you and the other Muronic behavior on this board is that you feel the need to rationalize being a douche past the point of the usual "KU fans started it!"... posting threads about a game that took place 3 months ago with Jayhawk icons on a board with many KU fans has little to do with what UNI athletes do in their spare time.I would have preferred a UNI icon, but we don't have them at CP.

How is noting that this game is currently on TV being a douche? It was an incredibly exciting basketball game with a ton of drama. It also involves two teams from the CP area.

Good Lord, I'm not going to consider an NU fan a douche for posting that the hurricane game is currently re-airing. They might be a douche (as might I), but letting me know a game that I might have interest in is currently on TV seems helpful.

WildTurkey
07-17-2010, 10:52 PM
The AIDS tree is calling your name.

This...... plus a few glasses of antifreeze

Bowser
07-17-2010, 10:53 PM
What, too soon?

niblet
07-17-2010, 11:05 PM
Farokhmanesh, a three, GOOD!

Mr. Kotter
07-18-2010, 12:07 AM
I would have preferred a UNI icon, but we don't have them at CP.

How is noting that this game is currently on TV being a douche? It was an incredibly exciting basketball game with a ton of drama. It also involves two teams from the CP area.

Good Lord, I'm not going to consider an NU fan a douche for posting that the hurricane game is currently re-airing. They might be a douche (as might I), but letting me know a game that I might have interest in is currently on TV seems helpful.

You've become such a big douche, that you...as an otherwise intelligent and rational person, can't even see how much of a douche you've become. Trust us, you have become nothing more than an anti-KU anti-Kotter douchebag of enormouse status. Period.

Put that in your dumbass sig...and smoke it, Cochise MUron. :rolleyes:

Chocolate Hog
07-18-2010, 12:19 AM

Which Hurricane game? I got the BigXII on DVR.

Pitt Gorilla
07-18-2010, 12:39 AM
You've become such a big douche, that you...as an otherwise intelligent and rational person, can't even see how much of a douche you've become. Trust us, you have become nothing more than an anti-KU anti-Kotter douchebag of enormouse status. Period.

Put that in your dumbass sig...and smoke it, Cochise MUron. :rolleyes:This thread isn't about me and it's certainly not about you (no matter how much you want it to be). It's about a great game played by some kids that I know fairly well and enjoy supporting.

Pitt Gorilla
07-18-2010, 12:41 AM
Which Hurricane game? I got the BigXII on DVR.NU/MU from last season (NU threw down late in the game for the win). MU lost (in a rather painful manner), but it's still a great game to watch.

ChiefsCountry
07-18-2010, 12:41 AM
You Big 12 fans can't hang with us in the MVC. :)

sedated
07-18-2010, 02:11 AM
If you are going to be a prick, be a prick; don't hide your animosity behind some BS honorable intention. We all know you are a meth-u fan, doing exactly what meth-u fans do.

milkman
07-18-2010, 07:16 AM
I have to say, as a neutral observer, that panties get in a bunch rather easily around here.

Chiefs Pantalones
07-18-2010, 07:19 AM
UNI's National Championship. Congrats to them lol.

boogblaster
07-18-2010, 08:58 AM
This is off the subject .. but hey Gorilla are you going to the ShrineBowl ....

Mr. Arrowhead
07-18-2010, 09:04 AM
im glad UNI represented the Valley well

WilliamTheIrish
07-18-2010, 09:20 AM
I have to say, as a neutral observer, that panties get in a bunch rather easily around here.

"To. The. Ship."

kstater
07-18-2010, 09:42 AM

Exactly. Being one of the final 32 teams is quite an accomplishment. Fans should re-watch the game with pride.

WilliamTheIrish
07-18-2010, 09:53 AM
Exactly. Being one of the final 32 teams is quite an accomplishment. Fans should re-watch the game with pride.

Careful. It's crowds (of two or three) like you that ran off a board icon.

ChiefaRoo
07-18-2010, 10:41 AM
You Big 12 fans can't hang with us in the MVC. :)

"Sleeper Cell for THREE!!" YES!

teedubya
07-18-2010, 10:44 AM
Im so glad MU didn't go to the Big Ten. Hahaha...

Bowser
07-18-2010, 10:47 AM
Im so glad MU didn't go to the Big Ten. Hahaha...

So are we. We get to ride KU like a rented mule come football season, and KU gets to puff their ticket scalping chests out in basketball season. It's all a part of the great balance of life.

teedubya
07-18-2010, 10:50 AM
So are we. We get to ride KU like a rented mule come football season, and KU gets to puff their ticket scalping chests out in basketball season. It's all a part of the great balance of life.

The epic fail of the MURON chest puffing during the "Big Ten Exodus" was nothing short of epic win.

Pablo
07-18-2010, 10:55 AM
The epic fail of the MURON chest puffing during the "Big Ten Exodus" was nothing short of epic win.It was pretty fucking awesome.

LATERZ LOOSERS, WE SO OUTTA HEAR. GOIN TO DA BIG 10 AN ULL ALL BE LIKE WTF AND WELL BE LAWLIN CUZ WE GOTS MAD RESEARCH SCHOOOL CRED.

Mr. Laz
07-18-2010, 10:56 AM
how you going do that from the Big 10?

oops :doh!:

teedubya
07-18-2010, 10:58 AM
how you going do that from the Big 10?

oops :doh!:

Hey man... pssst. Need a ticket?

Mr. Laz
07-18-2010, 11:00 AM
This thread isn't about me and it's certainly not about you (no matter how much you want it to be). It's about a great game played by some kids that I know fairly well and enjoy supporting.
oh yea ... let's try and act like this is just about seeing a "good game" :rolleyes:

lying sack of shit

too bad nobody cares about Pitt or we could return the favor

baitism
07-18-2010, 11:04 AM
oh yea ... let's try and act like this is just about seeing a "good game" :rolleyes:

lying sack of shit

too bad nobody cares about Pitt or we could return the favor

It was a good game. Just because you team lost doesn't change that. Stop being so butthurt.

teedubya
07-18-2010, 11:05 AM
It was a good game. Just because you team lost doesn't change that. Stop being so butthurt.

Hey, UCLA vs MU in 1995 was a great game too. You MURons should stop being so butthurt.

How about that 5th down? Awesome game. Stop being butthurt.

What about those 0 final fours and 0 BCS games. Stop being butthurt.

:D

baitism
07-18-2010, 11:12 AM
Hey, UCLA vs MU in 1995 was a great game too. You MURons should stop being so butthurt.

How about that 5th down? Awesome game. Stop being butthurt.

What about those 0 final fours and 0 BCS games. Stop being butthurt.

:D

What made you assume I am an MU fan?

WilliamTheIrish
07-18-2010, 11:15 AM
It was pretty ****ing awesome.

LATERZ LOOSERS, WE SO OUTTA HEAR. GOIN TO DA BIG 10 AN ULL ALL BE LIKE WTF AND WELL BE LAWLIN CUZ WE GOTS MAD RESEARCH SCHOOOL CRED.

Ooooooh. That was kind of fun. Especially a couple of MU fans in particular. They were driving the Big 10 bus and parked that fucker on train tracks.

kstater
07-18-2010, 11:17 AM
What made you assume I am an MU fan?

Because you didn't help run Skip off.

WilliamTheIrish
07-18-2010, 11:28 AM
Because you didn't help run Skip off.

LMAO

Mr. Laz
07-18-2010, 11:31 AM
so you actually think that Pitt would of posted this thread if it didn't include the whole "KU losing" part?

bullshit

i love the latest fad around here ... just saying "butthurt" somehow means you aren't being a dickhead. Well ... you can suck my "dickhead".

C'mon suck it ... don't be "butthurt" about it, just latch on and suck.

baitism
07-18-2010, 11:35 AM
Definition of butthurt

yup

Bowser
07-18-2010, 11:36 AM
The epic fail of the MURON chest puffing during the "Big Ten Exodus" was nothing short of epic win.I see what you did there! You took the statement of KU's football team being bad, and turned it into a diatribe about MU fan wanting to go to the Big X. What sold it is when a few other Beakers jump in with the obligatory YEAHYEAHYEAH posts, thus (seemingly) cementing the conversion of the discussion. Well done, counselor. May I hire you the next time I receive a speeding ticket?

WilliamTheIrish
07-18-2010, 11:37 AM
One of the funnier aspects of this was ari talking about having his ticket punched to Indy and how he was ready for the FF. In December.

baitism
07-18-2010, 11:37 AM
I see what you did there! You took the statement of KU's football team being bad, and turned it into a diatribe about MU fan wanting to go to the Big X. What sold it is when a few other Beakers jump in with the obligatory YEAHYEAHYEAH posts, thus (seemingly) cementing the conversion of the discussion. Well done, counselor. May I hire you the next time I receive a speeding ticket?

He joined in April and has almost 1000 posts. What do you expect?

Bowser
07-18-2010, 11:40 AM
He joined in April and has almost 1000 posts. What do you expect?Nah, dude. He's Ari Chi3fs, one of the biggest Beaker homers of ALL time, and a ninja deflectionista.

Mr. Laz
07-18-2010, 11:42 AM
Nah, dude. He's Ari Chi3fs
well that explains it

Bearcat
07-18-2010, 11:46 AM

Right, because you haven't been here long enough to know how this thread would end... but, that's not your problem, because we're just too petty to see this thread is about the wonderful people at the University of Northern Iowa.

I'm not crying about the KU hate... if it bothered me that much, I would have left a long time ago. I'm just pointing out that if you want to make threads to annoy KU fans, you're wasting your time trying to make yourself feel better about it.

Lzen
07-18-2010, 11:57 AM

You're a Chiefs fan, right? Imagine if a Donk fan kept posting threads on this BB after the Donks knocked the Chiefs out of the playoffs after the 1997 season (if this BB were around back then). Would you still feel the same?

He has posted several threads on UNI in past few months since the tourney. I could be wrong, but I don't ever recall him posting anything on UNI prior to that. And to further prove the point, he puts the KU icon on the thread. Why do you suppose he put a KU icon on a thread about the Dali Llama visiting UNI?

Are KU fans annoyed by this? Well, duh. Of course we are. That doesn't take away from the fact that Pitt is just being a dick with these threads.

Chocolate Hog
07-18-2010, 12:09 PM
so you actually think that Pitt would of posted this thread if it didn't include the whole "KU losing" part?

bullshit

i love the latest fad around here ... just saying "butthurt" somehow means you aren't being a dickhead. Well ... you can suck my "dickhead".

C'mon suck it ... don't be "butthurt" about it, just latch on and suck.

Look ya'll Laz is crying.

Pasta Giant Meatball
07-18-2010, 12:14 PM
You're a Chiefs fan, right? Imagine if a Donk fan kept posting threads on this BB after the Donks knocked the Chiefs out of the playoffs after the 1997 season (if this BB were around back then). Would you still feel the same?
He has posted several threads on UNI in past few months since the tourney. I could be wrong, but I don't ever recall him posting anything on UNI prior to that. And to further prove the point, he puts the KU icon on the thread. Why do you suppose he put a KU icon on a thread about the Dali Llama visiting UNI?

Are KU fans annoyed by this? Well, duh. Of course we are. That doesn't take away from the fact that Pitt is just being a dick with these threads.

If he had gone to a KU board and posted this you may have a point.

vailpass
07-18-2010, 12:16 PM
LMAO The ku butthurt is very entertaining. Maybe UT will kiss their boo-boo make it all better.

WilliamTheIrish
07-18-2010, 12:18 PM

Pitt has put together several threads and posts about UNI that go back over three or four years. He went to school there. He has posted about UNI beating ISU on this board.

Pablo
07-18-2010, 12:24 PM
LMAO The ku butthurt is very entertaining. Maybe UT will kiss their boo-boo make it all better.I know, right. UT totally runs this conference and the rest of us can barely pull our weight. We should really aspire to be the kind of contributory member to our athletic conference that Iowa is to the Big Ten.

IOWA: RASSLIN AN RESEARCH.

(A totally important school in the whole mix of college athletics and academics)

kstater
07-18-2010, 12:28 PM
He has posted several threads on UNI in past few months since the tourney. I could be wrong, but I don't ever recall him posting anything on UNI prior to that.

You're wrong.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=203880

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=175508

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=169531

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=160900

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=155344

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=155202

Plus it looks like a few more. All about the UNI basketball team. I guess we need to delete those since this is a KU board and all.

Chocolate Hog
07-18-2010, 12:37 PM
You're wrong.

Plus it looks like a few more. All about the UNI basketball team. I guess we need to delete those since this is a KU board and all.

The question is how many teams does Pitt like?

WilliamTheIrish
07-18-2010, 12:40 PM
The question is how many teams does Pitt like?

Two. MU and UNI. He went to both schools iirc.

Chocolate Hog
07-18-2010, 12:41 PM
Two. MU and UNI. He went to both schools iirc.

Pitt state too? 3. And anyone who plays KU & Nebraska. 5.

WilliamTheIrish
07-18-2010, 12:46 PM
Pitt state too? 3. And anyone who plays KU & Nebraska. 5.

Yea. He went to PSU also.

kstater
07-18-2010, 12:48 PM

That seems like a lot of trouble to go through just to be able to root for several teams.

Chocolate Hog
07-18-2010, 12:51 PM

It was just an observation relax bruh

Pitt Gorilla
07-18-2010, 12:54 PM
You're wrong.

Plus it looks like a few more. All about the UNI basketball team. I guess we need to delete those since this is a KU board and all.Thanks for the research.

I'm really not much of a Pitt State fan anymore, given the way the athletes and coaches have conducted themselves over the past 10-15 years. It's really pretty embarrassing.

I am, though, a UNI and MU fan. I've been a season ticket holder for UNI volleyball since 2005.

WilliamTheIrish
07-18-2010, 12:55 PM
It was just an observation relax bruh

*adjust self on couch. Adds cubes to tea. Places remote in lap.

Chocolate Hog
07-18-2010, 12:57 PM
*adjust self on couch. Adds cubes to tea. Places remote in lap.

* rest my head on your chest

WilliamTheIrish
07-18-2010, 12:59 PM
That seems like a lot of trouble to go through just to be able to root for several teams.
Yes it does. But some people show dedication beyond the pale. Take Sam Hall. He goes to some obscure university in Missouri and cheers for UNL like a distinguished alum who would write open letters to the football staff.

Not the same route Pitt took but ... well that not really even close.

WilliamTheIrish
07-18-2010, 01:00 PM
* rest my head on your chest / no homo ;)

Mr. Laz
07-18-2010, 02:06 PM
got no problem with a smack thread ... whatever

post a smack thread ... people tell you to die in a fire ... move on :shrug:

but don't piss on my head and try an tell me it's raining
don't post a smack thread and then say "oops, did i do that?"

milkman
07-18-2010, 02:21 PM

As far as I'm concerned, Donk fan can post whatevr the hell he wants.

If I think he's a stupid fucker, I'm going to call him out for being stupid.

I don't participate in smack.
If Donky fan posts a thread about a Donkey win over the Chiefs, I will ignore it.

I'm not going to get my panties in a bunch about it.

Jenson71
07-18-2010, 02:29 PM
Great game. Thanks for the update, Pitt, though I wasn't in time for it.

It was cool seeing them win at the ESPYs. I really hope UNI can maintain this type of basketball program. It was really exciting.

Pitt Gorilla
07-18-2010, 02:47 PM
got no problem with a smack thread ... whatever

post a smack thread ... people tell you to die in a fire ... move on :shrug:

but don't piss on my head and try an tell me it's raining
don't post a smack thread and then say "oops, did i do that?"Where did I post smack? Serious question.

CoMoChief
07-18-2010, 02:50 PM
Where did I post smack? Serious question.

You posted this originally to start shit.

You know you did. Everyone here knows those were your intentions. To be honest I don't know why you'd even ask this question.

Don't be a moron.

Bearcat
07-18-2010, 02:54 PM
Great game. Thanks for the update, Pitt, though I wasn't in time for it.

It was cool seeing them win at the ESPYs. I really hope UNI can maintain this type of basketball program. It was really exciting.

Well, you're the whole reason this thread was created, so please be more diligent in checking Chiefsplanet.com for all of your UNI updates. If for some reason you cannot log on for a few days to see what the UNI student-athletes are doing in their spare time, you can use the KU prefix to quickly find past threads.

Pitt Gorilla
07-18-2010, 02:55 PM
You posted this originally to start shit.

You know you did. Everyone here knows that was your intentions.

Don't be a moron.Interestingly enough, one of my best friends from undergrad alerted me to this game being aired. He's a KU pharmacy grad. He thought I might be interested and I thought the same of others (including folks like Jensen and other MVC grads).

Honestly, Como, be butt-hurt about it. There's not much I can do about it.

Al Bundy
07-18-2010, 02:59 PM
Interestingly enough, one of my best friends from undergrad alerted me to this game being aired. He's a KU pharmacy grad. He thought I might be interested and I thought the same of others (including folks like Jensen and other MVC grads).

Honestly, Como, be butt-hurt about it. There's not much I can do about it.

Screw him.

teedubya
07-18-2010, 03:04 PM
You're wrong.

Respect to Pitt, then. I see he was UNI before UNI was cool.

I will continue being a ninja deflectionista, though. LAWLERZ

vailpass
07-18-2010, 03:52 PM
I know, right. UT totally runs this conference and the rest of us can barely pull our weight. We should really aspire to be the kind of contributory member to our athletic conference that Iowa is to the Big Ten.

IOWA: RASSLIN AN RESEARCH.

(A totally important school in the whole mix of college athletics and academics)

:D Way to lash out butthurtPablo. KU guy must have really taken a hit when he found out just how insignificant his school is in the new world order. Hang in there, basketball season will be here at some point and you can pretend like you are relevant for a couple months.

Saulbadguy
07-18-2010, 04:01 PM
HATERS GONNA HATE

kstater
07-18-2010, 04:07 PM
Uh, oh, the 3 main KSU fans have all posted in this thread, guess we won't see Skip today.

Fritz88
07-18-2010, 04:10 PM
HATERS GONNA HATE

It's their only joy, let them hate :D

Chocolate Hog
07-18-2010, 04:23 PM
Uh, oh, the 3 main KSU fans have all posted in this thread, guess we won't see Skip today.

K-state has fans? Wouldn't know with its lackluster ticket sales.

Fritz88
07-18-2010, 04:30 PM

stfu big 10 whore.

Pitt Gorilla
07-18-2010, 04:32 PM
HATERS GONNA HATEhttp://livingelpaso.files.wordpress.com/2010/03/haters.jpg

Mr. Arrowhead
07-18-2010, 05:03 PM
Thanks for the research.

I'm really not much of a Pitt State fan anymore, given the way the athletes and coaches have conducted themselves over the past 10-15 years. It's really pretty embarrassing.

I am, though, a UNI and MU fan. I've been a season ticket holder for UNI volleyball since 2005.

congrats man, im seriously bout this, there is no better feeling to see an underdog team like Wich st. or UNI, or any other team in the valley to have some serious success in the NCAA tourney like going to the sweet 16, i will never forget the memories of WSU going to the sweet 16 in 2006, the only thing i could compare it to is the chiefs making it to the super bowl.

teedubya
07-18-2010, 06:01 PM
I will never forget when I was an underdog at age 19 and banged a 26 year old hottie Hooters calendar chick. Dreams can happen people!!!

DJJasonp
07-18-2010, 09:07 PM
as if the espys earlier this week (best upset award).....now this?

nuthooks.....for everyone!

CoMoChief
07-18-2010, 10:24 PM
Hey my friend....who's a huge Indianapolis Colts fan, just informed me that a replay of the Colts/Chiefs 1995 playoff game is on TV, just in case anyone here wanted to watch it. In the best interests of CP, I think I'm gonna start a thread about it.

Pitt Gorilla
07-18-2010, 11:12 PM
Hey my friend....who's a huge Indianapolis Colts fan, just informed me that a replay of the Colts/Chiefs 1995 playoff game is on TV, just in case anyone here wanted to watch it. In the best interests of CP, I think I'm gonna start a thread about it.What channel?

Fritz88
07-19-2010, 06:26 AM
I will never forget when I was an underdog at age 19 and banged a 26 year old hottie Hooters calendar chick. Dreams can happen people!!!

she did it for teh money

WilliamTheIrish
07-19-2010, 06:33 AM

why did the chicken cross the road?

To get to the big 10.

luv
07-19-2010, 07:09 AM

To get to the big 10.

Whatever happened to the KU fan that had Lindsey Lohan in his avi that was in NY? The one who kept making different scenarios so he could be right when one of them happened. Haven't seen him post since that thread. Was he a mult?

Saulbadguy
07-19-2010, 07:28 AM
Whatever happened to the KU fan that had Lindsey Lohan in his avi that was in NY? The one who kept making different scenarios so he could be right when one of them happened. Haven't seen him post since that thread. Was he a mult?

I think he got hit by a bus.

Very tragic.

ArrowheadHawk
07-19-2010, 07:36 AM
This thread is full of win. /sarcasm

CoMoChief
07-19-2010, 08:03 AM
This thread is full of win. /sarcasm

Just another Shit Gorilla Thread.

WilliamTheIrish
07-19-2010, 10:08 AM
Hey my friend....who's a huge Indianapolis Colts fan, just informed me that a replay of the Colts/Chiefs 1995 playoff game is on TV, just in case anyone here wanted to watch it. In the best interests of CP, I think I'm gonna start a thread about it.

You want to make a prediction?

'Hamas' Jenkins
07-19-2010, 11:53 AM
You can't spell Cocksucker without KU.

ArrowheadHawk
07-19-2010, 11:54 AM
You can't spell one who sucks the penis without KU.You can spell it Hamas though. In fact you don't need to add anything else.

'Hamas' Jenkins
07-19-2010, 12:02 PM
With that kind of smack, you wouldn't have gotten out of the second round of the Special Olympics shit-talking tourney.

ArrowheadHawk
07-19-2010, 12:08 PM
With that kind of smack, you wouldn't have gotten out of the second round of the Special Olympics shit-talking tourney.:facepalm:

chiefsnorth
07-19-2010, 12:10 PM
With that kind of smack, you wouldn't have gotten out of the second round of the Special Olympics shit-talking tourney.

As a newly minted Miami Heat die hard, he is saving all his high-test smack for... uh... whomever their hated rival is.

ArrowheadHawk
07-19-2010, 12:14 PM
As a newly minted Miami Heat die hard, he is saving all his high-test smack for... uh... whomever their hated rival is."die hard" ROFL

Reerun_KC
07-19-2010, 12:17 PM
What makes all this talk and this thread so great?

http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/object3/1131/94/n81844744531_7231.jpg (http://www.facebook.com/album.php?profile=1&id=81844744531)

Knowing this is something the haters will/may never experience.....

Chocolate Hog
07-19-2010, 01:12 PM

Cuz the big 12 sucks.

Fixzit

Tiger's Fan
07-19-2010, 02:40 PM
You can't spell one who sucks the penis without KU.

The penis expert chimes in.

|Zach|
07-19-2010, 02:44 PM
You can spell it Hamas though. In fact you don't need to add anything else.

Wow, this post is cringe worthy.

Jenson71
07-20-2010, 10:48 AM
Well, you're the whole reason this thread was created, so please be more diligent in checking Chiefsplanet.com for all of your UNI updates. If for some reason you cannot log on for a few days to see what the UNI student-athletes are doing in their spare time, you can use the KU prefix to quickly find past threads.

Update: It's on ESPN Classic right now.

baitism
07-20-2010, 10:59 AM

Thanks! Can't believe that scrub was abusing Aldrich.

Bearcat
07-20-2010, 11:06 AM

I like the part where they talk about the University of Northern Iowa student-athletes reading to kindergarteners, taking turns playing Santa Claus at an orphanage, spending time volunteering at a soup kitchen, helping resurface I-35, harvest crops for disabled farmers, building homes for Habitat for Humanity, cleaning birds after the oil spill, cleaning black people after Katrina, volunteering at basketball camps, running at Relay for Life, picking up litter, building playgrounds, and volunteering at nursing homes and hospitals... all while still having time to play basketball. :clap:

Jenson71
07-20-2010, 11:15 AM
I like the part where they talk about the University of Northern Iowa student-athletes reading to kindergarteners, taking turns playing Santa Claus at an orphanage, spending time volunteering at a soup kitchen, helping resurface I-35, harvest crops for disabled farmers, building homes for Habitat for Humanity, cleaning birds after the oil spill, cleaning black people after Katrina, volunteering at basketball camps, running at Relay for Life, picking up litter, building playgrounds, and volunteering at nursing homes and hospitals... all while still having time to play basketball. :clap:

We didn't read to kindergarteners. We read Goodnight, Tournament (the sequel to Goodnight, Moon) to the Kansas players after the game. They just have reading comprehensions of kindergarteners.

Bearcat
07-20-2010, 11:17 AM
We didn't read to kindergarteners. We read Goodnight, Tournament (the sequel to Goodnight, Moon) to the Kansas players after the game. They just have reading comprehensions of kindergarteners.

THIS THREAD ISN'T ABOUT THE JAYHAWKS, KEEP THAT CRAP OUT OF HERE!! :cuss:

WilliamTheIrish
07-20-2010, 12:05 PM

Hey, not every student athlete majors in Communications.

CoMoChief
07-20-2010, 12:07 PM

That is so fucking cool. Let's hold a fucking parade for them.

WilliamTheIrish
07-20-2010, 12:23 PM

To be followed by KSU/ XU.

Outstanding selection(s).

Chocolate Hog
07-20-2010, 01:16 PM
Heres where the KU football "fans" will be tailgating at this year

http://theczech.files.wordpress.com/2010/02/big-oread.jpg

Bearcat
07-20-2010, 01:23 PM
Hey, not every student athlete majors in Communications.

There are 500,000 student-athletes, and most of them better pay attention in class. The rest of us? Cakn patna.