PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Just For Fun: What is Your Ideal KC Chiefs Coaching Staff?

CosmicPal
07-20-2010, 08:59 AM
Build your own Chiefs coaching staff. The rule is, they MUST have served as a Chiefs coach in the same capacity. For instance, you can pick Bill Cowher as Defensive Coordinator, but you can’t make him your Head Coach because he never served as a Head Coach for the Chiefs, he only served as a Defensive Coordinator.

You can add assistant coaches for the Head Coach, Offensive, and Defense. But that Assistant must have served in that capacity as well.

For instance, I chose Tommy O’Boyle as the assistant coach because he worked under Hank Stram, therefore, I thought it would continue to be a good match.

Head Coach: Hank Stram
Assistant Coach: Tommy O’Boyle
Offensive Coordinator: Al Saunders
Offensive Line Coach: Art Shell
Running Backs Coach: James Saxon
Wide Receivers Coach: Charlie Joiner
Tight Ends Coach: Jimmy Raye II
Defensive Coordinator: Bill Cowher
Defensive Line Coach: Carl Hairston
Defensive Backs Coach: Tony Dungy
Special Teams Coach: Frank Ganz

Mojo Jojo
07-20-2010, 10:10 AM
OK here we go...

Assistant Coach: Just a title to tie guys up.
Offensive Coordinator: Todd Haley - He did this job last year.
Offensive Line Coach: Alex Gibbs or Howard Mudd - Both built O-lines that won a Super Bowl, and were the leaders when the Chiefs O-line rocked.
Running Backs Coach: Bruce Arians
Wide Receivers Coach: Al Saunders - great position coach, but has failed as OC at every stop except in KC under DV who was running most of the offense.
Tight Ends Coach: ?????
Defensive Line Coach: Tom Pratt - Coached the Super Bowl IV D-Line and came back to coach the D-Line under Marty
Defensive Backs Coach: Emmitt Thomas - HOF player - Should be a HOF coach.
A few coaching spots you left out:
QB's: Mike McCarthy - has done well for himself since leaving the Chiefs.
Strength & Conditioning: Dave Redding - no one ever question the condition of Chiefs players when "Redman" was running the weight room.
Quality Control: Darvin Walis - This guy created the way the NFL now breaks down film and tendencies via computers and servers...coaches with lap tops. He changes the game.

CosmicPal
07-20-2010, 10:18 AM
OK here we go...

Offensive Line Coach: Alex Gibbs or Howard Mudd - Both built O-lines that won a Super Bowl, and were the leaders when the Chiefs O-line rocked.
Wide Receivers Coach: Al Saunders - great position coach, but has failed as OC at every stop except in KC under DV who was running most of the offense.
Defensive Line Coach: Tom Pratt - Coached the Super Bowl IV D-Line and came back to coach the D-Line under Marty
Strength & Conditioning: Dave Redding - no one ever question the condition of Chiefs players when "Redman" was running the weight room.
Quality Control: Darvin Walis - This guy created the way the NFL now breaks down film and tendencies via computers and servers...coaches with lap tops. He changes the game.

:thumb:

Nice job.

And you're right, I did forget the QB coach, S&C Coach, and QC Coach.

Oh, and how could I forget Tom Pratt...I went to school with his kids.

Detoxing
07-20-2010, 10:33 AM
Herm Edwards.

Frankie
07-20-2010, 10:36 AM
Offensive Line Coach: Art Shell

Solari.

loochy
07-20-2010, 10:40 AM
Herm Edwards.

This.

Head Coach: Herm Edwards
Assistant Coach: Herm Edwards
Offensive Coordinator: Herm Edwards
Offensive Line Coach: Herm Edwardsl
Running Backs Coach: Herm Edwards
Wide Receivers Coach: Herm Edwards
Tight Ends Coach: Herm Edwards
Defensive Coordinator: Herm Edwards
Defensive Line Coach: Herm Edwards
Defensive Backs Coach: Herm Edwards
Special Teams Coach: Herm Edwards

LaChapelle
07-20-2010, 10:45 AM
Do we get to torture them
slowly

Sweet Daddy Hate
07-20-2010, 10:55 AM
Your mom cloned 20 times.

PhillyChiefFan
07-20-2010, 11:03 AM
This.

Head Coach: Herm Edwards
Assistant Coach: Herm Edwards
Offensive Coordinator: Herm Edwards
Offensive Line Coach: Herm Edwardsl
Running Backs Coach: Herm Edwards
Wide Receivers Coach: Herm Edwards
Tight Ends Coach: Herm Edwards
Defensive Coordinator: Herm Edwards
Defensive Line Coach: Herm Edwards
Defensive Backs Coach: Herm Edwards
Special Teams Coach: Herm Edwards

Herm Edwardsl would be a terrible Oline coach...now Herm Edwards...championship. :D

Reerun_KC
07-20-2010, 11:04 AM
Marty, Herm, Dick Curl, Jimmy Raye/Paul Hackett, Kurt S and Gunter.

BigMeatballDave
07-20-2010, 11:12 AM
Why do people like to slobber all over Al Saunders knob? It was that O-line we had that made that O go. Doesnt anyone find it interesting that Al hasnt done shit since?

BigMeatballDave
07-20-2010, 11:15 AM
OK here we go...

Quality Control: Darvin Walis - This guy created the way the NFL now breaks down film and tendencies via computers and servers...coaches with lap tops. He changes the game.Seriously? Haley did a horrible job as OC last yr.

Otter
07-20-2010, 11:17 AM
With the exception of a good QB coach I'm happier than I've ever been with who we have right now.

There's a whole lot of talent and experience on that staff.

Mojo Jojo
07-20-2010, 11:26 AM
Seriously? Haley did a horrible job as OC last yr.

I think he would be a better OC than HC. If he has a strong HC to keep him in place and it gives him someone he would have to report to. Who would you choose? Tom Bettis, Joe Pendry, Jimmy Raye??? I'm open to suggestions...

BigMeatballDave
07-20-2010, 11:51 AM
I think he would be a better OC than HC. If he has a strong HC to keep him in place and it gives him someone he would have to report to. Who would you choose? Tom Bettis, Joe Pendry, Jimmy Raye??? I'm open to suggestions...Jimmy Raye? Jesus. :D I actually think Todd will be a better HC this yr now that he's got Weis handling the O. We'll see...

ChiefsNow
07-20-2010, 11:57 AM
Head Coach: Jack Benny
Assistant Coach: Ed Mcman
Offensive Coordinator: Rodney Dangerfield
Offensive Line Coach: the Skipper (gilligans island)
Running Backs Coach: Chevy Chase
Wide Receivers Coach: Mr Magoo
Tight Ends Coach: Danny DeVito
Defensive Coordinator: Sherrif Joe Arpaio
Defensive Line Coach: John Belushi
Defensive Backs Coach: Don Knotts
Special Teams Coach: Andy Kauffman

Hog Farmer
07-20-2010, 12:08 PM
HC: Herm
DC :Greg Robinson
OC: Jimmy Raye

Stewie
07-20-2010, 12:51 PM
Get-Back Coach: Stewie

CoMoChief
07-20-2010, 01:03 PM
Gunther, yellow sunglasses, and 30 pitchers of beer.

Frankie
07-20-2010, 04:50 PM
Marty, Herm, Dick Curl, Jimmy Raye/Paul Hackett, Kurt S and Gunter.

Gunther was 10X better than G-Rob.

Sweet Daddy Hate
07-20-2010, 05:36 PM
Marty, Herm, Dick Curl, Jimmy Raye/Paul Hackett, Kurt S and Cowher.

You stand corrected.

Bill and Marty, NOT Marty and Cunther. THAT is the equation that laid the foundation of 90's Chief's defense.

Gadzooks
07-20-2010, 05:46 PM
Jimmy Raye is teh siht!!!!11!!!
http://prod.static.chargers.clubs.nfl.com/assets/images/team/front-office/raye_jimmy780x300.jpg

I guess you guys mean "Old man" Raye...
http://prod.static.49ers.clubs.nfl.com/assets/images/imported/SF/photos/person-cards/coaches/coach-cards/raye_jimmy_ci.jpg

Reerun_KC
07-20-2010, 05:47 PM
You stand corrected.

Bill and Marty, NOT Marty and ****her. THAT is the equation that laid the foundation of 90's Chief's defense.

And your point?

Sweet Daddy Hate
07-20-2010, 06:02 PM
And your point?

You stand corrected.

Reerun_KC
07-20-2010, 06:04 PM
You stand corrected.

corrected for what?

What the fuck are you talking about?

Ebolapox
07-20-2010, 07:26 PM
has everybody forgotten marv levy was once our coach? yeah, he should be on the staff somewhere.

Gadzooks
07-20-2010, 07:34 PM
Dick Curl

Mojo Jojo
07-20-2010, 07:48 PM
You stand corrected.

Bill and Marty, NOT Marty and ****her. THAT is the equation that laid the foundation of 90's Chief's defense.

Bill was in KC for 3 seasons, and was not a fan of DT. He was the DC and LB coach and got a lot of crap for bending over for DT. I think that is part of what made him the the HC he was...no more crap from anybody...if you aren't part of the team you can be and will be replaced. That worked well for him in Pittsburgh.

Sweet Daddy Hate
07-20-2010, 08:35 PM
corrected for what?

What the fuck are you talking about?

Can you fucking read? Follow the damned posts! It's all there. Jeez...

Bill was in KC for 3 seasons, and was not a fan of DT. He was the DC and LB coach and got a lot of crap for bending over for DT. I think that is part of what made him the the HC he was...no more crap from anybody...if you aren't part of the team you can be and will be replaced. That worked well for him in Pittsburgh.

Are you confusing "trying to put in coverage" with "not a fan"? Because that's what it sounds like to me.

KCBOSS1
07-20-2010, 08:56 PM
has everybody forgotten marv levy was once our coach? yeah, he should be on the staff somewhere.

He was a terrible coach in Kansas City

Mojo Jojo
07-20-2010, 09:05 PM
Can you ****ing read? Follow the damned posts! It's all there. Jeez...

Are you confusing "trying to put in coverage" with "not a fan"? Because that's what it sounds like to me.

No. When Bill was DT's DC and LB coach DT was at his best as an all-around linebacker, but it was a big fight for Bill to get DT to buy into being an all-around player. DT didn't want to cover, see Shannon Sharpe owning DT on roll outs to Derrick's side, and he didn't want to play against the run, see DT being pulled in the AFC Championship game because Thurman Thomas was running over Derrick all first half.

Cowher saw these traits from day one. He was not a fan.

Reerun_KC
07-20-2010, 09:14 PM
Can you ****ing read? Follow the damned posts! It's all there. Jeez...

First off. I don't care about coward or his time in KC. Nor do I give a rats ass that your dumbass thinks you corrected me on something I really don't give a rats ass about.

Congrats you win whatever little game you are playing.

Jesus you have become a gochiefs clone. Once a decent poster now a ball sack swinging gochiefs wanna be. I am done with you.

milkman
07-21-2010, 08:37 AM
He was a terrible coach in Kansas City

Marv Levy inherited an awful team when he was hired, in an era long before free agency and the quick fix.

His teams improved each year while he was the head coach, going from 4-12 in his first season, followed by 7-9, 8-8, 9-7 records.

He got screwed by the '82 strike, when they went 3-6 is a strike shortened sseason.

It was a mistake to fire Levy after that.

I firmly believe, had Levy been given the chance to continue to build what he had started before the strike, he would have gotten the Chiefs to the SB.

doomy3
07-21-2010, 08:48 AM
First off. I don't care about coward or his time in KC. Nor do I give a rats ass that your dumbass thinks you corrected me on something I really don't give a rats ass about.

Congrats you win whatever little game you are playing.

Jesus you have become a gochiefs clone. Once a decent poster now a ball sack swinging gochiefs wanna be. I am done with you.

:spock:

Reerun_KC
07-21-2010, 09:37 AM

Okay so maybe I over reacted a bit... Was trying to give him the benefit of the doubt... :(

LaChapelle
07-21-2010, 11:25 AM
Why do people like to slobber all over Al Saunders knob? It was that O-line we had that made that O go. Doesnt anyone find it interesting that Al hasnt done shit since?

Is Cowher worth a shit without the Rooney's?
Does the head coach matter a hell of a lot in Baltimore?
Is Bellichick smart enough not to find out what he is outside the Pats Org?

DV had great/I change that to solid- success in 2 out of 3 stops
and not horrible success here

Sweet Daddy Hate
07-22-2010, 12:42 AM

Okay so maybe I over reacted a bit... Was trying to give him the benefit of the doubt... :(

And I'm just fucking crushed as a result. Chow the dick-line, boys.

Frankie
07-22-2010, 10:40 AM
Is Cowher worth a shit without the Rooney's?
Does the head coach matter a hell of a lot in Baltimore?
Is Bellichick smart enough not to find out what he is outside the Pats Org?

DV had great/I change that to solid- success in 2 out of 3 stops
and not horrible success here

Just curious, what's a "horrible success?" :hmmm: