PDA

View Full Version : Funny Stuff Two men injurred attempting a "barrel ride."

HemiEd
07-20-2010, 10:07 AM
Some people should receive supervision forever. ROFL

link (http://www.mcall.com/news/nationworld/sns-ap-us-odd-methanol-explosion,0,4835286.story)

SEDRO-WOOLLEY, Wash. (AP) — Two men who were apparently trying to take an unusual thrill ride were seriously injured in an explosion at a shop that builds and services race cars in Washington state.

Fire Chief Dean Klinger told the Skagit Valley Herald the men put about four gallons of methanol in a 55-gallon barrel in the parking lot Sunday night, sat on top and lit it for a "barrel ride."

Klinger says, "Apparently it was supposed to slide across the parking lot like a rocket. Instead, it blew up."

blaise
07-20-2010, 10:12 AM
Not really a barrell of fun.

kepp
07-20-2010, 10:12 AM
Just when you think stupid couldn't get any stupider.

Over-Head
07-20-2010, 10:15 AM
Some people should receive supervision forever. ROFL

link (http://www.mcall.com/news/nationworld/sns-ap-us-odd-methanol-explosion,0,4835286.story)

SEDRO-WOOLLEY, Wash. (AP) — Two men who were apparently trying to take an unusual thrill ride were seriously injured in an explosion at a shop that builds and services race cars in Washington state.

Fire Chief Dean Klinger told the Skagit Valley Herald the men put about four gallons of methanol in a 55-gallon barrel in the parking lot Sunday night, sat on top and lit it for a "barrel ride."

Klinger says, "Apparently it was supposed to slide across the parking lot like a rocket. Instead, it blew up."

Gee ya think???

Iowanian
07-20-2010, 10:18 AM
I can see how things like that happen.

You're sitting around having a couple of beers with your people, someone makes a joke or ponders a 'what if' or someone heard of someone else doing something and you ask yourselves if it will work.

I've done, been involved and seen things that would floor some people. Sometimes, the results are just pretty F n cool.

Sometimes, Darwin wins too.

CosmicPal
07-20-2010, 10:22 AM
:doh!:

Not exactly rocket scientists.

At least rocket scientists had the brains to test the object unmanned before ever putting a man or monkey in it.

HemiEd
07-20-2010, 10:22 AM
Gee ya think???

I am thinking these guys must be "circle burners." (racers that keep turning left in circles, on a dirt track, and still have to ask directions)

jidar
07-20-2010, 10:36 AM
I'm surprised.

This always worked in Wile-E-Coyote did it.

gblowfish
07-20-2010, 10:41 AM
I'm surprised.

This always worked in Wile-E-Coyote did it.

He works for the Acme Corp.

HemiEd
07-20-2010, 12:51 PM
I can see how things like that happen.

You're sitting around having a couple of beers with your people, someone makes a joke or ponders a 'what if' or someone heard of someone else doing something and you ask yourselves if it will work.

I've done, been involved and seen things that would floor some people. Sometimes, the results are just pretty F n cool.

Sometimes, Darwin wins too.

I think we have all done something like you describe. But I don't comprehend lighting a match, to 4 gallons of combustible fuel, confined under my ass.

Demonpenz
07-20-2010, 01:02 PM
lets sign larry johnson, you think it will work? yeeepp

BillSelfsTrophycase
07-20-2010, 01:30 PM
Couple Darwin award finalists there