PDA

View Full Version : Football Shaun Rogers helps police catch drunk driver

Tribal Warfare
07-22-2010, 02:11 PM
Shaun Rogers helps police catch drunk driver (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=nfp-20100722_shaun_rogers_helps_police_catch_drunk_driver)

Cleveland Browns nose guard Shaun "Big Baby" Rogers provided a big assist to police, helping them catch a drunk driver.

Rogers, who recently received probation to resolve a case where he was caught with a loaded gun at the Cleveland airport, called 911 on Thursday after noticing an "erratic driver," according to WJW-TV.

"The occupants appear to be either very sleepy or drunk," Rogers told the dispatcher. "He's run off the road several times swerving across, they're driving on a flat tire right now."

Rogers remained on the phone, followed the car and pulled behind the driver to warn other drivers.

[Video: Rogers hailed a hero]

"Mr. Rogers positioned himself behind that vehicle and turned his emergency flashers on to notify other drivers that there was an emergency on the road, and I don't know what would've happened had he not done that," Middleburg Heights police chief John Maddox said.

As a result of Rogers' intervention, police arrested 20-year-old John Nykiel and charged him with driving under the influence and operating an unsafe vehicle.

"I thought his actions were above and beyond and I wanted to express to him as chief of police how much we appreciate what he did that night he helped keep Middleburg Heights safe," Maddox said.

Kudos to Rogers for a brave act of citizenship.

Detoxing
07-22-2010, 02:13 PM
ROFL.

No Shaun, Mr. Godell will not forget about your little incident.

HoneyBadger
07-22-2010, 02:49 PM
This is a good method to avoid a DUI. Drive behind someone who is more drunk than you and call the police. They will never suspect you.

raybec 4
07-22-2010, 03:55 PM
Snitch

Hog Farmer
07-22-2010, 04:08 PM
Snitches get stitches!

FYP

listopencil
07-22-2010, 04:24 PM
He should have just shot the guy.