PDA

View Full Version : News Sexual predator sentenced to more than 300 years is set free after 13

ForeverChiefs58
07-23-2010, 02:13 PM
How the hell does this happen? He will prob be lonely after prison, hopefully someone introduces him to a nice bullet. People get longer time for pot for crying out loud.

Thomas Spioch, a Titusville man once sentenced to more than 300 years in prison, is a free man.
Spioch was convicted in 1997 of 28 counts of molesting a 14-year-old boy and plotting to kill seven witnesses in the case, but appeals whittled down his sentence.

By the time his sentence was reduced in 2007, Spioch already had served most of it.
The state then invoked the controversial Jimmy Ryce act, a civil law for violent sexual predators, to hold him at a treatment facility in Arcadia.

Spioch, 52, had been at the facility since 2007 until Thursday's decision.
Though held under the act, he was awaiting trial and a final decision on the civil commitment issue had not been made.The decision to release Spioch came about because of a routine psychological and sexual evaluation, according to Assistant State Attorney Veronica Brace.
"The report also looked at recidivism, the risk to re-offend," she said.

Brace said the state constantly received updated reports from experts and looks at new research and findings. One factor in releasing Spioch, she said, was new research on recidivism showing that the capacity of re-offend decreases with advancing age.
"DCF (The Florida Department of Children and Families) no longer opines that he meets the criteria (to be held under civil commitment)," Brace told Judge John Griesbaum at the Titusville courthouse.

Spioch, who was not at the Titusville courthouse Thursday, will not be returning to Brevard County and will live in Orange County, she said.

He will serve about 12 more years of probation and will be registered as a sexual offender.
"He will be continuing sex-offender treatment," Brace said.
Griesbaum said Thursday he was concerned that there was nothing in the probation order about GPS monitoring or restrictions on the use of the Internet.
Brace and defense attorney Sonny Kutsche told him it wasn't possible to add to the probation conditions because it would constitute double jeopardy.
"If commitment is dismissed by the judge today (Thursday), Mr. Spioch will be released today," said Suzonne Kline, the director of the state's sexually violent predator program.
Kepler Funk, a defense attorney who represented Spioch when his sentence was reduced, said his client did not get a fair shake during his original trial.

"Things are not always what they appear at first blush. When my office looked at this case, we realized how unfair his original trial was. Mr. Spioch has paid his debts to society," he said.
Spioch has 24 hours from the time of his release to report to his probation officer in DeSoto County, where the civil commitment facility is located.
The Brevard-Seminole State Attorney's Office began notifying Spioch's victims a week ago about his possible release.

News of the impending release of the man who molested the 14-year-old boy between March 1992 and September 1993, has already led to one victim leaving Brevard.
The victim, whom FLORIDA TODAY agreed not to identify, was a witness in the molestation case and was on Spioch's hit-list. Court records show Spioch paid the hit-man $2,500 as down payment for the planned killings, but the operation was foiled by sheriff's office investigators.
"It is not right. I have to leave the state I was born in," she said earlier this week.

Dayze
07-23-2010, 02:17 PM
probably to make room for someone busted with a 1/4 oz of weed.

Detoxing
07-23-2010, 02:30 PM

Damn you beat me to it.

Baconeater
07-23-2010, 02:32 PM
It's no secret that America's wang is a haven for child molestors.

Red Brooklyn
07-23-2010, 02:33 PM
I'll never understand the "legal system."

Brock
07-23-2010, 02:35 PM
It's no secret that America's wang is a haven for child molestors.

That's true. and the next kid he molests won't be alive to tell on him.

ForeverChiefs58
07-23-2010, 02:38 PM
weird you could go from 300 years to 13 years. state even tried to invoke Jimmy Ryce act, a civil law for violent sexual predators, to hold him at a treatment facility and still couldn't even do that.
I find it very difficult to understand why we don't kill the people who harm our children?

Frazod
07-23-2010, 02:40 PM
They should hang these fuckers in front of the courthouse they're found guilty in. IMMEDIATELY.

threebag02
07-23-2010, 02:43 PM
Kill the people who harm our children!

Amen

sedated
07-23-2010, 02:45 PM

was thinking the same exact thing

ChiTown
07-23-2010, 02:48 PM
That's true. and the next kid he molests won't be alive to tell on him.

That's true.

My wife's Uncle was caught diddling with my wife's sister (over 35 yrs ago). He was also caught with his own kids as well. POS never spent one day in jaiil because they were trying to protect the family name and all:doh!:

He's in his late 60's early 70's and HE, himself, still requests that he not be by the kiddies/grand kiddies alone. Seriously, these cock suckers should just be put to sleep immediately once they are found guilty. It's that simple. It's been proven that you can't re-hab a child molester.

ForeverChiefs58
07-23-2010, 02:48 PM
The hitman he paid $2500 should have just killed him and been done with it. Someone should pay a hitmen to kill the very people who try to hire them

ForeverChiefs58
07-23-2010, 02:58 PM
It's been proven that you can't re-hab a child molester.

i agree 100%. the article states

"Brace said the state constantly received updated reports from experts and looks at new research and findings. One factor in releasing Spioch, she said, was new research on recidivism showing that the capacity of re-offend decreases with advancing age."DCF (The Florida Department of Children and Families) no longer opines that he meets the criteria (to be held under civil commitment)," Brace told Judge John Griesbaum at the Titusville courthouse"

they are full of shit. That is why whenever a child goes missing they check with all the predetors in the area because they know for a fact they will repeat. They always do and should be killed because of that fact.

talastan
07-23-2010, 03:09 PM
Hey Florida remember Jessica Lunsford? :cuss:

Demonpenz
07-23-2010, 03:20 PM
someone check the girl/mirror/girl camera thread

ClevelandBronco
07-23-2010, 03:22 PM

Damn you beat me to it.

The obligatory pothead observation was included in the OP.

teedubya
07-23-2010, 03:35 PM
If you are convicted of this... then castration should occur, and cut their nuts off. Period. No more boners for them.

ClevelandBronco
07-23-2010, 03:47 PM
If you are convicted of this... then castration should occur, and cut their nuts off. Period. No more boners for them.

Make up your mind, dude. Are we gonna castrate them or are we gonna cut their nuts off?

ForeverChiefs58
07-23-2010, 04:26 PM
if that was my child I think I might use this info to my advantage and turn the predator into the prey:
"Spioch has 24 hours from the time of his release to report to his probation officer in DeSoto County, where the civil commitment facility is located.
The Brevard-Seminole State Attorney's Office began notifying Spioch's victims a week ago about his possible release."

Again if it was my child, he would never make that meeting.

FAX
07-23-2010, 04:27 PM
Castration or Cut Nuts Off? Tough decision there ... I say both.

Meanwhile ... you know ... I hate the idea of "identified" sexual predators being free to continue their activities. Especially child molesters and pre-meditated rapists. They are sick and, typically, cannot be cured of their illness.

But there's another aspect of this story that is somewhat encouraging in a back-handed sort of way. We all know that, generally speaking, the system is locking up non-violent offenders for far too long. Sentences for possession with "intent" to distribute, for example, can run 40 years or more. It's good to know that, in some cases at least, it is possible to appeal your way out of prison.

FAX

RedNFeisty
07-23-2010, 04:35 PM
if that was my child I think I might use this info to my advantage and turn the predator into the prey:
"Spioch has 24 hours from the time of his release to report to his probation officer in DeSoto County, where the civil commitment facility is located.
The Brevard-Seminole State Attorney's Office began notifying Spioch's victims a week ago about his possible release."

if it was my child, he would never make that meeting.
Agree....

ChiefGator
07-23-2010, 04:36 PM

Just cut off the penis. That would leave them with the biggest case of blue balls evah!! EPIC!!

RedNFeisty
07-23-2010, 04:41 PM

Meanwhile ... you know ... I hate the idea of "identified" sexual predators being free to continue their activities. Especially child molesters and pre-meditated rapists. They are sick and, typically, cannot be cured of their illness.

But there's another aspect of this story that is somewhat encouraging in a back-handed sort of way. We all know that, generally speaking, the system is locking up non-violent offenders for far too long. Sentences for possession with "intent" to distribute, for example, can run 40 years or more. It's good to know that, in some cases at least, it is possible to appeal your way out of prison.

FAX

Castration does not work, they need to take a pill which lowers their testosterone or have a part of their brains cut out, I don't feel like looking it up, but that is what the authorities are now saying. I say kill them all.

RedNFeisty
07-23-2010, 04:42 PM
Just cut off the penis. That would leave them with the biggest case of blue balls evah!! EPIC!!

That still leaves them with a mouth, hands, broom handles, assholes, and the list goes on....kill them.

Lonewolf Ed
07-23-2010, 04:46 PM
weird you could go from 300 years to 13 years. state even tried to invoke Jimmy Ryce act, a civil law for violent sexual predators, to hold him at a treatment facility and still couldn't even do that.
I find it very difficult to understand why we don't kill the people who harm our children?

It's obvious that judges and lawyers just don't care about what criminals do to innocents.

FAX
07-23-2010, 04:47 PM
Well, if castration doesn't work, we'll have to find new ways to deal with them. I have an idea, though ... it's a little game we like to play down at the surgery center called, "Lobotomy". You roll the dice and move your piece around the board. If you land on "Anesthesia", you wake up about 12 hours later with gauze wrapped around your head and spittle draining from your lips.

FAX

MIAdragon
07-23-2010, 04:56 PM

Again if it was my child, he would never make that meeting.

He would have never made the trial.

Donger
07-23-2010, 04:57 PM
Feed 'im to the piggies, 'arold.

RJ
07-23-2010, 04:59 PM
Remember this dad who shot the POS who molested his kid? Completely justifiable if you ask me. As I recall, the judge agreed.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/GztVy14MvWY&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/GztVy14MvWY&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

The Pedestrian
07-23-2010, 05:02 PM

Everyone has that choice...before sentencing.

RedNFeisty
07-23-2010, 05:03 PM

Give them to Hog Farmer, his sows would never go hungry!!

Donger
07-23-2010, 05:06 PM
Remember this dad who shot the POS who molested his kid? Completely justifiable if you ask me. As I recall, the judge agreed.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/GztVy14MvWY&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/GztVy14MvWY&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Yep, five years probation.

ForeverChiefs58
07-23-2010, 05:10 PM
He would have never made the trial.

Then you could get mathew mcconaughey and sandra bullock to represent you. :)
I agree, no need for a trial.

FAX
07-23-2010, 05:26 PM

5 years probation? That should encourage the vigilantes.

FAX

ForeverChiefs58
07-23-2010, 05:45 PM

FAX

Lets hope! :clap:

Saige2010
07-23-2010, 06:05 PM
He'll never make it on the "outside" world. Casterate the pig...hell just put him out of his misery now.

RJ
07-23-2010, 06:47 PM

FAX

Funny, huh? It's good to know there's a legal precedent.

Ebolapox
07-23-2010, 06:53 PM
how about a gun to the side of the head? fuck, charge his family for the bullet and 'manpower' it took to fire the gun.

ForeverChiefs58
07-23-2010, 06:53 PM
It seems as every state that has awesome warm weather most of the year also attracts the most screw ups in society. Living in florida, seems I hear about this happening wayyy too often.
Problem is you can't lump all sexual predators together. I just saw the news tonight about a teenager who got a pic sent to him by some horny young girlfriend, showed it to two other boys at school and now all 3 boys (nothing yet for the girl who actually posed and sent the pics) will be forced to register as a predator for having naked pic of girlfriend on their phone. I understand you can't have people with naked pics of underage girls floating around, but if it is consentual they shouldn't be labeled as a predator. Even a 18 year old highschool QB that was busted on a double date with an underage consenting girlfriend, was forced to then register as one. This is wrong because it is not the same. A predator by definition is someone who searches for a prey. Not consentual, big difference.
Lawmakers need to pull their heads out of their ass, get it straight, and make sure the people that HURT our kids should never see the light of day again. Not some kid that gets a pic on his phone.

JoeyChuckles
07-23-2010, 07:28 PM

before zie Germans get here?

Hog Farmer
07-23-2010, 08:15 PM
They should hang these ****ers in front of the courthouse they're found guilty in. IMMEDIATELY.

As I said in another thread just tonight, Our government and legal systems fucking suck, vigilante justice needs a comeback !

Hog Farmer
07-23-2010, 08:20 PM
Give them to Hog Farmer, his sows would never go hungry!!

My hogs would tear him to shreds and push the bones through the slats.

I'm guessing.

Ebolapox
07-23-2010, 08:26 PM
I'm obviously not pro-sexual predators; but I happen to enjoy the use of the phrase in this lyric by big krizz kaliko:

I'm a sexual preditor, better alert the neighbors
Cuz they desperate house wives, is just my flavor
Darth Vadar, pullin out my light saber
And they like my hard candy covered now and later
Spear chuck'a mutha (HEY!) I'm a hunta, gathera
Lookin for a super soaker and loofah latherer
Bend'er over then ya stroke her, I mean ya stabbin'er
Get to pokin, get to strokin, I mean ya ravage her
(?migowa?) I'm eatin bush babies right out the shower
Dine with me and N9ne, buyin fine wine
We devour ya, carnivourish niggerish
I gobble the top ya like it was licorish
I even tell fat girls (HEY!) come here, are ya ticklish?
Dirk Diggler, might hurt'cha but might fit'cha
Honey want a hunt'cha just ta hit'cha
So go on, take a chance, when I advance, don't freeze up
Somethin in ya pants I wanna beat up