PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs What's lurking in your stadium food?

KCrockaholic
07-25-2010, 03:12 PM
http://www.inspectionsonline.us/foodsafety/mousakansascity/search.htm

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/eticket/story?page=100725/stadiumconcessions

Interesting read.

The first link shows food violations at Arrowhead stadium (enter "arrowhead stadium" in the search box), and the 2nd link has the full story along with a map of every major sports complex and the violations they've committed.

Simply Red
07-25-2010, 03:17 PM
it seemed so sanitary when i went, though.

KCrockaholic
07-25-2010, 03:19 PM
I'm going to take a mental note to NEVER go to a sports game in Florida and buy anything from concessions.

Count Alex's Losses
07-25-2010, 03:27 PM
Arrowhead:

Eating, Drinking, or Using Tobacco - An employee was seen eating, drinking, or using a form of tobacco in designated areas where the contamination of exposed food; clean equipment, utensils, and linens; unwrapped single-service and single-use articles; or other items needing protection could result.

Food Contact Clean to Sight and Touch - Equipment food-contact surfaces and utensils was not clean to sight and touch.

<table class="gt" width="100%"><tbody><tr></tr></tbody><thead></thead><tbody><tr><td colspan="2">When to Wash - Food Employees did not clean their hands and exposed portions of their arms according to Food Code guidelines</td></tr></tbody></table>

Baconeater
07-25-2010, 03:50 PM
I've rarely ever eaten stadium food, it's shit quality and overpriced.

Saulbadguy
07-25-2010, 03:51 PM
Not only are they fairly unsanitary, they could give a fuck less about customer service at Arrowhead or the K. I don't buy anything there.

Saulbadguy
07-25-2010, 03:56 PM
I've rarely ever eaten stadium food, it's shit quality and overpriced.

That too.

Stewie
07-25-2010, 03:57 PM
:rolleyes:

Go to any health department inspection records for restaurants. These things happen all the time. Here's the one for Jackson County, MO. Pick your restaurant of choice in the pulldown menu in the upper left.

http://www.jacksongov.org/FSI/

Bowser
07-25-2010, 04:00 PM
I've rarely ever eaten stadium food, it's shit quality and overpriced.Yep. I will say that the chilli cheese fries are like heroin if you've taken in too much beer throughout the day, though.

KCrockaholic
07-25-2010, 04:06 PM
http://static-p-a.comcast.net/api/assets/cimed-20090127/0127-Ramsay160.jpg

"Turn the Focker off!"

Bowser
07-25-2010, 04:06 PM
http://static-p-a.comcast.net/api/assets/cimed-20090127/0127-Ramsay160.jpg

"Turn the Focker off!"LMAO

Mojo Jojo
07-25-2010, 04:18 PM
Remember about 5 years ago when Jack's Stack was at Arrowhead and they found mice/rats and cockroaches inside the stands...along with animal/rodent droppings? I can't remember which station broke the story, but by the next game Jack's Stack had moved out and issued a statement it was the stadium and not JS's fault.

BWillie
07-25-2010, 04:19 PM
I don't really care. My good buddy just got a job w/ the Chiefs to wine and dine people interested in buying Chiefs tickets. On Sundays he's always going to be in a luxury box and said he can get me as much free beer and grub as I want. JIMP

Bowser
07-25-2010, 04:20 PM
I don't really care. My good buddy just got a job w/ the Chiefs to wine and dine people interested in buying Chiefs tickets. On Sundays he's always going to be in a luxury box and said he can get me as much free beer and grub as I want. JIMPHook some people up!

KCrockaholic
07-25-2010, 04:25 PM
Remember about 5 years ago when Jack's Stack was at Arrowhead and they found mice/rats and cockroaches inside the stands...along with animal/rodent droppings? I can't remember which station broke the story, but by the next game Jack's Stack had moved out and issued a statement it was the stadium and not JS's fault.

After my experience with Jack Stack. It was Jack Stack's fault. Trust me.

BWillie
07-25-2010, 04:25 PM
Hook some people up!

Oh I will once I figure out how the finagling will work.

Mojo Jojo
07-25-2010, 04:31 PM
I don't really care. My good buddy just got a job w/ the Chiefs to wine and dine people interested in buying Chiefs tickets. On Sundays he's always going to be in a luxury box and said he can get me as much free beer and grub as I want. JIMP

You must never have been in the kitchens of stadium caterers. Nasty, nasty areas. Food orders done two/three days in advance...may or may not be stored properly. All day of game orders cooked/prepared in some nasty places. That is why the stadium makes you buy from them and you can't bring in your own food unless you can negotiate a deal.

Von Dumbass
07-25-2010, 04:35 PM
The Broncos aren't on that list anywhere. :)

BWillie
07-25-2010, 04:41 PM
You must never have been in the kitchens of stadium caterers. Nasty, nasty areas. Food orders done two/three days in advance...may or may not be stored properly. All day of game orders cooked/prepared in some nasty places. That is why the stadium makes you buy from them and you can't bring in your own food unless you can negotiate a deal.

I've accepted the realization that I've probably eaten a pube and many boogers in my life time when eating out. That is the sad reality.

LaChapelle
07-25-2010, 04:45 PM
Your mom and dad drinks from the milk carton after oral pleasantries
don't even think about using the blender before a complete bleaching

Ugly Duck
07-26-2010, 03:18 AM

Invesco has the worst record in the AFCW. Bugs in 61% of the vendors. DO NOT buy refreshments at Invesco due to pestilence.

InChiefsHell
07-26-2010, 06:30 AM
Thing is, everyone is going to have violations. They are nothing more that a means of collecting fines and raising revenue. Of course regulation is needed, but it always amazes me that the standards for cleanliness vary depending on where you are. Go to a carnival...buy a funnel cake or a hot dog...don't even think about it. Have a picnic with your family, salad is left out for a long time, get a second helping. Wave the flies away all afternoon, take a bite from that burger after they've crawled all over it.

I've worked concessions at the Qwest Center. We are required to wear gloves. So, I'm handling people's food...and money...but I'm wearing the magic gloves, so that makes it all-righty then...:spock:

People freak out too much. There needs to be regulation, but IMO it goes to far and serves to just make people OK with levying fines for every friggin' infraction.

Consistent1
07-26-2010, 08:03 AM
The glove thing does sorta crack me up. At times like you mention, it might actually make things worse. People are always going to violate the drinking and sneaking food stuff. Everyplace has a rule about it, but it is still done daily. The worse stuff is when you cross contaminate raw food with things that aren't going to be cooked. Such as making salads in the wrong area, etc. I don't see a huge deal here.

loochy
07-26-2010, 08:50 AM
See the 1:57 mark.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/tSWnmOvgyKc&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/tSWnmOvgyKc&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Dicky McElephant
07-26-2010, 11:11 AM
Invesco has the worst record in the AFCW. Bugs in 61% of the vendors. DO NOT buy refreshments at Invesco due to pestilence.

:cuss: Don't lump be in with those fucking donkeys.

KCrockaholic
07-26-2010, 11:22 AM

lol Fail.