PDA

View Full Version : Life Apparently I can pull it out okay, but I need help sticking it in

JD10367
07-26-2010, 10:26 AM
I can stick it in but when I pull away it just comes out again.

I'm talking about contacts, you pervs.

For medical reasons, I need to wear them. My problem is, when I try to put it in, it just comes away again when I pull my finger away. I have no issues in pressing my finger to my eyeball, or even moving the contact around on the surface of the eye; but every time I pull the fingertip away, the contact just comes back out with it. So I'm looking for tips, and wondering if it's a wet/dry thing.

And I don't know Gaz, but apparently he needs an option here. :shrug:

Silock
07-26-2010, 10:36 AM
Wet contacts, dry fingers.

Old Dog
07-26-2010, 10:36 AM
put a tiny drop of super glue on it

LaChapelle
07-26-2010, 10:37 AM
Get her to put them in with her tongue

sedated
07-26-2010, 10:50 AM
I cover my finger in salt and jalapeno juice before putting them in.

JD10367
07-26-2010, 10:57 AM
So far we have 1 wet/wet, 1 wet/dry, and 1 dry/dry. Great.

And I'm surprised I haven't gotten a "wipe the cum off your fingers first". You guys are slipping.

Donger
07-26-2010, 10:58 AM
Are these soft contact lenses?

Pants
07-26-2010, 10:59 AM
Been wearing contacts for about 9 years now. Contacts stick to anything wet so you have to wet your eye with some eyedrops or something and make sure your finger is dry. The contact will stick to your eye.

EDIT: How in the world can you have a dry contact anyway? Are we talking about soft contacts?

gblowfish
07-26-2010, 11:04 AM
Fudd's First Law of Opposition:
"If you push something hard enough, it will fall over."
First hit upon by scientist Sir Sidney Fudd when he accidentally knocked his wife down the stairs.

Teslacle's Deviant to Fudd's Law
"It goes in -- it must come out."

JD10367
07-26-2010, 11:19 AM
Been wearing contacts for about 9 years now. Contacts stick to anything wet so you have to wet your eye with some eyedrops or something and make sure your finger is dry. The contact will stick to your eye.

EDIT: How in the world can you have a dry contact anyway? Are we talking about soft contacts?

Soft. By "dry" I meant, "not dripping in saline". When I tried it at the doc's office he said make sure it was dry because if it's top-heavy it'll fall off your finger, but his comment was in direct response to my dousing the thing with saline as it sat on my fingertip, LOL.

sedated
07-26-2010, 11:22 AM
contact should be wet, and finger should be relatively dry.

if your contacts have the weight marks on the top and bottom, make sure one of them is towards the top, not on the sides.

LaChapelle
07-26-2010, 11:27 AM
Women love a brown eyed handsome man
food for thought

bevischief
07-26-2010, 12:27 PM
ky

alnorth
07-26-2010, 01:15 PM
I get this problem every once in a while, and this also seems to work with the opposite problem (cant get the damn thing out, I'm making my eye red trying to grab it!)

First, its usually because my finger was too wet so I dry it off and try again (contact should always be wet). If it still doesnt work, I put the contact in, then when my finger is still touching my contact and eye, I slightly move my eye, down or to the side, and often I can feel the contact pull off my finger and "settle in". (for the opposite problem when trying to get it out and drying the finger doesnt work, sometimes by having the eye looking in a slightly different direction the contact decides it will cooperate now and come off easier)

allen_kcCard
07-26-2010, 01:17 PM
antifreeze will make your problems go away

And, my contacts experience was a failure, but for me it was because I had to have hard gas permeable lenses and the damn things felt like trashcan lids on my eyeball every time I blinked, so I opted out of keeping them after the 30 trial period they gave me.

For me, wet and wet worked best, and when I got it in I would kind of "blink" to get my finger free. So, as I was ready to pull my finger away, I would start to close my eye so my eyelids were over the edges of the lens holding it there, and then I pulled my finger back as my eyelids/eyelashes hit my finger. Again, this was with hard lenses, so I have no idea if the soft ones would be any different.

alnorth
07-26-2010, 01:21 PM
Again, this was with hard lenses, so I have no idea if the soft ones would be any different.

good point, my experience is 6 years of soft lenses, almost always the 2-week disposables. disposables are more expensive but SO much more comfortable, and I dont have a panic attack if I lose a contact. I lose one, eh I just lost roughly $6, I have 15 or so more at home for each eye.

allen_kcCard
07-26-2010, 02:27 PM
good point, my experience is 6 years of soft lenses, almost always the 2-week disposables. disposables are more expensive but SO much more comfortable, and I dont have a panic attack if I lose a contact. I lose one, eh I just lost roughly $6, I have 15 or so more at home for each eye.

Yeah, the thought of losing them was what sealed me on getting out of them while I still could under the trial period. I went into the bathroom at work to take them out because they were driving me mad, and at that point I had been using them for several weeks and just wanted a break for the day. I forgot to bring my contact case in with me, so just to make sure I didn't drop them on the way back I put them in my mouth (not sure where that idea came from, seemed like a good idea at the time)...but when I put two in, all the sudden I realized that I only had one in my mouth instead. I'd dropped them in the bathroom there before, but they were hard, so I always heard a click of them hitting the sink or the floor and was able to find it pretty quick, but this time I didn't hear anything. I assumed it had fallen as I moved my hand to my mouth, so I was looking all over on my clothes and didn't see it, so I started looking on the floor. I swear I looked in there for 45 minutes. People came in and looked around with me some, someone went and got a flashlight so we could look better under the sink, and I eventually called the eye doctor to see what happens if I lose or break one and they pretty much said I was SOL and had to buy a new one (they werne't cheap, but were covered in full by my VSP coverage), even if I was a few days away from returning the things.

I eventually decided to go back to my desk and get the one I still had in my mouth cleaned up and put away before I lost it too. I sat down at my desk and put the cleaning solution on it and started to rub them some like I was supposed to to clean them, and it....slipped. For a second I thought I dropped this one too, but then realized that I had two contacts again! When I'd put the two into my mouth they went together and stuck, and the two of them fit well enough that they looked and felt like one. I was shocked and relieved, and never put the things in again until I could get the damn things back to the eye clinic and out of my hands.

They have tried to talk me into getting thema gain on both annual visits since then, telling me that now the gas permeables are hard in the center, but then soft around the edges and they feel a lot better, but that "lost" lens always comes back to mind and I've never been too tempted to try it again.

ClevelandBronco
07-26-2010, 02:29 PM
Fudd's First Law of Opposition:
"If you push something hard enough, it will fall over."
First hit upon by scientist Sir Sidney Fudd when he accidentally knocked his wife down the stairs.

Teslacle's Deviant to Fudd's Law
"It goes in -- it must come out."

We have someone else here who knows The Firesign Theater? DUDE!!!

Simply Red
07-26-2010, 02:41 PM
Does anyone know of any good free adult streaming websites?

-Thank you.

SPATCH
07-26-2010, 02:43 PM
I've been wearing contacts since 4th grade (so... 13 years), and I wear the ****ers every damn day.

Here's what you do:

1. Place the contact in your opposite-handed palm.

2. Lightly dab your right index finger, assuming you are right handed, in some of the excess saline in your palm. (This is key)

3. Scoop the contact from your palm with your right index finger. (You may need to manipulate it with your left hand so that it sits correctly.)

4. Place your left hand on the top part of your forehead and hold your top eye lid open with your left middle finger.

5. With the contact sitting on your right index finger, use your right middle finger to open your bottom eye lid.

6. Place the bitch on your eye.

* You may want to stand really close to the mirror at first.. it's pretty helpful for n00bs

Pants
07-26-2010, 02:45 PM
Soft. By "dry" I meant, "not dripping in saline". When I tried it at the doc's office he said make sure it was dry because if it's top-heavy it'll fall off your finger, but his comment was in direct response to my dousing the thing with saline as it sat on my fingertip, LOL.

I gotcha. Then yeah, you're good to go. Wet eye, dry finger - no problem.

alnorth
07-26-2010, 03:10 PM

ahh, I didnt realize your definition of wet or dry contact. Seemed weird to me, a contact is mostly water, if it is ever really dry, it is ruined.

In that case yeah, you dont want the contact dripping with saline. so dry finger, "dry" contact.

JD10367
07-26-2010, 03:21 PM
For me, wet and wet worked best, and when I got it in I would kind of "blink" to get my finger free. So, as I was ready to pull my finger away, I would start to close my eye so my eyelids were over the edges of the lens holding it there, and then I pulled my finger back as my eyelids/eyelashes hit my finger. Again, this was with hard lenses, so I have no idea if the soft ones would be any different.

Actually, I think that's how I got it off my finger when I tried this morning: I put it on, then started to close my eye, which grabbed the edges and held it in place while I pulled my finger away.

JD10367
07-26-2010, 03:23 PM
I've been wearing contacts since 4th grade (so... 13 years), and I wear the ****ers every damn day.

Here's what you do:

1. Place the contact in your opposite-handed palm.

2. Lightly dab your right index finger, assuming you are right handed, in some of the excess saline in your palm. (This is key)

3. Scoop the contact from your palm with your right index finger. (You may need to manipulate it with your left hand so that it sits correctly.)

4. Place your left hand on the top part of your forehead and hold your top eye lid open with your left middle finger.

5. With the contact sitting on your right index finger, use your right middle finger to open your bottom eye lid.

6. Place the bitch on your eye.

* You may want to stand really close to the mirror at first.. it's pretty helpful for n00bs

Ooh, ooh! This may be another aspect I'm overlooking. I was sort of looking DOWN at the table at the time, so maybe gravity was working against me and I should be trying to put it in while looking straight ahead.

alnorth
07-26-2010, 03:27 PM
Ooh, ooh! This may be another aspect I'm overlooking. I was sort of looking DOWN at the table at the time, so maybe gravity was working against me and I should be trying to put it in while looking straight ahead.

yeah, I never look down

JD10367
07-26-2010, 05:54 PM
yeah, I never look down

Okay, so... wet contact, dry fingertip, don't look down. Got it. :)

Zebedee DuBois
07-26-2010, 06:56 PM
yeah, I never look down

Tangent. Why, when in a perilous situation and someone yells, "Whatever you do, DON"T LOOK DOWN!", does the person always immediately look down?

alnorth
07-26-2010, 08:39 PM
Tangent. Why, when in a perilous situation and someone yells, "Whatever you do, DON"T LOOK DOWN!", does the person always immediately look down?

because the immediate thought in your mind is "why?". A better way would be "below you will be such and such, and looking down will cause this or that, so whatever you do, don't look down."

SPATCH
07-26-2010, 08:44 PM

PSSSSHHHH dude... yeah... for sure. You got this shit now.