07-26-2010, 12:24 PM
Do you buy them?

If you do.....which one do you buy?

NFL.com?
ESPN?
Rotoworld?

Old Dog
07-26-2010, 12:27 PM
I buy one or two every year. Generally one of the first ones I see (this year it was ESPN) and then whichever one looks to have the most articles. I never use their rankings anyway.
PFW is generally pretty good (again, articles, NOT rankings)

RJ
07-26-2010, 12:33 PM
No magazines for me. I subscribe to fantasyguru.com. I think it's about $25 a year, been doing it for the past three years. Much better value than dropping $12 or so on a couple of magazines that are out of date before you open them.

Edit: The fantasyguru site is nice not just for drafting but for info all season long. As long as I'm winning more than I'm spending on FF most years I'm ok with paying for a subscription site.

Dayze
07-26-2010, 12:34 PM
I bought my first one last year, and it was damn near information overload.

I guess I'd get one if I had a large chunk of money on the league. but I doubt I'll buy them again, since I'm in a free league.

don't get me wrong - there is a LOT of good info; but too much for me.
and to answer your question - the mag was from Rotoworld.

OnTheWarpath58
07-26-2010, 12:35 PM
Nope. Way outdated information.

Dicky McElephant
07-26-2010, 12:37 PM
I usually end up buying Rotoworld's online FF guide. Its around $30 and you can enter in your league's scoring system....and it will redo the rankings for you. Plus it's all season long and you get up to date injury and depth chart changes.

If I'm bored....I'll usually pick up a magazine....just to get an idea of who I want to draft.

Old Dog
07-26-2010, 12:38 PM
No magazines for me. I subscribe to fantasyguru.com. I think it's about $25 a year, been doing it for the past three years. Much better value than dropping $12 or so on a couple of magazines that are out of date before you open them.

Edit: The fantasyguru site is nice not just for drafting but for info all season long. As long as I'm winning more than I'm spending on FF most years I'm ok with paying for a subscription site.

I agree that for real fantasy information the internet is vastly superior, however for reading whilst in the restroom taking care of business in the morning.....

OnTheWarpath58
07-26-2010, 12:39 PM
I usually end up buying Rotoworld's online FF guide. Its around $30 and you can enter in your league's scoring system....and it will redo the rankings for you. Plus it's all season long and you get up to date injury and depth chart changes.

If I'm bored....I'll usually pick up a magazine....just to get an idea of who I want to draft.

I use FFToday's Cheatsheet Compilier and Draft Buddy for haft the cost.

I highly recommend it.

CanadianChief
07-26-2010, 12:58 PM

I agree. They put some of theses mags out in early June.

RJ
07-26-2010, 12:59 PM
I agree that for real fantasy information the internet is vastly superior, however for reading whilst in the restroom taking care of business in the morning.....

There is something to be said for bathroom reading material.

CosmicPal
07-26-2010, 01:06 PM

This.

Not only is the information outdated, but those mags are way too expensive to get information that you can score online for free.

If you have Google Reader set up, subscribe to a bunch of Fantasy Football feeds. This is the best and most up-to-date source for Fantasy Football information.

The sooner you set this up, the better.

The Poz
07-26-2010, 01:24 PM
There is something to be said for bathroom reading material.

Totally, I keep the Athlon mag near the shitter but http://www.rotoworld.com/ is my main source of fantasy news.
As for paying for "premium" on-line news, I prefer to come up with my own solutions. Every year I can point out who uses the "experts" advice, they never win.

Bill Lundberg
07-26-2010, 01:36 PM

This

Nzoner
07-26-2010, 01:58 PM
I buy one,Rotoworld,just to have one for bedside reading.

DTLB58
07-26-2010, 02:36 PM
Nope, same as others say, outdated info.

I love it how others in my league show up for the draft with a arm full of books and mags and I have nothing. I use our league web site from cbssportsline that we already pay for and is customized for our league scoring.
Then I proceed to dominate :thumb:

rtmike
07-26-2010, 04:06 PM
I just started playing fantasy sports about 3 years ago. I thought I'd try to up my game & bought a Sporting News & some other rag. I customized my rankings following their suggestions.

And I've been rewarded with both teams near the bottom kicking & scratching for the last playoff seed. ROFL

KCrockaholic
07-26-2010, 04:13 PM
I buy at least one every single year. ESPN usually has some great info in it, but their rankings are usually crap IMO. The NFL fantasy mag is nice. Good quality material. But it's just your preference.

I don't like rotoworld. But like I said, it's just preference.

Bill Lundberg
07-26-2010, 04:50 PM

I highly recommend it.

Worth every penny. I've used it for the past 4-5 years primarily in my $$ leagues and made the playoffs each year, won it twice.

Priest31kc
07-26-2010, 05:52 PM
I buy a few every year, but I think Im just gunna use the internet only this year.

Chocolate Hog
07-26-2010, 05:54 PM

I highly recommend it.

Thanks.

Pioli Zombie
07-26-2010, 05:58 PM
Locals have advised me to draft as many Chargers,Broncos,and Raiders as possible since they play the Chiefs twice.

Predarat
07-26-2010, 06:59 PM
Its ok to buy one or two, but buying more then that is a huge waste. ESPN, Rotoworld are good ones.

Farzin
07-26-2010, 07:12 PM
Lots of free details are available online these days.

MahiMike
07-26-2010, 08:27 PM
I look for the ones that rank the OL. Forget about the rankings - or just use as reference for changes. But the good ones go beyond the skill players. Coach changes are big too.