PDA

View Full Version : Life Lucky Day

CaliforniaChief
08-03-2010, 03:29 PM
Thought I'd share this cool story. At least it ended up being cool.

Last night after work we decided to do some yard work as a family. Pull weeds, mow the lawn, trim the tree a bit, etc. In order to get to the flower bed in front of our house I had to relocate my car to the street. Wearing shorts without pockets and too lazy to bring the keys back in, I throw them onto my wife's car's bumper parked in the garage.

We finish the yard work, hang out with the neighbors for a few, and go inside. A little later, my wife goes out to grab some ice cream and we enjoy our evening.

This morning as I'm gearing up for work, I look for my keys and have a sinking feeling that I knew exactly where they were. Or used to be. Panicked, I run out of the garage and hope to see the keys on the end of the driveway. No keys. I follow our street to the first stop sign, hoping that the momentum of her taking off from the stop threw the keys off the back. Nope. I go a few more blocks and realize they aren't there.

She drove back to pick me up and I retraced her drive last night. Nothing. I'm screwed. My work keys, both car keys, house keys, gate keys, all lost.

I go about my day, figuring I'll just have to bite the bullet and pay for the keys to be replaced, which isn't cheap for the newer car keys and the wireless devices attached. And having to tell my employer.

On break a few minutes ago, I go on Craigslist and click on the "lost and found" section of the site and to my shock, someone posted that they found keys last night in the general vicinity of my home. After verifying with the person some features on the key set, I have arrangements and will be getting them back tonight.

I'm really happy about that. Just thought I'd share.

DonTellMeShowMe
08-03-2010, 03:31 PM
nice...pretty lucky find on CL

Sofa King
08-03-2010, 03:32 PM
That can't happen alot. Lucky.

38yrsfan
08-03-2010, 03:57 PM
I'd suggest a lottery ticket in the near future ...

Fritz88
08-03-2010, 04:50 PM
Great. BJ worthy
Posted via Mobile Device

bevischief
08-03-2010, 06:01 PM
Powerball. Go buy one.

sandynme
08-03-2010, 06:08 PM
thats more miraculous than a charger or donkey fan getting laid outside their family trees

cabletech94
08-03-2010, 06:48 PM
i hope you don't get stabbed when the keys are "returned".

best wishes!!!

Count Zarth
08-03-2010, 07:17 PM
Great. BJ worthy
Posted via Mobile Device

He's lucky the finder of the keys didn't ask for a blowjob, being it was craigslist and all.

CaliforniaChief
08-03-2010, 07:47 PM
Hey, I'll take the keys even if Chris Hansen himself delivers them.