PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs So which one of you has been feeding lead paint chips to the Star & 610 folks?

T-post Tom
08-06-2010, 12:23 AM
Seriously, seems like there's an odd bit of energy eminating from those guys:

1. Whitlock is MIA from the Star but still tweeting incoherent ramblings.
2. Adam Teicher grew some balls and lost his mind all at once. Seriously, calling the NFL to complain about the walk-thru (if it wasn't him that dialed, he was in on it) and then attacking Haley at yesterday's press conference? WTH?
3. Kent Babb stating (on 610) that Brandon Carr is just as good as Brandon Flowers? Wow.
4. Nick W's uprovoked rants against Haley. Acting like Haley is the 2nd coming of Bob Knight.
5. The 610 morning guy saying that Plaxico Burress will be out of jail very soon, and that the Chiefs should pursue him. He said that right now, Plaxico is a better receiver than T.O. :doh!:

There's more examples from this week, but you get the point. So please, whoever's doling out the paint chips to the media guys: STOP! They have enough issues w/o your contributions.

Jerm
08-06-2010, 12:28 AM
Something in the water in St. Joe's lol?

Fumblerooski
Far as I can Tell, Nick Wright wants Haley to be his father... (or was that he wanted to be step-father to Haley's kids??) I dunno... Either way, He'd be happy to be Nick Haley.

KCrockaholic
lol. Sounds like a bunch of hill billy monkeys running the KC sports media.

BWillie
08-06-2010, 12:31 AM
All I know is I want to kick Sean Shareef in the nuts. That guy is the least talented person on any 610 or 810

Fumblerooski
08-06-2010, 12:33 AM
All I know is I want to kick Sean Shareef in the nuts. That guy is the least talented person on any 610 or 810

Fatlock approves...

BWillie
08-06-2010, 12:39 AM
Sean Shareef basically just goes okay call in and I'll let you blabber on and do my job for me. Then I'll go steal your idea and act like it's my knowledge. He knows next to nothing about sports. At least Nick Wright has a take.

T-post Tom
08-06-2010, 12:52 AM
Sean Shareef basically just goes okay call in and I'll let you blabber on and do my job for me. Then I'll go steal your idea and act like it's my knowledge. He knows next to nothing about sports. At least Nick Wright has a take.

So now I know what my father's sports talk ISN'T. Good old dad, good old days... :)

HonestChieffan
08-06-2010, 05:51 AM
KC Sports media at its best wasn't good.

KCUnited
08-06-2010, 05:54 AM
Bill Maas said yesterday that we are deep at QB and that St. Joe crank is some of the best he's mainlined.

blaise
08-06-2010, 06:58 AM
Bill Maas said he had sources that told him the Chiefs aren't happy with Tyson Jackson. It shook the entire KC metro area.

kc rush
08-06-2010, 07:34 AM
Because 810 has the media agreement with the Chiefs, 610 is trying to paint 810 as the mouthpiece for the team. In order to sound like outsiders giving you the truth, they probably feel like they need to say bad things about the team. At the very least they need to be "controversial" to get listeners.

Who knows what the deal is with the Star. Babb and Teicher are tied to 610 though.

kc rush
08-06-2010, 07:35 AM
Bill Maas said yesterday that we are deep at QB and that St. Joe crank is some of the best he's mainlined.

He and Petro must have the same supplier.

blaise
08-06-2010, 07:46 AM
I think 610's biggest enemy is themselves. The tired way they set up the segments: This is the next 12 minute segment, topic ___ . Call in and say you either like or don't like ____. Don't call about anything else. Only this topic. Let's go to the phones. Gary in Olathe,
'um, this is Gary in Olathe?'
yeah, go ahead.
'um this is Gary in Olathe, and I wanted to bring up something no one else has brought up (insert opinion that has been brought up 12 times this hour)
okay, thanks Gary. Next up is Jeff in Grandview
'Um this is Jeff in Grandview? I just wanted to say that I want to give the counterpoint to Gary that has been said 10 times this hour already.'

Repeat.

jbwm89
08-06-2010, 07:54 AM
3. Carr better than Flowers? I thought Carr was having a bad camp

Rausch
08-06-2010, 08:27 AM
3. Carr better than Flowers? I thought Carr was having a bad camp

Reminds me of the Hasty/Carter years.

Hasty wasn't flashy but was a always on, always shut his guy down to next to nothing, and rarely made mistakes.

Carter had much more physical talent, took a ton more risks, and had bigger plays and bigger blunders.

Flowers is undersized, slow, and rarely comes up with a game changing play but he's consistently good...he's RELIABLE...

-King-
08-06-2010, 08:53 AM
Shareef doesnt even really talk sports. Just something that has to do with sports. Shit, yesterday he spend like all day talking about watching the games on tv vs. at the stadium. Hmmm Shareef, the chiefs just had their biggest practice so far, maybe you want to spend a few minutes talking about that.
Posted via Mobile Device

notorious
08-06-2010, 09:02 AM
Carr is atrocious. He is the weak link in the secondary.

Anyone that thinks that Carr is better then Flowers is a dumbass.

Messier
08-06-2010, 09:09 AM
Shareef doesnt even really talk sports. Just something that has to do with sports. Shit, yesterday he spend like all day talking about watching the games on tv vs. at the stadium. Hmmm Shareef, the chiefs just had their biggest practice so far, maybe you want to spend a few minutes talking about that.
Posted via Mobile Device

Well he admitted recently that he's not a Chiefs fan, and has not spent enough time studying them. If that's the case, how does he get a job hosting a sports talk show IN KANSAS CITY!

gblowfish
08-06-2010, 09:25 AM
Here's a summany of Fescoe's Chiefs coverage over the past week:

"Uncle D's.
Uncle D's.
Uncle D's.
Uncle D's.
Uncle D's.
Uncle D's."

A1DonkKiller
08-06-2010, 09:29 AM
I listened to the whole interview with Babb..... I'm pretty sure that he never even came close to saying that Carr was close to Flowers. He and Nick only said that there was no other CBs close to taking Carr's job.

I really don't post that much on here, but I have to right now and say the original thread is very flawed. Please don't take that part of the original thread as real info.

KCUnited
08-06-2010, 09:31 AM
Here's a summany of Fescoe's Chiefs coverage over the past week:

"Uncle D's.
Uncle D's.
Uncle D's.
Uncle D's.
Uncle D's.
Uncle D's."

Bucket of beers only $6.10 here at Uncle D's. I've never seen a bucket of beers priced that ridiculously low as it is here at Uncle D's. We're breaking beer sales records here at Uncle D's. Most beers sold in St. Joe during camp, Uncle D's

Sweet Daddy Hate
08-06-2010, 02:15 PM
lol. Sounds like a bunch of hill billy monkeys running the KC sports media.

They are. We get NOTHING from these fuckers except a sometimes exciting feud between Whittles and Peeholi.

Everything else is fucking...GARBAGE.

Sweet Daddy Hate
08-06-2010, 02:16 PM
I'd rather listen to Lindsay Shannon drink beer on the air than listen to most of those fucks.

-King-
08-06-2010, 02:18 PM
Carr is atrocious. He is the weak link in the secondary.

Anyone that thinks that Carr is better then Flowers is a dumbass.

Carr was atrocious? Flowers and Carr were a top 5 duo in the league. WTF?

Bill Lundberg
08-06-2010, 04:18 PM
5. The 610 morning guy saying that Plaxico Burress will be out of jail very soon, and that the Chiefs should pursue him. He said that right now, Plaxico is a better receiver than T.O. :doh!:

I don't see how one could disagree with this.

T-post Tom
08-06-2010, 09:18 PM
I listened to the whole interview with Babb..... I'm pretty sure that he never even came close to saying that Carr was close to Flowers. He and Nick only said that there was no other CBs close to taking Carr's job.

I really don't post that much on here, but I have to right now and say the original thread is very flawed. Please don't take that part of the original thread as real info.

Maybe you heard a different segment, as Babb is on there frequently. Maybe you're a Babb and/or 610 crony. Either way, piss off. It absolutely happened. Babb said that overall, Carr and Flowers were the same player. I have no reason to fabricate that.

I encourage anyone here to "pull a Teicher" & ask 610 to let you hear the tape. Maybe they could put a podcast up on their site. This was a day or so before all the criticism of Carr starting making the airwaves. I'm sure Babb would like those comments to be completely forgotten. [Not unlikely if it was said on 610. :) ] And the wheels on the bus go round and round...

T-post Tom
08-06-2010, 09:23 PM
I don't see how one could disagree with this.

My sarcasm meter is broken, so I'm not sure if you're serious. I hope not. An extended stay in prison probably isn't the best training ground for an NFL receiver. I'd have to go with T.O. on this one. (Did I type that? Ouch.)

Chocolate Hog
08-06-2010, 09:26 PM
Carr was atrocious? Flowers and Carr were a top 5 duo in the league. WTF?

Says who? People act like this was a top ranked pass defense.

Brainiac
08-06-2010, 09:29 PM
Maas has had a man-crush on Brodie Croyle for at least a year now. Last year he went on and on about how talented Croyle is and how several years from now Croyle will be playing meaningful games for some other NFL team.

ChiefsOne
08-06-2010, 10:08 PM
I have spent the last three days at training camp and you can't imagine how many people were saying how good the Chiefs were and that they were going to the Superbowl 'this" year. There must be crack in the water supply!

-King-
08-06-2010, 10:15 PM
Says who? People act like this was a top ranked pass defense.

They were I think #2 in PDs. Carr wasn't horrible by any means.

We also had Mike Brown and Jon McGraw at safeties. There's no way in hell we're going to have a top pass defense with those two. Add in the terrible pass rush and...

Douche Baggins
08-06-2010, 10:18 PM
Teicher attacked Haley?

BossChief
08-06-2010, 10:29 PM
I have spent the last three days at training camp and you can't imagine how many people were saying how good the Chiefs were and that they were going to the Superbowl 'this" year. There must be crack in the water supply!

one thing I learned after going to camp for years, the average fan is a complete and total idiot

T-post Tom
08-06-2010, 10:34 PM
Teicher attacked Haley?

Not physically. (I think Teicher would lose that fight.) I'm talking about the whole "closed practice" exchange where Teicher challenged Haley's honesty. Didn't you find that difficult to listen to? Teicher is an odd fellow.

http://www.salon.com/life/feature/2010/08/06/teacher_who_replaced_me/md_horiz.jpg

Douche Baggins
08-06-2010, 10:38 PM
I didn't hea rit. Details?

T-post Tom
08-06-2010, 10:44 PM
I didn't hea rit. Details?

http://thumbnails.truveo.com/0006/40/BD/40BDC67CE14639D1684250_Large.jpg

Here's a recap: http://arrowheadaddict.com/2010/08/06/teichers-tactics-come-off-as-childish/

LaChapelle
08-06-2010, 10:49 PM
Why was KK baned from Chief's press confrences
or is he too busy gargling golf balls at home

Douche Baggins
08-06-2010, 10:51 PM
Did this get it's own thread? It should.

MadMax
08-06-2010, 10:52 PM
one thing I learned after going to camp for years, the average fan is a complete and total idiot

You can get the same results reading here sometimes too...LOL! From opinionated old people to know nothing never suffered youngsters it's all the same ol shit. Just wait and watch this place implode when teh Matty stinks the joint up.

aturnis
08-06-2010, 11:17 PM
Teicher just does not like Haley at all. Doesn't like the fact that he's closed the media out, doesn't like that he's being mean to his friends(the players who game him all his scoops and drama headlines). Fuck that, he was pretty nasty with his questions during last years camp. I think he even asked if all the running was necessary once. Always came off as a whiny bitch.

DaneMcCloud
08-07-2010, 01:03 AM
KC media sucks now and has always sucked. 70's, 80's, 90's, 00's.

Regardless of team strengths, the local talking heads were always negative, whether it was Don Fortune, KK, Frank Boal or even Len Dawson.

According to the KC media, no one in professional sports, whether it be a coach or a player, can do ANYTHING right at anytime.

Let's keep in mind this is a media and city that ran Hank Stram and Whitey Herzog out of town.

Whitey really sucked after his days in KC.

:rolleyes:

Even Jack McKeon was a World Series ring!

LMAO

Douche Baggins
08-07-2010, 01:13 AM
I thought Whitlock, JoPo and Ivan Carter enjoyed a golden era of sorts from about 1998 to 2008.

The Fall of Marty, The Frustration of Vermeil, The Fall of Carl...it was all pretty well chronicled.

Sure-Oz
08-07-2010, 01:53 AM

http://twitter.com/NewSchoolSS You know you want to tweet his ass

kcfanXIII
08-07-2010, 03:13 AM
Posted via Mobile Device

during that two week stint the royals were playing decent ball before the allstar break, you would have thought shareef's show was a national show, because all he would talk about was lebron this, and lebron that. i bet he just couldn't make it in the larger markets on the coast, so he had to go to a smaller market like kc just to crack the daytime airwaves. he's still the worst sports talk personality on the air in kc. i'd rather listen to kietz rant from his soap box for 2 hours straight on a downtown stadium then 5 minutes of shareef's dribbel.

Messier
08-07-2010, 04:23 AM
KC media sucks now and has always sucked. 70's, 80's, 90's, 00's.

Regardless of team strengths, the local talking heads were always negative, whether it was Don Fortune, KK, Frank Boal or even Len Dawson.

According to the KC media, no one in professional sports, whether it be a coach or a player, can do ANYTHING right at anytime.

Let's keep in mind this is a media and city that ran Hank Stram and Whitey Herzog out of town.

Whitey really sucked after his days in KC.

:rolleyes:

Even Jack McKeon was a World Series ring!

LMAO

The local media seems to have some delusion of wanting to be seen as "tough" on the local teams, like that's what they think that's what New York and Boston sports media does. And then when they have on reporters or radio hosts from other markets, I think it's funny that they love everything their teams are doing.

But training camp reports are these long lists of everything they're concerned with. And when something positive might be happening, everyone needs to take a wait and see approach, because after all this is only training camp, and you can't really judge until the season starts.

T-post Tom
08-07-2010, 04:44 AM
I think that KC has had its bright spots in local sports media. JoPo is very talented and entertaining. He, like others here in KC, has gone on to get a national spotlight. His trophy case is full of bling. Len Dawson is a treasure. He's quite good at giving NFL analysis. Truly knows the game of football. EXTREMELY likeable. Insights like none other. Denny Matthews is another favorite. Very smart and talented man. Frank White and Paul Splittorf are great for the Royals. Love their efforts. Also, the radio talkshow guys do have a rough go of it. I know that I could never talk sports for 4+ hours and keep people interested. There's many other examples but I'm tired and going back to bed. Peace & happiness to everyone here.

notorious
08-07-2010, 08:48 AM
The local media seems to have some delusion of wanting to be seen as "tough" on the local teams, like that's what they think that's what New York and Boston sports media does.

They need to be tough on the local teams to create even more pressure. Demanding success is a good thing.

Where they are wrong is that they are way off on what they should be tough on. They should be attacking Cassel, Bowe, the safetys, and the linebackers. Carr being abused most of the season should be on their radar, too, even though we got little pressure on the QB to help him.

WilliamTheIrish
08-07-2010, 09:00 AM
The local media did NOT run Hank Stram or Whitey Herzog out of this town. That's completely false.

Whtey Herzog was canned because he felt betrayed by Joe Burke, and by association, EK. He wanted Burke to go sign a FA power hitting bat or a real closer to put them over the top. It was the only thing he ever asked for in his attempt to beat the Yankees.

Joe Burke and EK signed a FA though: Jerry F'ing Terrell. From the Twins. a utility infielder and nice guy that carried a bible everywhere. That's why Burke signed him.

The Yankees? They signed Reggie. And then Gossage. And had Sparky Lyle too.

This was Whitey's quote in the clubhouse in 1978 after they blew an 8th inning lead in game 3:

"They go out and sign Reggie Jackson, Sparky Lyle and Gossage," Herzog said. "And who do we sign? (Reserve infielder) Jerry Terrell. ... All we needed was Gossage and if we'd paid him $600,000, we could have had him but (the Royals' front office) wouldn't do it."

He won 85 games the next year and, finished 3 games out of first place to the Angels and got fired.

WilliamTheIrish
08-07-2010, 09:02 AM
As a kid I saved literally hundreds of newspaper articles and had them plastered all over my room. I wish I'd have saved some of them. Whitey was a character and had a ton of hilarious quotes.

Bill Lundberg
08-07-2010, 09:14 AM
My sarcasm meter is broken, so I'm not sure if you're serious. I hope not. An extended stay in prison probably isn't the best training ground for an NFL receiver. I'd have to go with T.O. on this one. (Did I type that? Ouch.)

I'm dead serious. My thoughts on Plaxico can be found here.

http://chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=6917261&postcount=16

Let me clarify. I know there's not a snowballs chance in hell of it happening. However, I think the guy is as talented as anyone in the league and I'd like to have him on my team. Did he screw up? Obviously, he shot himself in the effing leg. That being said, I think he got bent over by having to serve time. They wanted to make an example of him and he should have gotten a better attorney. In my opinion what he did isn't as bad as half the other degenerates** who manage to not only stay out of jail, but somehow stay on the field. I would be willing to bet that Plaxico stays out of trouble for the remainder of his career should he be lucky enough to still have one.

**Vick (did his time, still a f*ck up), Pacman Jones, Leonard Little, Donte Stallworth, Roethlisburger, Santonio Holmes, Larry Johnson, etc. etc. etc.

He's 4 years younger than Owens. I think he could step in and help right away. I don't even think he's a problem in the locker room. He just made a royal mistake and he's paid his time for it.

milkman
08-07-2010, 09:56 AM
He's 4 years younger than Owens. I think he could step in and help right away. I don't even think he's a problem in the locker room. He just made a royal mistake and he's paid his time for it.

Uh......He was suspended for a game by the Giants before the shooting incident because he was a locker room problem.

blaise
08-07-2010, 10:49 AM
I do think it's funny sometimes when some people at 610 claim Royals and Chiefs managers, coaches, or GMs should be fired for poor performance, when 610 regularly gets drubbed in the ratings.

T-post Tom
08-07-2010, 10:49 AM
I'm dead serious. My thoughts on Plaxico can be found here.

http://chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=6917261&postcount=16

Has a WR ever been completely out of football for this long and come back to play successfully in the NFL? I can't remember anyone, but maybe someone else does. I'm not sure about his character outside of the gun incident. But if I recall correctly, Pittsburgh grew tired of him and they did not part on good terms. You probably know more about that I can recall. Anyway, I doubt that Plax fits into the org's "profile".

milkman
08-07-2010, 11:26 AM
Has a WR ever been completely out of football for this long and come back to play successfully in the NFL? I can't remember anyone, but maybe someone else does. I'm not sure about his character outside of the gun incident. But if I recall correctly, Pittsburgh grew tired of him and they did not part on good terms. You probably know more about that I can recall. Anyway, I doubt that Plax fits into the org's "profile".

I'm quick to critisize when someone says something stupid, but don't let it be said I don't give props for good posts.

Both points here, the time away from the game, and the issues in Pittsburg, are very good points.

Both have to be considered when discussing Plax.

Kudos.

bevischief
08-07-2010, 11:41 AM
Can't help they keep coming back for more sugar coated paint chips...
Posted via Mobile Device

Sweet Daddy Hate
08-07-2010, 11:55 AM
They were I think #2 in PDs. Carr wasn't horrible by any means.

We also had Mike Brown and Jon McGraw at safeties. There's no way in hell we're going to have a top pass defense with those two. Add in the terrible pass rush and...

Let us never forget.

Teh suck.

You can get the same results reading here sometimes too...LOL! From opinionated old people to know nothing never suffered youngsters it's all the same ol shit. Just wait and watch this place implode when teh Matty stinks the joint up.

If he flames, I hope its hard enough to produce an Epic Pioli Facepalm For Teh Ages, and most importnt of all:

A Round One Quarterback.

And the KC media are ANYTHING but east coat tough. Those KC softball-lobbers would't even know where the fuck to BEGIN in that realm.