PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Beat Dead Horse: Anyone else search Internets for TC updates?

wutamess
08-06-2010, 09:49 AM
That's how bad it's gotten for me. Go to the TC thread and you don't know if there are TC updates just useless babble and opinions.

Is there not a site like the River Falls site I can look up daily updates?
I've been going to APride's site to get updates instead.

Which is something I NEVER have done.
Anyone else feel this site is lacking because of the consolidation?

Tribal Warfare
08-06-2010, 09:54 AM
That's how bad it's gotten for me. Go to the TC thread and you don't know if there are TC updates just useless babble and opinions.

Is there not a site like the River Falls site I can look up daily updates?
I've been going to APride's site to get updates instead.

Which is something I NEVER have done.
Anyone else feel this site is lacking because of the consolidation?

I post TC updates all the time in the "official TC thread"

Crush
08-06-2010, 09:57 AM
Just switch to 80 posts per page and keep scrolling until you see relevant info.

wutamess
08-06-2010, 10:00 AM
I'm at 40 and it sucks scrolling one page at a time for MAYBE 1 update.

wutamess
08-06-2010, 10:01 AM
Maybe we should un sticky the damn thread.
It'd then inspire guys to start their own thread updates.
The front page is full of BS!

Tribal Warfare
08-06-2010, 10:02 AM
I'm at 40 and it sucks scrolling one page at a time for MAYBE 1 update.

set your forum to 80 posts

jspchief
08-06-2010, 11:05 AM
I've said this numerous times... these monster sticky threads are a garbage dump. This happens every year with free agency and training camp.

I'd love to see a daily sticky during TC. It stays sticky'd for something like 36 hours, then gets cut loose. Clear title as to the day it refers to, and clearly stating; relevant posts only.

Then if you want to have a monster TC thread full of mindless banter, don't sticky it, let the activity/interest keep it on the front page.

mrbiggz
08-06-2010, 11:10 AM
I agree, the sticky is some bullshit.

ChiefaRoo
08-06-2010, 11:10 AM
If I read about how they need to move Lilja to LG and Waters to Center one more time I'm going to shoot some m'fkrs.

KCUnited
08-06-2010, 11:12 AM
I think if this Moeaki kid can stay healthy, we may be able to do some things with our TE's.

TrebMaxx
08-06-2010, 11:12 AM
The sticky TC thread sucks balls.

Crush
08-06-2010, 12:26 PM
Also install the AutoPager addon for Firefox/Chrome. AutoPager + 80 PPP = Good CP experience.

Brock
08-06-2010, 12:45 PM
set your forum to 80 posts

You still have to read a bunch of shit in between meaningful information. It sucks.

jspchief
08-06-2010, 12:46 PM
It's not really about how many pages, or posts per. It's how about how much shit you have to wade through to find relevant info.

WildTurkey
08-06-2010, 01:05 PM
If I read about how they need to move Lilja to LG and Waters to Center one more time I'm going to shoot some m'fkrs.

This

Pants
08-06-2010, 01:06 PM
I've said this numerous times... these monster sticky threads are a garbage dump. This happens every year with free agency and training camp.

I'd love to see a daily sticky during TC. It stays sticky'd for something like 36 hours, then gets cut loose. Clear title as to the day it refers to, and clearly stating; relevant posts only.

Then if you want to have a monster TC thread full of mindless banter, don't sticky it, let the activity/interest keep it on the front page.

This is a great idea, IMO.

ElGringo
08-06-2010, 01:49 PM
I quit reading that page all together, and am hoping if anything actually important comes up it will be posted separately, I may be way behind on what is going on because of this, but is a better use of my time.

MOhillbilly
08-06-2010, 02:09 PM
do not like.

the Talking Can
08-06-2010, 03:36 PM

what's keeping you or anyone from posting such threads? or any articles you want?

wutamess
08-06-2010, 03:52 PM
what's keeping you or anyone from posting such threads? or any articles you want?

We don't know where to fuggin look!

wutamess
08-06-2010, 03:55 PM

Furthermore, I was inside my head wandering and it occured to me, why should you give a shit about your question?

Then it donned on me that you may have an exclusive interest in the TC thread. Then I hit back real quick and see that you're the thread starter for the TC thread.

Seems that someone's an attention whore. :rolleyes:

Tribal Warfare
08-06-2010, 03:57 PM
Furthermore, I was inside my head wandering and it occured to me, why should you give a shit about your question?

Then it donned on me that you may have an exclusive interest in the TC thread. Then I hit back real quick and see that you're the thread starter for the TC thread.

check now I just posted a TC report in the "official" thread

the Talking Can
08-06-2010, 04:01 PM

no, I asked a simple question....

what's keeping you or anyone from posting a thread?

other people post football threads outside of the training camp thread, I've posted in them.....I'm trying to figure out how you became a victim

jspchief
08-06-2010, 05:03 PM
what's keeping you or anyone from posting such threads? or any articles you want?Nothing's keeping me from posting such threads, besides maybe a general lack of ambition. But without cooperation from admins, it's not like a daily thread would get sticky'd/unsticky'd like mentioned in my first post. Even more likely, it would be met with flames about repost and there already being a TC thread.

Anyway, just a suggestion. The TC and FA stickys have always been an abomination imo, and I was just offering up an idea to streamline access to the info.

the Talking Can
08-06-2010, 05:31 PM
Nothing's keeping me from posting such threads, besides maybe a general lack of ambition. But without cooperation from admins, it's not like a daily thread would get sticky'd/unsticky'd like mentioned in my first post. Even more likely, it would be met with flames about repost and there already being a TC thread.

Anyway, just a suggestion. The TC and FA stickys have always been an abomination imo, and I was just offering up an idea to streamline access to the info.

i've never understood what's hard about reading a thread....the fact that it is 20 posts or 120 makes no difference....

and the only point of the 'official' thread is to aggregate resources for information about camp...sort of a 'persistant url' for Chiefs info....one click and you have a range of links to provide you...

and there are football threads all over the board and no one is shouting them down with cries of 'repost'....