PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Jarrad Page's Agent Slams Chiefs In E-Mail‏

blazzin311
08-06-2010, 01:28 PM
Just got this email from 610 sports. Don't think it's a repost as far as I know.
Found it interesting anyways. A few things in there I wasn't aware of regarding the Jarrad Page situation. Something here tells me he won't be a Chief much longer.

BREAKING NEWS: Jarrad Page's Agent Slams Chiefs in E-Mail 610 Sports Radio has learned of NEW details on Safety Jarrad Page's holdout with the Chiefs. In an e-mail sent exclusively to 610's Nick Wright, John Page, the agent of Jarrad Page, released this statement: "Jarrad Page requested to be traded away from Kansas City after the third Pre-Season game last year (vs. Seattle Seahawks). We requested a trade again this year on 6/17/2010 for the second time. Beginning in the Pre-Season and continuing all year, Coach Todd Haley mishandled Jarrad last season causing him to end up on IR. (Jarrad never missed a game in his NFL career prior to last season). There has been interest for Jarrad and the Chiefs are blocking legitimate trades. There's been plenty of time to get a trade done and at this point, in our opinion, it's clear that the Chiefs are being Vindictive. Front Page Sports Management called Chiefs Front Office on Monday, 7/26/2010 before Training Camp began, to discuss "trade request". Call was returned by member of Front Office who has been involved in Jarrad's negotiations who claimed, "he didn't know anything about a trade request and had never heard of it". Two subsequent calls made later on the same day to the GM have not been returned to this date. Jarrad no longer has a residence in Missouri or Kansas and has moved to California."

salame
08-06-2010, 01:30 PM
what a doucher

gblowfish
Off to Detroit for a fifth rounder. That's my prediction. Good news for the rookie DBs.

KurtCobain
I don't get it... he sucks..

Pestilence
Just got this email from 610 sports. Don't think it's a repost as far as I know.
Found it interesting anyways. A few things in there I wasn't aware of regarding the Jarrad Page situation. Something here tells me he won't be a Chief much longer.

BREAKING NEWS: Jarrad Page's Agent Slams Chiefs in E-Mail 610 Sports Radio has learned of NEW details on Safety Jarrad Page's holdout with the Chiefs. In an e-mail sent exclusively to 610's Nick Wright, John Page, the agent of Jarrad Page, released this statement: "Jarrad Page requested to be traded away from Kansas City after the third Pre-Season game last year (vs. Seattle Seahawks). We requested a trade again this year on 6/17/2010 for the second time. Beginning in the Pre-Season and continuing all year, Coach Todd Haley mishandled Jarrad last season causing him to end up on IR. (Jarrad never missed a game in his NFL career prior to last season). There has been interest for Jarrad and the Chiefs are blocking legitimate trades. There's been plenty of time to get a trade done and at this point, in our opinion, it's clear that the Chiefs are being Vindictive. Front Page Sports Management called Chiefs Front Office on Monday, 7/26/2010 before Training Camp began, to discuss "trade request". Call was returned by member of Front Office who has been involved in Jarrad's negotiations who claimed, "he didn't know anything about a trade request and had never heard of it". Two subsequent calls made later on the same day to the GM have not been returned to this date. Jarrad no longer has a residence in Missouri or Kansas and has moved to California."

Was he teaching him how to box and he fell off of the bed? WTF does mishandling him mean?

Just Passin' By
08-06-2010, 01:31 PM
There has been interest for Jarrad and the Chiefs are blocking legitimate trades.

Does Page have permission to seek a trade, or are we seeing an agent admit to there being tampering?

blazzin311
08-06-2010, 01:31 PM
Off to Detroit for a fifth rounder. That's my prediction. Good news for the rookie DBs.

Something like that would be my guess as well. It was the logical choice for him before with Gunther being there an all. Now it's even more the logical choice with this email getting out and their safety Delmas getting injured. It just makes sense at this point.

KCUnited
08-06-2010, 01:32 PM
Guy can't even take a good angle on requesting a trade.

CaliforniaChief
08-06-2010, 01:32 PM
Gotta love the end. "He has moved to California." So now let's trade the little whiner to the Jags.

He's an example to all players to make "trade requests."

CaliforniaChief
08-06-2010, 01:33 PM
Was he teaching him how to box and he fell off of the bed? WTF does mishandling him mean?

Mishandling: Not being Herm Edwards.

blazzin311
08-06-2010, 01:34 PM
Screw it, trade him to the Rams, so he's still in MO. See how he likes it then. ROFL

Consistent1
08-06-2010, 01:37 PM
Well, if there is any truth to them having chances to trade him for ANYTHING, then it is stupid on the Chiefs part to not do so. He will never play here again.

The Bad Guy
08-06-2010, 01:38 PM
The day I care about when an average safety in the NFL cries about not getting his wish to be traded, is the day I stop following sports.

blaise
08-06-2010, 01:38 PM
Dear Jarrad. Shut up.

Chan93lx50
08-06-2010, 01:39 PM
Good luck playing another down of football Mr. Page. Fucking Baby

tomahawk kid
08-06-2010, 01:41 PM
His agent has the grammer skills of a 3rd grader.

The Bad Guy
08-06-2010, 01:43 PM
His agent has the grammer skills of a 3rd grader.

I bet his agent is his father.

Mr. Laz
08-06-2010, 01:44 PM
*clicks the unfollow button for JarragPage44*

KCUnited
I bet his agent is his father.
I believe its an uncle.

His value will be maximized once preseason games start and somebody goes down, I'd wait as long as possible if I were KC.

booger
its his brother

blaise
08-06-2010, 01:45 PM
Oh no, what will they do with him. Please come back from California. We are very afraid you will miss some of the few NFL game checks you actually have left to cash before you live the rest of your life as an insurance salesman.

-King-
08-06-2010, 01:46 PM
Wow...his agent/brother is on 610 now... Sounds like a fucking dumb fuck.

CHENZ A!
08-06-2010, 01:46 PM
That's why you don't hire family for your agent, this guy is obviously a total amateur, and feeding Jarrad bad advice. Page isn't that good anyway but I'd keep him just to show other players what happens when you get too big for your britches.
Posted via Mobile Device

Goldmember
08-06-2010, 01:49 PM
Wonder what Page and Pollard did to get on Haley's bad side...guess they weren't part of the right 53

blaise
08-06-2010, 01:50 PM
I bet the Chiefs laugh at Page's brother.

CaliforniaChief
08-06-2010, 01:52 PM
That's why you don't hire family for your agent, this guy is obviously a total amateur, and feeding Jarrad bad advice. Page isn't that good anyway but I'd keep him just to show other players what happens when you get too big for your britches.
Posted via Mobile Device

Well said.

Mojo Jojo
08-06-2010, 01:52 PM
Funny thing is...if this were Carl and a player all you posters would say Carl is the ass.
Grow up posters...this is a business from both sides...being a fan just means to teams you are dumb enough to spend money on the product.

blaise
08-06-2010, 01:54 PM
Funny thing is...if this were Carl and a player all you posters would say Carl is the ass.
Grow up posters...this is a business from both sides...being a fan just means to teams you are dumb enough to spend money on the product.

What do you want people to say. It's a story, people comment on it.

Detoxing
08-06-2010, 01:57 PM
I heard this on NFL network last night. They snuck it in between all the Favre dick gargling.

Michael Lombardi said something like Page thought they had mishandled his injury.

CaliforniaChief
08-06-2010, 01:58 PM
John Page: Look at Kerry Rhodes and his value. He has a big time contract, so wait a minute...let me divert a little and *reads paper* thank the fans for supporting the Chiefs, supporting Jarrad Page, and being great. It's a business and time to move on.

What and idiot.

Sure-Oz
08-06-2010, 01:59 PM
Doesn't page have a twitter? i think i have him on my 'twitter friends' but cant remember and cant check here

Dayze
08-06-2010, 02:01 PM
KC is the only place where he has a chance to start, IMO.

unless another team has an injury etc;

eitherway, it's in the Chiefs interests to keep him until another team is in the market for a safety due to injury; which would inflate the compensation we would receive IMO.

jbwm89
08-06-2010, 02:07 PM
how long could we keep page and not play him or give him a new contract? Just let him rot somewhere

Brock
08-06-2010, 02:10 PM
Doesn't page have a twitter? i think i have him on my 'twitter friends' but cant remember and cant check here

http://twitter.com/JarradPage44

If this really is him, he's a freaking moron.

Detoxing
08-06-2010, 02:10 PM
Sounds like Haley really wounded his vagina.

BUT....at the same time, trying to intimidate your players to play injured isn't cool either.

Goldmember
08-06-2010, 02:15 PM

What do you expect? He grew up a Raidersfan

OnTheWarpath58
08-06-2010, 02:15 PM
Shocking that everyone here is taking the Chiefs side in this.

The team isn't going to play him, even if he signs his tender - so they look pretty fucking stupid making him sit and rot. Any compensation is better than nothing.

Get a deal done and end the drama.

gblowfish
08-06-2010, 02:24 PM
Maybe they want to hold onto him, so they don't find themselves in another Bernard Pollard dilemma. Remember, we were down to Mike Brown and Jon McGraw at safety last year. Ugly....very ugly.

Sweet Daddy Hate
08-06-2010, 02:25 PM

I don't get it... he sucks..

ROFL THESE!

This asshole's greatest claim to fame last year was a costly fucking penalty.
Fuck this guy!

OnTheWarpath58
08-06-2010, 02:29 PM
Maybe they want to hold onto him, so they don't find themselves in another Bernard Pollard dilemma. Remember, we were down to Mike Brown and Jon McGraw at safety last year. Ugly....very ugly.

If that were the case, he would have already signed his tender and be starting for this team. If they don't want to be in that position, they shouldn't be shipping out talented players.

He's easily the 2nd best safety on the roster, though people piss and moan about him. 10 INT's and 4 FF's in his first 3 years. Not shabby at all.

Hell, people piss and moan about Carr too.

Flowers/Carr/Berry/Page would be a ridiculously good secondary for a decade or more.

the Talking Can
08-06-2010, 02:30 PM
how in the fug does a coach cause an nfl player to get injured?

tomahawk kid
08-06-2010, 02:31 PM
The Chiefs are treating my brother in an unpossible mannerisms.

OnTheWarpath58
08-06-2010, 02:31 PM
how in the fug does a coach cause an nfl player to get injured?

I think he's claiming that he was forced to play while injured, making the injury worse.

At least that's what I'm getting from it.

Iowanian
08-06-2010, 02:32 PM
F J Page.

F him in the goat ass.

At this point, It doesn't bother me a bit if the Chiefs keep all of that bitch ass' money and keep him out of the league for a year....and he's risking no pay next year if they have a lockout.

F Jarrod Page. I hope he breaks his knee on a banana peel.

Iowanian
08-06-2010, 02:36 PM
eat a bag of dicks.

Page is under contract with the Chiefs. He already agreed to the "business". When he agreed to sign that contract, he agreed to play for the Chiefs for the duration of that contract. He and his agent have zero(O) right to contact any other team about potential trades unless the Chiefs management allows it.

I hope the Chiefs demote his ass to YMCA custodial staff, where he'll probably end up in 3 years anyway.

the Talking Can
08-06-2010, 02:37 PM
I think he's claiming that he was forced to play while injured, making the injury worse.

At least that's what I'm getting from it.

which happens to every player on every team every day

Detoxing
08-06-2010, 02:40 PM
eat a bag of dicks.

Page is under contract with the Chiefs. He already agreed to the "business". When he agreed to sign that contract, he agreed to play for the Chiefs for the duration of that contract. He and his agent have zero(O) right to contact any other team about potential trades unless the Chiefs management allows it.

I hope the Chiefs demote his ass to YMCA custodial staff, where he'll probably end up in 3 years anyway.

Except he's not under contract.

alpha_omega
08-06-2010, 02:40 PM
Jarrad, you should have played baseball when you had the chance.

Iowanian
08-06-2010, 02:41 PM
He's been offered at tender and the Chiefs still own his rights.

He asked for a trade last pre-season when he had a contract...

F him.

Sweet Daddy Hate
08-06-2010, 02:43 PM
If that were the case, he would have already signed his tender and be starting for this team. If they don't want to be in that position, they shouldn't be shipping out talented players.

He's easily the 2nd best safety on the roster, though people piss and moan about him. 10 INT's and 4 FF's in his first 3 years. Not shabby at all.

Hell, people piss and moan about Carr too.

Flowers/Carr/Berry/Page would be a ridiculously good secondary for a decade or more.

Ridiculously good? Come on man.

OnTheWarpath58
08-06-2010, 02:47 PM
For the record, I'm completely fine with the Chiefs saying "fuck you" to Page.

Provided that "fuck you" mans trading him and getting something for him.

It does the organization no good whatsoever to keep him, not play him, and get no compensation for him when they could have. Draft picks are currency, and this franchise needs all the currency they can get their hands on.

Being spiteful and trying to prove a point only hurts the team. Any draft pick we get in return is a potential contributor in the future. The Chiefs aren't going to play Page, he has no future here.

Ship him, get a pick and end the drama. It's the best for everyone involved.

OnTheWarpath58
08-06-2010, 02:48 PM
Ridiculously good? Come on man.

Easily a Top 10 secondary. Potentially higher.

OnTheWarpath58
08-06-2010, 02:50 PM
which happens to every player on every team every day

This is where we part ways.

There's a difference between hurt and injured.

Players play hurt every week.

Injured players play only in desperate situations. Dwight Freeney in the SB, for example.

DaneMcCloud
08-06-2010, 02:53 PM

It's him.

There's interaction with Brandon Carr and Marcedes Lewis.

And yes, he appears to be quite the dumbass.

KCtotheSB
08-06-2010, 03:12 PM
Well, there's one team that's happy Jarrad Page is on his way out the door: the Oakland Raiders.

OnTheWarpath58
08-06-2010, 03:17 PM
Well, there's one team that's happy Jarrad Page is on his way out the door: the Oakland Raiders.

He's picked off Peyton Manning twice in two games against him as well.

5 of his 10 career INT's are against Indy and Oakland.

HemiEd
08-06-2010, 03:18 PM
Wow...his agent/brother is on 610 now... Sounds like a ****ing dumb ****.

For some reason this reminds me of Jarred Allen's agent, and his tactics.

mcaj22
08-06-2010, 03:27 PM
Kendrick Lewis hasn't even played an NFL down for us yet and I can already happily say he's better/an upgrade over this shitter

Mecca
08-06-2010, 03:29 PM
Let's see, the Chiefs don't like him, he doesn't like the Chiefs, he wants to be traded....what's the fuckin problem?

Is this going to turn into another one of those "lets fuck ourselves to prove a point" things?

Molitoth
08-06-2010, 03:29 PM
K Factor Might be Page's Xbox 360 screenname.

Hydrae
08-06-2010, 03:31 PM
If the Chiefs were truely being vindictive the place to complain is to the NFLPA, not a local radio station.

OnTheWarpath58
08-06-2010, 03:31 PM
Let's see, the Chiefs don't like him, he doesn't like the Chiefs, he wants to be traded....what's the fuckin problem?

Is this going to turn into another one of those "lets fuck ourselves to prove a point" things?

Looks like it.

Mecca
08-06-2010, 03:35 PM
Hell for all we know he could be right in the situation. If he feels he was intimidated into playing with a legit injury which made it worse I could see why he'd be like fuck those guys I'm not playing for them again.

kstater
08-06-2010, 03:38 PM

It does the organization no good whatsoever to keep him, not play him, and get no compensation for him when they could have. Draft picks are currency, and this franchise needs all the currency they can get their hands on.

Being spiteful and trying to prove a point only hurts the team. Any draft pick we get in return is a potential contributor in the future. The Chiefs aren't going to play Page, he has no future here.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but they offered him a tendered contract and it's up to him whether he wants to sign it?

OnTheWarpath58
08-06-2010, 03:39 PM
Hell for all we know he could be right in the situation. If he feels he was intimidated into playing with a legit injury which made it worse I could see why he'd be like fuck those guys I'm not playing for them again.

It's impossible that the Chiefs could be at fault here.

Mecca
08-06-2010, 03:40 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but they offered him a tendered contract and it's up to him whether he wants to sign it?

But if his claim is true why would he want to play for people that he feels handled him negligently?

OnTheWarpath58
08-06-2010, 03:43 PM

And why would he sign it?

According to him, they forced him to play while injured, and it landed him on IR.

That's fucking with a man's career.

And even if he signed, he's just going to rot in Haley's doghouse. Why stick around and have your career torched by an egomaniac?

A trade is best for both parties. I don't see how that statement is even debatable.

Keeping him is not in the best interest of either party, a trade benefits everyone involved.

It would be stupid for the Chiefs to hold a guy hostage that they have no intentions of playing, when they could get compensation for him.

End the drama, deal him, and get back to the business of playing football. It's a distraction this team doesn't need, and Pioli is dragging it out.

Mecca
08-06-2010, 03:44 PM
If the Chiefs keep him in this situation there isn't another word to use than to say the team is being vindictive to prove some point that isn't there.

Detoxing
08-06-2010, 03:47 PM
I'm believing Page's story. Look at Brandon Flowers and Jamal Charles last year. Both played through injury and had to have surgery in the offseason.

And we all know Haley berates....so...siding with Page here. I hope Haley doesn't cost us any more players though.

CHENZ A!
08-06-2010, 04:46 PM
If the Chiefs keep him in this situation there isn't another word to use than to say the team is being vindictive to prove some point that isn't there.

The point is you can't just request to be traded and expect it to happen.
Posted via Mobile Device

DA_T_84
08-06-2010, 04:47 PM
anyone elses page numbers on the main page go backwards for this thread????

(54321)) is what it shows next to the thread. Weird.

Just Passin' By
08-06-2010, 04:54 PM

If they'd traded him, you'd be bitching about how they gave in to a player's demands when they shouldn't have.

DA_T_84
08-06-2010, 04:55 PM
anyone elses page numbers on the main page go backwards for this thread????

(54321)) is what it shows next to the thread. Weird.

ummm

I meant ( 5 4 3 2 1 )

not the crazy guy.

Marcellus
08-06-2010, 05:02 PM

According to him, they forced him to play while injured, and it landed him on IR.

That's ****ing with a man's career.

And even if he signed, he's just going to rot in Haley's doghouse. Why stick around and have your career torched by an egomaniac?

A trade is best for both parties. I don't see how that statement is even debatable.

Keeping him is not in the best interest of either party, a trade benefits everyone involved.

It would be stupid for the Chiefs to hold a guy hostage that they have no intentions of playing, when they could get compensation for him.

End the drama, deal him, and get back to the business of playing football. It's a distraction this team doesn't need, and Pioli is dragging it out.

OTWP what do you do for a living? What happened in your past to make you so anti management?

Marcellus
08-06-2010, 05:02 PM
If they'd traded him, you'd be bitching about how they gave in to a player's demands when they shouldn't have.

Yea.

OnTheWarpath58
08-06-2010, 05:05 PM

Show me one post of his, or any other poster in this "group" you all have created that has ever bitched that the team caved to a player's demands.

OnTheWarpath58
08-06-2010, 05:07 PM
OTWP what do you do for a living? What happened in your past to make you so anti management?

Anti-management?

You attending the "Sauto School of Dimestore Psychology?"

I'm anti-treating grown men like children over petty bullshit.

Play the kid, or trade the kid. But don't fuck with his career just because you can.

onwardthruthefog
08-06-2010, 05:10 PM

he has a small penis. he will always be an angry/bitter little man.

Marcellus
08-06-2010, 05:12 PM
Anti-management?

Play the kid, or trade the kid. But don't **** with his career just because you can.

I was being serious. What do you do for a living? I don't know about you being antimanagment but I know you pick apart every fucking thing you can about KC's management and talk about how they should handle this and do that bla,bla,bla.

What is your experience in managing and motivating people?

It's an honest question asking for an honest answer.

penchief
08-06-2010, 05:30 PM
Anti-management?

Play the kid, or trade the kid. But don't **** with his career just because you can.

You're making assumptions. Just like a lot of people made assumptions about the Brian Waters flap. You're only hearing one side of the story. Seems like Page is the one who is making a stink. Won't sign his tender and publicly demanding a trade. Then because he isn't getting his way his brother bad-mouths the front office and portrays Page as a victim. Sound familiar?

Meanwhile, Pioli and Haley aren't doing anything that every other team hasn't done. they're holding onto their asset until it is beneficial to parlay it into something of equal or greater value. And throughout the entire process they haven't once spoken or behaved unprofessionally.

I think they are doing a hell of a job changing the culture and attitude of this team. And they are doing it without publicly stepping on toes the way others in the business have done. Yet some want to continue painting them as disrespectful assholes. I haven't seen much, if any, evidence that would suggest that is true.

veist
08-06-2010, 05:33 PM
I can understand Page wanting out for whatever reason but he has zero leverage in this situation to demand a trade. Both sides aren't handling this thing very well though because there is no point keeping a guy around that is going to be a distraction like this if he does ever show up.

Goldmember
08-06-2010, 05:39 PM
The point is you can't just request to be traded and expect it to happen.
Posted via Mobile Device

Why not, I thought they only want players that buy into the system and WANT to be a Chief. If they don't want to be there, get rid of them. They'll just be a cancer, like Larry.

Marcellus
08-06-2010, 05:43 PM
Why not, I thought they only want players that buy into the system and WANT to be a Chief. If they don't want to be there, get rid of them. They'll just be a cancer, like Larry.

How can you be a cancer if you are in California instead of with your team.

Had he signed his tender, showed up and worked and been professional about it he would likely have been traded by now.

He is trying to make a point by not showing up and refusing to do anything, why is it wrong for KC to counter that point by not just giving in?

crazycoffey
08-06-2010, 05:52 PM
Does Page have permission to seek a trade, or are we seeing an agent admit to there being tampering?

I had the same thought as I read it.

BigRock
08-06-2010, 05:54 PM
What's the injury that Page is saying he was forced to play through?

He's blaming the team for him going on IR, but he reportedly went on IR for a calf injury that he suffered in practice the week they IR'd him. His brother's talking like he was injured in the preseason, but if Page had an ongoing leg injury, you'd think it would have been noticable for someone at his position.

During the Dallas game, I believe, Page separated his shoulder. He was out for two weeks because of that, then never came back because he went on IR for the calf thing. So he wasn't playing on the bad shoulder after the Dallas game.

If he injured his shoulder in preseason and kept playing on it before injuring it worse against Dallas, a shoulder injury probably wouldn't be noticable from watching him. So that seems more likely. But it's not because of the shoulder that he went on IR, so this doesn't seem to be what they're talking about.

Either way, as far as I can tell he wasn't listed on the injury reports and didn't miss practice until the Dallas injury. So who knows.

Hydrae
08-06-2010, 05:54 PM
ummm

I meant ( 5 4 3 2 1 )

not the crazy guy.

Yeah, that is weird.

Count Zarth
08-06-2010, 06:20 PM
Pioli looks like an ass over this.

Marcellus
08-06-2010, 06:24 PM
Pioli looks like an ass over this.

To who? A few people here? Why is Page not being an ass?

Von Dumbass
08-06-2010, 06:30 PM
Haley is destroying this franchise. Best offseason evar! ROFL

Mecca
08-06-2010, 06:31 PM
I see Just Passin By is making an argument that isn't there,

I could give 2 shits about Jarrad Page, when guys who you've decided aren't part of your future aren't happy about how they're being treated how about you do the logical thing and get rid of them before they become a problem?

I also care how it looks around the league, the last thing you want is the players thinking your team treats its players like shit, good luck signing guys, not that the Chiefs seem interested in spending FA money anyway.

Count Zarth
08-06-2010, 06:35 PM
To who? A few people here? Why is Page not being an ass?

The franchise has treated Page like shit since Pioli took over. It's not difficult to see what's going on.

WilliamTheIrish
08-06-2010, 06:38 PM
Hell for all we know he could be right in the situation. If he feels he was intimidated into playing with a legit injury which made it worse I could see why he'd be like **** those guys I'm not playing for them again.

And if that were truly the case he's be filing a grievance with the NFLPA. His representation is horrible.

Marcellus
08-06-2010, 06:41 PM
The franchise has treated Page like shit since Pioli took over. It's not difficult to see what's going on.

I don't see that, and if he has gotten himself in the doghouse why do you suppose that is? Just for fun? They randomly pick a player to fuck with because they have spare time for that kind of shit?

WilliamTheIrish
08-06-2010, 06:44 PM
Also, it may best to hold into him for a few weeks. Teams that lose players at that position in preseason may be willing to part with more/a better pick if they are a little desperate.

Just a thought.

OnTheWarpath58
08-06-2010, 06:55 PM
I was being serious. What do you do for a living? I don't know about you being antimanagment but I know you pick apart every fucking thing you can about KC's management and talk about how they should handle this and do that bla,bla,bla.

What is your experience in managing and motivating people?

It's an honest question asking for an honest answer.

For one, I don't pick apart everything. I've praised the hiring of Weis. I've praised the selection of Berry and Asomoah. I've praised Pioli for getting everyone into camp on time.

But all that goes unnoticed.

To answer your question, I led a team of 25 corporate travel agents and 10 rewards package salespeople.

The company I worked for was bought out, I was let go for a cheaper and younger replacement.

Since that happened, I've been working towards my degree in Secondary Education with an emphasis in Psychology.

Now that's out of the way, I fail to see what it has to do with me thinking that the Chiefs are being petty and vindictive here.

What benefit is there to keeping him, not playing him, and getting nothing for him?

penchief
08-06-2010, 07:03 PM
Now that's out of the way, I fail to see what it has to do with me thinking that the Chiefs are being petty and vindictive here.

IMO, you are buying into and perpetuating the unsupported narrative that Pioli and Haley are petty and vindictive without any evidence. Only the complaints of those who are unhappy or unable to force the team's hand into giving them what they want.

In this case, Pioli and Haley have done nothing that most other teams wouldn't do. It has been Page who has whined like a bitch and then tried to discredit Pioli and Haley by playing the victim card. Page is the one acting petty and vindictive, IMO. Pioli and Haley have kept their mouths shut and have been focused on taking care of business.

JASONSAUTO
08-06-2010, 07:09 PM

That's fucking with a man's career.

link to where he says haley made him play injured?

assumption again.
why would they also say he had never missed a game before?

that seems to me that maybe he ended up on ir for reasons other than a legit injury.
Posted via Mobile Device

JASONSAUTO
08-06-2010, 07:13 PM
alsl why did he ask for a trade prior to being injured? (preseason) maybe thats when they knew he wasnt buying in and after that fuck him.
Posted via Mobile Device

Just Passin' By
08-06-2010, 07:16 PM

I could give 2 shits about Jarrad Page, when guys who you've decided aren't part of your future aren't happy about how they're being treated how about you do the logical thing and get rid of them before they become a problem?

I also care how it looks around the league, the last thing you want is the players thinking your team treats its players like shit, good luck signing guys, not that the Chiefs seem interested in spending FA money anyway.

1.) The argument is there. You, and a select few others, bitch about pretty much every move the team makes.

2.) In case you didn't bother looking this season, teams are taking a lot of hard lines against players.

3.) Helping to make my point is that last sentence of yours. You couldn't even get your whole post out without making a crack about the Chiefs.

wazu
08-06-2010, 07:19 PM
I really hope the Chiefs refuse to trade him. I really doubt we'd draft anything all that great with the garbage pick somebody would give us, and it would be great to see this whole thing blow up in Page's face.

Fruit Ninja
08-06-2010, 07:28 PM
I really hope the Chiefs refuse to trade him. I really doubt we'd draft anything all that great with the garbage pick somebody would give us, and it would be great to see this whole thing blow up in Page's face.

I am with this. Let his ass sit out. If he was a man, he would have refused to play when he was supposedly hurt. If you dont think you can play, dont fucking play. I am sure they didnt put a gun to his head and say play bitch.

Imo, this is all his fault. Chiefs imo are doing nothing wrong, they wanted to keep him regardless if people see it or not, they gave him an offer sheet to pay him alot of money, kid is still young, get over it.

Marcellus
08-06-2010, 07:38 PM
For one, I don't pick apart everything. I've praised the hiring of Weis. I've praised the selection of Berry and Asomoah. I've praised Pioli for getting everyone into camp on time.

But all that goes unnoticed.

To answer your question, I led a team of 25 corporate travel agents and 10 rewards package salespeople.

The company I worked for was bought out, I was let go for a cheaper and younger replacement.

Since that happened, I've been working towards my degree in Secondary Education with an emphasis in Psychology.

What benefit is there to keeping him, not playing him, and getting nothing for him?

My question stemmed from comments in this thread as well as the DJ thread.

You claim DJ wasn't handled correctly, I disagree. You have an under performing employee you don't give them prime opportunities and the best jobs. You make them earn the trust back. It's called accountability.

Speaking from my experience nothing is more frustrating than a guy who has all the skills and knowledge but doesn't focus or work to put them to use. I would rather struggle with a less talented guy who is busting his ass than struggle with a guy giving 60% effort.

With Page as far as vindictive I don't see it, they just expect him to come in and sign his tender then they will talk. It's not a distraction to anyone but the people here. Who is talking about it really? Is this something new in football, no it happens on occasion. All he had to do was show up and make an effort and he would either be competing for a job or working on a trade. It works both ways not just the way the player wants it to go.
He is a disgruntled employee, you wouldn't cave to every disgruntled employee.

In the end he will be gone and as William stated, he will be worth more when someone gets hurt and a team needs a player, say Detroit for example.

It's much to do about nothing as far as KC is concerned and how their season will unfold. It has nothing to do with this year.

Yea you have complimented some of the moves made.

Bwana
08-06-2010, 08:12 PM
Dear page, go play on the railroad tracks.

XOXOXOXO

The KC Fans

Count Zarth
08-06-2010, 08:30 PM
Pretty amazed at how people side with Pioli and Haley without a second thought.

Page has always been a guy who behaved and did things the right way. He's not going to react like this unless he was truly wronged.

And yet some of you are acting as if he's Larry Johnson.

CHENZ A!
08-06-2010, 08:46 PM

Page has always been a guy who behaved and did things the right way. He's not going to react like this unless he was truly wronged.

Yeah, and everyone else is acting as if there are or were trade offers on the table, when nobody really even knows. Also people are acting on the assumption that we didn't or don't want him back.. Wasn't he a starter for us prior to his injury? Does starting qualify as the "doghouse" now? I don't get it.
Posted via Mobile Device

BossChief
08-06-2010, 08:47 PM

first off, if they are gonna trade him they should wait till his value is at its highest point, not just ship him out for a lowball offer because of little interest. Second, there is a long term point to be made to players coming in..."once we sign you, you are ours" this is the way of the NFL. If they just traded every player that requested it, for whatever the reason, it would eliminate the solid foundation they are trying to build. Its VERY telling that Page is the ONLY player not there at camp, and the only player that wasn't there all offseason that wasn't injured.

The players are buying into this deal like NEVER BEFORE IN MY LIFE and Im fine with however they decide to treat a player that "wants out" so that the precedent is set for future negotiations.

Its all about motivating players to be better than they think they can be, mentally, and I think they are doing a damn good job of doing so, but as I always say...

time will tell

You not seeing the point that is trying to be made is telling just a bit, dont ya think?

Chiefaholic
08-06-2010, 08:52 PM
Wonder what Page and Pollard did to get on Haley's bad side...guess they weren't part of the right 53

My guess would likely include taking wrong angles and the inability to make an open field tackle.

T-post Tom
08-06-2010, 09:39 PM

I don't think he's LJ. I think he has a bad agent and he made some bad business decisions. It'll all come out in the wash.

Sully
08-06-2010, 09:45 PM
If there is anything we k ow about the "Patriot Way" it's that players are commodities.

This isn't about Haley and Pioli being vindictive, and it's not about some dumbass high school-like spat. It's about getting the best value they can for this particular commodity. You'd be a fool to think that you'd get better value for Page in-season or in the offseason than after camp has started and injuries begin to mount around the league.

It is a game of chicken, though. If they wait too long (after cuts) then they played it poorly.

-King-
08-06-2010, 10:07 PM
Is it just me or are the page numbers for this thread backwards? Feels like this thread is a big giant pun.

http://img822.imageshack.us/img822/6219/23514009.png
Look at the page #s

Bwana
08-06-2010, 10:29 PM
My guess would likely include taking wrong angles and the inability to make an open field tackle.

LMAO

And there you have it.

Sweet Daddy Hate
08-07-2010, 11:26 AM

And what, precisely, is going on?

Page may very well be a "sum of all parts" player, but WHAT has he done consistently to make us all bend the knee to this motherfucker?

I mean really, people. Fuck.

Micjones
08-07-2010, 01:10 PM
Trade him already and get it over with.
Take the 5 and run.

Chief Faithful
08-07-2010, 01:25 PM
Gotta love the end. "He has moved to California." So now let's trade the little whiner to the Jags.

He's an example to all players to make "trade requests."

Send him to the Packers.

Chiefaholic
08-07-2010, 01:49 PM
The Chiefs would be fools to outright cut his ass. They tendered him in hope of an offer from another franchise. When the Chiefs weren't offered compensation they felt was fair value, Page-N-Page Inc. got their feelings hurt and took the juvelile road by giving the KC media something to bitch about.

When an offer is thrown on the table they feel is fair compensation, Jarred will get an opportunity to play for a different franchise. If not, he'll be a backup and special teamer one more year before he rides his happy ass off into the sunset.

Valiant
08-07-2010, 01:55 PM

That's ****ing with a man's career.

How exactly did they force him to play?? Especially if he was feeling the way he said before last years preseason games.. The guy is making up total bullshit..

I wanted traded last year preseason, they forced me to play even though I didn't want on the team?? Makes zero sense.. He is making the bs up to get sympathy..

Brock
08-07-2010, 01:58 PM
Honestly, who cares. He can sign or not, he can play or not. The Chiefs have obviously made the decision that he's going to sign or rot at home. This is only one side of the story anyway.

DenverDanChiefsFan
08-07-2010, 02:34 PM
For the record, I'm completely fine with the Chiefs saying "**** you" to Page.

Provided that "**** you" mans trading him and getting something for him.

Ship him, get a pick and end the drama. It's the best for everyone involved.I agree with the basics this. However, his value is very low right now - teams know he isn't going to play for us. Wait until a team needs him due to injury, crappier play from their players (if possible) and trade him when his value is higher.

HonestChieffan
08-07-2010, 03:13 PM
If Pioli trades him to Denver we know its a set up. Everybody gets hurt in Denver.

Psyko Tek
08-07-2010, 04:23 PM
Trade him already and get it over with.
Take the 5 and run.

if he ain't practicing
or playing
we gonna trade him for his xbox skillz

go kfactor

Goldmember
08-07-2010, 05:59 PM
How can you be a cancer if you are in California instead of with your team.

Had he signed his tender, showed up and worked and been professional about it he would likely have been traded by now.

He is trying to make a point by not showing up and refusing to do anything, why is it wrong for KC to counter that point by not just giving in?

The guy will never play for the Chiefs so get some trade value for him.

Goldmember
08-07-2010, 06:01 PM

Pollard doesn't seem to have that problem with Houston.

CrazyPhuD
08-07-2010, 06:20 PM
The guy will never play for the Chiefs so get some trade value for him.

See I don't get why people say this. Were he to grow up and get his ass on the field he'd play and likely start for the chiefs, then be free to go wherever he wants next year. If he keeps acting like a child then he may never play in the NFL again....

HemiEd
08-07-2010, 07:36 PM

Glad to read your posts in this thread, one of the better ones in a while.

I am calling it now, once the team sees what is going on with the new CBA, they sign some nice free agents. Book it. You heard it here first.

Fish
08-07-2010, 09:27 PM
See I don't get why people say this. Were he to grow up and get his ass on the field he'd play and likely start for the chiefs, then be free to go wherever he wants next year. If he keeps acting like a child then he may never play in the NFL again....

That's kinda what I'm thinking at this point. At one time, everyone said that no way will Lance Briggs ever come back and play for the Bears again. Well...

It's not like this kind of thing doesn't happen all over the league..

Page has talent. Beside Berry, I bet he'd look pretty damn good. Better than the other options we have.. I for one am still hoping they can get his ass to camp.

bevischief
08-08-2010, 10:09 AM
He is going to Detroit.