PDA

View Full Version : KU Jack Harry Slams KU Football

Chocolate Hog
08-06-2010, 05:59 PM
http://www.nbcactionnews.com/dpp/sports/jacks_smack/jack%27s-smack%3A-let-me-explain-my-ku-prediction

Lol at no cursing during practice.

BWillie
08-06-2010, 06:05 PM
Two? Sh*t. I've been saying we are going to win 1 game in the conference. I think they can squeak out two, but three is pushing it. If KU is any good this year. Turner Gill is going to end up being the best coach in the conference.

mikeyis4dcats.
08-06-2010, 06:10 PM
one of the goofiest things I've ever seen was that leaked video of the whole team listening to one guy recite some lame B.E.L.I.E.V.E. acronym slogan

POND_OF_RED
08-06-2010, 06:35 PM
It's going to be hard to enforce that rule after a tough loss to Iowa State this year.

ArrowheadHawk
08-06-2010, 07:07 PM
Well. I will be there to watch all the home losses then.

mikeyis4dcats.
08-06-2010, 07:25 PM
Well. I will be there to watch all the home losses then.

you mean the first half of all those home losses, amirite?

ROFL

I kid...I kid....

CoMoChief
08-06-2010, 07:49 PM
Herm IIRC had a no cursing rule.

But then he had Gunther Cunningham as a DC.

ArrowheadHawk
08-06-2010, 08:07 PM
you mean the first half of all those home losses, amirite?

ROFL

I kid...I kid....As long as we win our Thursday night home game I will be happy.

Lzen
08-06-2010, 10:18 PM
His logic is flawed. But this is Jack Harry. Should anyone really be surprised by this?

T-post Tom
08-06-2010, 10:28 PM
Harry is also reporting that the Jayhawk mascot has a spinal tumor...

(it never gets old :) )

Coach
08-06-2010, 11:12 PM
I'll say this. Harry needs to retire. His gimmick is getting old as is.

DaneMcCloud
08-06-2010, 11:16 PM
I'll say this. Harry needs to retire. His gimmick is getting old as is.

It was old in the 1970's when I was a kid.

DaneMcCloud
08-06-2010, 11:17 PM
As long as we win our Thursday night home game I will be happy.

And this represents the problems associated with KU football.

BWillie
08-07-2010, 12:09 AM
Me and Jack Harry both predicted ku's miracle season. But I don't have a flat top or wet my depends so at least I have that working for me.

ArrowheadHawk
08-07-2010, 09:28 AM
And this represents the problems associated with KU football.
There is a special neutral site game I would love to win also. Everything else is gravy. If you don't think I don't want them to win every game you are delusional but the the most important home game is vs KSU.

WilliamTheIrish
08-07-2010, 10:12 AM
"Lack of institutional control? Mangino berating players?? Lost tickets? No swearing at practice? I had no idea".

WilliamTheIrish
08-07-2010, 10:13 AM
That post has really nothing to do with the topic. It just makes me laugh. And Lew looks like such a clown I had to post it.

Carry on.

Stewie
08-07-2010, 10:18 AM
What KU fans is he referring to? All my KU friends don't think we'll win more than 1-2 games in the conference. That video blog shouldn't be called Jack's Smack, it should be called Jack's Ass.

HolyHandgernade
08-07-2010, 11:30 AM
Does creep anyone else out when Jack Harry uses the "panties in a wad" phrase? Ewww.

Coach
08-07-2010, 11:34 AM
It was old in the 1970's when I was a kid.

Not suprising. Just amazed how they continue to let him on the job this long. And yes, outside of probably one or two guys, the KC media is a complete fucking embarrasment.

Stewie
08-08-2010, 10:56 AM
Gill’s recruiting efforts pick up steam at KU

By J. BRADY McCOLLOUGH

The Kansas City Star

Iowa and Nebraska are consensus preseason top 15 teams entering this season. They are predicted to compete for conference championships and, at the very least, secure bowl berths.

Kansas is coming off a 5-7 season in which just about everything went wrong. It has a new coach, a new group of assistants and a new strength and conditioning staff. There is no proof that success is on the horizon.

So last weekend when KU coach Turner Gill nabbed oral commitments from wide receiver JaCorey Shepherd of Mesquite, Texas, formerly committed to the Hawkeyes, and Blue Valley West guard Dylan Admire, formerly committed to the Cornhuskers, it signified much more than a good recruiting day.

“That’s the single biggest day of the year,” said Jon Kirby, who covers KU football recruiting for Rivals.com. “These guys are committed to Iowa and Nebraska, who have a foundation set in their program. Yet these players decide to switch their commitment to Kansas, who hasn’t done a lot of those things yet.”

When Gill was hired, he made it clear that recruiting was going to be one of his top priorities. With Shepherd and Admire on board, Gill already has 15 commitments for the Class of 2011.

“It’s rare to see this because these kids are committing basically based on what they’ve been sold by the staff,” Kirby said. “KU’s yet to play a game. They’ve yet to take a snap on offense. They haven’t shown what they’re going to do defensively. Recruits like to see that before they commit somewhere.”

To give Gill all of the credit for an impressive start in recruiting would be a great disservice to the staff that he’s put together. Gill hired notable recruiters Darrell Wyatt and Reggie Mitchell to coach wide receivers and running backs, respectively, and the names Chuck Long, KU’s offensive coordinator, and Carl Torbush, defensive coordinator, mean a lot to high-school coaches all over the country.

Gill has set Wyatt, formerly the offensive coordinator at Southern Mississippi, loose on the Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex. Wyatt was the lead recruiter for Shepherd, a three-star prospect rated the No. 64 receiver in the country by Rivals.com.

“We pretty much have every college in the country come through here, and (Wyatt) is one of the most impressive — if not the most impressive — recruiter that comes through,” said Rodney Webb, Shepherd’s coach at Mesquite Horn High, “just in terms of the way he conducts himself, the way he handles himself around coaches and kids. I would want to play for him.”

Gill’s effort to build a program at Buffalo has resonated.
“Fairly remarkable,” Webb said. “That was a program that nobody ever even heard of. I couldn’t have told you if Buffalo had a football team before he got there. Getting them to the level he got them, I was excited when Kansas hired him as their next head coach.”

Shepherd said that he preferred playing in the Big 12 to the Big Ten so that his family could see him play more often. Conference affiliation was even more of a factor for Admire, who said he was upset when Nebraska announced it would leave for the Big Ten in 2011.

“I’ve lived in KC since I was 6, lived in Missouri before that. I’ve always been a Big 12 person,” Admire said. “I want my friends and family to be able to come watch me.”
In the days after Admire committed to KU, he suddenly had an influx of new Facebook friends. They just happened to be fellow future Jayhawks like himself.

“They found me on Facebook,” Admire said, “and I sent them friend requests, too. I want to get acquainted with them as soon as possible. They’re all so excited. They all love the coaches, how genuine they are. They just love the program and where it’s going.”

http://www.kansascity.com/2010/08/07/2135713_gills-recruiting-efforts-pick.html?storylink=omni_popular#ixzz0w2BXNcX4