PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Mellinger: Chiefs' McCluster stepping into the spotlight

Tribal Warfare
08-08-2010, 03:28 AM
Chiefs' McCluster stepping into the spotlight (http://www.kansascity.com/2010/08/07/2135786/chiefs-mccluster-stepping-into.html)
By SAM MELLINGER
The Kansas City Star

ST. JOSEPH | It begins with the shoes. At least for now, all talk about Dexter McCluster begins with the cleats. He is the undersized and dreadlocked talk of this Chiefs camp, and it never goes more than a sentence or two before someone brings up the shoes.

The story of how a 5-foot-8, 170-pound rookie becomes the star of an NFL training camp otherwise dominated by men much bigger and stronger is complicated and layered, so maybe the little man hasn’t stopped to think of the absurdity of busting through three pairs of Nikes before the first preseason game.

Counting another in college, that’s four pairs of previously fine cleats that’ve blown out on McCluster’s feet like some sort of firecracker.

“You’d think one of the other shoe companies would get a hold of that, make some jokes about it,” says Rick Rodriguez, McCluster’s coach at Largo High in Florida.

“He just stops and starts so quick that shoe needs to be wound tight with a real good arch,” says Houston Nutt, McCluster’s coach at Mississippi.

“They’ve got plenty of shoes here, so it shouldn’t be a problem,” McCluster says.

• • •

Dexter McCluster should be bigger. People tell him this all the time. His father, Marcus, goes about 6-1 and sturdy — around 210 pounds when he played running back in college. Dexter got his moves from pop, but his size from mom, which bothers most everyone but Dexter.

“I wouldn’t be the same player if I was bigger,” he says. “People always tell me, ‘Man, if you were just a little bigger,’ but I wouldn’t be me. I love the size I am. This is who I am. This is who I want to be.”

For a time, McCluster needed to make sure others knew that, too. Small guy? Sure, but watch him try to run over the biggest guy on defense. McCluster made it a point to never go down on his own, to never step out of bounds before taking a hit, all the way until college when his coaches asked over and over and over if he’d just please be smarter about things.

It’s OK to take a hit, they’d tell him, but make sure it’s worth the while. You don’t have to prove anything, they’d say. We know you’re tough. We just want you to be smart. Little Man’s Complex? Maybe. But it’s a productive one.

“I always wanted to prove I could do it,” McCluster says now. “I wanted people to know, I don’t care how big you are, I want to run through you. That’s still how I am. But sometimes you pick your spots.”

This is how McCluster is, playing with an almost visual cockiness. He is aggressive and sure and almost always the quickest man on the field. The dreadlocks, brown around the tips, have fallen out the back of his helmet since high school. He jokes that the look may be his secret weapon, his source “of swagger.”

He wears No. 22 with the Chiefs, same number since Little League, same number that’s tattooed on his right arm next to the word “FUTURE.” Dad wore No. 22, too, and as long as Dexter can remember he wanted his football career to go further than his father’s. That’s why he got the tat. It’s the one that means the most to him.

The beginning of his professional career means he’s gone further than his father.

• • •

The Chiefs have never seen anyone like this. Dante Hall is the closest thing — you remember that magical stretch in the early 2000s when he became a big enough star to sit on David Letterman’s couch.

Hall had seven return touchdowns in two seasons, highlighted by that ridiculous 93-yard punt return against the Broncos in 2003 (even if a clip or two went uncalled).

McCluster’s impact could be greater. He could be Hall on special teams but with a bigger role in the offense. The better comparison might be Chicago’s Devin Hester. For a team previously without any yard-after-the-catch guys, McCluster is like Gatorade on a 100-degree day.

The fans see it. They’re desperate for it. Eric Berry’s jersey sells more, but nobody brings the screams like McCluster. He catches the ball, the fans start buzzing. He jukes a defender, the fans start celebrating. And he’s been doing lots of juking.

“I got a little bit of rhythm,” he says, “so it comes natural.”

The versatility is obvious. He ran for 1,169 yards at Ole Miss last season, but the Chiefs list him at receiver. He’ll play mostly the slot, but is capable of going outside, too. Might even line up in the Wildcat.

Nobody in SEC history — from Herschel Walker to Bo Jackson to Percy Harvin — ever rushed for 1,000 yards and caught passes for 500 more in a season before McCluster. He also figures to be a regular highlight on special teams.

Until Jamaal Charles’ emergence, so much of the Chiefs’ struggles last year came because they had no playmakers. And that’s being kind. Too often, they didn’t even have anyone who could catch the ball, and it left $63 million quarterback Matt Cassel to second-guess and be second-guessed.

McCluster, as much as any other offseason move, represents a tangible effort by general manager Scott Pioli to build a more complete offense.

“I have to decide what is too much, what is not enough,” coach Todd Haley says.

“My game is quickness,” McCluster says. “My game is speed. The coaches are doing a great job.”

• • •

Training camp is about hope and optimism, but eventually the regular season will bring along reality. Non-contact drills are easy for McCluster to dominate. He’d be a flag-football Hall of Famer.

But there is also the very real possibility that the hype will not match the production, that the talk won’t match the impact. Maybe we saw the first bit of that when he dropped two punts in a row in front of 10,000 or so fans at the Chiefs’ scrimmage on Saturday. Dante Hall sold a lot of jerseys, too.

McCluster will not make or break the Chiefs this year. He’s a bit like a kickass stereo system in your car — fun to play with but not essential to the functionality — which is why he was a curious pick for a team that’s won 10 games in three years.

The Chiefs have players who can be good and need to be good — we’re looking at you, Dwayne Bowe. That group will be more critical to the offense’s success this year. McCluster is dessert, but the Chiefs need to finish dinner first.

McCluster does bring some symbolism, though, of a boring team morphing into something better. Sundays will be more fun this fall, and McCluster is a part of that.

The Chiefs have some of the best young talent in the NFL, including a few key playmakers, and maybe McCluster is the swaggering, dreadlocked face of that movement. Nobody is more likely to turn in the season’s best highlight.

“That’s great and all,” he says, “but I have to do it in a game for it to matter.”

You know what? There’s some symbolism in that, too.

WhitiE
08-08-2010, 05:32 AM
Hope he can stay healthy and get yards

milkman
08-08-2010, 05:33 AM
This is how McCluster is, playing with an almost visual cockiness. He is aggressive and sure and almost always the quickest man on the field. The dreadlocks, brown around the tips, have fallen out the back of his helmet since high school. He jokes that the look may be his secret weapon, his source “of swagger.”

Pocket Samson?

LaChapelle
08-08-2010, 07:41 AM
(even if a clip or two went uncalled)
-Oh no you dit'nt

LaChapelle
08-08-2010, 07:48 AM
There was a screen shot on MSN this morning of Dexter going against Raider #33 on Madden
now it's gone
Maybe the CHiefs will finally get a player that gets the Madden curse -progress

notorious
08-08-2010, 09:17 AM
Pocket Samson?

I thought that "Pocket Rocket" was a cool nickname, but it seems that another object that brings women pleasure via D or C batteries has that honor.

Fish
08-08-2010, 09:52 AM
But there is also the very real possibility that the hype will not match the production, that the talk won’t match the impact. Maybe we saw the first bit of that when he dropped two punts in a row in front of 10,000 or so fans at the Chiefs’ scrimmage on Saturday. Dante Hall sold a lot of jerseys, too.

McCluster will not make or break the Chiefs this year. He’s a bit like a kickass stereo system in your car — fun to play with but not essential to the functionality — which is why he was a curious pick for a team that’s won 10 games in three years.

I've kinda felt this way since draft day. Even then, it looked to me like the franchise was trying to give the fans something to have hope for, instead of boringly focusing on building for the future. He's the bright shiny object to keep the fans distracted, so they won't be quite so bothered by the management completely neglecting other key positions.

I just hope the kid can live up to the hype...

OnTheWarpath58
08-08-2010, 10:00 AM
I've kinda felt this way since draft day. Even then, it looked to me like the franchise was trying to give the fans something to have hope for, instead of boringly focusing on building for the future. He's the bright shiny object to keep the fans distracted, so they won't be quite so bothered by the management completely neglecting other key positions.

Yep. That part summed it up for me as well.

Good piece overall by Mellinger. He should write more.

McCluster made it a point to never go down on his own, to never step out of bounds before taking a hit, all the way until college when his coaches asked over and over and over if he’d just please be smarter about things.

Hopefully he'll listen to Haley and Weis on this - you might get away with it in college, but taking unnecessary hits in the NFL at his weight is going to catch up to him.

milkman
08-08-2010, 10:01 AM
I thought that "Pocket Rocket" was a cool nickname, but it seems that another object that brings women pleasure via D or C batteries has that honor.

Well, since he already seems to have some fans jizzing themselves, I'd think that Pocket Rocket would be appropriate.

notorious
08-08-2010, 10:09 AM
Well, since he already seems to have some fans jizzing themselves, I'd think that Pocket Rocket would be appropriate.

LMAO

Red Brooklyn
08-08-2010, 10:26 AM

LMAO

Red Brooklyn
08-08-2010, 10:29 AM

Exactly.

I'm excited to see what he brings. Certrainly, I'm not hoping he'll fall short, but I remain skeptically optimistic.

DeezNutz
08-08-2010, 10:29 AM
I'm just grateful that all of our draft picks are going to be very productive, and we avoided busts like Kindle, Cody, and Benn.

Relieved.

OnTheWarpath58
08-08-2010, 10:30 AM
I'm just grateful that all of our draft picks are going to be very productive, and we avoided busts like Kindle, Cody, and Benn.

Relieved.

LMAO

JASONSAUTO
08-08-2010, 10:35 AM

Good piece overall by Mellinger. He should write more.

Hopefully he'll listen to Haley and Weis on this - you might get away with it in college, but taking unnecessary hits in the NFL at his weight is going to catch up to him.

What do the two dropped punts have to do with anything? shit it happens. he dropped two punts. lets talk when it happens in a game. Isnt that how YOU approach training camp? (at least when its positive i guess)

milkman
08-08-2010, 10:38 AM
What do the two dropped punts have to do with anything? shit it happens. he dropped two punts. lets talk when it happens in a game. Isnt that how YOU approach training camp? (at least when its positive i guess)

I'm pretty sure Path is talkin about Mellinger's "dessert" take on McCluster here, not the dropped punts.

DeezNutz
08-08-2010, 10:38 AM

What?

Why are you alluding to dropped punts when the post you quoted has nothing to do with that?

milkman
08-08-2010, 10:40 AM
I really do think, Jason, that path is right when he says you argue the poster rather than the post.

JASONSAUTO
08-08-2010, 10:47 AM
What?

Why are you alluding to dropped punts when the post you quoted has nothing to do with that?

huh? he quoted a post from fish that he used mellingers words saying that he dropped two punts and thats the first sign that he might not live up to the hype.

DeezNutz
08-08-2010, 10:50 AM
No, Fish talked about "bright shiny objects" and Dex taking unnecessary hits.

milkman
08-08-2010, 10:51 AM
huh? he quoted a post from fish that he used mellingers words saying that he dropped two punts and thats the first sign that he might not live up to the hype.

The dropped punt was only a part of the post that path quoted.

Mr. Laz
08-08-2010, 10:55 AM
forget the wildcat and returns, focus on WR for DMC.

OnTheWarpath58
08-08-2010, 10:59 AM
I'm pretty sure Path is talkin about Mellinger's "dessert" take on McCluster here, not the dropped punts.

Exactly.

Fish's "bright shiny object" and Mellinger's "He’s a bit like a kickass stereo system in your car — fun to play with but not essential to the functionality" lines.

It's the same take some of us have been presenting since draft day, just worded differently.

Fish
08-08-2010, 11:01 AM

:facepalm:

Dude... come on... the two dropped punts were insignificant to the overall point. Though I'm not surprised you glossed over that and went straight to attacking the poster.

The point is that despite whatever positives that DMC brings, it's still a risky pick in the face of other very obvious deficiencies on the team that weren't addressed at all. Those of us that recognize that are still definitely hoping that DMC lives up to the hype and can be a big part of the team. But we recognize what we gave up in order to take that chance on him. If he does get injured due to his size or overuse, it's a double-whammy considering the other positions that had to be neglected for us to get him.

OnTheWarpath58
08-08-2010, 11:05 AM
I really do think, Jason, that path is right when he says you argue the poster rather than the post.

Hell, all I did was quote Fish's response to the Mellinger quote.

It was pretty obvious that I was referring to the car stereo line when I said:

Considering that's the part that Fish was speaking to with his "bright shiny object" comment.

Fish never said a word about the dropped punts in his response.

JASONSAUTO
08-08-2010, 11:20 AM
The dropped punt was only a part of the post that path quoted.

thast true but after him specifically asking about mccluster dropping two punts yesterday (as if that was a big deal) and adding in the way that crowd doesnt like him already.
i may argue the poster but some "argue the player". some players will never be good enough NO MATTER what they do.

OnTheWarpath58
08-08-2010, 11:28 AM
thast true but after him specifically asking about mccluster dropping two punts yesterday (as if that was a big deal) and adding in the way that crowd doesnt like him already.
i may argue the poster but some "argue the player". some players will never be good enough NO MATTER what they do.

Wow. You're pathetic.

I asked that question in another thread. Here it is:

Just heard that McCluster apparently had some problems fielding punts today.

Anyone who was there willing to confirm this?

Would anyone like to tell me how this looks like I was "making it a big deal?"

I have a friend from Platte City that was at camp. He said Dex dropped some punts. I asked if someone else who was at camp could verify. (or go into more detail)

If you look back a few posts, I had just got done commenting on how different people can see the same thing, but report completely opposite results.

And I haven't posted anything about the crowd not liking him. I have no idea where you're pulling that from.

Oh, wait. Yeah I do. Your ass.

JASONSAUTO
08-08-2010, 11:30 AM
Wow. You're pathetic.

I asked that question in another thread. Here it is:

Would anyone like to tell me how this looks like I was "making it a big deal?"

I have a friend from Platte City that was at camp. He said Dex dropped some punts. I asked if someone else who was at camp could verify. (or go into more detail)

If you look back a few posts, I had just got done commenting on how different people can see the same thing, but report completely opposite results.

And I haven't posted anything about the crowd not liking him. I have no idea where you're pulling that from.

Oh, wait. Yeah I do. Your ass.

if your friend was there wasnt that enough? and i wasnt talking about the crowd there in st. joe. i was talking about the crowd here. you know the ones who crowd every thread with negativity

JASONSAUTO
08-08-2010, 11:32 AM
Wow. You're pathetic.

i would disagree on who is the pathetic one here. at least i can ENJOY the season, and most things about it. you on the other hand live to bitch.

milkman
08-08-2010, 11:33 AM

Let's assume that you are right that some players will never be good enough.

It still remains that you are arguing the poster rather than the post, and it looks petty.

OnTheWarpath58
08-08-2010, 11:33 AM
if your friend was there wasnt that enough? and i wasnt talking about the crowd there in st. joe. i was talking about the crowd here. you know the ones who crowd every thread with negativity

You're really bad at this. Any more straws you'd like to grasp at?

T-post Tom
08-08-2010, 11:36 AM
McCluster’s impact could be greater. He could be Hall on special teams but with a bigger role in the offense. The better comparison might be Chicago’s Devin Hester. For a team previously without any yard-after-the-catch guys, McCluster is like Gatorade on a 100-degree day.

McCluster will not make or break the Chiefs this year...I’s a bit like a kickass stereo system in your car — fun to play with but not essential to the functionality — which is why he was a curious pick for a team that’s won 10 games in three years.

Seems like someone is a bit ambivalent here. Just sayin'...

OnTheWarpath58
08-08-2010, 11:38 AM
i would disagree on who is the pathetic one here. at least i can ENJOY the season, and most things about it. you on the other hand live to bitch.

Yep, I live to bitch.

That's why I'm one of the few people here that defend Brandon Carr. Or Dwayne Bowe.

That's why I've praised Pioli for taking Asomoah in the 3rd. And for getting all of our draft picks into camp on time.

And why I've given Haley credit for toning down his sideline antics after meeting with his dad before the Pittsburgh game.

That's why I spent my hard earned money to take 2 trips to see a shitty team play last year, and are doing the same this year. Odd for someone that doesn't enjoy it.

But you don't notice, because it doesn't fit your agenda.

Dicky McElephant
08-08-2010, 11:38 AM
Well this isn't surprising.

OnTheWarpath58
08-08-2010, 11:43 AM
Well this isn't surprising.

LMAO

Like a swiss fucking watch. He's right on time.

JASONSAUTO
08-08-2010, 12:13 PM
LMAO

Like a swiss fucking watch. He's right on time.

funny i feel the same way every time i open a thread and find you bitching.
Posted via Mobile Device

Red Brooklyn
08-08-2010, 12:14 PM
Guys, can't we all just get along?

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/46/139315577_9da8ef2810.jpg

OnTheWarpath58
08-08-2010, 12:18 PM
funny i feel the same way every time i open a thread and find you bitching.
Posted via Mobile Device

Where was I bitching in this thread?

You really should stop, you're embarrassing yourself. Milkman is right, you come across as petty.

Nothing in this thread resembles bitching, yet you still went on the attack.

The fact that you continue to grasp at things that aren't there make you look even more foolish.

Please, carry on though. I'm enjoying the fact that others are starting to see this for themselves.

OnTheWarpath58
08-08-2010, 12:19 PM
Guys, can't we all just get along?

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/46/139315577_9da8ef2810.jpg

Don't look at me, dude. I'm not the guy with the problem.

I think that's evident if you read the thread.

Red Brooklyn
08-08-2010, 12:22 PM
Don't look at me, dude. I'm not the guy with the problem.

I think that's evident if you read the thread.
Completely evident. You're 100% in the right on this. I was just trying to break the tension with a little bit of humor.

JASONSAUTO
08-08-2010, 12:23 PM
Where was I bitching in this thread?

You really should stop, you're embarrassing yourself. Milkman is right, you come across as petty.

Nothing in this thread resembles bitching, yet you still went on the attack.

The fact that you continue to grasp at things that aren't there make you look even more foolish.

Please, carry on though. I'm enjoying the fact that others are starting to see this for themselves.

do you think i actially care that others are siding with you?? they share your basic views on some players and when they were drafted. of course they will agree with your bitching.
Posted via Mobile Device

KCrockaholic
08-08-2010, 12:27 PM
http://lh6.ggpht.com/__nPjnrHu2jY/TC4g6_cYpuI/AAAAAAAAAbA/6xKgf9CEa2Y/s800/madden11chiefs5.jpg

Where are the sweet dreads?

milkman
08-08-2010, 12:30 PM
do you think i actially care that others are siding with you?? they share your basic views on some players and when they were drafted. of course they will agree with your bitching.
Posted via Mobile Device

I wasn't siding with him.

You and I have never had a problem, but the fact is, you are coming off as a douche here.

I'm trying to give you some advice.

Step back and really look at what your're doing here.

Red Brooklyn
08-08-2010, 12:30 PM
http://lh6.ggpht.com/__nPjnrHu2jY/TC4g6_cYpuI/AAAAAAAAAbA/6xKgf9CEa2Y/s800/madden11chiefs5.jpg

Where are the sweet dreads?
One more reason not to buy the game. No authenticity. :)

alanm
08-08-2010, 12:34 PM
What do the two dropped punts have to do with anything? shit it happens. he dropped two punts. lets talk when it happens in a game. Isnt that how YOU approach training camp? (at least when its positive i guess)I take that as Colquitt is doing exceptionally well at his rugby punts.:thumb:

milkman
08-08-2010, 12:36 PM
I take that as Colquitt is doing exceptionally well at his rugby punts.:thumb:

I've never gotten into that whole "Adopt a Chief" thing, but I couldn't help but notice right now, it might be time for you to adopt a new one.

JASONSAUTO
08-08-2010, 12:36 PM
I wasn't siding with him.

You and I have never had a problem, but the fact is, you are coming off as a douche here.

I'm trying to give you some advice.

Step back and really look at what your're doing here.

thats fine if thats the way you feel mm.

youre right we have never had a problem because you can disagree without disrespect.

nog saying you never disrespect, lol, just it doesnt start there. and you dont shit on 80 percent of the threads here. thats the difference.
Posted via Mobile Device

alanm
08-08-2010, 12:38 PM
I've never gotten into that whole "Adopt a Chief" thing, but I couldn't help but notice right now, it might be time for you to adopt a new one.Probably so..:)

KCrockaholic
08-08-2010, 12:38 PM
One more reason not to buy the game. No authenticity. :)

http://lh4.ggpht.com/__nPjnrHu2jY/TC4g63eelPI/AAAAAAAAAa8/oVNs6sOGsD8/s800/madden11chiefs4.jpg

T-Jack. No dreads? Vrabel and TJ look almost the same size.

milkman
08-08-2010, 12:39 PM
thats fine if thats the way you feel mm.

youre right we have never had a problem because you can disagree without disrespect.

nog saying you never disrespect, lol, just it doesnt start there. and you dont shit on 80 percent of the threads here. thats the difference.
Posted via Mobile Device

There are others that feel entirely differently about me Jason.

It's all about perception.

Red Brooklyn
08-08-2010, 12:43 PM

True story. I can't stand milkman.

JASONSAUTO
08-08-2010, 12:44 PM

all i can go by is how my personal interactions with someone is.

but it is funny that i can get along with some of yhe notorious posters but not with this guy. and i have tried but there has to be some give and take and some realization that you MIGHT be wrong once in a while. something otw will never be good at.
Posted via Mobile Device

alanm
08-08-2010, 12:46 PM
http://lh4.ggpht.com/__nPjnrHu2jY/TC4g63eelPI/AAAAAAAAAa8/oVNs6sOGsD8/s800/madden11chiefs4.jpg

T-Jack. No dreads? Vrabel and TJ look almost the same size.I don't think Vrabel looked that good even as a rookie. Actually he looks undersized.

JASONSAUTO
08-08-2010, 12:47 PM

i hope this is sarcastic... hes old school and you have to know how t respectfully disagree with an old school fucker
Posted via Mobile Device

milkman
08-08-2010, 12:47 PM
all i can go by is how my personal interactions with someone is.

but it is funny that i can get along with some of yhe notorious posters but not with this guy. and i have tried but there has to be some give and take and some realization that you MIGHT be wrong once in a while. something otw will never be good at.
Posted via Mobile Device

I get that.

And I admittedly am not good on the give and take myself, but in this, it appears, honestly, that you need to give.

milkman
08-08-2010, 12:48 PM

Can't say I blame ya.

Someone needs to kick his ass.

Red Brooklyn
08-08-2010, 12:49 PM
I don't think Vrabel looked that good even as a rookie. Actually he looks undersized.
LMAO

No joke!

The graphics looks slick, for sure. Just not necessarily accurate. I bet Haley would be thrilled to see his team looking that trim and fit IRL.

JASONSAUTO
08-08-2010, 12:50 PM
I get that.

And I admittedly am not good on the give and take myself, but in this, it appears, honestly, that you need to give.

i have. hell i tried being nice and bullshitting with the guy and as soon as he disagreed he was very disrespectful again..

just be respectful and things will be cool. disagree? fine. milkman will attest to that with me. no need to call names.
Posted via Mobile Device

Red Brooklyn
08-08-2010, 12:51 PM
Can't say I blame ya.

Someone needs to kick his ass.
I'd do it myself, but I'm (admittedly) kind of a pussy.

Besides, he'd just tell me I did it wrong anyway.

JASONSAUTO
08-08-2010, 12:59 PM
I take that as Colquitt is doing exceptionally well at his rugby punts.:thumb:

they were punts that hung and with the wind so off and on the ball looked crazy in flight. which is good IMO. it was good experience for the guys. hell lawrence and arenas didnt field too many either, but they let most of theirs go into the endzone or downed short. on one of mcclusters he was sprinting up field and to his left and dropped it and the ball went out of bounds. then he took one too many steps getting up on one and took it off his chest.
Posted via Mobile Device

milkman
08-08-2010, 12:59 PM
i have. hell i tried being nice and bullshitting with the guy and as soon as he disagreed he was very disrespectful again..

just be respectful and things will be cool. disagree? fine. milkman will attest to that with me. no need to call names.
Posted via Mobile Device

Well, I tried.

I now return you back to my regular program of assholery.

I'd do it myself, but I'm (admittedly) kind of a pussy.

Besides, he'd just tell me I did it wrong anyway.

You know me so well.

OnTheWarpath58
08-08-2010, 01:05 PM

Posted via Mobile Device

WTF are you talking about?

First you come in and shit all over this thread, claiming I said something I didn't.

Then when you're called out on it, you change your stance to, "well, he's always negative/bitching."

Like that has anything to do with this thread.

You move the goalposts faster than anyone here. When I've been "disrespectful" of you, it's been because you've pulled shit like this - arguing the poster instead of the post.

Stick to what's actually said, not what YOU think it means - and quit making shit up to feed your agenda - and you won't run into these issues.

I have no problem with you other than the fact you do this rather often - hell, I've even said I'd buy you a beer at a CP function.

It has nothing to do with disagreeing with your opinion.

It has everything to do with you misrepresenting mine, or just flat out claiming I said something I didn't.

Hell, you've just done it again a few posts back, claiming that I refuse to admit when I'm wrong. I've done it more times than you can count, but you ignore it, because it doesn't fit your agenda.

Here are some examples, though limited to the phrase, "I stand corrected." The word "wrong" would be a nightmare to sift through.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/search.php?searchid=419261

So like I said, either stick to what's actually been said, or maybe you just shouldn't react to my posts, since you can't seem to represent them or my thoughts accurately.

Have a good day.