PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs I bet my 1st rounder next year that we beat SD on MNF

Tuckdaddy
08-08-2010, 11:10 AM
If we win I get my opponents first rounder next year but he gets mine if we lose. I realize we are probably not going to be a great team this year but I really think with the stuff SD has going on we can beat them in the opener. No VJ, Merriman is logging over his contract. They have a rookie RB(probably will fumble) their best DB is now a Jet. They are ripe to get beat in this game. Our team will be really up or this game an it should be a sell out.

Am I crazy?

Pasta Giant Meatball
08-08-2010, 11:14 AM
Thier "best DB" is still on the team in Weddle IMO. Never thought much of Cromartie especially after his ole's in the playoffs. Merriman and McNiel will be back for them by the time they face KC. They will be without Jackson, but that rookie will give them more of a running threat than an ancient LT. I wouldn't bet on it, but wouldn't be surprised at a Chief victory. The Chargers have started slow the last couple years, but KC has lost to Oakland the last 2 home openers.

Consistent1
At least sorta crazy if you value that pick. Haha.You never know though. It would be cool.

milkman
I don't think you're crazy, although I'm not sure why you think a rookie RB will automatically be a fumbler.

The other factor to consider, aside from all the other issues with the Chargers at the start of the season is that they have been underachievers to start the season since Norvel took over.

I wouldn't bet that the Chiefs will win, but I also wouldn't bet against it.

I believe it's going to be a close game, either way.

LaChapelle
08-08-2010, 11:15 AM
If pot is legalized in California
are California NFL teams exempt from NFL testing for it

Red Brooklyn
08-08-2010, 11:15 AM
Are you crazy? Maybe.

But it's the kind of crazy I hope is contagious!

I'll be crazy with you, and say we take the contest by 1 to 3 points.

OnTheWarpath58
08-08-2010, 11:18 AM
I don't think you're crazy, although I'm not sure why you think a rookie RB will automatically be a fumbler.

The other factor to consider, aside from all the other issues with the Chargers at the start of the season is that they have been underachievers to start the season since Norvel took over.

I wouldn't bet that the Chiefs will win, but I also wouldn't bet against it.

I believe it's going to be a close game, either way.

Yeah, I didn't get the fumble comment, or the one about their best DB being a Jet. Jammer and Cason are both better options long and short term over Cromartie, IMO.

And FWIW, I never bet on Week 1 games. Way too much risk.

Mr. Laz
08-08-2010, 11:22 AM
hope you win!!!

Tuckdaddy
08-08-2010, 11:25 AM
You guys still think thier D is good. Thats not what I remember from last year. They don't have a great defense anymore and rookies fumble. It's that kids first game, its away on MNF at what should be a very loud Arrowfhead. We also have two coordinators tht actually know how to game plan. We don't have the players to make the playoffs but we can win this game and should. The fact that we lost our last two openers only strenghtens the chances of us winning.

milkman
08-08-2010, 11:38 AM
You guys still think thier D is good. Thats not what I remember from last year. They don't have a great defense anymore and rookies fumble. It's that kids first game, its away on MNF at what should be a very loud Arrowfhead. We also have two coordinators tht actually know how to game plan. We don't have the players to make the playoffs but we can win this game and should. The fact that we lost our last two openers only strenghtens the chances of us winning.

An Emmit Smith moment.

He may or not fumble, who knows.

And yes, the Charger defense has declined, but the Chiefs defense hasn't exactly stepped up yet, and they still have Rivers and Gates.

Coogs
08-08-2010, 11:46 AM
It is one of those games I really don't like. We beat them, and the excuses are already in the air that they were not at full strength. And if we lose to them at less than full strength, this place will meltdown.

Personally, I would rather see them at full strength for the Monday opener... win or lose.

OnTheWarpath58
08-08-2010, 11:49 AM
Personally, I would rather see them at full strength for the Monday opener... win or lose.

I'd rather see all of our opponents at full strength - it's easier to judge progress - or lack thereof.

Coogs
08-08-2010, 11:51 AM
I'd rather see all of our opponents at full strength - it's easier to judge progress - or lack thereof.

Yep!

Red Brooklyn
08-08-2010, 11:52 AM
This.

Though, I'm not gonna lie, I want to see the Chiefs walk away with a 'W.' Full strength or not (on either side). I want to win.

I think the second game of the season will be really interesting. Win or lose (on MNF) I'm anxious to see how this team responds to the outcome. Will a win give them too much confidence? Will a loss crush their confidence? Etc..

milkman
08-08-2010, 11:53 AM

This is the way I feel regardless of the opponent, and regardless of how the Chiefs stack up.

beach tribe
08-08-2010, 11:57 AM
It is one of those games I really don't like. We beat them, and the excuses are already in the air that they were not at full strength. And if we lose to them at less than full strength, this place will meltdown.

I could care less if their whole damn team sits the sidelines. I want a win. Winning is contagious, and is Huge in the minds of young players. These kids need that.

We know that the Chargers are a better team than us right now, but we ARE rising.

I wouldn't mind if they lost a cpl more starters before the season

The last things I want to see on Monday night football in a home opener is this
:http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2009102503/2009/REG7/chargers@chiefs

Coogs
08-08-2010, 12:03 PM
I could care less if their whole damn team sits the sidelines. I want a win. Winning is contagious, and is Huge in the minds of young players. These kids need that.

We know that the Chargers are a better team than us right now, but we ARE rising.

I wouldn't mind if they lost a cpl more starters before the season

The last things I want to see on Monday night football in a home opener is this
:http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2009102503/2009/REG7/chargers@chiefs

And then what if we lose to their JV team?

beach tribe
08-08-2010, 12:03 PM
A plain regular season game, give them to em' full strength.

I think a win here carries more importance for the players, than a barometer of how bad we are does for the coaches.

beach tribe
08-08-2010, 12:04 PM
And then what if we lose to their JV team?

Then we all smash our heads through the wall.

Coogs
08-08-2010, 12:05 PM
Then we all smash our heads through the wall.

Exactly! The 0-16 talk will start. The fire Haley stuff will be in full force. All that crap. I'd rather see them at full strength... regardless of the outcome.

OnTheWarpath58
08-08-2010, 12:10 PM
Exactly! The 0-16 talk will start. The fire Haley stuff will be in full force. All that crap. I'd rather see them at full strength... regardless of the outcome.

There's no way in hell this team goes winless.

And I don't see people getting too riled up unless they were to either get embarrassed by SD like we did last year, or lose to SD and Cleveland. An 0-2 or 0-3 start will deserve criticism.

crossbow
08-08-2010, 12:12 PM
A win over Sandy Eggo is very unlikely but sure would be cool if it did happen. Even if they are using subs, those guys want to earn a pay check too.

Coogs
08-08-2010, 12:14 PM
There's no way in hell this team goes winless.

I don't think so either. But I have been around the Planet since its early days. Won't be pretty if we go down to the Bolts JV squad... something that happened a couple of years ago.

Tuckdaddy
08-08-2010, 12:14 PM
Not our fault if they are not at full strength, they should have better back up players for depth. Winning is better than losing so who cares how many injuries they have.

I want two number1 picks next year and a KC victoy.

beach tribe
08-08-2010, 12:17 PM

Yeah, and what if we stomp their asses? It could spark some shit up.

I can pretty much guarantee you that if the Chargers were to come in here full strength, on their A game, they would suck the confidence out of the Fans, players, and coaches, and they would do it in front of the entire nation. It's not like they would beat us by three points. You'd see the same results as you would as if we lost to them at less than full strength.

BigChiefFan
08-08-2010, 12:18 PM
I think the Chiefs win this game, with few problems. An amped up Arrowhead will help the team.

Tuckdaddy
08-08-2010, 12:30 PM
I think the Chiefs win this game, with few problems. An amped up Arrowhead will help the team.

THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT! We can stomp their ass's.

KCrockaholic
08-08-2010, 12:32 PM
I'm picking the Chiefs to win.

SD is better, but with all the hype, I'm believing in the Chiefs to start the beginning of something special.

Actually they will start 2-0. I pray to god 3-0 if we can beat SF. But I'm not banking on that. SF is going to be a really good team this year.

seclark
08-08-2010, 12:33 PM
THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT! We can stomp their ass's.

count me in after 4...or 5 more beers!
sec

Coogs
08-08-2010, 12:41 PM
Yeah, and what if we stomp their asses? It could spark some shit up.

I can pretty much guarantee you that if the Chargers were to come in here full strength, on their A game, they would suck the confidence out of the Fans, players, and coaches, and they would do it in front of the entire nation. It's not like they would beat us by three points. You'd see the same results as you would as if we lost to them at less than full strength.

Pretty much agree with everything but the middle part.

Buck
08-08-2010, 12:46 PM
I'm not doubting that the Chiefs can win the game, but about 75% of the shit you said to back up your bet is false.

Baconeater
08-08-2010, 01:23 PM
First rounder for what? Fantasy football? If so, who fucking cares.

doomy3
08-08-2010, 01:56 PM
I'm completely confused what this thread is all about. What first rounder are you trading?

-King-
08-08-2010, 02:17 PM
I'm completely confused what this thread is all about. What first rounder are you trading?

He's Scott Pioli. He made a bet with AJ smith.
Posted via Mobile Device

Hog Farmer
08-09-2010, 09:58 AM
An Emmit Smith moment.

He may or not fumble, who knows.

And yes, the Charger defense has declined, but the Chiefs defense hasn't exactly stepped up yet, and they still have Rivers and Gates.

Berry/Flowers > Rivers/Gates

Berry gets two picks in his debut.

keg in kc
08-09-2010, 11:48 AM
Ballsy move. Hope it works out.

onwardthruthefog
08-09-2010, 11:55 AM
i could give two shits if any of our opponents are at full strength, half strenth, or no strength. all i give a shit about is a win. a win is the only thing that matters. any person who wants to make a bunch of excuses for why their team lost has a pussy mentality and i cannot take seriously. its is the NFL. put up or shut up!