PDA

View Full Version : Royals Kansas City Royals @ Los Angeles Angels of Anameim Game Thread (8/9)

alnorth
08-09-2010, 10:51 AM
<table border=3 cellpadding = 4>
<tr>
<td>Final</td> <td> 1 </td> <td> 2 </td><td> 3 </td><td> 4 </td><td> 5 </td><td> 6 </td><td> 7 </td><td> 8 </td><td> 9 </td><td> R </td><td> H </td><td> E </td></tr>
<tr> <td> KC (47-65) </td> <td> 0 </td> <td> 0 </td><td> 0 </td><td> 0 </td><td> 1 </td><td> 0 </td><td> 2 </td><td> 1 </td><td> 0 </td><td> 4 </td><td> 10 </td><td> 0 </td></tr>
<tr> <td> LAA (57-57) </td> <td> 1 </td> <td> 2 </td><td> 0 </td><td> 2 </td><td> 0 </td><td> 0 </td><td> 1 </td><td> 0 </td><td> X </td><td> 6 </td><td> 11 </td><td> 0 </td></tr>
</table>

http://kansascity.royals.mlb.com/mlb/images/team_logos/60x60/kc.gif

Loss, (1-3) Sean O'Sullivan 6⅓IP 6R 6ER 1BB 6K 1HR
Kanekoa Texeira ⅔IP 0R 0ER 1BB 0K
Jesse Chavez 1IP 0R 0ER 0BB 1K

VS.

http://kansascity.royals.mlb.com/mlb/images/team_logos/60x60/ana.gif

Win, (11-8) Ervin Santana 6⅓IP 3R 3ER 1BB 3K 1HR
Hold, (19) Kevin Jepsen ⅔IP 0R 0ER 0BB 0K
Hold, (20) Fernando Rodney 1IP 1R 1ER 0BB 1K
Save, (22) Brian Fuentes 1IP 0R 0ER 1BB 0K

Home Runs

KC

Yuniesky Betancourt, (9) - Top 5th solo homer to left (foul pole)

LAA

Bobby Abreu, (13) - Bottom 4th 2-run homer to center

Royals Prospects Today

AAA: Mike Moustakas (day off)
AA: Derrick Robinson, (CF) 2/5, 1K
AA: Johnny Giavotella, (2B) 1/4, 1BB, 1K
AA: Eric Hosmer, (DH) 1/4, 2K, 1HR
AA: Mike Montgomery, (SP) 5⅔IP 0R 0ER 1BB 3K
Adv. A: Christian Colon, (SS) 2/3, 1BB
Adv. A: Wil Myers, (DH) 1/3, 1BB (1 double)
Adv. A: Will Smith, (SP) 5⅔IP 4R 3ER 1BB 5K 2HR

Starting Lineups

KC

1. Gregor Blanco, CF
1. Brayan Pena, ph
2. Jason Kendall, C
3. Billy Butler, 1B
4. Kila Ka'aihue, DH
5. Wilson Betemit, 3B
6. Alex Gordon, LF
7. Mitch Maier, RF
7. Willie Bloomquist, ph
8. Yuniesky Betancourt, SS
9. Chris Getz, 2B
9. Mike Aviles, ph

LAA

1. Bobby Abreu, LF
2. Erick Aybar, SS
3. Alberto Callaspo, 3B
4. Hideki Matsui, DH
5. Maicer Izturis, 2B
6. Juan Rivera, RF
7. Howard Kendrick, 1B
8. Jeff Mathis, C
9. Peter Bourjos, CF

gblowfish
08-09-2010, 10:59 AM
This will be ugly. Last time we played the Angels they thumped us 11-0 on ESPN's National TV game July 4th. Now O'Sullivan gets his beating from former mates.

CaliforniaChief
08-09-2010, 11:03 AM
One positive...Torii Hunter is still suspended, I believe.

thurman merman
08-09-2010, 11:04 AM
why are we starting these threads so early

alnorth
08-09-2010, 11:05 AM
woops, I mispelled the Angels full legal team name. Oh well, it is easy to do with such a long stupid name.

Old Dog
08-09-2010, 11:56 AM
I just put a bet on the Angels, so we will likely win this one.

Carlota69
08-09-2010, 01:37 PM
One positive...Torii Hunter is still suspended, I believe.

Angel fan here:

He is. As far SOS, he'll probably beat us because we suck against pitchers we've never faced. Dont give up on your team, we suck realy fkn bad too.

DeezNutz
08-09-2010, 03:59 PM
ML teams, like NFL teams, have to be strong up the middle. To this end, the Royals start: Kendall, Betancourt/Aviles/Getz, and Blanco.

Worst middle of the diamond in ML history? What a ****ing mess this team is. Terrible, terrible, ****ing terrible roster construction. And here we are clinging to the hope that 100 percent of our legit prospects are going to come up and contribute.

Wow.

Sorry, but my depression stems from reading a four-page thread on Royals Corner about Aviles, even though he's sucking this year, being better than Betancourt. Which is true, of course. But damn...

alnorth
08-09-2010, 05:04 PM
Wil Myers is DH'ing again. Wonder if thats a sign that they are beginning to give up on him behind the plate?

BWillie
08-09-2010, 05:06 PM
why are we starting these threads so early

As long as people put the prospect updates in the original thread I could care less when they start the thread

Reaper16
08-09-2010, 05:16 PM
Wil Myers is DH'ing again. Wonder if thats a sign that they are beginning to give up on him behind the plate?
His hamstring or quad is confirmed to be bothering him. Crouching aggravates it. Don't read anything more into his DHing than that.

BWillie
08-09-2010, 05:18 PM
His hamstring or quad is confirmed to be bothering him. Crouching aggravates it. Don't read anything more into his DHing than that.

How come baseball is like the only sport people hurt their hamstring? I don't get it

alnorth
08-09-2010, 05:52 PM
Looks like Moose Tacos isn't playing today.

Sure-Oz
08-09-2010, 06:36 PM
As good as a hitter as meyers projects, i hope he switches positions. seems catchers get fucked up real good

siberian khatru
08-09-2010, 06:47 PM
Looks like Moose Tacos isn't playing today.

CALLUP!

tk13
08-09-2010, 06:48 PM
CALLUP!

Wrong. Traded to Seattle for Jack Wilson.

Reaper16
08-09-2010, 07:52 PM
Wrong. Traded to Seattle for Jack Wilson.
LMAO

Sure-Oz
08-09-2010, 07:57 PM
What does everyone think of Kila just thrown into the cleanup spot?

Reaper16
08-09-2010, 08:01 PM
What does everyone think of Kila just thrown into the cleanup spot?
Sabotage. But on the other hand, who else?

alnorth
08-09-2010, 08:09 PM
Top 1st

Blanco grounds out to first
Kendall grounds out to shortstop
Butler singles to center
Ka'aihue strikes out (swinging)

0 runs, 1 hit

Bottom 1st

Abreu singles to right
Aybar singles to left, Abreu to third
Callaspo flies out to center, Aybar to second on the throw home
Matui grounds out to second, Aybar to third, Abreu scores
Izturis pops out to third

1 run, 2 hits

Sure-Oz
08-09-2010, 08:11 PM
Sabotage. But on the other hand, who else?

Kendall or Blanco would be awesome

DeezNutz
08-09-2010, 08:12 PM
Kendall...would be awesome

Yes, his 75 OPS+ would look AWESOME in that role.

Sure-Oz
08-09-2010, 08:16 PM
Kila didn't take a walk there

Sure-Oz
08-09-2010, 08:23 PM
Callaspo out for blood?

Sure-Oz
08-09-2010, 08:25 PM
Butler you fucking idiot

KevB
08-09-2010, 08:26 PM
Butler you ****ing idiot

+1. Just inexcusable.

CHENZ A!
08-09-2010, 08:27 PM
Are we the only team that has constantly made those type of plays for the last 10 yrs+? I mean shit. They find a new way to look like a little league team every game. For that matter, most of the teams in the little league world series are more fundamentally sound than we are. fuck

Sure-Oz
That would've been a DP, but fat ass doesn't know how to be a 1st baseman

Sure-Oz
+1. Just inexcusable.

Butler is kind've a dumbass....that should never happen...

KevB
08-09-2010, 08:31 PM
Are we the only team that has constantly made those type of plays for the last 10 yrs+? I mean shit. They find a new way to look like a little league team every game. For that matter, most of the teams in the little league world series are more fundamentally sound than we are. ****

Culture of losing. That's why I believe we need a coach to be a bit heavy handed at times; don't allow that type of play to go unanswered. I'd let him have it in the dugout. He's a professional getting paid an incredible sum of money to play a game. I understand if he can't score from first on a double (physical limitations), but making lazy/mental errors shouldn't happen without consequences.

alnorth
08-09-2010, 08:32 PM
Top 2nd

Betemit strikes out (swinging)
Gordon flies out to right
Maier strikes out (swinging) 2-3

0 runs, 0 hits

Bottom 2nd

Rivera grounds out to first 3-1
Kendrick singles to right
Mathis grounds out to catcher, Kendrick to second
Bourjos walks
Abreu doubles to center, Bourjos and Kendrick scores
Aybar grounds out to pitcher

2 runs, 2 hits

Sure-Oz
08-09-2010, 08:33 PM
Alex has a sore heel?

Sure-Oz
08-09-2010, 08:35 PM
Damn gordon just missed that pitch

CHENZ A!
08-09-2010, 08:36 PM
Culture of losing. That's why I believe we need a coach to be a bit heavy handed at times; don't allow that type of play to go unanswered. I'd let him have it in the dugout. He's a professional getting paid an incredible sum of money to play a game. I understand if he can't score from first on a double (physical limitations), but making lazy/mental errors shouldn't happen without consequences.

I really wish we could trade his fat ass, but we would never get good value because he can't field a fucking position. The only position player I even half way liked is playing for LAA tonight. :cuss:

CHENZ A!
08-09-2010, 08:36 PM
Alex has a sore heel?

heel=vagina and it has been that way his entire ML career

DeezNutz
08-09-2010, 08:37 PM

Disagree.

It's lack of talent. "Culture of losing" is BS. Get more talented players, and the "culture" will change very quickly.

Al Bundy
08-09-2010, 08:38 PM
Jason Kendall is awful... no way around it.

Sure-Oz
08-09-2010, 08:38 PM
This roster is full of scrubs, 90% of it is, you can't win without some solid talent...

CaliforniaChief
08-09-2010, 08:44 PM
Hey fellas! I actually get to watch the game with you all tonight. Normally it's Game Cast. Anyways, as you guys know, I hate the Angels. So let's get that stupid run back and win this game.

BWillie
08-09-2010, 08:45 PM
Man Kila is letting me down. I know its limited at bats but come on you hawaiian beast

tk13
08-09-2010, 08:45 PM
Kyle Farnsworth imploded for the Braves in the 7th inning of a tie game. Something about the combo of Farnsworth, Braves, and Houston just doesn't mix.

CaliforniaChief
08-09-2010, 08:46 PM
Man Kila is letting me down. I know its limited at bats but come on you hawaiian beast

I thought he looked ok. Santana threw a good pitch on 3-2. He needs time and not feeling like he's going to be sent to Omaha. Job security for the rest of the year.

Sure-Oz
08-09-2010, 08:48 PM
Speaking of imploding

petegz28
08-09-2010, 08:49 PM
Game

Over

KevB
08-09-2010, 08:50 PM
Disagree.

It's lack of talent. "Culture of losing" is BS. Get more talented players, and the "culture" will change very quickly.

It doesn't take talent to know as the first baseman that you're cutoff from center field. It doesn't take talent to hustle all the way to the plate to be sure your runs scores. There's clearly a lack of talent, and that explains a lot of this team's ills. But it doesn't explain the lazy attitude and mental errors.

CaliforniaChief
08-09-2010, 08:50 PM
That pitch to Abreu was so flat that between innings Bobby asked S.O.S. to take a job as his personal BP pitcher. Ouch.

alnorth
08-09-2010, 08:51 PM
Top 3rd

Betancourt hits an infield single to shortstop
Getz flies out to center
Blanco walks, Betancourt to second
Kendall grounds into a 5-4-3 double play, Blanco out at second

0 runs, 1 hit

Bottom 3rd

Callaspo singles to center
Matsui grounds out to pitcher, Callaspo to second
Izturis strikes out (swinging)
Rivera flies out to center

0 runs, 1 hit

CaliforniaChief
08-09-2010, 08:52 PM
Now to the heart of the order...Getz, Blanco, Kendall.

KevB
08-09-2010, 08:53 PM
It doesn't take talent to know as the first baseman that you're cutoff from center field. It doesn't take talent to hustle all the way to the plate to be sure your runs scores. There's clearly a lack of talent, and that explains a lot of this team's ills. But it doesn't explain the lazy attitude and mental errors.

To add clarity, I'm not suggesting the losing is the managers fault. But with the youngsters coming up soon, I want the culture to be in place that we play winning baseball at all times.

KCUnited
08-09-2010, 08:55 PM
Fuck, Betancourt reproduced. Your 2030 softball team is fucked.

DeezNutz
08-09-2010, 08:58 PM

To add clarity, I'm not suggesting the losing is the managers fault. But with the youngsters coming up soon, I want the culture to be in place that we play winning baseball at all times.

I filter much of the above under the category of "fundamentals," and these cannot be taught at the ML level. Thus, we're back at talent being the prime mover.

Example: Betancourt's worthless ass is not a fundamentally sound player. Never has been. You can bitch at him all you want about catching pop-ups side-saddle, and he might change...for a game or two. And then muscle memory will take over, and he'll resume being the same sack of shit that he's always been.

Get talented players, and a "winning culture" will be established.

All of these tired cliches, however, (process, culture, rebuilding, etc.) need to go away.

Al Bundy
08-09-2010, 08:58 PM
Jason Kendall needs to quit baseball...

CaliforniaChief
08-09-2010, 09:00 PM
Jason Kendall needs to quit baseball...

In that situation, I would give Kendall the take sign until he either strikes out, walks, or is hit in the head with a career-ending fastball. Then 1 of the 4 guys in the lineup capable of hitting a HR come to the plate with the chance to tie it.

KevB
08-09-2010, 09:05 PM
I filter much of the above under the category of "fundamentals," and these cannot be taught at the ML level. Thus, we're back at talent being the prime mover.

Example: Betancourt's worthless ass is not a fundamentally sound player. Never has been. You can bitch at him all you want about catching pop-ups side-saddle, and he might change...for a game or two. And then muscle memory will take over, and he'll resume being the same sack of shit that he's always been.

Get talented players, and a "winning culture" will be established.

All of these tired cliches, however, (process, culture, rebuilding, etc.) need to go away.

Culture isn't a cliche. It matters, ask the Twins. There's a reason they continue to churn out winning teams year after year. Again, I agree that talent is most important, but simple mental mistakes and lazy plays can't be tolerated. I knew as a 1st baseman in the 5th grade that I was cutoff on a throw from center. We all heard growing up that we needed to hustle every play. These aren't fundamental honed in the minor leagues....they're concentration errors, plays that guys make (or don't make) because they simply aren't engaged and don't care.

alnorth
08-09-2010, 09:17 PM
Top 4th

Butler flies out to right
Ka'aihue flies out to center
Betemit grounds out to first 3-1

0 runs, 0 hits

Bottom 4th

Kendrick strikes out (swinging)
Mathis flies out to center
Bourjos hits an infield single to third
Bourjos steals second
Abreu homers to center, Bourjos scores
Aybar grounds out to first 3-1

2 runs, 2 hits

alnorth
08-09-2010, 09:17 PM
never fails. Every damn day the chiefsplanet server shits the bed a few times a night, annoying.

CaliforniaChief
08-09-2010, 09:20 PM
I know hindsight is 20/20, but I did tell my son before the Abreu at-bat that it would have been a good idea to walk Abreu and take our chances with Aybar. Grrrrr.

DeezNutz
08-09-2010, 09:20 PM
Culture isn't a cliche. It matters, ask the Twins. There's a reason they continue to churn out winning teams year after year.

Agreed. Let's compare the talent level of the respective rosters.

Look, yes, hustle is something that should be demanded. But I'm not surprised that Butterball doesn't get himself in position for the cut or stumbles around the infield. 1.) He's not an athlete. 2.) He's not anywhere close to being an instinctive baseball player.

Colon is supposed to be highly instinctive AND have legit ML talent. When and if he comes up and suddenly pop-ups are routinely caught and relays are properly executed, are we really going to attribute this to "culture"? Of course not.

This isn't like debating the chicken and the egg. You MUST have talent before you can establish a "winning culture."

alnorth
08-09-2010, 09:23 PM
yep, you cant spin straw into gold. This "culture" magic is something you look at to try to go from an 88-win 2nd-place team to a 90-win division champ.

Talent trumps coaching and effort almost every time.

alnorth
08-09-2010, 09:25 PM
Top 5th

Gordon grounds out to first
Maier flies out to center
Betancourt homers to left
Getz flies out to left

1 run, 1 hit

Bottom 5th

Callaspo lines out to second
Matsui singles to center
Izturis singles to right, Matsui to second
Rivera flies out to center
Kendrick strikes out (swinging)

0 runs, 2 hits

DeezNutz
08-09-2010, 09:27 PM
yep, you cant spin straw into gold. This "culture" magic is something you look at to try to go from an 88-win 2nd-place team to a 90-win division champ.

But this perspective is bleak. It assures us, for example, that this team is going to be fucking terrible next season.

Why? Because the roster construction is horrible, and we're going to be looking at approximately $15M in available FA dollars to fill several spots.

Yes, MooseTacos might come up and impress. Sure hope so, anyway. But we're at least two years away from digging out from mistakes made by Moore at the ML level.

Then, perhaps we'll have enough young talent to create a different atmosphere.

tk13
08-09-2010, 09:31 PM
You know, Betancourt has a legit shot to lead this team in HR and RBI. And that was including all the guys we've traded. But without them, and DeJesus, it looks rough.

Butler: 10 HR, 54 RBI
Betancourt: 9 HR, 47 RBI
Gordon: 5 HR, 8 RBI
Maier: 4 HR, 31 RBI

CaliforniaChief
08-09-2010, 09:33 PM
Wow Billy, don't kill yourself over there.

alnorth
08-09-2010, 09:38 PM
Top 6th

Blanco flies out to center
Kendall flies out to left
Butler flies out to center

0 runs, 0 hits

Bottom 6th

Mathis strikes out (swinging)
Bourjos strikes out (looking)
Abreu strikes out (looking)

0 runs, 0 hits

Sure-Oz
08-09-2010, 09:39 PM
Billy, the white gwynn minus having sb potential or OF ability

DeezNutz
08-09-2010, 09:39 PM
Just missed it...

DeezNutz
08-09-2010, 09:40 PM
Leave this yard!!!!

Sure-Oz
Wow, Yuni has 1 less HR than Butler

DeezNutz
Damn. Could very easily be 5-3 right now.

CaliforniaChief
08-09-2010, 09:41 PM
Kendall goes deep. That MIGHT have cleared the fence for the All Star Celebrity Softball Game.

Sure-Oz
08-09-2010, 09:42 PM
Wow at this rate we may catch the orioles

CaliforniaChief
08-09-2010, 09:42 PM
Hey Rivera you POS...I hope you do a Kendry and snap your leg in 3 pieces the next time you "skip catch" a fly ball.

KevB
08-09-2010, 09:45 PM

I feel like I'm getting painted into a corner here. TALENT IS THE MOST IMPORTANT INGREDIENT. There, I think we all agree. But if you're ok with Billy not executing a simple fucking fundamental because he wasn't fucking paying attention (has nothing to do with inexperience or athletic ability) then I don't know what else to say. Remind me the last time a major league baseball first baseman wasn't there for a cutoff from center or right field. Even guys who get put over there to be a statue for 3 games a year know to do that.

CaliforniaChief
08-09-2010, 09:49 PM
I feel like I'm getting painted into a corner here. TALENT IS THE MOST IMPORTANT INGREDIENT. There, I think we all agree. But if you're ok with Billy not executing a simple fucking fundamental because he wasn't fucking paying attention (has nothing to do with inexperience or athletic ability) then I don't know what else to say. Remind me the last time a major league baseball first baseman wasn't there for a cutoff from center or right field. Even guys who get put over there to be a statue for 3 games a year know to do that.

Well said. I mean all he had to do was be there. He could have had his eye closed and his hand down his pants and Aybar wouldn't have gone. I'm sure Ned Yost will have a discussion with Billy about that. And about not making an effort on a groundball to his right. And about how that follows an article where Billy throws a little attitude about being a DH.

http://www.kansascity.com/2010/08/09/2139520/royals-notebook-butler-hoping.html

alnorth
im done listening to this game. I'll keep updating the box, but I think I'd rather play video games and watch Craig Ferguson.

Sure-Oz
bob hamelin has more power than billaaay

Sure-Oz
08-09-2010, 09:50 PM
Well said. I mean all he had to do was be there. He could have had his eye closed and his hand down his pants and Aybar wouldn't have gone. I'm sure Ned Yost will have a discussion with Billy about that. And about not making an effort on a groundball to his right. And about how that follows an article where Billy throws a little attitude about being a DH.

http://www.kansascity.com/2010/08/09/2139520/royals-notebook-butler-hoping.html

That will ruin his chance to be an all star 1st baseman!

DeezNutz
08-09-2010, 09:50 PM
You want accountability. I'm great with that. Absolutely.

It's not that I'm ok with Billy ****ing up. I'm not. But he's not a ML first baseman, so comparing him to others is misguided, IMO. And he has zero baseball instincts. He doesn't really understand the game. Therefore, it's not surprising that he generally doesn't know what to do in any given situation.

Should he still be held accountable for his **** up(s)? Of course. Totally. Just don't expect him to change.

Sure-Oz
08-09-2010, 09:51 PM
See that slow bat speed/dayton

Sure-Oz
08-09-2010, 09:52 PM
You want accountability. I'm great with that. Absolutely.

It's not that I'm ok with Billy ****ing up. I'm not. But he's not a ML first baseman, so comparing him to others is misguided, IMO. And he has zero baseball instincts. He doesn't really understand the game. Therefore, it's not surprising that he generally doesn't know what to do in any given situation.

Should he still be held accountable for his **** up(s)? Of course. Totally. Just don't expect him to change.

He is like 'bam bam' from the flintstones

CaliforniaChief
08-09-2010, 09:53 PM
See that slow bat speed/dayton

Kendall hits with a lot more power. Did you see him pound that ball to within 20 feet of the track? That would be ON the track in Fenway, and those are the kinds of teams we need to beat./GMDM

DeezNutz
Why aren't you pretty?!!?

Ugly bitch: I don't know!!!!

Sure-Oz
Gordon definetly has some 'jump' off his bat

stay healthy fucker

CaliforniaChief
Good baserunning by Betemit there.

CaliforniaChief
08-09-2010, 09:54 PM
C'mon Mitch. Launch one here.

CaliforniaChief
08-09-2010, 09:55 PM
Dammit. Now we get to the automatic outs in the lineup.

CaliforniaChief
08-09-2010, 09:59 PM
Nice hit Yuni!

Sure-Oz
08-09-2010, 09:59 PM
5-3 now after betancourts single wtf

Sure-Oz
08-09-2010, 10:00 PM
Getz is a sack of weak shit

CaliforniaChief
WTF did Getz swing on 2-0???

Sure-Oz
Gregor Sack of shito

CaliforniaChief
Shock the world, Blanco-fer.

Get us to within 1.

DeezNutz
08-09-2010, 10:01 PM
Andres Blanco had more power.

Sure-Oz
Andres Blanco had more power.

Rey Sanchez has more power

CaliforniaChief
Rivera playing WAY back in right.

DeezNutz
08-09-2010, 10:02 PM
We like his speed. /DM

DeezNutz
08-09-2010, 10:02 PM
Bullfuckingshit.

CaliforniaChief
08-09-2010, 10:03 PM
Hey, look at the positive. Now we get Blanco to lead off the next inning!/GMDM

Sure-Oz
08-09-2010, 10:03 PM
Jim Joyce FTW

DeezNutz
08-09-2010, 10:04 PM
Hey, look at the positive. Now we get Blanco to lead off the next inning!/GMDM

And it puts Kendall in his optimum role.

Sure-Oz
08-09-2010, 10:06 PM
Jason Kendall is the optimus prime of this team, Butler is Grimlock

CaliforniaChief
08-09-2010, 10:06 PM
I think it would have been good to start the inning from the 'pen.

Sure-Oz
08-09-2010, 10:07 PM
Jason Kendall, Royals baseball

CaliforniaChief
08-09-2010, 10:11 PM
Mount Kenakoa gets the call. Billy complains that he had to move more than 2 steps for a grounder.

Sure-Oz
08-09-2010, 10:16 PM
Texiera get the fuck out of KC

CaliforniaChief
08-09-2010, 10:17 PM
If I was coaching this team we'd have a huddle at home plate. Right now./Shouldernator

CaliforniaChief
08-09-2010, 10:23 PM
DO NOT SWING AT ANY PITCH

DeezNutz
08-09-2010, 10:23 PM
Was Hillman deported? Where do ex-KC managers go?

Sure-Oz
08-09-2010, 10:24 PM
Twirling bat Kendall

CaliforniaChief
08-09-2010, 10:25 PM
Good. No DP.

Sure-Oz
I fucking hate jason kendall, most worthless POS ever

Sure-Oz
Good. No DP.

Gotta make sure billy adds to his league lead

DeezNutz
08-09-2010, 10:26 PM
Luckily, that balk won't come into play.

Sure-Oz
Wow this run may actually matter if texiera wasnt a sack of horse shit

CaliforniaChief
See Kendall? You don't swing...and good things happen. Now tie this game, Kila.

Sure-Oz
08-09-2010, 10:27 PM
Kila Pickering

CaliforniaChief
Scratch that. C'mon Betemit. Tie this game.

CaliforniaChief
Kila Pickering

ROFL

Rep.

CaliforniaChief
08-09-2010, 10:29 PM
C'mon Betemit.

Sure-Oz
08-09-2010, 10:29 PM
Nice job swinging at ball 4

DeezNutz
08-09-2010, 10:30 PM
Nice job swinging at ball 4

Twice. But walks suck.

Sure-Oz
08-09-2010, 10:30 PM
Kila could buy a fucking hit or get on base good god dude, 400 OBP my ass!!1111111111

CaliforniaChief
08-09-2010, 10:31 PM
Would have loved to see Alex get a shot with 2 on. Like all other things I'd like to see with my hopes and dreams regarding the Royals, I'll have to wait until 2015.

CaliforniaChief
08-09-2010, 10:32 PM
Kila could buy a fucking hit or get on base good god dude, 400 OBP my ass!!1111111111

He's clearly pressing. We should give him some time to develop. Not Omaha. He's AAAA. We'll let him play in Leavenworth.

Sure-Oz
08-09-2010, 10:33 PM
Royals players ****ing their wives alot lately, more babies hoping for ddj like success?\

Hochevar had time to **** his wife with his strained 3rd leg?

Sure-Oz
08-09-2010, 10:34 PM
He's clearly pressing. We should give him some time to develop. Not Omaha. He's AAAA. We'll let him play in Leavenworth.

Yeah, he needs to keep playing, im sure the royals fucked with his head so much that he thinks he needs to hit HR's every at bat rather than do what he has been doing in AAA

CaliforniaChief
08-09-2010, 10:35 PM
Brian Fuentes looks like a raging pedophile.

DeezNutz
08-09-2010, 10:35 PM
Yeah, he needs to keep playing, im sure the royals ****ed with his head so much that he thinks he needs to hit HR's every at bat rather than do what he has been doing in AAA

Seitzer just needs to get in his ear and help him understand that this AAAA, so there's really no difference. South Omaha. No biggie.

CaliforniaChief
08-09-2010, 10:36 PM
Seitzer just needs to get in his ear and help him understand that this AAAA, so there's really no difference. South Omaha. No biggie.

See Deez, that's the difference between you and me. You're a glass half-empty guy (South Omaha) and I'm a half-full guy (Liberty). :D

alnorth
08-09-2010, 10:37 PM
Yall are making it too complicated. How about Kila has had 20 at bats? Thats like having 2 hits after the first 6 games of the season in April, back when no one is paying attention to any stats yet.

CaliforniaChief
Did that foul ball catch Kendall's clit?

DeezNutz
See Deez, that's the difference between you and me. You're a glass half-empty guy (South Omaha) and I'm a half-full guy (Liberty). :D

I don't even think there's a glass. It's more like a puddle on the counter.

CaliforniaChief
08-09-2010, 10:42 PM
Bloomy on deck to hit for Maier. Why not Aviles?

tk13
08-09-2010, 10:42 PM
Yall are making it too complicated. How about Kila has had 20 at bats? Thats like having 2 hits after the first 6 games of the season in April, back when no one is paying attention to any stats yet.

Yeah, everybody is going to sing that tune now. That is not what people were saying a month ago when we supposedly had two guys in AAA who could step right in and do better than the RBI guys in our current lineup (Guillen, Ankiel).

No reason to do anything foolish though. If he stays in this funk a couple more games it's probably time to drop him in the order to take some pressure off.

CaliforniaChief
08-09-2010, 10:43 PM
Great AB.

Sure-Oz
Nice AB gordon

DeezNutz
Nice AB gordon

Yep. Dude has played pretty well since being recalled.

Sure-Oz
Yeah, everybody is going to sing that tune now. That is not what people were saying a month ago when we supposedly had two guys in AAA who could step right in and do better than the RBI guys in our current lineup (Guillen, Ankiel).

No reason to do anything foolish though. If he stays in this funk a couple more games it's probably time to drop him in the order to take some pressure off.

Sarcasm is mostly it, i want to see him do well, that said he shouldn't be batting cleanup, Kendall should be

CaliforniaChief
08-09-2010, 10:44 PM
Well there's my answer.

Sure-Oz
Be nice if that balk never happend

CaliforniaChief
Lay one down here. You've got serious power hitters coming up.

alnorth
08-09-2010, 10:45 PM

uhh, maybe you dont realize just how hilariously irrelevant 20 AB is? It's like a quarterback looking bad 5 minutes into the 2nd quarter of the first game of the season.

We haven't even gotten to the point when we should be thinking "hmmm, he's starting slow"

Sure-Oz
08-09-2010, 10:45 PM
Bunting with the 3 hit guy wtf trost???

Sure-Oz
08-09-2010, 10:46 PM
But Yuni is hot he had a baby, it means he's gonna hit .340 like dejesus

Sure-Oz
08-09-2010, 10:46 PM
Aviles with the bat flip and we got fucked

DeezNutz
08-09-2010, 10:47 PM
Wow. Ok.

Kraus
WTF Gordon?!?

Sure-Oz
Butler told Gordon to play it safe

CaliforniaChief
Let's relive the magic of the Friday night game last time we were here.

BigChiefFan
08-09-2010, 10:49 PM
That's a wrap.

Sure-Oz
08-09-2010, 10:49 PM
Lets make sure the guy that has 9 total AB's gets a chance to tie it

Sure-Oz
08-09-2010, 10:50 PM
Another awesome loss, atleast gordon had a decent game minus that last play there. Hoping to see Kila get something going tomorrow

tk13
08-09-2010, 10:51 PM
uhh, maybe you dont realize just how hilariously irrelevant 20 AB is? It's like a quarterback looking bad 5 minutes into the 2nd quarter of the first game of the season.

We haven't even gotten to the point when we should be thinking "hmmm, he's starting slow"

I don't know where I said otherwise. Hence the "wait a couple days, if he's still struggling drop him down in the order a couple spots."

But if you're going to be aggressive... I would put every dollar I own that people would be going double rainbow on the guy if he had a 1.000 OPS through 20 AB. Long way to go though. I think the bigger sign he's pressing is he's not really taking walks. The hitting will go up and down, once he settles down the walks will pick up, hopefully.

alnorth
08-09-2010, 10:53 PM
I don't know where I said otherwise. Hence the "wait a couple days, if he's still struggling drop him down in the order a couple spots."

But if you're going to be aggressive... I would put every dollar I own that people would be going double rainbow on the guy if he had a 1.000 OPS through 20 AB. Long way to go though. I think the bigger sign he's pressing is he's not really taking walks. The hitting will go up and down, once he settles down the walks will pick up, hopefully.

*shrug* I wouldn't. I would have no reaction at all to 20 AB, unless it was something comical like 20 home runs.

You literally can tell nothing from 20 AB. (or 16 I think if you throw out May)

Sure-Oz
08-09-2010, 10:53 PM

Fuck 'Double Rainbow', it'd be Triple Fucking Rainbow

tk13
08-09-2010, 11:01 PM
Yeah that's probably true true. It'll come. He's not a .100 hitter. I think the worst case scenario with him should be something like a .230 hitter who takes a bunch of walks. He'll surely do better than that though.... as much as I joke, he's not Calvin Pickering.

BWillie
08-09-2010, 11:07 PM

FTR, I agree w/ you. Do you know a stretch of 20 AB's he had in AAA or even AA that was this bleak? I don't know if you'll find one, but Kila is a smart player who will adjust. He did it in AA, he did it in AAA. I don't see how he won't be able to turn it around in AAAA w/ the patience he has.

BWillie
08-09-2010, 11:12 PM

He's hit a couple nice shots pretty deep to the wall hasn't he? I know that may be micro analyzing, but maybe he's just getting unlucky. It's not like he's K'ed a bunch of times

Demonpenz
08-10-2010, 12:23 AM
I don't understand in the american league, why you would "Try to get out" by using a sacrifice bunt. Gordon is playing decent, starting to get that average up, I am sure he will break his arm or something in spring training next year. Ryan was talking up Bobby Abrau on the telecast. Saying he maybe a hall of famer, sorry....no team ever statistacally won more games because of Bobby Freaking Abrau.