PDA

View Full Version : Music Van Halen to release new Album with Roth as frontman

Pages : 1 [2]

Over-Head
02-08-2011, 01:14 PM
But I don't know if there's ever been a case of a band that hasn't worked much or written much as a band in the past 20 years puts out an album that's in line with its legacy.
Meatloaf is the only one I know of that *might* fit this discription if you were looking at his body of work between Bat Out of Hell 1 in 77`, then Bat 2 in 93 accecpt that he did do 4 albums of low success in between

DaneMcCloud
02-08-2011, 01:24 PM
Meatloaf is the only one I know of that *might* fit this discription if you were looking at his body of work between Bat Out of Hell 1 in 77`, then Bat 2 in 93 accecpt that he did do 4 albums of low success in between

The main difference is that Jim Steiner created the Bat Out Of Hell Meatloaf.

He created the concept, wrote and produced all of the songs that appeared on both records. Meatloaf was just the guy that fronted the band.

So in many ways, Bat Out Of Hell and Bat Out Of Hell II are like an Andrew Lloyd Webber musical and Meatloaf was the star of the show.

Over-Head
02-08-2011, 01:41 PM
It's infinitely easier to copy than it is to create..

That said, I certainly have an open mind about the new record and hope it's bad ass.
Agreed, Hell AC-DC been doing that to them selfs for 35 years :D
Eddy and co. had a great influence on many young musicians like my self and our bands at the time.
The origional material we did when I played in `Renigade` in my School years was fueld by imitation VH riffs and hooks over a layer of Great White,LA Gunns, GnR, Faster Pussycat, Cinderella .
IMO they sold themselfs out when they didn`t bother showing for their induction to teh RnR Hall of fame.
No excuse plain and simple
We fans helped put them there, at least ONE of the 3 guys coulda showed up

Now having said all that, I hope this new disk makes me close my eyes and think it`s March 26,1980, or Jan 9, 1984 all over again :thumb:

Halfcan
02-08-2011, 01:42 PM
Chicken foot is pretty rocking- I am looking forward to their new CD more than some crap tracks from VH.

Eddie VH just turned into such an asshole-its hard to get excited about it.

Halfcan
02-08-2011, 01:45 PM
Have you heard the Gene Simmons produced set from 1976? I used to have it and lost it over the years on various hard drives. It's a trip because outside of Dave, the band sounds like Kiss.

Actually I have the original demos of the sessions. Gene put up the cash to get them into and studio and they literally went straight from the bar to the studio. The tracks are raw and uncut and are very good. You can hear the begginings of the first 4 records on there plus the the very first notes that would soon be called ERruption.

DaneMcCloud
02-08-2011, 01:56 PM
Actually I have the original demos of the sessions. Gene put up the cash to get them into and studio and they literally went straight from the bar to the studio. The tracks are raw and uncut and are very good. You can hear the begginings of the first 4 records on there plus the the very first notes that would soon be called ERruption.

Yeah, Dave released them via his website like 10 years ago. It's cool to hear the transformation from 1976 to the band they became just a few years later.

I'm pretty sure they're still floating around out there...

Over-Head
02-08-2011, 02:00 PM
The main difference is that Jim Steiner created the Bat Out Of Hell Meatloaf.

Deffinantly, and with out him Meat took a huge shit.
3 albums worth...And the best part of the 3 was the cover art on Bad Attitude, always was a huge Meatloaf fan, and kept praying him and Jim would re-unite

I read once Steinman gave him a few songs 2 of which were suposed to go on `Midnight at the lost and found` and were given to Air Supply (Making love outa nothing at all), and Bonnie Tyler (Total Eclips of the Hart). But something about Stienman not getting paid by Meats rec company....or something like that

Any truth to it Dane, because I could eaisly see him singing those

Over-Head
02-08-2011, 02:04 PM
Actually I have the original demos of the sessions. Gene put up the cash to get them into and studio and they literally went straight from the bar to the studio. The tracks are raw and uncut and are very good. You can hear the begginings of the first 4 records on there plus the the very first notes that would soon be called ERruption.:thumb::thumb: And I listen to them quite often sir

Rukdafaidas
02-08-2011, 02:05 PM
Yeah, Dave released them via his website like 10 years ago. It's cool to hear the transformation from 1976 to the band they became just a few years later.

I'm pretty sure they're still floating around out there...

Look for Van Halen - Zero

MOhillbilly
02-08-2011, 02:07 PM
i wish jerry & glenn would kiss and make up.

Brock
02-08-2011, 02:24 PM
IMO they sold themselfs out when they didn`t bother showing for their induction to teh RnR Hall of fame.
No excuse plain and simple
We fans helped put them there, at least ONE of the 3 guys coulda showed up

:

I thought it was perfectly fitting they didn't show up. It sums up VH perfectly.

phisherman
02-08-2011, 02:33 PM
i wish jerry & glenn would kiss and make up.

Come on, Walk Among Us reunion tour!

|Zach|
02-08-2011, 02:39 PM
I thought it was perfectly fitting they didn't show up. It sums up VH perfectly.

:bravo:

DaneMcCloud
02-08-2011, 03:04 PM
Look for Van Halen - Zero

Actually, the Van Halen Zero recordings are early Warner Brothers demos and not the same four song demo that Gene Simmons produced.

Easy 6
02-10-2011, 11:14 AM
As for Axl & the rest of GnR ever getting back together, i just dont see it. Axl may be the single most egotistical rock star alive, i remember reading a fan chat on their myspace page back when they were touring for Chinese Democracy & Axl ripped anyone that longed for the old days.

His head is just too big, he'll never humble himself enough to accept the truth & from all i've heard his voice is basically shot anyway.

Reerun_KC
02-10-2011, 11:51 AM
Chicken foot is pretty rocking- I am looking forward to their new CD more than some crap tracks from VH.

I agree with this!

Mile High Mania
02-10-2011, 11:56 AM

IIRC, Eddie was in rehab at the time...

Bowser
02-10-2011, 11:58 AM

I love Chickenfoot's sound. Everyone sounds top notch, but the songs were just shitty. Too many "Oh yeahs" and "Hey Babys". Hopefully they put a little more into the actual songwriting this next album.

Mile High Mania
02-10-2011, 12:02 PM
I just want to see them live again ... I was at this concert and it was great. Is it like they were back in the late 70s, early 80s? No, but it's still a fun time.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/mhp-PBY5jJg" allowfullscreen="" width="480" frameborder="0" height="390"></iframe>

Mile High Mania
02-10-2011, 12:03 PM
Maybe they'll put this on the new album...

<iframe title="YouTube video player" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/DTxZs-pRZ_M" allowfullscreen="" width="480" frameborder="0" height="390"></iframe>

Rausch
02-10-2011, 12:05 PM
And Herschel Walker is going to return to the NFL...

Over-Head
02-10-2011, 02:44 PM
IIRC, Eddie was in rehab at the time... or was about to go in. Alex had squat going on, and where was Roth? I mean at least Mike, and Sammy showed up (not even in the band mind ya)

DaneMcCloud
02-10-2011, 03:35 PM
I love Chickenfoot's sound. Everyone sounds top notch, but the songs were just shitty. Too many "Oh yeahs" and "Hey Babys". Hopefully they put a little more into the actual songwriting this next album.

What you're hearing soundwise is Andy Johns producing a great band of talented musicians at the Skywalker Ranch studio, Skywalker Sound. Unfortunately, they've decided to record at various "home studios" this time out, so I'm wary of what'll sound like (especially the drums).

And while I think the music certainly fit the genre they were going for, Sammy's lyrics were vapid nonsense. That used to fly in the 80's, when we were all dumb teenagers but if you've got a few brain cells left, a good lyric can go a long way and is usually expected.

Their sophomore effort is due in August and I'm hoping for a much stronger collection of songs, although I'll be surprised if that's the case. We kinda just have to take them for what they're worth. I bought the last album on Amazon for $3.99 and it was almost worth it.

DaneMcCloud
03-08-2011, 10:43 AM
Here's why if Van Halen EVER records another album, it'll be a miracle:

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/photos/exclusive-excerpt-surviving-eddie-20110304

It's not that long and pretty damn amazing that Sammy's putting this shit in print. I think most people knew what was going on but for the first time, here's confirmation.

He may have lost a chunk of his tongue to cancer, but he was still smoking cigarettes. He claimed the cancer came from putting the guitar pick in his mouth while he used his fingers to play. He walked around all day drinking cheap shiraz straight out of the bottle. That's why his teeth were all black. "Ed, why don't you get a glass for that?" I said. He held up the bottle. "It's in a glass," he said.

He was living with a pathologist, who kept taking slices off his tongue, to check for cancer. He beat the cancer. He told me he cured himself by having pieces of his tongue liquefied and injected into his body. He also told me when he had his hip replacement, he stayed awake through the operation and helped the doctors drill the hole. What a fruitcake.

Easy 6
03-08-2011, 12:14 PM

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/photos/exclusive-excerpt-surviving-eddie-20110304

It's not that long and pretty damn amazing that Sammy's putting this shit in print. I think most people knew what was going on but for the first time, here's confirmation.

He may have lost a chunk of his tongue to cancer, but he was still smoking cigarettes. He claimed the cancer came from putting the guitar pick in his mouth while he used his fingers to play. He walked around all day drinking cheap shiraz straight out of the bottle. That's why his teeth were all black. "Ed, why don't you get a glass for that?" I said. He held up the bottle. "It's in a glass," he said.

He was living with a pathologist, who kept taking slices off his tongue, to check for cancer. He beat the cancer. He told me he cured himself by having pieces of his tongue liquefied and injected into his body. He also told me when he had his hip replacement, he stayed awake through the operation and helped the doctors drill the hole. What a fruitcake.

Wow, great read & thanx for posting.

Brock
03-08-2011, 12:19 PM

Some of this stuff was leaked online a few years ago. One of the funniest things I read was how Sammy asked the guys for some money to put into the Cabo Wabo brand, and Eddie and Alex weren't interested and told him to just sell it. He bought their shares for pennies on the dollar and turned it into a billion dollar company. LOL

DaneMcCloud
03-08-2011, 12:33 PM
Some of this stuff was leaked online a few years ago. One of the funniest things I read was how Sammy asked the guys for some money to put into the Cabo Wabo brand, and Eddie and Alex weren't interested and told him to just sell it. He bought their shares for pennies on the dollar and turned it into a billion dollar company. LOL

I've shared a few tidbits over the years but the proof will finally be available for all to see that the Van Halen brothers are two of THE dumbest humans on the planet.

Deberg_1990
09-20-2011, 12:18 PM
They are leaving WB, but sounds like they are working on this for real..

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/van-halen-sign-columbia-records-237356

After 35 years at Warner Bros., the band has reportedly left for Sony. An insider tells THR that Columbia A&R executive Stephen Ferrera has been tasked with overseeing a new Van Halen album, its first with David Lee Roth since "1984."
The rumor mill is abuzz with talk of a new Van Halen album -- their first with original singer David Lee Roth since he left the band in 1985, the band's first since 1998's Van Halen III and the first to be released on a label other than Warner Bros. Records, where they spent the better part of 35 years.

Several reports cite that Sony-owned Columbia Records will be Van Halen's new label home, with new music due out in 2012. Indeed, a source tells The Hollywood Reporter, “Nothing has been signed yet, but Columbia has been in the lead for some time,” adding that A&R executive Stephen Ferrera has been tasked with overseeing the album.

Ferrera came to Columbia in June after spending three years at evp of A&R at Island Def Jam, where he worked with such acts as Bon Jovi and Ne-Yo. Before that, he held a senior A&R role at RCA, where he worked with the likes of Kelly Clarkson and Carrie Underwood.

Producer-songwriter John Shanks (Michelle Branch, Melissa Etheridge) tweeted early this year that he was in the studio with the band and THR hears Ross Hogarth (Sick Puppies, John Mellencamp) recently finished mixing the album.

Van Halen's current lineup includes Roth, guitarist Eddie Van Halen, his son and bassist Wolfgang Van Halen and drummer Alex Van Halen.

A Columbia Records rep could not be reached for comment.

Marcus_Halberstram
09-20-2011, 12:21 PM
Van Halen's earlier work was a little too artsy, too intellectual.

Chiefnj2
09-20-2011, 12:32 PM
What will Warner Bro's do without Van Halen?

BigChiefFan
09-20-2011, 12:44 PM

Damn good read. I need that book.

Gonzo
09-20-2011, 01:12 PM
Man, everybody get your mullets and IROC's ready.
Posted via Mobile Device

LiveSteam
09-20-2011, 03:06 PM
Diamond Dave was,is,& will always be a pillowbiter

JUMP. Like that aint a fag song

RedNeckRaider
09-20-2011, 03:16 PM
Eddie Van Halen has taken the role from the Yankees owner. I wonder how long before Dave is fired again? The rock and roll Billy Martin~

MahiMike
09-20-2011, 03:19 PM

JUMP. Like that aint a pillowbiter song

Yeah but good.

rocknrolla
09-20-2011, 03:22 PM
Micheal Anthony is a genius to stay away from that train wreak.

Brock
09-20-2011, 04:00 PM
Micheal Anthony is a genius to stay away from that train wreak.

Michael Anthony would give up a kidney to be back in that band.

Halfcan
09-20-2011, 04:14 PM
Michael Anthony would give up a kidney to be back in that band.

He is in Chicken foot with a new album and tour this year-he could care less about VH

Brock
09-20-2011, 04:15 PM
He is in Chicken foot with a new album and tour this year-he could care less about VH

Yeah, right. That's why Chad Smith is on tour with the Chili Peppers, because Chickenfoot is the new Led Zeppelin. Don't be stupid.

Mile High Mania
09-20-2011, 05:39 PM
Yeah, right. That's why Chad Smith is on tour with the Chili Peppers, because Chickenfoot is the new Led Zeppelin. Don't be stupid.

:clap:

InChiefsHell
09-20-2011, 08:36 PM

JUMP. Like that aint a pillowbiter song

Diamond Dave has probably nailed more pussy than all of us combined.

Dave was the quintessential front man.

Halfcan
09-21-2011, 12:31 PM

I would suggest Any VH fan read the new Sammy Bio RED-it has some great stuff in there.

I was a Big Eddie fan until that book-what a d bag. Anthony had to sell out all his rights to VH songs-so he will Never go back to those f uped assholes.

Brock
09-22-2011, 10:56 AM
I would suggest Any VH fan read the new Sammy Bio RED-it has some great stuff in there.

I was a Big Eddie fan until that book-what a d bag. Anthony had to sell out all his rights to VH songs-so he will Never go back to those f uped assholes.

Yep, he has a free ride on Sammy's coattails for as long as he wants it. He went from being the least important member of a huge band to the least important member of a B-team "supergroup". Of course he would never go back. LMAO

Frazod
09-22-2011, 11:00 AM
Yep, he has a free ride on Sammy's coattails for as long as he wants it. He went from being the least important member of a huge band to the least important member of a B-team "supergroup". Of course he would never go back. LMAO

Did Anthony screw your girlfriend once or something?

He's old, has a good life and a ton of money, and seems to be enjoying himself. Why would he want to go crawling back to the Assbag Brothers?

I don't give a shit about anything Van Halen might do in the future. I wish they'd just go away.

Brock
09-22-2011, 11:20 AM
Did Anthony screw your girlfriend once or something?

He's old, has a good life and a ton of money, and seems to be enjoying himself. Why would he want to go crawling back to the Assbag Brothers?

I don't give a shit about anything Van Halen might do in the future. I wish they'd just go away.

And yet, here you are in a thread titled Van Halen to release new Album with Roth as frontman. All I did was comment on what somebody said about "He's a genius to stay away from that trainwreck" as if he had some kind of choice in the matter. He's the luckiest man on Earth. If he had never met the Van Halen brothers, he'd be working at a car wash.

Frazod
09-22-2011, 11:29 AM
And yet, here you are in a thread titled Van Halen to release new Album with Roth as frontman. All I did was comment on what somebody said about "He's a genius to stay away from that trainwreck" as if he had some kind of choice in the matter. He's the luckiest man on Earth. If he had never met the Van Halen brothers, he'd be working at a car wash.

You know, it's funny, but I can talk about Eddie being a washed-up douche all I want, and I don't have to buy his shitty new album or anything!

This internet stuff - it's pretty cool.

Brock
09-22-2011, 11:30 AM
You know, it's funny, but I can talk about Eddie being a washed-up douche all I want, and I don't have to buy his shitty new album or anything!

This internet stuff - it's pretty cool.

Did Eddie fuck your girlfriend or something?

alpha_omega
09-22-2011, 11:31 AM
When i saw this thread pop up to the front page, i was thinking..."finally, the new album is out". Although, i probably really knew better.

My own fault for getting my hopes up. The disappointment rolls on.

JohninGpt
09-22-2011, 11:33 AM
Did Eddie **** your girlfriend or something?

Yes, her name is Valerie.

Frazod
09-22-2011, 11:34 AM
Did Eddie fuck your girlfriend or something?

Well, I always did have a thing for Valerie Bertinelli - she was my first pubescent TV dream girl crush.

So, yeah, sort of. The bastard.

Brock
09-22-2011, 11:34 AM
Well, I always did have a thing for Valerie Bertinelli - she was my first pubescent TV dream girl crush.

So, yeah, sort of. The bastard.

LMAO I forgot about that.

Brock
12-26-2011, 11:33 AM

BigRedChief
12-26-2011, 01:28 PM

So, yeah, sort of. The bastard.Yep, also guilty of a crush on Valerie back in the day.

LiveSteam
12-26-2011, 01:28 PM
Nice pic of a New York Central 4-6-4 Hudson on the new album cover

http://www.kahndog.com/Photogallery/02-2007/TRN2051HudsonSteamlocoNo.54.jpg

Bowser
12-26-2011, 01:31 PM
I'm pretty sure that this has already been discussed at length in htis thread, but the thought of a new Van Halen album without Michael Anthony just. fucking. sucks.

ChiefFripp
12-26-2011, 01:39 PM
I'm pretty sure that this has already been discussed at length in htis thread, but the thought of a new Van Halen album without Michael Anthony just. ****ing. sucks.

It's not like he's a virtuoso or anything. He was the least noticeable member of the band sonically.

Bowser
12-26-2011, 01:46 PM
It's not like he's a virtuoso or anything. He was the least noticeable member of the band sonically.

It's going to be wierd not hearing his vocals. His singing was a huge part of many of their hits. And, his energy was a huge part of their show.

Just sucks. Seems like he's a great guy. Shame they shut him out when he hooked up with Hagar to do those Cabo shows.

Reerun_KC
12-26-2011, 04:23 PM
Funny this thread pops up. Been listening to some Live VH with Anthony and Hagar...

Sure beats anything that Flaming Dave can put out...

Mile High Mania
12-27-2011, 04:46 AM
It's sad that Michael Anthony will not be a part of it... his harmonies and style were key to the original Van Halen. That being said, Dave held his own and did well on the last tour... hoping for the best on the new material, but with these things it's really just all about seeing another good show live.

That's all I'm looking forward to at this point... good news!

Deberg_1990
01-06-2012, 08:16 AM
This was posted in media center, but thought id repost here as well....Announced tour dates:

http://www.kansascity.com/2012/01/05/3354972/reformed-van-halen-performs-intimate.html#storylink=cpy

The 2012 tour
Date City Venue Sale Date
2/18/12 Louisville, KY KFC Yum! Center January 16
2/20/12 Detroit, MI The Palace of Auburn Hills January 14
2/22/12 Indianapolis, IN Bankers Life Fieldhouse January 14
2/24/12 Chicago, IL United Center January 14
2/28/12 New York, NY Madison Square Garden January 14
3/1/12 New York, NY Madison Square Garden January 14
3/3/12 Uncasville, CT Mohegan Sun Arena January 14
3/5/12 Philadelphia, PA Wells Fargo Center January 14
3/9/12 Buffalo, NY First Niagara Center January 14
3/11/12 Boston, MA TD Garden January 14
3/15/12 Montreal, QC Bell Centre January 14
3/17/12 Toronto, ON Air Canada Centre January 14
3/21/12 Ottawa, ON Scotiabank Place January 14
3/24/12 Atlantic City, NJ Boardwalk Hall TBA
3/28/12 Washington, DC Verizon Center January 14
3/30/12 Pittsburgh, PA Consol Energy Center January 14
4/1/12 Rosemont, IL Allstate Arena January 14
4/10/12 Fort Lauderdale, FL BankAtlantic Center TBA
4/12/12 Tampa, FL St. Pete Times Forum TBA
4/14/12 Orlando, FL Amway Arena TBA
4/16/12 Jacksonville, FL Jacksonville Arena TBA
4/19/12 Atlanta, GA Philips Arena TBA
4/21/12 Greensboro, NC Greensboro Coliseum TBA
4/25/12 Charlotte, NC Time Warner Cable Arena TBA
4/27/12 Nashville, TN Bridgestone Arena TBA
5/1/12 Tulsa, OK BOK Center TBA
5/5/12 Tacoma, WA Tacoma Dome TBA
5/7/12 Vancouver, BC Rogers Arena TBA
5/9/12 Calgary, AB Scotiabank Saddledome TBA
5/11/12 Edmonton, AB Rexall Place TBA
5/17/12 Winnipeg, MB MTS Centre TBA
5/19/12 St. Paul, MN Xcel Energy Center TBA
5/22/12 (Tuesday) Kansas City, MO Sprint Center TBA
5/24/12 Denver, CO Pepsi Center TBA
5/27/12 Las Vegas, NV MGM Grand Garden Arena TBA
6/1/12 Los Angeles, CA STAPLES Center TBA
6/3/12 Oakland, CA Oracle Arena TBA
6/5/12 San Jose, CA HP Pavilion TBA
6/12/12 Anaheim, CA Honda Center TBA
6/14/12 San Diego, CA Viejas Arena TBA
6/16/12 Phoenix, AZ US Airways Center TBA
6/20/12 Dallas, TX American Airlines Center TBA
6/22/12 San Antonio, TX AT&T Center TBA
6/24/12 Houston, TX Toyota Center TBA
6/26/12 New Orleans, LA New Orleans Arena TBA

http://www.kansascity.com/2012/01/05/3354972/reformed-van-halen-performs-intimate.html#storylink=cpy

L.A. Chieffan
01-06-2012, 08:22 AM
if i had free tix id go

Omaha
01-06-2012, 09:26 AM
Holy shit! Wolfgang is slaying it! This sounds like oldschool VH w/ better bass. (Yeah, I know Michael Anthony's vocals will be missed, but DAMN!)

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/B4pJ8ZVxZus" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Carlota69
01-06-2012, 09:32 AM
Holy shit! Wolfgang is slaying it! This sounds like oldschool VH w/ better bass. (Yeah, I know Michael Anthony's vocals will be missed, but DAMN!)

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/B4pJ8ZVxZus" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I saw the tour with David and Wolfgang a few years back and was suprised at how good they sounded. I really didnt expect much at all, and they blew me away. Not only is this good for my radio station and all the promos we are going to have with New VH and a tour, its good for Rock n Roll. Too many people in the radio/music industry want to say rock is dead, and this Vh tour and the excitement around it will be a nice **** you to those who say that.

BTW, apparently the music is from the old Van Halen days--lost tapes kind of stuff. Lyrically I dont know, but musically its from the Old David Days--thats what Im hearing anyways.

Omaha
01-06-2012, 09:39 AM
I saw the tour with David and Wolfgang a few years back and was suprised at how good they sounded. I really didnt expect much at all, and they blew me away. Not only is this good for my radio station and all the promos we are going to have with New VH and a tour, its good for Rock n Roll. Too many people in the radio/music industry want to say rock is dead, and this Vh tour and the excitement around it will be a nice **** you to those who say that.

BTW, apparently the music is from the old Van Halen days--lost tapes kind of stuff. Lyrically I dont know, but musically its from the Old David Days--thats what Im hearing anyways.

People who say rock is dead are too lazy to look for good music.

journeyscarab
01-06-2012, 09:39 AM
:rockon::rockon::rockon:

Garcia Bronco
01-06-2012, 09:41 AM
LOL

ChiTown
01-06-2012, 09:41 AM

Love it!

Carlota69
01-06-2012, 09:51 AM
In my business, people who say that are too scared to program to and target a lifestyle. They just want to go the easy route and program pop stations. That way they dont have to think outside the box. Then, after they blow up rock stations around the country because they dont know how to sell it, they say rock is dead. The Music industry chooses to not inlcude real rock in the award shows and they call someone like Daughtry rock and give him rock record of the year.

In Vegas, my radio station is number 1 in all demos that are important to us, and top 3 in demos that arent. We are killing it. Some fool from Denver radio told me at a party that rock is dead. I told him him we couldnt get more "One-er". He didnt know what to say. He works for the corporate radio assholes that are killing rock radio all over the country because their pussies, and so was he.

Rock is alive and well in Vegas, and I believe in KC still with 98 Rock.

Dayze
01-06-2012, 11:22 AM
Coincidently, they're both named Dave.

http://www.showbiz411.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/dlr.singing.with_.evh-c2012-ann-lawlor.jpg

http://www.littletonair.com/images/Dave%20_with_G61V.jpg

Bowser
01-06-2012, 11:36 AM
Creed reacts to the scheduling that puts them head to head with Van Halen on May 22nd in Kansas City -

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ms61I54CeQA?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Dayze
01-06-2012, 11:40 AM
the Shred Videos never get old. the Creed Shreds seem to be the best.

whoman69
01-06-2012, 12:44 PM

Its funny that the old rockers are making more on tour that the young pop stars.

Last I heard about this album, they were real dissatisfied with the vocals on the first cut.