PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Nick Wright

Bill Lundberg
08-10-2010, 02:28 PM
I used to change the channel the minute this guy opened his mouth. Mostly because his voice annoyed the hell out of me. Then for one day I listened to an entire show, probably because it was all about the Chiefs.

I gotta say. I'm a fan. He is tuned in to the Chiefs and seems to have a good connection with Haley.

He's talking on a great subject today that has been discussed here at length. The difference between "The right" player and the most talented player.

Chocolate Hog
08-10-2010, 02:33 PM
Nick Wright is good because he won't talk about the Royals most of the year.

phisherman
08-10-2010, 02:42 PM
total DA wanna be.

tries too hard to "ask the tough question".

Fish
08-10-2010, 02:51 PM
He's getting good at his Jim Rome impression....

Dayze
08-10-2010, 02:52 PM
his voice is annoying, but I prefer him to the KK/810 infomercials / pointless talk etc.

suds79
08-10-2010, 03:06 PM
I'm a fan of his show.

It's either him or KK.

Nick:

- Talks a lot of Chiefs
- Actually puts in the work and goes to watch practices. (unlike KK)
- Will talk Royals but not very much which is great for me.

KK:

- Royals. zzz
- Golf
- BBQ
- Racin Boys

Makes it pretty easy IMO.

doomy3
08-10-2010, 03:10 PM
He's much better than that moron, Keitzmann (sp?).

Dayze
08-10-2010, 03:12 PM
I'm a fan of his show.

It's either him or KK.

Nick:

- Talks a lot of Chiefs
- Actually puts in the work and goes to watch practices. (unlike KK)
- Will talk Royals but not very much which is great for me.

KK:

- Royals. zzz
- Golf
- BBQ
- Racin Boys

Makes it pretty easy IMO.

^ that.

BWillie
08-10-2010, 03:25 PM
I found it odd that he was just seriously mocking work colleague Bob Fescoe today. Basically calling him stupid and an idiot. They both work for 610

the Talking Can
08-10-2010, 03:36 PM
at least he talks chiefs.....amazing the lengths radio in kc goes to sometime to talk about anything but the only thing people want to hear about....

phisherman
08-10-2010, 03:42 PM
I found it odd that he was just seriously mocking work colleague Bob Fescoe today. Basically calling him stupid and an idiot. They both work for 610

Fescoe was saying the same things about Nick this morning.

BWillie
08-10-2010, 03:43 PM
I like listening to Petro about the Royals....but Nick Wright is getting better at talking Chiefs. I'll give him that.

Dayze
08-10-2010, 03:44 PM
i pretty much change the station if either station is talking about the Royals. There's nothing to discuss about that team; they suck.

Mr. Arrowhead
08-10-2010, 03:52 PM
You can tell Nick Wright amps it up when football season rolls around and he gets to talk about the chiefs pretty much the whole show.

hawkchief
08-10-2010, 03:55 PM
Compared to Keitzman's KSU commercial, Nick Wright is a breath of fresh air. I'd quit listening during that time period due to Keitzman's blatant homerism and outward hate for anything KU. If 610 were smart, they'd hire Petro away from 810 and watch the entire station collapse.

blaise
08-10-2010, 04:02 PM
I don't listen anymore because I moved from KC, but I like Nick. 610 gets too heavy into KU during basketball season for me, but that's the market, so I get that.

BWillie
08-10-2010, 04:26 PM
I don't listen anymore because I moved from KC, but I like Nick. 610 gets too heavy into KU during basketball season for me, but that's the market, so I get that.

It should be disallowed to talk about anything other from Late Night to March. Only KU, all the time.

Silock
08-10-2010, 04:31 PM
I went to high school with Nick Wright. I remember him being a scrawny little fuck that was no good at any sport, and followed all the popular kids around like a lost puppy dog. And he was a wannabe white gangsta.

I still love his show, though.

Stewie
08-10-2010, 04:38 PM
I'm listening more to Nick's show. He still grates on my nerves but KK is getting horribler and horribler :D... I didn't know that was even possible.

Bill Lundberg
08-10-2010, 04:39 PM
I went to high school with Nick Wright. I remember him being a scrawny little **** that was no good at any sport, and followed all the popular kids around like a lost puppy dog. And he was a wannabe white gangsta.

I can see that. He out kicked his coverage with his lady friend, though.

BillSelfsTrophycase
08-10-2010, 05:13 PM
I like listening to Petro about the Royals....but Nick Wright is getting better at talking Chiefs. I'll give him that.

When Wright was up against Petro, I listened to Petro

Now that it's Wright up against Kietzman...I'll listen to Wright all day before I listen to KK drone on and on about his golf game

BWillie
08-10-2010, 05:42 PM
I went to high school with Nick Wright. I remember him being a scrawny little **** that was no good at any sport, and followed all the popular kids around like a lost puppy dog. And he was a wannabe white gangsta.

Where did he go Blue Valley Northwest or some shit?

patteeu
08-10-2010, 05:44 PM
I used to change the channel the minute this guy opened his mouth. Mostly because his voice annoyed the hell out of me. Then for one day I listened to an entire show, probably because it was all about the Chiefs.

I gotta say. I'm a fan. He is tuned in to the Chiefs and seems to have a good connection with Haley.

He's talking on a great subject today that has been discussed here at length. The difference between "The right" player and the most talented player.

I went through the same process and realized that I liked him just before he moved to drive time.

KcMizzou
08-10-2010, 05:47 PM
I went through the same process and realized that I liked him just before he moved to drive time.Me three.

He's come a long way.

ChiefsFanatic
08-10-2010, 07:21 PM

I don't listen to Wright or Fescoe because they are the whiniest radio hosts I have ever heard. Everything they say sounds like the are whining.

soopamanluva
08-10-2010, 07:54 PM

Barstow

Demonpenz
08-10-2010, 08:02 PM
he's alright. Man he doesn't know baseball for shit, but he's alright. No one does baseball like Soren

Nero's Neptune
08-10-2010, 08:04 PM
Yeah.... I listened to Nick today for the first time. My thoughts:

Talks a lot about the Chiefs...which is good. Although there just wasn't much to talk about today so he hammered that point over and over again about the difference between the 2 inside linebackers in the 3-4 defense and why DJ is only considered weak-side by Haley

That stupid rant about Fescoe was just stupid.... and boring.... nothing worse than media attacking media... in the media. It all bores me, just talk about sports, not each other.

All in all, better than KK. I've had enough of BBQ and racin' boys... god it's a terrible show. Only so many times I can listen to that hick say "now that's a pretty neat deal, right there"... that and KK doesn't really seem to know a lot about sports... nor does he do any homework, it seems.

BWillie
08-10-2010, 08:06 PM
Yeah.... I listened to Nick today for the first time. My thoughts:

Talks a lot about the Chiefs...which is good. Although there just wasn't much to talk about today so he hammered that point over and over again about the difference between the 2 inside linebackers in the 3-4 defense and why DJ is only considered weak-side by Haley

That stupid rant about Fescoe was just stupid.... and boring.... nothing worse than media attacking media... in the media. It all bores me, just talk about sports, not each other.

All in all, better than KK. I've had enough of BBQ and racin' boys... god it's a terrible show. Only so many times I can listen to that hick say "now that's a pretty neat deal, right there"... that and KK doesn't really seem to know a lot about sports... nor does he do any homework, it seems.

I thought him adding the "America F*ck Yeah" song behind Fescoe's rant complaining about taking a game to Europe was pretty funny. It did get old, which is one of Nick Wright's weaknesses. He doesn't know when to stop hammering home a certain point or idea causing the listener with ADD to become bored and disinterested after a while.

sandynme
08-10-2010, 08:31 PM
fucccckkk kk and the kkk,the only thing wright does right is screw ba nig,bring back brown i say

|Zach|
08-10-2010, 08:33 PM
fucccckkk kk and the kkk,the only thing wright does right is screw ba nig,bring back brown i say

http://www.ifood.tv/files/u10851/beer.jpg

BWillie
08-10-2010, 08:34 PM

Who is this guy really? That definitely isn't you in your avatar. I don't believe it. Your making this up.

healthpellets
08-10-2010, 09:13 PM

Barstow.

healthpellets
08-10-2010, 09:15 PM
and if you guys didn't listen to him when he had the night show, or even when he was on 9-11, you missed a lot of great shows...and some really bad ones. but he's improved a great deal, and is probably, imo, the best we've got (which for some, might not be seen as a good thing).

Silock
08-10-2010, 09:19 PM
and if you guys didn't listen to him when he had the night show, or even when he was on 9-11, you missed a lot of great shows...and some really bad ones. but he's improved a great deal, and is probably, imo, the best we've got (which for some, might not be seen as a good thing).

Totally agree. It seems like most of the guys that really hate him only heard the early shows, where he was pretty bad and rough. But, he's really hit his stride lately. I'd rather listen to him than any other show in the area.

Listening to 810 during the day is just painful. Advertisement after advertisement... and then they advertise during the show, talk about barbeque, more food, beer, bbq again, maybe some sports, which is usually Royals, and then it all repeats. Ugh.

"Bob" Dobbs
08-10-2010, 09:26 PM
My main complaint about Nick's show is the way he says "NIIICK" before every freaking text. Knock it the fuck off.

Brainiac
08-10-2010, 09:39 PM
He has definitely improved a lot. It helps that Herm is gone, because Nick Wright defended Herm way too much. Shortly before Herm was fired, Nick Wright said over and over and over that the Chiefs needed to keep him.

When that shit started I immediately changed the station.

KcMizzou
08-10-2010, 09:46 PM
Not that it matters at all, but...

I have to admit, I like the bump music to start the show. Run this town.

-King-
08-10-2010, 10:05 PM
I've liked Nick for a while. He doesnt spend too much talking about shit no one wants to hear.

But....Shan Shariff? Holy fuck the guy is stupid. He doesnt even talk sports. He talks about things that surround sports but not the sport itself. He spent a whole hr talking about how his parents never came to his HS tennis games like we could give two shits about that.
Posted via Mobile Device

KcMizzou
08-10-2010, 10:09 PM
I've liked Nick for a while. He doesnt spend too much talking about shit no one wants to hear.
That's my biggest issue with KK. Half of his show is a commercial. Pizza places, sporting goods stores, ticket brokers... on and on.

Wright gets right to the sports, no bullshit.

I've often wondered if that will change when/if he ever starts beating KK in the ratings.

KcMizzou
08-10-2010, 10:13 PM
I still say St. John is good too. He talks about pop culture as much as sports, admittedly. But, he's the only Mizzou guy on KC radio, and he talks MMA and boxing here and there.

wildcat09
08-10-2010, 10:36 PM
Wright is the only reason I listen to 610. Fesco and Shariff annoy the shit out of me.

dirk digler
08-10-2010, 10:44 PM
Listening to 810 during the day is just painful. Advertisement after advertisement... and then they advertise during the show, talk about barbeque, more food, beer, bbq again, maybe some sports, which is usually Royals, and then it all repeats. Ugh.

I find it amusing that they basically have turned into 980 and Don Fortune of 10-15 years ago.

LaChapelle
08-10-2010, 11:01 PM
People are just cozing up to him for training camp
they like to keep close and stay cool in the shadow of his adam's apple

KcMizzou
08-10-2010, 11:04 PM
People are just cozing up to him for training camp
they like to keep close and stay cool in the shadow of his adam's apple

Heh

http://www.iconarchive.com/icons/sykonist/looney-tunes/256/Beaky-Buzzard-icon.png

wazu
08-10-2010, 11:54 PM
The segment that Nick Wright does with Bill Maas is the best sports radio in KC today.

wazu
08-10-2010, 11:55 PM
Wright is the only reason I listen to 610. Fesco and Shariff annoy the shit out of me.

I actually like Fescoe. At least he's a lot better than the last guy they had doing mornings, and tends to keep focus on Chiefs.

KcMizzou
08-10-2010, 11:58 PM
I actually like Fescoe. At least he's a lot better than the last guy they had doing mornings, and tends to keep focus on Chiefs.I can't stand Fescoe... but he's better than Twibell.

810 wins the morning drive. Still.

Chocolate Hog
08-11-2010, 12:13 AM
Fescoe is a peice of shit so is KK. They act like a bunch of bitches since Nebraska left had Mizzou left they would have been happy.

wazu
08-11-2010, 12:16 AM
I can't stand Fescoe... but he's better than Twibell.

810 wins the morning drive. Still.

I've tried to give 810 every chance. Like St. John a lot personality-wise, but it seems like their main focuses are Big 12 and miscellaneous sports I don't care about. I'm pretty much focused on Chiefs/NFL about 8-9 months out of the year. The rest I reserve for Royals. So even though I'm rooting for 810, they lose that battle.

pikesome
08-11-2010, 12:27 AM
Wright's biggest problem IMHO is that he'll get started on a point and go over and over and over it. If the horse wasn't dead when he started it certainly was after he beat it to death.

He's still miles better than KK.

KcMizzou
08-11-2010, 12:33 AM
Wright's biggest problem IMHO is that he'll get started on a point and go over and over and over it. If the horse wasn't dead when he started it certainly was after he beat it to death.

He's still miles better than KK.Yeah, they all do it. The "talking point" of the day... whatever they think will create interest and discussion. Most people don't listen for the full 3 or 4 hours. If you do, I suppose it gets old really fast.

pikesome
08-11-2010, 12:54 AM
Yeah, they all do it. The "talking point" of the day... whatever they think will create interest and discussion. Most people don't listen for the full 3 or 4 hours. If you do, I suppose it gets old really fast.

He'll even do that in a single segment. He'll say something then say it again, then again. Although to be fair almost everyone in radio does the same thing. Petro will get himself worked up about something and keep repeating it, loudly, until he runs out of steam.

Nero's Neptune
08-12-2010, 04:39 PM
My main complaint about Nick's show is the way he says "NIIICK" before every freaking text. Knock it the **** off.

OMG....dude. This. I listened to him today and I just couldn't stand it. NICK!!!! followed by reading an email.... NICK!!!! another email....NICK!!!!! etc, etc, etc.

It was like finger nails on the chalk board, I had to turn him off... just awful.

boogblaster
08-12-2010, 04:53 PM
dont listen to anyone and my local tv station doesnt do hardly any chiefs either

LaChapelle
08-12-2010, 05:17 PM
Charlie Weis or Romeo Crennel
Who do you have the bigger man boob crush on?
Tomorrow's Nick Wright!

DJ's left nut
08-12-2010, 05:26 PM
Nick Wright annoys the piss out of me because he's generally talking about Nick Wright.

Sure, he'll talk Chiefs, but every single damn day he talks about himself - about how great he is, about how tuned in he is, about how he was the youngest this that or the other...

He's a pretentious douche.