PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Seems like everyone is attacking Tyson Jackson

googlegoogle
08-10-2010, 07:07 PM
Everytime I turn on the radio there is something negative about him. He can't be worse than last season.

Anyone at St. Joseph see him workout?

How about a report. Give us a bone.

SNR
08-10-2010, 07:13 PM
After he got blown up on a Dexter McCluster block I saw him doing your mom on the sidelines

Count Zarth
08-10-2010, 07:15 PM
Well, yeah, he is pretty easy to run on. Why shouldn't offensive coordinators attack him?

Dave Lane
08-10-2010, 07:17 PM
I think people are jealous and mad at what they are getting paid. If we had Matt Cassel playing for the vet minimum everyone would be happy. I don't understand that, I want performance and really since there is no cap and the draft picks are already gone I don't have any angst over anything other than they perform better than anyone we have. And they continue to improve.

BWillie
08-10-2010, 07:17 PM
When you are a first round pick and you sucked balls in your first season you should expect that. He should be vastly improved this year though, even though that is likely to be mediocre at best. Look what happened w/ Mario Williams from his first year to next.

OnTheWarpath58
08-10-2010, 07:27 PM
If we had Matt Cassel playing for the vet minimum everyone would be happy.

Uh, no. Everyone (with a brain) wouldn't.

BWillie
08-10-2010, 07:28 PM
I think people are jealous and mad at what they are getting paid. If we had Matt Cassel playing for the vet minimum everyone would be happy. I don't understand that, I want performance and really since there is no cap and the draft picks are already gone I don't have any angst over anything other than they perform better than anyone we have. And they continue to improve.

I don't care what anybody gets paid. I don't pay the guys. Clark Hunt has to worry about that. I just care if they produce.

sandynme
08-10-2010, 07:29 PM
hes a gay ass nick wright loving polesmoker, oh and by the way did anybody know that nicks girlfriend is tysons second cousin?i play madden with them every sunday at noon

munkey
08-10-2010, 07:33 PM
hes a gay ass nick wright loving polesmoker, oh and by the way did anybody know that nicks girlfriend is tysons second cousin?i play madden with them every sunday at noon

ROFL

are you related to:

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/1hvaeHllwtw&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/1hvaeHllwtw&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Count Zarth
08-10-2010, 07:35 PM
Before it's all said and done people will probably hate Tyson Jackson more than Matt Cassel. It won't even be close.

Jackson is going to approach Ryan Sims territory.

chiefzilla1501
08-10-2010, 07:54 PM
Before it's all said and done people will probably hate Tyson Jackson more than Matt Cassel. It won't even be close.

Jackson is going to approach Ryan Sims territory.

Still a lot of ball game left. I don't think he'll ever be worth the pick. But I don't see why he doesn't have potential to be starter material.

Demonpenz
08-10-2010, 07:55 PM
he is running with the 4th team today.

Count Zarth
08-10-2010, 07:55 PM
He was fucking abused as a rookie. He'll be a backup on his next team.

chiefzilla1501
08-10-2010, 07:57 PM
He was ****ing abused as a rookie. He'll be a backup on his next team.

Lots of players get abused as rookies.

Again, I doubt he comes close to living up to the pick. But he can get better. 5-technique is a really mental position and Romeo is one of the best at coaching them up.

DaneMcCloud
08-10-2010, 07:59 PM
It really sucks that Dane McCloud knew that Tyson Jackson sucked ass and was the worst pick in franchise history, but Mr. $5 Million Per Year thought he was the answer at LDE.

:shake:

Pioli's going to need to win a Super Bowl in order for people to forget about TyJack.

DaneMcCloud
08-10-2010, 07:59 PM
Lots of players get abused as rookies.

Again, I doubt he comes close to living up to the pick. But he can get better. 5-technique is a really mental position and Romeo is one of the best at coaching them up.

Rainbows and unicorns

chiefzilla1501
08-10-2010, 08:03 PM
Rainbows and unicorns

I think the idea that a rookie first round pick has room to improve makes a lot more sense than thinking a player has peaked after his rookie season. He'll probably get better. I think his upside is a good not great starter. Yes, I think there's a good chance he's nothing more than a rotational guy. And yes, I think there's some chance he's not even roster worthy.

DaneMcCloud
08-10-2010, 08:05 PM
I think the idea that a rookie first round pick has room to improve makes a lot more sense than thinking a player has peaked after his rookie season. He'll probably get better. I think his upside is a good not great starter.

Of course you do.

You carry around a picture of Pioli's balls in your wallet, just as a reminder of how much you love everything about him.

chiefzilla1501
08-10-2010, 08:08 PM
Of course you do.

You carry around a picture of Pioli's balls in your wallet, just as a reminder of how much you love everything about him.

Yeah. The fact that I said he'll never live up to the pick... that's ball washing.

And the idea that he peaked as a rookie... that's not totally ridiculous.

DaneMcCloud
08-10-2010, 08:14 PM
Yeah. The fact that I said he'll never live up to the pick... that's ball washing.

And the idea that he peaked as a rookie... that's not totally ridiculous.

Really? It's not? Well, from all of the reports, it sure seems to be true.

However, as badly as he sucked last year, it's difficult to imagine he'd be even worse this year, although it's possible.

And let's stop with the Crennel horseshit, okay? "Coaching up" Seymour, Wilfork and Warren is a walk in the park. He didn't do dick with his defensive players and defense in Cleveland. And while I expect the defense to improve during his tenure, that will more likely have more to do with the personnel upgrades and not the coaching.

Not that I expect to see any improvement out of Jackson, whatsoever.

Reerun_KC
08-10-2010, 08:37 PM

So your saying everyone of your draft pick and FA transaction would always be the right pick or move...

You would never fail at running a franchise would you? I cant believe the Owners are passing up a perfect opportunity by not hiring you... Shocked to say the least...

Reerun_KC
08-10-2010, 08:40 PM
It really sucks that Dane McCloud knew that Tyson Jackson sucked ass and was the worst pick in franchise history, but Mr. $5 Million Per Year thought he was the answer at LDE.

:shake:

Pioli's going to need to win a Super Bowl in order for people to forget about TyJack.

ROFL

You mean the draftabulators... The majority of the fans, you know the ones that dont live their lives here bitching all the time, they will forget in 3 years and will have moved on....

Jilted lovers dont forget....

chiefzilla1501
08-10-2010, 08:42 PM
Really? It's not? Well, from all of the reports, it sure seems to be true.

However, as badly as he sucked last year, it's difficult to imagine he'd be even worse this year, although it's possible.

And let's stop with the Crennel horseshit, okay? "Coaching up" Seymour, Wilfork and Warren is a walk in the park. He didn't do dick with his defensive players and defense in Cleveland. And while I expect the defense to improve during his tenure, that will more likely have more to do with the personnel upgrades and not the coaching.

Not that I expect to see any improvement out of Jackson, whatsoever.

You can't make judgments about a player based on their first few weeks of training camp. If it's a few games into the season and he's not a whole lot better from last year, then yes, time to worry.

As for Romeo, c'mon. Let's not be ridiculous. He has an insane amount of experience coaching D-linemen. 1990-1992 Giants, 1993-1996 Pats, 1997-1999 Jets, 2001-2004 Patriots, most of which were 3-4 defenses and most of those defenses were very competitive. I don't know if Romeo is as good a D-coordinator as we think, but it's an uphill battle to claim he's not very good at coaching 3-4 Defensive Linemen. He's probably the most experienced 3-4 D-line coach in the game.

Hog Farmer
08-10-2010, 08:42 PM
When you are a first round pick and you sucked balls in your first season you should expect that. He should be vastly improved this year though, even though that is likely to be mediocre at best. Look what happened w/ Mario Williams from his first year to next.

Mario was a #1 pick. TJ was a 3rd rounder we reached on.

DaneMcCloud
08-10-2010, 08:48 PM
You can't make judgments about a player based on their first few weeks of training camp. If it's a few games into the season and he's not a whole lot better from last year, then yes, time to worry.

As for Romeo, c'mon. Let's not be ridiculous. He has an insane amount of experience coaching D-linemen. 1990-1992 Giants, 1993-1996 Pats, 1997-1999 Jets, 2001-2004 Patriots, most of which were 3-4 defenses and most of those defenses were very competitive. I don't know if Romeo is as good a D-coordinator as we think, but it's an uphill battle to claim he's not very good at coaching 3-4 Defensive Linemen. He's probably the most experienced 3-4 D-line coach in the game.

When he's coached for Parcells and Belichick, his defenses have been decent to very good.

The four years he was on his own, not so much.

I'm expecting an improved defense but I'm not expecting a miracle worker. Especially since for the most part, the front seven is pure shit.

chiefzilla1501
08-10-2010, 08:55 PM
When he's coached for Parcells and Belichick, his defenses have been decent to very good.

The four years he was on his own, not so much.

I'm expecting an improved defense but I'm not expecting a miracle worker. Especially since for the most part, the front seven is pure shit.

I agree with you there. As a Defensive Coordinator.

I'm just pointing out his track record as a Defensive Lines coach. Say what you will about the Parcells tree, I think it says a lot that both Parcells and Bellichick respected the guy enough to continually bring him back to coach their defensive line.

As a coordinator, it has yet to be seen. I actually think his brand of bend-don't-break, 2-gap 3-4 is a bit outdated.

OnTheWarpath58
08-10-2010, 08:57 PM
If we had Matt Cassel playing for the vet minimum everyone would be happy.

So your saying everyone of your draft pick and FA transaction would always be the right pick or move...

You would never fail at running a franchise would you? I cant believe the Owners are passing up a perfect opportunity by not hiring you... Shocked to say the least...

No, I'm saying that even if Cassel was playing for the vet minimum, people with a brain would still be upset with his performance.

But you already knew that.

Reerun_KC
08-10-2010, 08:59 PM
No, I'm saying that even if Cassel was playing for the vet minimum, people with a brain would still be upset with his performance.

But you already knew that.

Of course they would, why wouldnt they be??? I am no where near the draftabulator you are and I am still disappointed in his overall performance...

But still there are 32 NFL teams missing out on one of the greats here, this you cant deny.

notorious
08-10-2010, 09:00 PM
his brand of bend-don't-break, 2-gap 3-4 is a bit outdated.

Yep.

Pittsburgh has it figured out. Confusing blitz packages that put massive pressure on the QB is the ticket.

I am sick of having a defense that sits back and reacts instead of attacking. The Vermeil years ruined me with that piece of shit Cover 2 defense.

OnTheWarpath58
08-10-2010, 09:01 PM
Of course they would, why wouldnt they be??? I am no where near the draftabulator you are and I am still disappointed in his overall performance...

But still there are 32 NFL teams missing out on one of the greats here, this you cant deny.

*Yawn*

Your act is boring me.

chiefzilla1501
08-10-2010, 09:03 PM
Yep.

Pittsburgh has it figured out. Confusing blitz packages that put massive pressure on the QB is the ticket.

I am sick of having a defense that sits back and reacts instead of attacking. The Vermeil years ruined me with that piece of shit Cover 2 defense.

*Sorry... misread. I didn't realize you were agreeing with me. My bad.
Pittsburgh doesn't run the same defense. I'd love to run the Zone blitz scheme.

Romeo runs pure two-gap where you have 5-techniques whose job is to eat up blockers and not be a person who gets much pressure into the backfield. Richard Seymour is an exception to that rule. It's not even close to the same scheme Pittsburgh or Dallas run.

Reerun_KC
08-10-2010, 09:11 PM
*Yawn*

Your act is boring me.

As are you continous rants.....

But hey, its a free country and message board....

Carry on o great draftabulator...

OnTheWarpath58
08-10-2010, 09:23 PM
Looks like we have another student of the "Sauto School of Arguing the Poster, and not the Post."

Not a rant to be found in this thread.

Just a point that Cassel's pay isn't the issue, his play is.

But please, carry on trying to feed your own agenda.

Don't worry, you can have the last word. I'm done with it. No need to let you hijack another thread like your mentor.

Reerun_KC
08-10-2010, 09:31 PM
Looks like we have another student of the "Sauto School of Arguing the Poster, and not the Post."

Don't worry, you can have the last word. I'm done with it. No need to let you hijack another thread like your mentor.

ROFL

Priceless!

Well played.... I cant stop laughing at the irony...

SNR
08-11-2010, 12:21 AM
ROFL

You mean the draftabulators... The majority of the fans, you know the ones that dont live their lives here bitching all the time, they will forget in 3 years and will have moved on....

Jilted lovers dont forget....Are you fucking kidding me? Coming from the poster that STILL bitches about the Herm Edwards years every chance he gets. 99% of the posters have moved on from Herm, yet I still catch you incessently bitching about the guy.

Pot meet fucking kettle

DaneMcCloud
08-11-2010, 01:05 AM
Are you fucking kidding me? Coming from the poster that STILL bitches about the Herm Edwards years every chance he gets. 99% of the posters have moved on from Herm, yet I still catch you incessently bitching about the guy.

Pot meet fucking kettle

Huh?

Herm is Reerun's favorite coach!

Herm is a defensive coach that wanted to build a team through the draft as early as 2006.

Under Herm's watch, standout players like Dwayne Bowe, Tamba Hali, Brendan Albert, Glenn Dorsey, Brendan Flowers, Brendan Carr and Jamaal Charles were drafted. Basically, the nucleus of the current team.

Reerun worships Herm in private but is afraid to worship him in public because, you know.

Herm was fired.

sandynme
08-11-2010, 04:12 AM
jackson to williams is the dumbest shit i ever heard

Marcellus
08-11-2010, 05:01 AM

I agree with this but people are hung up on the $ in an uncapped season which is dumb.

Personally I like the contract because he is due around $7MM in a roster bonus next year that he wont see if he stinks this year.