PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Section 318 Row 36 Monday Night Football

Gracie Dean
08-10-2010, 07:45 PM
have never been to a night game.

I can NOT wait!

Baconeater
08-10-2010, 07:47 PM
Night games are just like day games except they are at night.

OnTheWarpath58
08-10-2010, 07:48 PM

LMAO

Brock
08-10-2010, 07:48 PM
Watch out for the junebugs.

KcMizzou
08-10-2010, 07:49 PM
Night games are just like day games except they are at night.I disagree.

The crowd always seems to be a little more amped up. If the team plays well, it's electric. I'd choose a night game over a day game 10 times out of 10.

OnTheWarpath58
08-10-2010, 07:50 PM
Hope you're in good shape.

You're gonna need a sherpa and a mountain goat to get to those seats.

BWillie
08-10-2010, 07:52 PM

I love night games. Who wants to get up early on a Sunday morning when they are already hung over

Gracie Dean
08-10-2010, 07:52 PM
Hope you're in good shape.

You're gonna need a sherpa and a mountain goat to get to those seats.

yea, it is up there

but we have done it before

Dayze
08-10-2010, 07:53 PM
:rockon:

Deberg_1990
08-10-2010, 07:54 PM
9:15PM start is late for a Central time game?

KcMizzou
08-10-2010, 07:55 PM
9:15PM start is late for a Central time game?2nd part of a Monday Night double header.

Deberg_1990
08-10-2010, 07:56 PM
2nd part of a Monday Night double header.

Yea i know.....but they usually go with a West Coast game for the 2nd game. Oh well..im not gonna complain.

Buck
08-10-2010, 07:57 PM
I disagree.

The crowd always seems to be a little more amped up. If the team plays well, it's electric. I'd choose a night game over a day game 10 times out of 10.

Not really.

I've been a fair amount of night games recently.

Buck
Yea i know.....but they usually go with a West Coast game for the 2nd game. Oh well..im not gonna complain.

Thats what the Chiefs get for playing in the AFC West.

Baconeater
Not really.

Baseball isn't the same.

KcMizzou
08-10-2010, 07:58 PM
Not really.

I've been a fair amount of night games recently.In San Diego?

Brock
08-10-2010, 07:58 PM
Not really.

Not talking about crying Charger fans.

Pablo
08-10-2010, 07:59 PM
Not really.

I've been a fair amount of night games recently.You'll see how fucking amped Arrowhead will be for this night game.

Charger blood will pour.

Buck
08-10-2010, 07:59 PM
Baseball isn't the same.

Hey pal, the Chargers do this thing the Chiefs haven't done recently, called winning. When you win you get night games.

I've been to 3 Padres games the last 3 seasons. I've been to 29 Chargers games.

Buck
08-10-2010, 08:01 PM
In San Diego?

Not talking about crying Charger fans.

You'll see how fucking amped Arrowhead will be for this night game.

Charger blood will pour.

Yes in San Diego. Regardless of what you think, San Diego has been fucking loud lately. I know its not Arrowhead at its peak loud, but it doesn't get louder for night games.

Just the idea of a crowd being more pumped for a night game is stupid. It counts for 1 win or loss on your record just the same. You should, as a fan, always give your team 100% of your support (by yelling when your team is on defense, for example) no matter what time of day it is. Agree?

Brock
08-10-2010, 08:03 PM
Isn't it cute? A Charger fan of all people trying to act like he knows what to do in a football stadium. Go get another fish taco and shut the fuck up.

Pablo
08-10-2010, 08:03 PM
Yes in San Diego. Regardless of what you think, San Diego has been fucking loud lately. I know its not Arrowhead at its peak loud, but it doesn't get louder for night games.

Just the idea of a crowd being more pumped for a night game is stupid. It counts for 1 win or loss on your record just the same. You should, as a fan, always give your team 100% of your support (by yelling when your team is on defense, for example) no matter what time of day it is. Agree?I'm sorry Buck; but in the midwest we have swinging dicks between our legs and we DRINK HEAVILY. You give Chiefs fans an entire day to get ready for a football game as opposed to a few hours in the morning and shit is gonna be loud.

You think San Diego is fucking loud. And that's fine. You don't know any better. Yet.

Baconeater
08-10-2010, 08:04 PM
Hey pal, the Chargers do this thing the Chiefs haven't done recently, called winning. When you win you get night games.

I've been to 3 Padres games the last 3 seasons. I've been to 29 Chargers games.
Last year isn't what I'd call "recently".

Pasta Giant Meatball
Not really.

Denver-KC Thanksgiving disagrees.

Buck
Isn't it cute? A Charger fan of all people trying to act like he knows what to do in a football stadium. Go get another fish taco and shut the fuck up.

Oh hey, that same tired fucking argument I hear every time I try to say something related to football.

Pablo
08-10-2010, 08:07 PM
In KC; we're good at 3 things.

Counting and drinking.

KcMizzou
08-10-2010, 08:09 PM

Counting and drinking.LMAO

KcMizzou
08-10-2010, 08:09 PM
I'm sorry Buck; but in the midwest we have swinging dicks between our legs and we DRINK HEAVILY. You give Chiefs fans an entire day to get ready for a football game as opposed to a few hours in the morning and shit is gonna be loud.

You think San Diego is fucking loud. And that's fine. You don't know any better. Yet.Rep worthy.

Pasta Giant Meatball
08-10-2010, 08:11 PM

Counting and drinking.

What about driving camaros and mullets :D

Buck
08-10-2010, 08:11 PM
I'm sorry Buck; but in the midwest we have swinging dicks between our legs and we DRINK HEAVILY. You give Chiefs fans an entire day to get ready for a football game as opposed to a few hours in the morning and shit is gonna be loud.

You think San Diego is fucking loud. And that's fine. You don't know any better. Yet.

I already said SD isn't as loud as KC is, I'm not retarded.

All I can go by is what I've sat through, and thats multiple false start penalties and burned time outs per game at Qualcomm because of the noise.

Pablo
08-10-2010, 08:14 PM
I already said SD isn't as loud as KC is, I'm not retarded.

All I can go by is what I've sat through, and thats multiple false start penalties and burned time outs per game at Qualcomm because of the noise.I don't doubt it's loud.

My iPod is loud when I turn it all the way up and listen to Slayer.

Whenever I stick my ear directly in the exhaust pipe of my buddy Steve's IROC and he redlines that bitch it's even louder.

Qualcomm is an iPod(playing Bungle in the Jungle)

Arrowhead is an IROC(cassette tape playing Priest)

Buck
08-10-2010, 08:16 PM
I don't doubt it's loud.

My iPod is loud when I turn it all the way up and listen to Slayer.

Whenever I stick my ear directly in the exhaust pipe of my buddy Steve's IROC and he redlines that bitch it's even louder.

Qualcomm is an iPod(playing Bungle in the Jungle)

Arrowhead is an IROC(cassette tape playing Priest)

Qualcomm is at least Aqualung.

Buck
08-10-2010, 08:18 PM
The good thing is I'll be able to compare, although that's not what I'm even arguing. I already know KC is louder.

Maybe its just me yelling during every defensive play so I cant hear the rest of the stadium anyways, but the 2 loudest games I've ever been to were the Bengals @ Chargers (1 pm start) 2009 and Jets @ Chargers playoff game (2009 season). That was a day game too, but that one doesn't count, obviously.

munkey
08-10-2010, 08:21 PM
who's playing?

ElGringo
08-10-2010, 08:23 PM
I would say the crowd is more pumped, and louder not because of time of day, but rather all night games are nationally televised. 2 options, make an ass out of yourself in front of the local viewing market (KC's television broadcast has been incredibly small) or make an ass out of yourself in front of the entire nation (and you have to work hard just to keep up). Time of day, not important, I know a lot of people that would just stay awake drinking on a Saturday night to go to a Sunday game that would be nationally televised (such as playoffs).

Baconeater
08-10-2010, 08:26 PM
The good thing is I'll be able to compare, although that's not what I'm even arguing. I already know KC is louder.

Maybe its just me yelling during every defensive play so I cant hear the rest of the stadium anyways, but the 2 loudest games I've ever been to were the Bengals @ Chargers (1 pm start) 2009 and Jets @ Chargers playoff game (2009 season). That was a day game too, but that one doesn't count, obviously.
It depends on where you're sitting...if you're up high you won't notice the noise as much.

KcMizzou
08-10-2010, 08:39 PM
who's playing?Heh.

Chargers @ Chiefs

KcMizzou
08-10-2010, 08:43 PM
I would say the crowd is more pumped, and louder not because of time of day, but rather all night games are nationally televised. 2 options, make an ass out of yourself in front of the local viewing market (KC's television broadcast has been incredibly small) or make an ass out of yourself in front of the entire nation (and you have to work hard just to keep up). Time of day, not important, I know a lot of people that would just stay awake drinking on a Saturday night to go to a Sunday game that would be nationally televised (such as playoffs).Sounds like a terrible plan. Who wants to be exhausted and nearly in a drunken coma when the game starts?

There's a balance. A real nice buzz is great, but you don't want to be sloppy drunk. There's a football game to watch, and that's important.

Sloppy drunk is for victory celebrations.

OnTheWarpath58
08-10-2010, 09:00 PM
Sounds like a terrible plan. Who wants to be exhausted and nearly in a drunken coma when the game starts?

There's a balance. A real nice buzz is great, but you don't want to be sloppy drunk. There's a football game to watch, and that's important.

Unless you're sitting in front of Me, Fish and Coach at the Cleveland game.

That dude was in and out of consciousness 5 minutes into the game.

We moved because we knew there'd be a problem eventually.

ElGringo
08-10-2010, 09:00 PM
Sounds like a terrible plan. Who wants to be exhausted and nearly in a drunken coma when the game starts?

Never said it was a good idea, and did say their goal was making an ass of themself in front of a national audience. "True fans" don't care what time the game is, or who gets to see it, only that their team wins.

RustShack
08-10-2010, 09:09 PM
I'm gonna be at this game.. I could go look at the ticket to find out where for sure.. but I know its lower level on the 20! Mmm Git sum!

luv
08-10-2010, 10:06 PM

Counting and drinking.

So, we're not very good drinkers?

thurman merman
08-10-2010, 10:45 PM

false.

Guru
08-10-2010, 10:56 PM
It depends on where you're sitting...if you're up high you won't notice the noise as much.Bullshit!!! Those games in the 90's were deafening and I always sat in the upper level.

luv
08-10-2010, 10:57 PM
Bullshit!!! Those games in the 90's were deafening and I always sat in the upper level.

So, then imagine sitting in the lower level.

Baconeater
08-10-2010, 11:03 PM
Bullshit!!! Those games in the 90's were deafening and I always sat in the upper level.
Believe me, it makes a difference when everybody is screaming behind you as opposed to in front of you. The sound travels towards the field. My season tix at Nebraska were 7 rows up from the end zone and it was absolutely freaking deafening there, there were times I was screaming at the top of my lungs and could not hear myself at all. Now whenever I go I end up 70 rows up in the nosebleeds and it's nowhere near as loud.

KcMizzou
08-10-2010, 11:06 PM
Believe me, it makes a difference when everybody is screaming behind you as opposed to in front of you. The sound travels towards the field. My season tix at Nebraska were 7 rows up from the end zone and it was absolutely freaking deafening there, there were times I was screaming at the top of my lungs and could not hear myself at all. Now whenever I go I end up 70 rows up in the nosebleeds and it's nowhere near as loud.Imagine being on the field. :eek:

KCrockaholic
08-10-2010, 11:11 PM
Believe me, it makes a difference when everybody is screaming behind you as opposed to in front of you. The sound travels towards the field. My season tix at Nebraska were 7 rows up from the end zone and it was absolutely freaking deafening there, there were times I was screaming at the top of my lungs and could not hear myself at all. Now whenever I go I end up 70 rows up in the nosebleeds and it's nowhere near as loud.

Dude, you have people in front of you too, facing you, not just behind you.

KcMizzou
08-10-2010, 11:12 PM
Dude, you have people in front of you too, facing you, not just behind you.Sure, but they're far away. He's right.

KCrockaholic
08-10-2010, 11:16 PM
Sure, but they're far away. He's right.

I don't doubt it. Somebody should do a test of this sometime.

Bearcat
08-10-2010, 11:23 PM

Yep... my first few games in the upper deck were loud, but my first game in the lower bowl was 5 rows from the 30 yard line, and it redefined how I thought of Arrowhead as being loud.

So long ago...... :sulk: ...one time last year, JC had a ~50 yard TD run and the defense made a stop the next drive, and the crowd was just loud enough that it brought back faint memories of when Arrowhead freakin' rocked..... then we fumbled or some crap and the 30,000 of us shut up and went home.

KcMizzou
08-10-2010, 11:29 PM
Yep... my first few games in the upper deck were loud, but my first game in the lower bowl was 5 rows from the 30 yard line, and it redefined how I thought of Arrowhead as being loud.

So long ago...... :sulk: ...one time last year, JC had a ~50 yard TD run and the defense made a stop the next drive, and the crowd was just loud enough that it brought back faint memories of when Arrowhead freakin' rocked..... then we fumbled or some crap and the 30,000 of us shut up and went home.The only Chiefs game I was at last season, Charles fumbled a kickoff return against the Giants. Right in front of me. I felt the urge to try and grab the ball...lol

Best seats I've ever had, and I get stuck with that play. Luckily, Charles went into beast mode in the second half of the season and redeemed himself.

Bearcat
08-10-2010, 11:38 PM
The only Chiefs game I was at last season, Charles fumbled a kickoff return against the Giants. Right in front of me. I felt the urge to try and grab the ball...lol

Best seats I've ever had, and I get stuck with that play. Luckily, Charles went into beast mode in the second half of the season and redeemed himself.

I know the feeling... William Bartee didn't turn his f***ing head on what became a TD right in front of me once and I felt the urge to try reaching out and strangling him.

joesomebody
08-11-2010, 12:53 AM
I'm in Section 303, row 27. Can't wait!

Chocolate Hog
08-11-2010, 01:01 AM

It will be for the Texas game.

I think as funny as it sounds some of the MNF game might depend on how we do in the pre-season. Seems like we go 0-4 every year and I think alot of us are no longer sold that this team is worth a shit. If they win a few pre-season games and look good alot of people including myself will believe we have a chance at beating San Digeo and will be more into the game.

KCHawg
08-11-2010, 01:06 AM
:rockon:When you are doing the opening ceremony on the field, and can't hear the 4-ship A-10 flyover because of the crowd..............that's fucking loud!:rockon:

kcmaxwell
08-11-2010, 06:05 AM
im in section 318, row 40! we can hike up together!!

milkman
08-11-2010, 09:47 AM
I know the feeling... William Bartee didn't turn his f***ing head on what became a TD right in front of me once and I felt the urge to try reaching out and strangling him.

Perhaps you should have just reached out and cracked his stiff neck.

KurtCobain
08-11-2010, 10:33 AM
I gotta get tickets, damnit.

Old Dog
08-11-2010, 10:45 AM
Looking on what they're selling for on E-bay and Craigslist I almost wish I would have bought a few more than I did (bought 4 of their 2-packs). I hate the thought of possibly having to eat them though.

OnTheWarpath58
08-11-2010, 10:59 AM
Looking on what they're selling for on E-bay and Craigslist I almost wish I would have bought a few more than I did (bought 4 of their 2-packs). I hate the thought of possibly having to eat them though.

You won't eat them.

I can't believe people are paying $300 for a pair of upper level seats.

I'm waiting to put mine on Ebay until we get closer to gameday. People will get desperate and really overpay.

boogblaster
08-11-2010, 11:01 AM
last one i went to was a thursday nite game between chiefs and faiders .. nick the kick kicked like a 50 yarder in the rain to win it ....

Old Dog
08-11-2010, 11:02 AM
Yeah, at this point I'm seriously considering selling the ones I was planning to sit in. I am (was) certainly planning on going to the game, but could see just as well from home.

luv
08-11-2010, 11:03 AM
Section 122, row 15