PDA

View Full Version : Football ESPN Clayton: Raiders primed to end losing streak

Ugly Duck
08-10-2010, 07:55 PM
Al Davis heh-heh:

Defensive front seven gives Oakland plenty of reason to be optimistic

NAPA, Calif. -- This is the best I've felt about a Raiders team in years. Two years ago, I forecast a seven- or eight-win season based on an easy Raiders schedule. That prediction turned out wrong as Oakland finished 5-11. What I saw on the practice field Monday indicates that -- regardless of the schedule -- the Raiders are headed in the right direction. One of the problems in recent years is that the Raiders seemed like a baseball team swinging for the fences instead of just getting singles and moving forward. Davis would be mesmerized by incredible 40-yard times and athletic abilities instead of just getting good football players. In the offseason, the Raiders added good players in linebacker Rolando McClain, defensive end Lamarr Houston, quarterback Jason Campbell and linebacker Kamerion Wimbley, just to name a few. Yes, it looks like the Raiders' seven-year streak of 10 or more losses per season might end in 2010. Here are three observations from Raiders camp:

The defensive front seven is the best the Raiders have put together in years. Houston, a second-round pick, wouldn't back down against veterans in minicamp practices and immediately vaulted into the starting lineup at left end. That was important because it allowed Richard Seymour to move to defensive tackle. The Raiders have struggled against the run the past four seasons, giving up an average of 148.8 rushing yards a game. Seymour and Tommy Kelly should anchor the run defense and occupy enough blockers for McClain, the first-round choice, to get free to make a ton of tackles. McClain already has established himself as one of the leaders on the defense. He makes the calls and he should make the plays. The Raiders also signed former Jaguars defensive tackle John Henderson to help out for 20-25 plays a game as a run-stopper. The Raiders are deep at tackle with Seymour, Kelly, Henderson, and Desmond Bryant. Getting Wimbley from the Browns was a steal. He'll play the strong side, but he offers pass-rushing ability if needed. The veteran who feels the best about the changes is cornerback Nnamdi Asomugha. Losing frustrated him, but he now plays for a defense that could make a difference.

Speaking of difference-makers, I love the Hue Jackson addition. Quarterback Jason Campbell might be the best player addition, but Jackson might be the most important offseason addition. The Raiders' new offensive coordinator is doing amazing things with the offense. Davis wants to stress getting the ball downfield. Jackson is satisfying Davis' desires in that regard, but he's mixing in plenty of other things to update the offense, including short, quick passes to build confidence for the receivers. Jackson has done his best work with Campbell. In Washington, Campbell wasn't considered much of a leader by upper management. Campbell explained that was because he was a young quarterback trying to work with an older, veteran team. In Oakland, Campbell works with loads of younger players who are looking to him for leadership. Jackson is giving his quarterback an offense that should help him gain confidence and allow the players to follow Campbell's lead. Even though head coach Tom Cable has a strong background in offensive line play, blocking is a concern. In run-blocking drills Monday, the defense blew up the offense on eight consecutive plays. Cable got involved and fixed some of those problems, but the offensive line must develop consistency. Cable plans to go with Mario Henderson and Langston Walker at tackle, Robert Gallery and Cooper Carlisle at guard, and Samson Satele as center.

Most improved player: Darrius Heyward-Bey DHB -- who had just nine catches as a rookie last season -- has noticeably improved his pass-catching skills. Instead of letting the ball come to him, Heyward-Bey is attacking the ball and snatching it with his hands. Part of the success can be attributed to Jackson's schemes. The offensive coordinator has designed quick routes in which DHB can run to a spot and make a quick turn. He's also catching quicker, shorter passes that emphasize his running ability. But unlike last season, Heyward-Bey is playing with confidence. Let's face it, the Raiders' receiving corps is untapped because former starting quarterback JaMarcus Russell couldn't get the ball to wide receivers. No receiver on the roster has better than a 34-catch season. DHB, Chaz Schilens, Louis Murphy and Todd Watkins have only 95 catches combined during their NFL careers.

John Clayton, a recipient of the Pro Football Hall of Fame's McCann Award for distinguished reporting, is a senior writer for ESPN.com.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp10/columns/story?columnist=clayton_john&id=5451770

Over-Head
08-11-2010, 06:34 AM
I agree, we are back, better than ever, not SB contenders quite yet, BUT a solid team no less. I see a wild card in our very near future

Von Dumbass
08-11-2010, 06:37 AM
The Raiders will be picking in the top 10 next year. They are a dumb football team from the owner to the head coach down to the players.

milkman
08-11-2010, 06:40 AM
The Raiders will be picking in the top 10 next year. They are a dumb football team from the owner to the head coach down to the players.

LMAO

Irony at it's best!

milkman
08-11-2010, 06:42 AM
I agree, we are back, better than ever, not SB contenders quite yet, BUT a solid team no less. I see a wild card in our very near future

As much as a hate you useless bastards (the general "you" referencing the Raiders), if any team in this division competes with the Chargers this season, it will be you useless bastards.

TheGuardian
08-11-2010, 06:42 AM
The Raiders will still be picking top 10 next year. That team is still atrocious.

Hog Farmer
08-11-2010, 06:52 AM
The Raiders and Broncos will be picking in the top 10 next year. They are dumb football teams from the owners to the head coaches down to the players.

Fixed it you dumb ass

Garcia Bronco
08-11-2010, 07:48 AM
Raiders will win the division this year. Mark it down.

HemiEd
08-11-2010, 08:00 AM

That would suck worse than the Broncos winning it.

TheGuardian
08-11-2010, 08:13 AM

No they won't.

Every year it's the year the raiders turn it around. That's going on about what, 8 or 9 years now. And every year, there it is. "Raiders are on the rise!" ROFL

boogblaster
08-11-2010, 08:19 AM
Faiders always shoot themselves .. this year prolly wont differ ....

Nzoner
08-11-2010, 08:20 AM
As much as a hate you useless bastards (the general "you" referencing the Raiders), if any team in this division competes with the Chargers this season, it will be you useless bastards.

Unfortunately,I agree,Campbell may not be a great QB but he's 1000x better than JaMarcuss and as much as it pains me to say it the Raiders improved dramatically with the move.

Ugly Duck
08-11-2010, 08:24 AM

Dude! You made my day! Conventional wisdom is to expect the opposite of what you say.... thanks!

P.S. Raider QB injuries prompt Al Davis to bring in his own "Tebow"

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/images/photos/001/005/588/81958399_crop_340x234.jpg?1281505355

Tuesday, August 10, 2010 Raiders may have lucked out with a steal

NAPA, CA (KGO) -- The Oakland Raiders begin the pre-season this Thursday in Dallas. One of the quarterbacks who figures to get significant playing time is former University of Hawaii quarterback Colt Brennan, who was cut by the Redskins just a few days ago, but has a golden arm. Brennan was one of the most prolific passers in NCAA history. He threw for over 14,000 yards, 131 touchdowns, and took Hawaii to the Sugar Bowl in 2007. He grew up a Raider fan in Southern California and can't believe he is now wearing the silver and black.

Brennan had four surgeries in his two years with the Washington Redskins, was released last week, and the Raiders scooped him up off the waiver wire. Coach Tom Cable likes what he sees in this young guy. "If you watch him, he does a pretty good job of putting it on receives, leading them, timing it up over the top and he has a knack for some of these things," says Cable. Brennan may turn out to be a great deal for the Raiders.

Heisman Trophy finalist (2007)
# Second all-time in most career touchdowns responsible for (146). Achieved November 23, 2007.
# NCAA record for most 400 yard games (20). Achieved in 2007.
# Tied NCAA record for most career touchdown passes by a quarterback-receiver combination (39 to Davone Bess). Achieved November 23, 2007.
# NCAA single-season record for most touchdown passes, achieved in 2006 (58)
# NCAA two-season record for most touchdown passes, (96, achieved 2006-2007)
# NCAA record for passing efficiency (season), posting a 186.0 mark in 2006
# NCAA record for most points responsible for (season) with 385. (2006)
# NCAA record for highest pass completion percentage (70.4%).
# Second all-time in career touchdown passes (131) behind Graham Harrell.
# Fourth all-time in total passing yards with 14,193

CaliforniaChief
08-11-2010, 08:26 AM
I'm not sure he's the right guy, but at least Al Davis stuck with his coach. It brings some stability to them.

Aries Walker
08-11-2010, 09:33 AM
They feel good about their team, even though that's all based on sloppy seconds from the Redskins?

Goldmember
08-11-2010, 09:34 AM
Tuesday, August 10, 2010 Raiders may have lucked out with a steal

NAPA, CA (KGO) -- The Oakland Raiders begin the pre-season this Thursday in Dallas. One of the quarterbacks who figures to get significant playing time is former University of Hawaii quarterback Colt Brennan, who was cut by the Redskins just a few days ago, but has a golden arm. Brennan was one of the most prolific passers in NCAA history. He threw for over 14,000 yards, 131 touchdowns, and took Hawaii to the Sugar Bowl in 2007. He grew up a Raider fan in Southern California and can't believe he is now wearing the silver and black.

Brennan had four surgeries in his two years with the Washington Redskins, was released last week, and the Raiders scooped him up off the waiver wire. Coach Tom Cable likes what he sees in this young guy. "If you watch him, he does a pretty good job of putting it on receives, leading them, timing it up over the top and he has a knack for some of these things," says Cable. Brennan may turn out to be a great deal for the Raiders.

Heisman Trophy finalist (2007)
# Second all-time in most career touchdowns responsible for (146). Achieved November 23, 2007.
# NCAA record for most 400 yard games (20). Achieved in 2007.
# Tied NCAA record for most career touchdown passes by a quarterback-receiver combination (39 to Davone Bess). Achieved November 23, 2007.
# NCAA single-season record for most touchdown passes, achieved in 2006 (58)
# NCAA two-season record for most touchdown passes, (96, achieved 2006-2007)
# NCAA record for passing efficiency (season), posting a 186.0 mark in 2006
# NCAA record for most points responsible for (season) with 385. (2006)
# NCAA record for highest pass completion percentage (70.4%).
# Second all-time in career touchdown passes (131) behind Graham Harrell.
# Fourth all-time in total passing yards with 14,193

I wish the Chiefs would have picked him up as the third QB. I think the Raiders will challenge SD for the division.

InChiefsHell
08-11-2010, 09:57 AM

Heh. I see what you did there...

vailpass
08-11-2010, 10:06 AM
Many have said Oakland got better through the draft over the last couple of years and then took the next step when they admitted the JaMarcus mistake.
IMHO there is no reason to think they can't compete this year in the very mediocre AFC West.

Otter
08-11-2010, 10:38 AM
I'm not worried, as long as Al has input on the which direction the team takes he'll find an almost comical way to screw the pooch.

Head Coach: "Al, great news! We're 10-0, a lock to win the AFC West and it looks like we'll be in the playoffs this year!"

Al: "That is good news. You're fired! I'm bringing in someone with the moxie and grit who could lead us down this final stretch to World Cup of football! Tom, I want you to meet Tony Danza from the 1980's sitcom "Who's the Boss", our new head coach".

Tom: "That's not Tony Danza, it's a cardboard cutout of Joe Piscipo, 1980's stand up comedian".

Al: "I'm paying him $20 million for the remaining six games six games. To the ship!".

Coogs
08-11-2010, 10:41 AM
I have said this before, and I may be in the minority on this, but I look forward to the day when the Chiefs and the Raiders are again at the top of the AFC. Those Chiefs/Raiders games are the best... by far!

milkman
08-11-2010, 10:46 AM
I have said this before, and I may be in the minority on this, but I look forward to the day when the Chiefs and the Raiders are again at the top of the AFC. Those Chiefs/Raiders games are the best... by far!

I get what you're saying.

The old Chief-Raider rivalry was more intense and heated than any other.

But that riavlry hasn't had that same intensity since the mid 70s.

Brock
08-11-2010, 10:47 AM
These guys are perpetually at the precipice of turning the corner. I'll believe it when I see it.

Coogs
08-11-2010, 10:54 AM

I know. Loved those games. Would love to see that return at some point in my lifetime.

CoMoChief
08-11-2010, 10:55 AM
They have a pretty good defense.

Fatmarcus Russell isn't their QB anymore (which is an upgrade by default)

If they can generate some offense they're gonna be a team in the soon future that's going to create some problems in the division.

The sooner Tebow plays under center, the sooner I get to LMAO. Taking him in the first round, let alone trading up to get him is something Al Davis would do. McDumbass and Co IMO are going to be bottom dwellers in this division here in a few years. DEN's secondary is hanging on by a thread w/ a broke dick grandpa safety in Dawkins and Bailey IMO won't be worth a crap in about 2 yrs. Their front 7 is worse than the Chiefs. Clady is the most overrated OT in the NFL and Kyle Orton is currently their starting QB. I'd even take Cassel over Orton.

San Diego will prob take the division this year and possibly next, but that window's closing awfully fast. They still have some pro bowlers on that team. If in the near future OAK and KC and fight for the top of the division, it's going to be A LOT of fun to watch.

highBOLTage
08-11-2010, 11:01 AM
The Raiders will be picking in the top 10 next year.

Unlikely. They traded their top 10 pick to the Patriots.

Coogs
08-11-2010, 11:02 AM
If in the near future OAK and KC and fight for the top of the division, it's going to be A LOT of fun to watch.

This! Closest thing we have had to the 70's was when the Rison TD pass in the closing seconds many moons ago. Hell, I was jumping around my house cheering at midnight for several minutes. I would love to have every single Chiefs/Raiders game be meaningful in the grand scheme of things in the AFC again. Good times!

Saul Good
08-11-2010, 12:05 PM
Tom Cable is going to lead them to a division crown? That makes sense.

Rain Man
08-11-2010, 12:17 PM
Tom Cable is going to lead them to a division crown? That makes sense.

Maybe he threatened to beat their wives if they don't win.

SDChiefs
08-11-2010, 12:19 PM
The Raiders are still the Raiders. Unless Al Davis dies or realizes this isn't the '80s anymore then I don't see them accomplishing anything.

B_Ambuehl
08-11-2010, 12:27 PM
Cable plans to go with Mario Henderson and Langston Walker at tackle,

Until they fix this problem they can't go anywhere. These 2 guys are just as bad as our Oline was with the combination of I-65 and Kyle Turley only the Raiders have been trying to make it work for 3 years now. They haven't had a legitimate tackle in longer than that. Jason Campbell could probably be a pretty decent quarterback but he'll be lucky to hold up 5 games into the season. I don't see them being able to do enough in the passing game to win more than their usual ~5 games unless they can run consistently for 200 yds/game.

Amnorix
08-11-2010, 01:13 PM

As a fan of the team owning their first round pick, I very much hope you're right.

I think, however, that they will be picking in the teens, which is disappointing.

Molitoth
08-11-2010, 01:54 PM
No they won't.

Every year it's the year the raiders turn it around. That's going on about what, 8 or 9 years now. And every year, there it is. "Raiders are on the rise!" ROFL

This. ^^^

Just Passin' By
08-11-2010, 01:57 PM
As a fan of the team owning their first round pick, I very much hope you're right.

I think, however, that they will be picking in the teens, which is disappointing.

This. The Raiders were 3-4 with Frye/Gradkowski, and that's not exactly a hall of fame QB duo there. I don't know where the Raiders will end up, but the QB upgrade should be significant enough to make it interesting.

Garcia Bronco
08-11-2010, 02:05 PM
No they won't.

Their front 7 is about the best in the AFC. They have a better QB. They have moved to the ZBS. They have one of th best corners in the league. In short, they can defend and run the ball the last two years. they just couldn't throw the ball. Now they will be able to do so. Sorry, but they can certainly win the West.

Jawshco
08-11-2010, 02:38 PM
The AFC West is so mediocre, the only thing that would surprise me would be the Chiefs winning the division. The Chargers are most likely the best, and
Broncos are most likely the worst, but the whole div is up for grabs IMO. I wouldn't bet on any of them.

the Talking Can
08-11-2010, 02:47 PM
The defensive front seven is the best the Raiders have put together in years. Houston, a second-round pick, wouldn't back down against veterans in minicamp practices and immediately vaulted into the starting lineup at left end. That was important because it allowed Richard Seymour to move to defensive tackle. The Raiders have struggled against the run the past four seasons, giving up an average of 148.8 rushing yards a game. Seymour and Tommy Kelly should anchor the run defense and occupy enough blockers for McClain, the first-round choice, to get free to make a ton of tackles. McClain already has established himself as one of the leaders on the defense. He makes the calls and he should make the plays. The Raiders also signed former Jaguars defensive tackle John Henderson to help out for 20-25 plays a game as a run-stopper. The Raiders are deep at tackle with Seymour, Kelly, Henderson, and Desmond Bryant. Getting Wimbley from the Browns was a steal. He'll play the strong side, but he offers pass-rushing ability if needed. The veteran who feels the best about the changes is cornerback Nnamdi Asomugha. Losing frustrated him, but he now plays for a defense that could make a difference.

that could be a solid defense....

Ugly Duck
08-11-2010, 03:07 PM
Until they fix the (Henderson and Walker at OT) problem they can't go anywhere.

Here's what they are doing at camp:

LT 6-7 300 lbs Mario Henderson
LG 6-7 325 lbs Robert Gallery
C.. 6-8 321 lbs Jared Veldheer
RG 6-7 315 lbs Bruce Campbell
RT 6-8 366 lbs Langston Walker

Interesting thing - they were all drafted as OTs. An entire line made up of OTs & not a good one in the lot.

notorious
08-11-2010, 03:07 PM
The Raiders were a few simple pass completions from being .500 or better last year. By getting a QB that can make a basic throw they have greatly improved their team.

They will not surprise me at all if they are fighting for the division come late November.

Flachief58
08-11-2010, 03:33 PM
I've said it before and I'll say it again. The Faiders will never amount to anything as long as Al Davis has his spoon in the pot! Faiders will be lucky to be 4-12 this year.

notorious
08-11-2010, 03:35 PM
Here's what they are doing at camp:

LT 6-7 300 lbs Mario Henderson
LG 6-7 325 lbs Robert Gallery
C.. 6-8 321 lbs Jared Veldheer
RG 6-7 315 lbs Bruce Campbell
RT 6-8 366 lbs Langston Walker

Interesting thing - they were all drafted as OTs. An entire line made up of OTs & not a good one in the lot.

The are tall. So....they have that going for them.

PunkinDrublic
08-11-2010, 03:47 PM
Their front 7 is about the best in the AFC. They have a better QB. They have moved to the ZBS. They have one of th best corners in the league. In short, they can defend and run the ball the last two years. they just couldn't throw the ball. Now they will be able to do so. Sorry, but they can certainly win the West.

I'm going to take into account the fact that you're a donk fan and therefore there is a ceiling to how much you know about football. We've all seen this movie before. Faider team has tons of talent but can't put it together on the field. The fact is until proven otherwise, the faiders will continue to be an undisciplined, underachieving mess of a franchise. Whatever talent they do have will want to eventually move on to another organization because nobody takes pride in being a faider anymore and it's certainly nothing to be proud of.

notorious
08-11-2010, 03:52 PM
Does anyone realize how much JaFatmass held them down? He missed WIDE open receivers all year, especially on crucial plays (except against the Chiefs).

As well as the Raiders run the ball, the only thing they needed to be competitive is a QB that can hit a wide open receiver and suddenly they win 4-5 more games.

The only thing holding them back is the "Raiders always shoots themselve in the foot" factor. If they control that problem, they are a scary fucking team.

PunkinDrublic
08-11-2010, 03:57 PM
Does anyone realize how much JaFatmass held them down? He missed WIDE open receivers all year, especially on crucial plays (except against the Chiefs).

As well as the Raiders run the ball, the only thing they needed to be competitive is a QB that can hit a wide open receiver and suddenly they win 4-5 more games.

The only thing holding them back is the "Raiders always shoots themselve in the foot" factor. If they control that problem, they are a scary ****ing team.

Yeah and what are the signs that's going to change? The lack of discipline is what will kill the faiders they are their own worst enemy.

Ugly Duck
08-11-2010, 04:03 PM
The Raiders will never amount to anything as long as Al Davis has his spoon in the pot!

If you haven't noticed that Al Davis has seriously stepped back from control this year then you haven't been paying attention. Even with all his faults, his was the last AFCW team at the SuperBowl. He's not as dumb as you think - he knows he's so old that the game has passed him by... which is why he's stepped back. Everything changes eventually, my son... even Mr. Davis.

rambleonthruthefog
08-11-2010, 04:03 PM
this is the first year in a while that i've heard the raiders are on the rise. a good defense, combined with an ok running game, mixed with a major upgrade at QB, and a head coach in his 2nd season + a few, and you have a team that can compete week in and week out.
who the hell has been saying the raiders are on the rise the past few years?

SDChiefs
08-11-2010, 04:36 PM
If you haven't noticed that Al Davis has seriously stepped back from control this year then you haven't been paying attention. Even with all his faults, his was the last AFCW team at the SuperBowl. He's not as dumb as you think - he knows he's so old that the game has passed him by... which is why he's stepped back. Everything changes eventually, my son... even Mr. Davis.

I don't know that we can say, that one offseason is enough evidence that Al Davis has stepped off.

Sweet Daddy Hate
08-11-2010, 04:56 PM

LMAO

THIS is the reason I don't give KnowMo a legitimate hard time.

notorious
08-11-2010, 07:03 PM
Yeah and what are the signs that's going to change? The lack of discipline is what will kill the faiders they are their own worst enemy.

No arguments here. It's almost legendary how they find a way to fuck themselves.

Param
08-11-2010, 07:27 PM
Ever since the super bowl loss, seems like the raiders are primed to do something and completely fall on their ass. I see no different this year.

Oxford
08-11-2010, 07:39 PM
Every year it's the year the raiders turn it around. That's going on about what, 8 or 9 years now. ROFL

They turn it around 360 degrees every year

notorious
08-11-2010, 08:01 PM

LMAO

Marcellus
08-11-2010, 08:12 PM

:D Nice.

We like doing 300's, same general direction just a different angle.

Seriously though, the Raiders ran the ball well the start of last season (why a lot of people on this board were raving about them competing for the division at the beginning of the season, oops) then went to complete shit and ended 29th in rushing offense. They better improve their running game or Campbell will have a long season.

On the flip side we need to throw the ball better and stop the run.

Ugly Duck
08-11-2010, 08:23 PM
I don't know that we can say, that one offseason is enough evidence that Al Davis has stepped off.

See? That wasn't so hard, now was it?

Over-Head
08-11-2010, 08:36 PM

I do too, but see there's only RnR, Duck, and M'self against all you, and well you give us enough shit as it is :(

Ugly Duck
08-12-2010, 12:39 AM
Hey Overhead... you might not like this Jerry Mac report from Raider camp. When asked how Colt Brennan was looking, he replied "He has a knack for completing passes I don't think any other QB on the team has. I'd really like to see more of him the next couple of weeks, see if he levels off." Doesn't sound so great when a QB cut by Washington can step in off the street & outplay the real QBs on your team. He'll get a quarter & a half against Cowboy scrubs tomorrow.

Jayhawkerman2001
08-12-2010, 04:54 AM
doesnt clayton say this about the raiders every single fucking year?

3rd&48ers
08-12-2010, 05:43 AM
The Raiders are still the Raiders. Unless Al Davis dies or realizes this isn't the '80s anymore then I don't see them accomplishing anything.

It's funny when Chiefs fans say this when he as an Owner has been in 5 Superbowls and your quiet owner has been in one....

I think I will take crazy Al , he may be a dumbass at times but he is not cheap and will pay the players he wants... Al usually gets his man..

Coogs
08-12-2010, 07:21 AM
The Raiders are at the Cowboys tonight at 8:00 PM Central time. The game can be seen live on KTLA (232 on Dish). Replay is on NFLNetwork at 2:30 PM Central time Friday.

Garcia Bronco
08-12-2010, 07:37 AM
I've said it before and I'll say it again. The Faiders will never amount to anything as long as Al Davis has his spoon in the pot! Faiders will be lucky to be 4-12 this year.

I don't disagree that the game has passed Davis, but his 3 super bowls and multiple conference championships say otherwise. In fact, in terms of resume, the Hunts have had the least team in the west from a playoff and championship perspective. You haven't really challenged for a championship since the early 90's and before that...the 60's. The Broncos, Chargers, and Raiders have all played in a Super Bowl since the early 90's. Heck, even the Seahawks have played in a Super Bowl.

Garcia Bronco
08-12-2010, 07:40 AM
I'm going to take into account the fact that you're a donk fan and therefore there is a ceiling to how much you know about football. We've all seen this movie before. Faider team has tons of talent but can't put it together on the field. The fact is until proven otherwise, the faiders will continue to be an undisciplined, underachieving mess of a franchise. Whatever talent they do have will want to eventually move on to another organization because nobody takes pride in being a faider anymore and it's certainly nothing to be proud of.

See my last post. The Raiders may be unachievers as of late, but on a franchise comparison level...they beat the Chiefs, Chargers, and about even with the Broncos.

Ugly Duck
08-12-2010, 10:43 AM
Raiders ... about even with the Broncos.

......................Just about even...
http://cdn5.mattters.com/photos/photos/2879686/trophies.jpg

SDChiefs
08-12-2010, 11:16 AM
It's funny when Chiefs fans say this when he as an Owner has been in 5 Superbowls and your quiet owner has been in one....

I think I will take crazy Al , he may be a dumbass at times but he is not cheap and will pay the players he wants... Al usually gets his man..

We dominated the 60's and 70's you the 80's. BFD. Neither team has been relevent in 30+ years. Move along. Als not cheap, he pays players 5Xs what they are worth, screwing other teams in negotiations all while finishing 5-11. I hope you guys keep Al too. I really do.

SDChiefs
08-12-2010, 11:18 AM
See my last post. The Raiders may be unachievers as of late, but on a franchise comparison level...they beat the Chiefs, Chargers, and about even with the Broncos.

Yes. Because the Broncos are a great franchise. ROFL

Garcia Bronco
08-12-2010, 12:11 PM
Yes. Because the Broncos are a great franchise. ROFL

Is there a particular metric you would like to compare with Franchise Chiefs?

SDChiefs
08-12-2010, 12:22 PM
Is there a particular metric you would like to compare with Franchise Chiefs?

How about record. Chiefs have a winning record against every AFC West team. (Last I checked) and are 54-45 against your beloved Broncos. +9 KC Chiefs.

Garcia Bronco
08-12-2010, 01:19 PM
How about record. Chiefs have a winning record against every AFC West team. (Last I checked) and are 54-45 against your beloved Broncos. +9 KC Chiefs.
I don't believe you own head-to-head since the merger but you can have it.

Head-to-head is in favor of the Chiefs with the Broncos
Playoffs head-to-head Broncos 1-0 against the Chiefs
AFC Champioships 6 to 3(although there was no AFC at the time of you last win so technically you have no conference championships but we will count your 3 AFL titles)
Super Bowls 2 to 1
Super Bowl appearances 6-2
Franchise worth - Broncos
Market Size - Broncos
Stadium Revenue - Broncos
Playoff Appearances 20 to 15 Broncos
Western Division Titles 10 to 7 Broncos
Total RS Wins 394 to 393 Broncos but the Chiefs have 20 more losses, strange)

SDChiefs
08-12-2010, 01:33 PM
I don't believe you own head-to-head since the merger but you can have it.

Head-to-head is in favor of the Chiefs with the Broncos
Playoffs head-to-head Broncos 1-0 against the Chiefs
AFC Champioships 6 to 3(although there was no AFC at the time of you last win so technically you have no conference championships but we will count your 3 AFL titles)
Super Bowls 2 to 1
Super Bowl appearances 6-2
Franchise worth - Broncos
Market Size - Broncos
Stadium Revenue - Broncos
Playoff Appearances 20 to 15 Broncos
Western Division Titles 10 to 7 Broncos
Total RS Wins 394 to 393 Broncos but the Chiefs have 20 more losses, strange)

We have more championships as well 4-2.
Fanbase- Chiefs
Historic and Loudest Stadium-Chiefs
Superbowl Record- Chiefs .500/Broncos .333
Market size-Don't give a shit I live in San Diego.

Ugly Duck
08-12-2010, 03:47 PM

And you are +5 against Oakland. I hate you guys. I hate you so much. I don't miss a Chiefs Week game, and I am so sick of seeing some last-second miracle play that wins the game for fuggin KC. I hate you all.

Brock
08-12-2010, 03:48 PM
And you are +5 against Oakland. I hate you guys. I hate you so much. I don't miss a Chiefs Week game, and I am so sick of seeing some last-second miracle play that wins the game for fuggin KC. I hate you all.

You should hate that drooling retard up in the box.

3rd&48ers
08-12-2010, 04:42 PM
We dominated the 60's and 70's you the 80's. BFD. Neither team has been relevent in 30+ years. Move along. Als not cheap, he pays players 5Xs what they are worth, screwing other teams in negotiations all while finishing 5-11. I hope you guys keep Al too. I really do.

Yes and we were in 4 Superbowls in that time frame... I am not even implying the Chiefs haven't had really good teams over the years, but the Raiders have been very successful as well... The Chiefs had one of the biggest chokes in the history of the nfl when they produced so little in the 90's with the firepower they had...

Raiders
Regular Season Record (all-time) : 410-335-11
Playoff Record (all-time) : 25-18 (Last appearance after 2002 season)
Chiefs
Regular Season Record (all-time) : 385-359-12
Playoff Record (all-time) : 8-13 (Last appearance after 2006 season)

InChiefsHell
08-12-2010, 06:18 PM
Look, it's all about "what have you done lately" and lately, Donks, Faiders and Chiefs have not done SHIT. It's a new year fellas. We'll just have to see.

Over-Head
08-12-2010, 06:27 PM
We start showing just what great off season moves we made tonight!
You watch, and you'll be nothing short of amazed!! :thumb:

Extra Point
08-12-2010, 06:36 PM
We start showing just what great off season moves we made tonight!
You watch, and you'll be nothing short of amazed!! :thumb:

Sorry, Over-Head. You've been breathing in too much powdered plaster.

Jason Campbell?

Von Dumbass
08-12-2010, 07:53 PM
The Raiders are looking like ass right now.

milkman
08-12-2010, 09:28 PM
Yes and we were in 4 Superbowls in that time frame... I am not even implying the Chiefs haven't had really good teams over the years, but the Raiders have been very successful as well... The Chiefs had one of the biggest chokes in the history of the nfl when they produced so little in the 90's with the firepower they had...

Raiders
Regular Season Record (all-time) : 410-335-11
Playoff Record (all-time) : 25-18 (Last appearance after 2002 season)
Chiefs
Regular Season Record (all-time) : 385-359-12
Playoff Record (all-time) : 8-13 (Last appearance after 2006 season)

The Chiefs didn't have any firepower in the 90s.

Over-Head
08-13-2010, 05:17 AM
The Raiders are looking like ass right now.
Yeah, and when they stopped playing like the Chiefs, we whipped their azzes 17 - 9 :D
Pre season or not, a win is a win

And we now resemble a real football team on the field

Marcellus
08-13-2010, 06:09 AM
I don't know what KC will look like tonight but I hope the #1 offense looks better than Oakland's last night.

From what I saw of the highlights the o-line was God awful. Dude from NFL network called Campbell a small ball QB lol. I guess the Raiders and KC are in the same boat.

The d-line looked bad ass though.

Tuckdaddy
08-13-2010, 08:20 AM
I don't know what KC will look like tonight but I hope the #1 offense looks better than Oakland's last night.

From what I saw of the highlights the o-line was God awful. Dude from NFL network called Campbell a small ball QB lol. I guess the Raiders and KC are in the same boat.

The d-line looked bad ass though.

Oak offense did look bad. The d looked good though.

Garcia Bronco
08-16-2010, 09:05 AM
After watching all four team play this weekend I have to revise what I said previously:

Chargers are still the team. They have a good to great QB and that will always put you in contention. Raiders-Broncos-Chiefs is a big push. I still think the Raiders will rate out better than people think, but the Chargers are still very good.

Chargers
Raiders
Broncos
Chiefs

That's right. I am putting you dead last in the West.

ChiefsCountry
08-16-2010, 11:09 AM
That's right. I am putting you dead last in the West.

Thats where we should be picked.
Posted via Mobile Device

Sweet Daddy Hate
08-18-2010, 01:45 PM

LMAO