PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Friday's Game - Stream with CP folks?

Pawnmower
08-11-2010, 03:58 PM
So this will be my 1st season being a CP member...I am so glad to have found this place! I was at a different site before, which never felt like home and for some reason I had never seen CP until a few months ago...

Anyhow I found this place, and haven't even logged into the other site one time since!

Sorry for the long intro for a simple question:

Is there a stream (like Justin.TV or what not) that CP members use to watch games and/or chat about them? I have Sunday Ticket / NFL network / etc.. so I am not looking for any 'freebies' I am just looking to chat / hang out / hear some of the CP members' views during the game on Friday.

If there is already a thread for this I apologize, I tried to search but didn't see anything. Thanks!

PS

GO CHIEFS!!!

CaliforniaChief
08-11-2010, 03:59 PM
We're all pretty much mercenaries on here. We find our own ways to watch it and generally reflect on the disaster here.

Pawnmower
08-11-2010, 04:00 PM
We're all pretty much mercenaries on here. We find our own ways to watch it and generally reflect on the disaster here.

I see..

So the chat room here will be the place to go?

Thanks for the quick response!!

DMAC
08-11-2010, 04:01 PM
This is not your home...put that beer down....stop eating my cantina tacos fucker!!

Hydrae
08-11-2010, 04:02 PM
Either the chat room (never been in there myself) or there will be a gameday thread that people will post in on the fly.

Pawnmower
08-11-2010, 04:02 PM
This is not your home...put that beer down....stop eating my cantina tacos ****er!!

Hey I always bring beer and snacks when I show up!!!!

:LOL:

CaliforniaChief
08-11-2010, 04:03 PM
Yeah, there's an "Official" thread for each game that you can post in. The thread moves pretty quickly, though. Once when I didn't have access I actually blacked out the score and went into the thread and read it from beginning to end. It's pretty entertaining.

ElGringo
08-11-2010, 04:04 PM
Normally there will be ideas posted on where to watch a stream of the game, for some of us it is the only option, but we all have our own favorites.

Pawnmower
08-11-2010, 04:06 PM
Normally there will be ideas posted on where to watch a stream of the game, for some of us it is the only option, but we all have our own favorites.

Cool maybe I will see some of you in a stream/chat on Friday then...

I am looking forward to it very much.

bevischief
08-11-2010, 05:05 PM
Just get in the game day thread someone will have figured out to watch it. We did for the black out local games last year.
Posted via Mobile Device

DaFace
08-11-2010, 05:07 PM
The chat room probably won't be very active for a preseason game. It's also tough to be in the chat while streaming due to the streaming delay conflicting with the real-time reaction to the game. You'll get a lot of "spoilers" that way.

Check out the game thread when it appears. If there's a stream, someone will find it.

Pawnmower
08-11-2010, 05:12 PM
The chat room probably won't be very active for a preseason game. It's also tough to be in the chat while streaming due to the streaming delay conflicting with the real-time reaction to the game. You'll get a lot of "spoilers" that way.

Check out the game thread when it appears. If there's a stream, someone will find it.

Ahh thanks!

Thats exactly what I wanted to do, be on the 'same time' as others watching the game...

Perfect

DaFace
08-11-2010, 05:14 PM
Ahh thanks!

Thats exactly what I wanted to do, be on the 'same time' as others watching the game...

Perfect

It's a little tough in the game thread, too, but at least you can keep yourself from scrolling down if you're behind. You'll also learn what the "refresh" button is for. :)

Baconeater
08-11-2010, 05:27 PM
It's a little tough in the game thread, too, but at least you can keep yourself from scrolling down if you're behind. You'll also learn what the "refresh" button is for. :)
I'm sure with all the server hangups that he won't get too far ahead.

milkman
08-11-2010, 05:55 PM
Either the chat room (never been in there myself) or there will be a gameday thread that people will post in on the fly.

I really don't understand the reason that people don't use the chat room.

It is so much smoother and more efficient.

Posting in and refreshing the game thread is ridiculously slow.

DaFace
08-11-2010, 05:58 PM
I'm sure with all the server hangups that he won't get too far ahead.

Well, the good news is that the server issues aren't load-related, so they shouldn't occur any more frequently on a game day that they do on a slow day. Of course, they've been so frequent lately that there's probably a decent chance it'll happen at least once during a game.

Baconeater
08-11-2010, 06:03 PM
I really don't understand the reason that people don't use the chat room.

It is so much smoother and more efficient.

Posting in and refreshing the game thread is ridiculously slow.
I like to have the ability to quote people, or use the emoticons or post pictures...you know, all the stuff that you probably don't do.

milkman
08-11-2010, 06:13 PM
I like to have the ability to quote people, or use the emoticons or post pictures...you know, all the stuff that you probably don't do.

Nope, never use 'em.

:rolleyes:

http://fruitfly.files.wordpress.com/2006/12/baby_flipping_the_bird.jpg?w=468

DA_T_84
08-11-2010, 06:21 PM
I've never been in chat for one of the games, just the "official" threads. Is that where I should be?

Baconeater
08-11-2010, 06:24 PM
Nope, never use 'em.

:rolleyes:

http://fruitfly.files.wordpress.com/2006/12/baby_flipping_the_bird.jpg?w=468
I'll be damned, did you have help doing that? Let's see you post a video now.

milkman
08-11-2010, 06:25 PM
I'll be damned, did you have help doing that? Let's see you post a video now.

Oh hell no.

Detoxing
08-11-2010, 06:46 PM
Ah, the good ol' Game Thread. For every bad play there are about a dozen or so people going:

FUCK

SHIT

MUTHAFUCKA

OMFG

FUCK YOU PIOLI!

PLEASE START BRODIE!!

Who Called that play? Wtf?

chiefs1111
08-11-2010, 07:04 PM
The night of the game you could check channelsurfing.net i am sure you can find a stream there.

DaFace
08-11-2010, 07:24 PM
I've never been in chat for one of the games, just the "official" threads. Is that where I should be?

Just depends on your style. The chat has fewer people, but it moves quickly. There's no reloading or anything, which is definitely nice. As Bug mentioned, no quoting or anything, so it's a little tougher to keep track of ongoing conversations and that type of thing.

For me, I just can't stand having to reload the page every 10 seconds to keep up with everything, so I generally stay out of game threads.

JoeyChuckles
08-11-2010, 08:05 PM
I see..

So the chat room here will be the place to go?

Thanks for the quick response!!

There is a chat room here?

Reerun_KC
08-11-2010, 08:08 PM
There is a chat room here?

yeah that is were some of us go to meet your mom....

tk13
08-11-2010, 08:10 PM
The game thread will be like 150 people emulating the crazy McDonald's lady at the same time. How can you miss that?

Param
08-11-2010, 08:11 PM
I don't know who streams the game on stickam, but I hope you do again this season.

milkman
08-11-2010, 08:16 PM
yeah that is were some of us go to meet your mom....

You should hook up with a woman of your age just once.

It might change your life.

Baconeater
08-11-2010, 08:18 PM
The game thread will be like 150 people emulating the crazy McDonald's lady at the same time. How can you miss that?
I'm all ready for it...

http://i33.tinypic.com/2q2pfky.jpg

DTLB58
08-11-2010, 08:19 PM
I just got an e-mail from the NFL today offering Live pre-season games online in HD.

It's $40 for about 50 games. Obviously blackout rules will apply unfortunately.

Yes, I signed up.

https://preseason.nfl.com/nflpl/secure/registerform?icampaign=PL_ProductCP&module=HP_productCP

-King-
08-11-2010, 09:43 PM
I had NO idea that people used the chatrooms during games. I like the game threads for some reason.

luv
08-11-2010, 11:01 PM
What national broadcast is kctv5 affiliated with?

Never mind.

RustShack
08-12-2010, 10:21 PM
I found an amazing online streaming site the very last week of the season. Seriously that broncos game looked exactly though my normal tv. I had it bookmarked and my computer completely shit on me.. I have no idea what the site was :(