PDA

View Full Version : Life Over a week without a fridge

RustShack
08-11-2010, 06:24 PM
Our fridge broke over a week ago. Called the land lord and he said "his guy" gets off vacation in a few days and they will get us a new fridge and asks us to "make it work" until then. Yesterday was that day, nothing. I call at night and he says the guy will be here between 4 and 6 tomororw. Its 7:20 now and still no guys. I called him 20 minutes ago, no answer, and still no call back yet.

Bwana
08-11-2010, 06:30 PM
When you decide to move, shoot me a PM. I will give your numerous tips on how to even the score with the prick.

BillSelfsTrophycase
08-11-2010, 06:31 PM
Tire Iron....Landlord's nutsack

You connect the dots from there

ClevelandBronco
08-11-2010, 06:31 PM
Our fridge broke over a week ago. Called the land lord and he said "his guy" gets off vacation in a few days and they will get us a new fridge and asks us to "make it work" until then. Yesterday was that day, nothing. I call at night and he says the guy will be here between 4 and 6 tomororw. Its 7:20 now and still no guys. I called him 20 minutes ago, no answer, and still no call back yet.

If something fails to function and it's my problem to fix, I always give my tenants a break on their rent. You should ask for an adjustment, and if the landlord hesitates, demand one.

DeezNutz
08-11-2010, 06:32 PM

"Make it work"? No problem. Deduct your expenses for eating out from next month's rent.

RustShack
08-11-2010, 06:34 PM
oh snap someones finally here!

Bacon Cheeseburger
08-11-2010, 06:35 PM
"Make it work"? No problem. Deduct your expenses for eating out from next month's rent.
Plus the $150 worth of food you had to throw out because you just went grocery shopping before it went out.

RustShack
08-11-2010, 06:36 PM
The guy just lost my last rent check too. So I had to cancel which cost $21.40 and write him a new one. He tried saying he never received it even though it was mailed together with my roomates whos got cashed. He said he would let me deduct the fee, but he wasn't happy about it saying people have tried pulling this on him before and if it got stuck to the other check the bank would have caught it.

Deberg_1990
08-11-2010, 06:38 PM
You should ask for an adjustment, and if the landlord hesitates, demand one.

This

chasedude
08-11-2010, 06:39 PM
The guy just lost my last rent check too. So I had to cancel which cost $21.40 and write him a new one. He tried saying he never received it even though it was mailed together with my roomates whos got cashed. He said he would let me deduct the fee, but he wasn't happy about it saying people have tried pulling this on him before and if it got stuck to the other check the bank would have caught it.

I call bullshit on his part. Have you guys missed a payment before?

RustShack
08-11-2010, 06:40 PM
I call bullshit on his part. Have you guys missed a payment before?

Never, and never been late. But he has only been our guy for three or four months now.. our previous one sold the place to him.

LaChapelle
08-11-2010, 06:45 PM
It's a hint of things to come
move before the rent hike

bevischief
08-11-2010, 06:57 PM
When you decide to move, shoot me a PM. I will give your numerous tips on how to even the score with the prick.

Same here...

JD10367
08-11-2010, 07:04 PM
When it comes to renting, I equate "renting from a landlord vs. renting from an apartment complex" the same way I equate "buying a car from an individual vs. buying a car from a dealership". It's cheaper, and if you're lucky you can score a great bargain, but you're much more likely to get screwed, have no recompense, and generally have a pain in the ass that's not worth the money being saved. If you rented from an apartment complex, they probably would've had it fixed immediately or, at least, moved a working fridge in from another empty apartment.

RustShack
08-11-2010, 07:07 PM
Well he came and did a temporary fix, and will be back tomorrow to get it completely fixed. Finally!

ClevelandBronco
08-11-2010, 07:08 PM
Well he came and did a temporary fix, and will be back tomorrow to get it completely fixed. Finally!

Temporary fix? What did he do? Plug the bullet hole?

RustShack
08-11-2010, 07:10 PM
Temporary fix? What did he do? Plug the bullet hole?

IDK what he did. He just said it will last about a week until its back the way it was. But he said he will be back tomorrow to change the part that is broke. Defrost timer or something.

boogblaster
08-11-2010, 07:54 PM
12 gauge pump