PDA

View Full Version : KU So much hate for KU football on 810...

Pages : [1] 2

Bambi
08-12-2010, 12:42 PM
I love it.

Chocolate Hog
08-12-2010, 12:44 PM
KU football sucks.

ArrowheadHawk
08-12-2010, 12:44 PM
Zero expectations.

Bambi
08-12-2010, 12:46 PM
KU football sucks.

The BCS didn't think so.

Bambi
08-12-2010, 12:46 PM
Zero expectations.

I know, I think it's great.

ChiTown
08-12-2010, 12:49 PM

What are your expectations for the upcoming season?

Los Pollos Hermanos
08-12-2010, 12:50 PM
What a great thread.

|Zach|
08-12-2010, 12:51 PM

Chug Chug Chug

Reerun_KC
08-12-2010, 12:58 PM

That they get to play football on saturdays....

Reerun_KC
08-12-2010, 12:58 PM
KU football sucks.

So does your mom and NU basketball... Whats your point?

Bambi
08-12-2010, 01:00 PM

Sept. 4 North Dakota State - W
Sept. 11 Georgia Tech - W
Sept. 18 @Southern Mississippi - L
Sept. 25 New Mexico State - W
Oct. 2 @Baylor Waco, Texas - L
Oct. 16 Kansas State - W
Oct. 23 Texas A&M - L
Oct. 30 @Iowa State - W
Nov. 6 Colorado - W
Nov. 13 @Nebraska - L
Nov. 20 Oklahoma State - W
Nov. 27 Missouri Kansas City, Mo. - L

Out of OSU and A&M they win one and lose one...

7-5 finish 3rd in North. Pinstripe Bowl in New York City with incredible exposure being the first bowl in New Yankee Stadium.

schedule, schedule, schedule

Los Pollos Hermanos
08-12-2010, 01:02 PM
Oct. 16 Kansas State - W
Oct. 23 Texas A&M - L
Oct. 30 @Iowa State - W
Nov. 6 Colorado - W
Nov. 13 @Nebraska - L

7-5 finish 3rd in North. Pinstripe Bowl in New York City with incredible exposure being the first bowl in New Yankee Stadium.

I'll have some of what you're smoking.

BWillie
08-12-2010, 01:05 PM
Oct. 16 Kansas State - W
Oct. 23 Texas A&M - L
Oct. 30 @Iowa State - W
Nov. 6 Colorado - W
Nov. 13 @Nebraska - L

That would be nice, but I see the only victories as Southern Mississippi, New Mexico State, and K-State at home.

Then probably 1 out of 3, or if we are really lucky 2 out of 3 of the Iowa State, Baylor, and Colorado games.

My prediction is 4-8.

DeezNutz
08-12-2010, 01:05 PM
Oct. 16 Kansas State - W
Oct. 23 Texas A&M - L
Oct. 30 @Iowa State - W
Nov. 6 Colorado - W
Nov. 13 @Nebraska - L

I don't think KU will beat Tech, KSU, or OSU. And the Colorado game will be 50-50.

Bowser
08-12-2010, 01:08 PM
Sept. 11 Georgia Tech - W - wrong
Oct. 16 Kansas State - W - wrong
Oct. 23 Texas A&M - L
Oct. 30 @Iowa State - W - quite possibly wrong
Nov. 6 Colorado - W
Nov. 13 @Nebraska - L
Nov. 20 Oklahoma State - W - very wrong

7-5 finish 3rd in North. Pinstripe Bowl in New York City with incredible exposure being the first bowl in New Yankee Stadium. delusional. seek professional help

It's ok, though. Homerism is an expected ingredient of ChiefsPlanet from time to time.

ChiTown
08-12-2010, 01:08 PM
Sept. 11 Georgia Tech -L
Oct. 16 Kansas State - W
Oct. 23 Texas A&M - L
Oct. 30 @Iowa State - L
Nov. 6 Colorado - W
Nov. 13 @Nebraska - L

I think it's legit for ku to finish 5-7 (my additions in red), especially with that favorable schedule. That said, I think you are going to struggle to beat KSU and OSU, even in Larryville. With your injuries, a new system, and uncertainty at QB, that's a lot to deal with in year 1 of the Gill Era.

ArrowheadHawk
08-12-2010, 01:09 PM
I just want to win the Superbowl on Oct 16. /sarcasm

ChiTown
08-12-2010, 01:11 PM
I just want to win the Superbowl on Oct 16.

ROFL - SB? I thought your rival was MU?:D

Chocolate Hog
08-12-2010, 01:13 PM
I just want to win the Superbowl on Oct 16. /sarcasm

But the game has been moved to Thursday? HAHAHA YOU GOT TRICKED!

ArrowheadHawk
08-12-2010, 01:14 PM
But the game has been moved to Thursday? HAHAHA YOU GOT TRICKED!Whatever the date I have tickets in the 11th Row and its going to be awesome.

Chocolate Hog
08-12-2010, 01:16 PM
Whatever the date I have tickets in the 11th Row and its going to be awesome.

Nice. I sat about 48 rows up last year but I honestly don't think theres a bad seat in that stadium.

ArrowheadHawk
08-12-2010, 01:17 PM
ROFL - SB? I thought your rival was MU?:DYou can have more than one rival. I grew up in Southwest Kansas so in my eyes the KSU rivalry is bigger. In the KC area the MU rivalry is bigger. Its all a matter of perspective. The other thing is since my season tickets will likely never include a home MU game and also the fact they keep putting that game on Thanksgiving weekend ( I am always out of town) I will count KSU as a bigger rivalry in my mind.

gblowfish
08-12-2010, 01:17 PM
You won't beat KSU this year.

ArrowheadHawk
08-12-2010, 01:19 PM
You won't beat KSU this year.Probably not. That team is downright scary. They should challenge Nebraska for the North title. :rolleyes:

ChiTown
08-12-2010, 01:20 PM
You can have more than one rival. I grew up in Southwest Kansas so in my eyes the KSU rivalry is bigger. In the KC area the MU rivalry is bigger. Its all a matter of perspective. The other thing is since my season tickets will likely never include a home MU game and also the fact they keep putting that game on Thanksgiving weekend ( I am always out of town) I will count KSU as a bigger rivalry in my mind.

I'm just flipping you some shit. No doubt in my mind, it's a rivalry game, especially this year - both teams will be battling it out for the last B12 Bowl Spot, imo.

Bambi
08-12-2010, 01:23 PM
The best is the KSU hype. I can't stop snickering...

Bambi
08-12-2010, 01:24 PM
I don't think KU will beat Tech, KSU, or OSU. And the Colorado game will be 50-50.

True.

But I also think KU can win at Southern Miss and at Baylor which I've written down at losses.

Point is that it's not armageddon in Lawrence as the the local media is making it out to be.

But who really cares. I just can't wait for the damn games to start!

Bambi
08-12-2010, 01:25 PM
Probably not. That team is downright scary. They should challenge Nebraska for the North title. :rolleyes:

Arrow that pic in your sig is a glorious site. Nothing better in the Midwest.

vailpass
08-12-2010, 01:25 PM
The BCS didn't think so.

:D

ChiTown
08-12-2010, 01:39 PM
The best is the KSU hype. I can't stop snickering...

What KSU hype are you seeing, that I must be missing?

HC_Chief
08-12-2010, 01:41 PM

Any time KK opens his fat gape.

ChiTown
08-12-2010, 01:44 PM
Any time KK opens his fat gape.

BS.

If you actually listen to him, he slams them as much as he praises them. You sensitive giners in Larryville don't balance your listening though. :)

HC_Chief
BS.

If you actually listen to him, he slams them as much as he praises them. You sensitive giners in Larryville don't balance your listening though.

Probably true... I quit listening to that douche years ago ;)

Saulbadguy
I guess predicting KSU will finish 3rd or 4th in the North is "hype".

ChiTown
08-12-2010, 01:45 PM

HOMER!1111111111111111!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HC_Chief
08-12-2010, 01:48 PM

That is a solid prediction IMO.

Much more accurate than all the mildkittens I know, who thought last year's 6-6 was a sign that KSU was a legit team. LOL. Two of those wins were against 1AA teams, but you will still hear "Man, KSU shud have gun ta err bowell game!" in many purple-clad circles. That is, between the bleating of their "girlfriends" and the chaw spittle tinking in the rustry coffee can. :D

ROYC75
08-12-2010, 01:49 PM
I'm more optimistic than some, but less that others. 6 - 6

Saulbadguy
08-12-2010, 01:52 PM

Much more accurate than all the mildkittens I know, who thought last year's 6-6 was a sign that KSU was a legit team. LOL. Two of those wins were against 1AA teams, but you will still hear "Man, KSU shud have gun ta err bowell game!" in many purple-clad circles. That is, between the bleating of their "girlfriends" and the chaw spittle tinking in the rustry coffee can. :D

Yep, 2 FCS wins, and 2 Farmageddon wins aren't going to cut it.

HC_Chief
08-12-2010, 01:53 PM
Sept. 11 Georgia Tech - L
Oct. 16 Kansas State - W
Oct. 23 Texas A&M - L
Oct. 30 @Iowa State - W
Nov. 6 Colorado - W
Nov. 13 @Nebraska - L
Nov. 20 Oklahoma State - L
Nov. 27 Missouri Kansas City, Mo. - W

6-6 or 5-7 is reasonable. Then again, we very well could drop the KSU, CU, and MU games...

The QB concerns me greatly, but I am very encouraged by the running game and the WRs.

The defense is also worrysome. There have simply been too many injuries this offseason.

mikeyis4dcats.
08-12-2010, 01:54 PM
shit, you're high. Ku loses to Georgia Tech by 14 to 17 pts easy.

ArrowheadHawk
I'm more optimistic than some, but less that others. 6 - 6:clap: That is what I'm thinking.

Saulbadguy
KU isn't winning @ISU.

ChiTown
08-12-2010, 01:55 PM

I hear ya. The ku phags that hang out in my wifes wine club all talk about how close ku was to getting to the NCAA Tournament football post-season tipoff match in 2009. They're excited to see what Coach Self can do with that front line on the gridiron this season.

ArrowheadHawk
08-12-2010, 02:01 PM
I hear ya. The ku phags that hang out in my wifes wine club all talk about how close ku was to getting to the NCAA Tournament football post-season tipoff match in 2009. They're excited to see what Coach Self can do with that front line on the gridiron this season.LOL.

Bambi
08-12-2010, 02:06 PM
KU isn't winning @ISU.

How do you think KSU will do against ISU at arrowhead?

ChiTown
08-12-2010, 02:08 PM

Probably similar to the results of last season - a close win. And, we're the home team:D

Chocolate Hog
08-12-2010, 02:08 PM
BS.

If you actually listen to him, he slams them as much as he praises them. You sensitive giners in Larryville don't balance your listening though. :)

It's fitting Keitzman is the leader of the cats here in KC.

Bambi
08-12-2010, 02:09 PM
I gave KU a loss against MU as well which was a bit premature on my part.

A team that got blown out by Navy and lost some key defensive players won't be that good this year.

Bambi
08-12-2010, 02:13 PM
Probably similar to the results of last season - a close win. And, we're the home team:D

True. I think KSU will win. And KU hasn't lost to Iowa State in years so I don't see why that should change.

ChiTown
08-12-2010, 02:14 PM
It's fitting Keitzman is the leader of the cats here in KC.

Leader of the Cat's?ROFL

No. He's the most vocal (supporter and detractor), but not the leader. If there WAS a leader in KC it would have to be Stan Weber. He's the best at giving a solid, unbiased opinion of the Cat's, and the B12 in general.

GoHuge
08-12-2010, 02:14 PM
Probably not. That team is downright scary. They should challenge Nebraska for the North title. :rolleyes:I'll have some of what you're selling lol!!! In all honesty I don't know what to excpect from Bill Snyder V 2.0. I have expectations, but just not sure what they are yet. If we can find a QB that won't be unseated by a 6th year walk-on or whatever the hell Gregory was last year our offense could be pretty damn tough. I know we can sure as hell run the ball. Haven't a clue what to expect from our defense. We don't have that cozy schedule like last year either. I've got a feeling this is another 6-6 or 7-5 team. I think 2011 they will be much improved a take a big step with the recruits coming in (Bryce Brown in particular) and the guys that transferred in last year like Harper that will be playing this year. Year three of Bill Snyder 2.0 is when I expect things to really get back in order. Problem then being (as for all the North teams) we will all being playing Texas and OU every year and will only have a couple warm up games before Big 12 play starts. Going to be much more difficult for the "would've been left outs" every year starting next year, but the good thing for us KU, MU, K-State fans we are at least still part of a BCS conference.........albeit a much tougher one now.

For you KU guys it could be pretty miserable again. I don't think the Rev can make a whole lot of difference in just one year especially after losing a great college QB like Reesing. Dude has more than got his work cut out for him especially with how KU played last year. He's basically starting over like Snyder had to last year. It was a shock to me that we were contending for the North as late into the season as we were. Realistically if KU goes 5-7 you have to be pretty happy as a fan. That would be a good first step after that abortion of a season last year. I think Turner is a good coach, but nobody really knows for sure.

Oh and you won't be beating K-State this year either! :D

Reerun_KC
08-12-2010, 02:18 PM
Talking about peoples dead parents is classy and something you would expect from a beaker fan. And this thread isn't about NU ore even basketball. Typical.

Awe, poor Billay....

Chocolate Hog
08-12-2010, 02:19 PM
Awe, poor Billay....

Don't bring up someones family you fucking cockbag unless you want me talking shit on yours.

Reerun_KC
08-12-2010, 02:20 PM
shit, you're high. Ku loses to Georgia Tech by 14 to 17 pts easy.

That totally sucks. Were going to that game, My Brother in Law is a GT grad and my sister is a GT homer now..

They are flying in and were alll going to the game together... Should be good times...

Reerun_KC
08-12-2010, 02:21 PM
Don't bring up someones family you ****ing cockbag unless you want me talking shit on yours.

That fact that your going to talk shit is laughable.... Carry on though... Give it your best shot...

luv
08-12-2010, 02:22 PM
Don't bring up someones family you ****ing cockbag unless you want me talking shit on yours.

Aren't you the one who loves Redrum for his mom jokes?

Reerun_KC
08-12-2010, 02:23 PM
Leader of the Cat's?ROFL

No. He's the most vocal (supporter and detractor), but not the leader. If there WAS a leader in KC it would have to be Stan Weber. He's the best at giving a solid, unbiased opinion of the Cat's, and the B12 in general.

I would have to say CT, that KK is the voice of KSU athletics.... Don't deny it, embrace the fact that KC's biggest sports radio star is your biggest Cheerleader...

Reerun_KC
08-12-2010, 02:24 PM
Not nearly as funny as the smell of your wifes pussy.

Oh noes... Billay is going to talk about my family.... :eek: What shall I do now...

Chocolate Hog
08-12-2010, 02:24 PM
Aren't you the one who loves Redrum for his mom jokes?

Never read his mom jokes I liked his random Pm's about bongo lines to the drinking fountain.

Reerun_KC
08-12-2010, 02:25 PM
True. I think KSU will win. And KU hasn't lost to Iowa State in years so I don't see why that should change.

KU is goin to suck this year.... 5 wins is being very generous.......

BWillie
08-12-2010, 02:26 PM

Look man, it sucks that your mom has passed. But I'm sure the dude that posted that had no idea your mom had passed. It's nothing to get bent out of shape over. Your mom has become popular slang for just joking around, I wouldn't think of it literally

ChiTown
I would have to say CT, that KK is the voice of KSU athletics.... Don't deny it, embrace the fact that KC's biggest sports radio star is your biggest Cheerleader...

I can't and won't:harumph:

Chocolate Hog
KU is goin to suck this year.... 5 wins is being very generous.......

No different than any other year.

Chocolate Hog
08-12-2010, 02:27 PM
Look man, it sucks that your mom has passed. But I'm sure the dude that posted that had no idea your mom had passed. It's nothing to get bent out of shape over. Your mom has become popular slang for just joking around, I wouldn't think of it literally

I know Willie he probably didn't know but even if she was alive so what? Don't talk about peoples family because someone says your team sucks.

Reerun_KC
I can't and won't:harumph:

ROFL

Come on ChiTown... You know deep down, you really want to embrace it... You feel it tugging at your heart strings....

Lzen

I don't know about media hype, but there are a couple of MUrons in this thread that think KSU is gonna walk into Lawrence and beat KU. And they seem to suggest it matter of fact like it won't be any big effort. :rolleyes:

Yes, there are question marks in Gill's first season. FTR, I am cautiously optimistic. But let's be realistic here. The cupboard was not left bare. This is not the same KU program that was one of the worst in NCAA div. I when Mangino took over in 2002. Gill has some pieces to work with. He put together a decent coaching (and recruiting) staff.

Last year, IMO, was an anomaly. That team was better than the record. Reesing was so good for so long that it was pretty much impossible for Mangino to find the will to sit him. But that probably would have been best at the time because something was wrong with TR last year. He gave away more than one game last year with turnovers. And the defense was bad for a multitude of reasons starting with coaching. I think it will be improved this year.

I can't wait for the season. Should be interesting to see how these predictions compare to reality.

Pants

What if a certain pathetic piece of shit MU fan says "I hope your mom dies of cancer". Is that meant to be taken personally?

Chocolate Hog
08-12-2010, 02:28 PM
What if a certain pathetic piece of shit MU fan says "I hope your mom dies of cancer". Is that meant to be taken personally?

Thats horrible. Who said that?

Reerun_KC
08-12-2010, 02:30 PM
They were talking down here on the sports animal... They think KSU can challenge NE for the north title this year....

Bambi
08-12-2010, 02:33 PM
I don't know about media hype, but there are a couple of MUrons in this thread that think KSU is gonna walk into Lawrence and beat KU. And they seem to suggest it matter of fact like it won't be any big effort. :rolleyes:

Yes, there are question marks in Gill's first season. FTR, I am cautiously optimistic. But let's be realistic here. The cupboard was not left bare. This is not the same KU program that was one of the worst in NCAA div. I when Mangino took over in 2002. Gill has some pieces to work with. He put together a decent coaching (and recruiting) staff.

Last year, IMO, was an anomaly. That team was better than the record. Reesing was so good for so long that it was pretty much impossible for Mangino to find the will to sit him. But that probably would have been best at the time because something was wrong with TR last year. He gave away more than one game last year with turnovers. And the defense was bad for a multitude of reasons starting with coaching. I think it will be improved this year.

I can't wait for the season. Should be interesting to see how these predictions compare to reality.

This is well put.

The team gave up on Mangino plain and simple last year. They were much better that what they showed.

And love him or not Reesing was absolute garbage the 2nd half of last year. He had a great run but I'm glad his time is done at KU. Time for a new era.

The talent level is very good (especially in WR). At least compared to years ago. But those same questions exist at all the North schools.. remind me who is starting QB at Nebraska and KSU...oh that's right, they don't know.

The injuries are the worrisome part. KU has lost a starter on both sides of the ball and can't afford any more.

If this was last year's schedule I'd be scared as hell. But it's not. It's workable. RCJHK

HolyHandgernade
08-12-2010, 02:33 PM
I was cautiously optimistic before the rash of injuries to the defensive front seven and the OL. I think KU will have to do a 180 from its previous identity to make it to .500 this year. They'll have to run their big backs three yards at a time, keep the ball away from the other offense and try not to wear out their thin defense. Mix in a little play action pass, maybe a version of the wildcat, and hope we can let the other team sabotage itself a little.

I'm very excited about what Gill will be able to do, but he's got some major hurdles to clear including a starting QB. He probably won't be able to implement his full offense, thus limiting what he'll be able to sell to future recruits, and KU will go into the round robin games next year when they might have had a chance to build by skipping the "Big 2". If Gill gets this team to .500, I think he'll be OK on the recruiting side. If he gets us to Bowl eligibility, he should be in line for some coach of the year considerations.

We do have some talent at the skill positions, aside from QB, and a lot of experience on the OL, so that is some room for optimism, an I'm hearing good things about the secondary. We had some good starters at LB until Tharp got injured and the DL was already thin before the injuries and dismissals. I think we're banking a lot on the staff this year and hoping we can coach up a few more victories this year. GT at home is going to be tough and So. Miss on the road will be no picnic either. I'll feel more confident about assessing our Big XII prospects after that. Seems like every year someone surprises and someone doesn't meet expectations, so hopefully we're on the surprise side this year. I'll cheer 'em on regardless.

HolyHandgernade
08-12-2010, 02:38 PM
I was cautiously optimistic before the rash of injuries to the defensive front seven and the OL. I think KU will have to do a 180 from its previous identity to make it to .500 this year. They'll have to run their big backs three yards at a time, keep the ball away from the other offense and try not to wear out their thin defense. Mix in a little play action pass, maybe a version of the wildcat, and hope we can let the other team sabotage itself a little.

I'm very excited about what Gill will be able to do, but he's got some major hurdles to clear including a starting QB. He probably won't be able to implement his full offense, thus limiting what he'll be able to sell to future recruits, and KU will go into the round robin games next year when they might have had a chance to build by skipping the "Big 2". If Gill gets this team to .500, I think he'll be OK on the recruiting side. If he gets us to Bowl eligibility, he should be in line for some coach of the year considerations.

We do have some talent at the skill positions, aside from QB, and a lot of experience on the OL, so that is some room for optimism, an I'm hearing good things about the secondary. We had some good starters at LB until Tharp got injured and the DL was already thin before the injuries and dismissals. I think we're banking a lot on the staff this year and hoping we can coach up a few more victories this year. GT at home is going to be tough and So. Miss on the road will be no picnic either. I'll feel more confident about assessing our Big XII prospects after that. Seems like every year someone surprises and someone doesn't meet expectations, so hopefully we're on the surprise side this year. I'll cheer 'em on regardless.

Saulbadguy
08-12-2010, 02:41 PM

Lose. I don't see why people are so down on ISU.

luv
08-12-2010, 02:52 PM

Whoever said it deserves to be beaten.

BWillie
08-12-2010, 02:54 PM

Well of course, I'm talking about the typical immature phrase of "that is what your mom said". You get the idea. If somebody says something like that, they should be stoned to death

Reerun_KC
08-12-2010, 02:54 PM
Whoever said it deserves to be beaten.

Can we just beat all MU fans? That way we know we got the right one?

Saulbadguy
08-12-2010, 02:55 PM
And KU hasn't lost to Iowa State in years so I don't see why that should change.

:rolleyes:

Pants
08-12-2010, 02:57 PM
Thats horrible. Who said that?

The fucking grandmaster cocksucker, eazyb81. Fucking toolshed.

Saulbadguy
08-12-2010, 02:57 PM

C - for originality. B+ for classlessness.

Saulbadguy
08-12-2010, 02:58 PM
I know Willie he probably didn't know but even if she was alive so what? Don't talk about peoples family because someone says your team sucks.

Are dead quarterbacks off limits, too?

Bambi
08-12-2010, 03:13 PM
Get this dumb mom talk out of my thread.

Frazod
08-12-2010, 03:16 PM
Well, this has turned out pretty much as expected. :D

And BTW, fuck Kansas 4321

:p

Dave Lane
08-12-2010, 03:17 PM
Zero expectations.

I don't have even that high of ones. If they beat mizzou, kstate and lose all the rest I'm good.

teedubya
08-12-2010, 03:19 PM
Sept. 4 North Dakota State - L
Sept. 11 Georgia Tech - L
Sept. 25 New Mexico State - L
Oct. 16 Kansas State - L
Oct. 23 Texas A&M - L
Oct. 30 @Iowa State - L
Nov. 6 Colorado - L
Nov. 13 @Nebraska - L
Nov. 20 Oklahoma State - L
Dec. 2 Milk and Cookies. - W

Is this better? Let's have ZERO expectations!! woo hoo

DeezNutz
08-12-2010, 03:19 PM
Lose. I don't see why people are so down on ISU.

Because they're ISU, and they fucking suck. Just like most years.

Chocolate Hog
08-12-2010, 03:20 PM
Are dead quarterbacks off limits, too?

I guess not for you though I can see why. Your coach looks like a rotting corpse.

Saulbadguy
08-12-2010, 03:23 PM
Because they're ISU, and they fucking suck. Just like most years.

Well, yeah. But they will probably suck less than KU.

Saulbadguy
08-12-2010, 03:24 PM
I guess not for you though I can see why. Your coach looks like a rotting corpse.

Your coach has a dicknose.

Chocolate Hog
08-12-2010, 03:25 PM
Your coach has a dicknose.

Yea but atleast he doesn't have a program thats comparable to a JUCO :clap:

Saulbadguy
08-12-2010, 03:26 PM

Yeah, but he has a dick for a nose.

Chocolate Hog
08-12-2010, 03:27 PM
Yeah, but he has a dick for a nose.

Thats why you want to kiss him?

Pants
08-12-2010, 03:32 PM
LMAO

DeezNutz
08-12-2010, 03:32 PM
Well, yeah. But they will probably suck less than KU.

Real toss up between ISU, KU, and CU. Colorado is clearly the most talented of the three, but they're chronic underachievers.

Jethopper
08-12-2010, 03:41 PM
That would be nice, but I see the only victories as Southern Mississippi, New Mexico State, and K-State at home.

Then probably 1 out of 3, or if we are really lucky 2 out of 3 of the Iowa State, Baylor, and Colorado games.

My prediction is 4-8.

WTF? You can't be serious.

Chocolate Hog
08-12-2010, 03:43 PM
Real toss up between ISU, KU, and CU. Colorado is clearly the most talented of the three, but they're chronic underachievers.

Colorado would have won more games if dad hadn't let son QB.

Bambi
08-12-2010, 03:51 PM
lol at all the K State talk...

KK is def blowing the Wildcat horn today. Apparently the Wildcats will be finishing 3rd in the new Big 12 next year.

Jethopper
08-12-2010, 03:51 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hH2LHbkatJ8

Bambi
08-12-2010, 04:04 PM
Lovin this kid already

http://media.lawrence.com/img/photos/2010/08/04/ku_fbc_practice_01_t640.jpg?a6ea3ebd4438a44b86d2e9c39ecf7613005fe067

Chocolate Hog
08-12-2010, 04:04 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hH2LHbkatJ8

What's Bo's record vs K-state as a head coach?

Silock
08-12-2010, 04:07 PM
Bought my season tickets today! W00t!

DeezNutz
08-12-2010, 04:07 PM
Colorado would have won more games if dad hadn't let son QB.

Yeah, the coaching situation there is a joke.

beer bacon
08-12-2010, 04:14 PM
I gave KU a loss against MU as well which was a bit premature on my part.

A team that got blown out by Navy and lost some key defensive players won't be that good this year.

Mizzou will be fighting for the North while KU fights to not go winless in conference play.

DeezNutz
08-12-2010, 04:19 PM
Mizzou will be fighting for the North while KU fights to not go winless in conference play.

Given KU's success in their bowl game last year, you can appreciate the perspective, though.

Bambi
08-12-2010, 04:21 PM
Given KU's success in their bowl game last year, you can appreciate the perspective, though.

Have a team band together and refuse to submit to an abusive coach? or get destroyed by a service academy?

I'll take the former.

Jethopper
08-12-2010, 04:24 PM
What's Bo's record vs K-state as a head coach?

Wasn't that funny when Osborne told Bo to STFU. What a classless lunatic.

DeezNutz
08-12-2010, 04:25 PM
Have a team band together and refuse to submit to an abusive coach? or get destroyed by a service academy?

I'll take the former.

LMAO. OH noez!!! Coach is cussing!!!! AGAIN!!!!!

Raise a banner.

Bambi
08-12-2010, 04:26 PM

cool, let's look at MU

I won't include the non con because it's an absolute joke. Congrats

Sat, Oct 9 vs Colorado - W

Sat, Oct 16 @ Texas A&M - L

Sat, Oct 23 vs Oklahoma - L

Sat, Oct 30 @ Nebraska - L

Sat, Nov 6 @ Texas Tech - L

Sat, Nov 13 vs Kansas State - W

Sat, Nov 20 @ Iowa State - W

Sat, Nov 27 vs Kansas - pick 'em

Best case 4-4. Not winning the North

beer bacon
08-12-2010, 04:36 PM
Base case scenario would be undefeated by default. An optimistic outlook is winning 2 of 3 against Tech, A&M, and NU with a loss to OU. A realistic take is 5-3 in conference with a split against Tech/A&M and losses to OU/NU.

Kansas fans should not realistically be expecting to win more than two or three games in conference, and they will get pummeled by GT.

POND_OF_RED
08-12-2010, 04:56 PM
Wickedson's avatar is very mysterious. I'm actually starting to believe that he used to party with Lindsay Lohan judging by location and all the dead brain cells.

Bambi
08-12-2010, 04:59 PM
Wickedson's avatar is very mysterious. I'm actually starting to believe that he used to party with Lindsay Lohan judging by location and all the dead brain cells.

Man she looks good in that pic huh?

WilliamTheIrish
08-12-2010, 05:00 PM

I'll take the former.

LMAO

ArrowheadHawk
08-12-2010, 05:17 PM
Base case scenario would be undefeated by default. An optimistic outlook would winning 2 of 3 against Tech, A&M, and NU with a loss to OU. A realistic take is 5-3 in conference with a split against Tech/A&M and losses to OU/NU.

Kansas fans should not realistically be expecting to win more than two or three games in conference, and they will get pummeled by GT.
I expect the GT game to go much like an OU or UT game goes.

Chocolate Hog
08-12-2010, 05:21 PM
Wasn't that funny when Osborne told Bo to STFU. What a classless lunatic.

Wasn't it funny when Bo took the 150 something ranked defense and made them one of the best in the country? What a classless lunatic.I forgot this is a Chiefs board we want a habitat for hummanity.

BWillie
08-12-2010, 06:13 PM
WTF? You can't be serious.

I can't be serious because I think KU can beat inner-state rival K-State in Lawrence? The 6-6 team from last year that beat KU by a touchdown in Manhattan? K-State returns what, half or less of their starters from last year. Like Kansas, they don't really have any talent to begin w/. K-State sucks. Nebraska is going to hammer the North this year, and they aren't even that good. (Top 20 team)

Reerun_KC
08-12-2010, 06:15 PM
LMAO. OH noez!!! Coach is cussing!!!! AGAIN!!!!!

Raise a banner.

WTF? This is MU dude... I think your mixed up again...

|Zach|
08-12-2010, 06:16 PM
cool, let's look at MU

Sat, Oct 16 @ Texas A&M - L

Sat, Nov 6 @ Texas Tech - L

Sat, Nov 27 vs Kansas - pick 'em

Sorry about this. But you don't know enough about what a conference Big 12 win looks like to make these forecasts. One just isn't going to do it. ROFL

Jethopper
08-12-2010, 06:20 PM
I can't be serious because I think KU can beat inner-state rival K-State in Lawrence? The 6-6 team from last year that beat KU by a touchdown in Manhattan? K-State sucks. Nebraska is going to hammer the North this year, and they aren't even that good. (Top 15-20 team)

You do know KSU has a first round running back that has more talent than any player you have had on your team in the last 25 years right? You do know that you lost 3 of the best players you have had in the last 25 years right? You do know that 2 wins in conference would be an upgrade for your team right? "K-State sucks"...... "listen to what happened last year with a different coach and more talent"....... You can't be serious... KU is the least talented team in the entire big 12. Take off your rainbow turkey shades and look at your team. Kale Pick and history await.

BWillie
08-12-2010, 06:23 PM
You do know KSU has a first round running back that has more talent than any player you have had on your team in the last 25 years right? You do know that you lost 3 of the best players you have had in the last 25 years right? You do know that 2 wins in conference would be an upgrade for your team right? "K-State sucks"...... "listen to what happened last year with a different coach and more talent"....... You can't be serious... KU is the least talented team in the entire big 12. Take off your rainbow turkey shades and look at your team. Kale Pick and history await.

Rainbow shades? Get a grip dude. I've been harping (and pissing some KU fans off) about how bad we will be this year. KU is going to go like 4-8, win 1-2 games in the conference. I just think K-State will be one of them. I actually think K-State is a shade better than Kansas this year, but I think having the home game and inner state rival will put that game over the top. K-State is not nearly as talented as you think they are. K-State fans are just stoked they went 4-4 in the conference last year in the retard fight otherwise known as the Big 12 North. Everybody in the North is going to suck this year, except for Nebraska, and maybe Missouri. I would give Colorado a shot, but then I realize their coach is Dan Hawkins.

I could be wrong, but I doubt it. But if you are falling off your rocker for thinking that KU has no shot to beat K-State at home then I think you need to re-evaluate how good, or bad, your team really is

Reerun_KC
08-12-2010, 06:29 PM
I laugh at the MU and KSU fans that act like KU was a power house football program.

Then splash in NE fan...

Provides hours of comical relief....

Shit please remind me when MU or KSU was playing for a National Title or even in the title game in the last 40 years?

BWillie
08-12-2010, 06:35 PM
I like Wickedson. Every board needs a KU homer. He certainly is it. Always helps provide some positivity when the KU masses are lacking it.

Frazod
08-12-2010, 06:38 PM
I like Wickedson. Every board needs a KU homer. He certainly is it. Always helps provide some positivity when the KU masses are lacking it.

So you're saying KU needed a KnowMo?

Reerun_KC
08-12-2010, 06:41 PM

Not much to be positive about, this year is going to suck, but the future could be bright. Will be interesting to see this team in 3 years from now...

Reerun_KC
08-12-2010, 06:41 PM

Like MU's CoMoChief?

Jethopper
08-12-2010, 06:46 PM
Rainbow shades? Get a grip dude. I've been harping (and pissing some KU fans off) about how bad we will be this year. KU is going to go like 4-8, win 1-2 games in the conference. I just think K-State will be one of them. I actually think K-State is a shade better than Kansas this year, but I think having the home game and inner state rival will put that game over the top. K-State is not nearly as talented as you think they are. K-State fans are just stoked they went 4-4 in the conference last year in the retard fight otherwise known as the Big 12 North. Everybody in the North is going to suck this year, except for Nebraska, and maybe Missouri. I would give Colorado a shot, but then I realize their coach is Dan Hawkins.

I could be wrong, but I doubt it. But if you are falling off your rocker for thinking that KU has no shot to beat K-State at home then I think you need to re-evaluate how good, or bad, your team really is

Wow.......

Brock
08-12-2010, 06:50 PM

Why not, MU has Pitt Gorilla.

|Zach|
08-12-2010, 06:51 PM
Why not, MU has Pitt Gorilla.

I am not sure MU has a wildly homeristic equivalent. Every now and again you get some guys who don't post that much that pop in and go homertastic...but I can't think of a regular.

Sure-Oz
08-12-2010, 07:03 PM
Who knew a KU thread would go 9 pages, about football

Reerun_KC
08-12-2010, 07:06 PM
Who knew a KU thread would go 9 pages, about football

Not me... :(

Most of it is KSU and MU fans telling KU fans that their football team sucks... Its almost like the pot calling the kettle a, well, Kettle....

or a MU basketball thread....

Brock
08-12-2010, 07:19 PM
I am not sure MU has a wildly homeristic equivalent. Every now and again you get some guys who don't post that much that pop in and go homertastic...but I can't think of a regular.

Of course you can't.

|Zach|
08-12-2010, 07:34 PM
Of course you can't.

I would have no problem calling a homer a homer. Calling Pitt "that guy" is silly. You have to go pretty far out of your way to be the equivalent of wickedson.

Extra Point
08-12-2010, 07:38 PM
Kietzman is full of shit, as usual.

Reerun_KC
08-12-2010, 07:40 PM
Kietzman is full of shit, as usual.

Easy there, now lets not piss off all the KSU fans... KK is their voice...

Brock
08-12-2010, 07:52 PM
I would have no problem calling a homer a homer. Calling Pitt "that guy" is silly. You have to go pretty far out of your way to be the equivalent of wickedson.

I can pick out several MU fans that are total homers. If you were objective about it, you could too.

|Zach|
08-12-2010, 07:52 PM
I can pick out several MU fans that are total homers. If you were objective about it, you could too.

Go ahead...

A few wickedson style homers. I am not just talking about people who are optimistic about Mizzou.

Pablo
08-12-2010, 08:18 PM
Y R MU FANS COMMIN IN ARE THREAD!!!1?????

ArrowheadHawk
08-12-2010, 09:18 PM
This will be an interesting thread to bump in December.

Brock
08-12-2010, 09:20 PM
Go ahead...

A few wickedson style homers. I am not just talking about people who are optimistic about Mizzou.

We'll revisit this as the season goes along.

gblowfish
08-12-2010, 09:22 PM
I miss Mangino already.

Al Bundy
08-12-2010, 09:36 PM
cool, let's look at MU

Sat, Oct 16 @ Texas A&M - L Mike Sherman is the coach

Sat, Nov 6 @ Texas Tech - L Wrong.

Sat, Nov 27 vs Kansas - pick 'em Wrong, MU will win that one by 14

Sounds like you didn't really listen to anything 810 said. Do you actually know who is going to be KU's starting QB?

Lzen
08-12-2010, 09:55 PM

ROFL A first round RB that has more talent than any player KU has had in the last 25 years, eh? ROFL You're dumb.

Lzen
08-12-2010, 10:03 PM
Sounds like you didn't really listen to anything 810 said. Do you actually know who is going to be KU's starting QB?

Not sure what difference it makes at this point. A decision will be made before the season starts. But I do know it is between Kale Pick and Jordan Webb. I personally think it will be Kale. He seems to have the slight advantage right now.

ArrowheadHawk
08-12-2010, 10:15 PM
Not sure what difference it makes at this point. A decision will be made before the season starts. But I do know it is between Kale Pick and Jordan Webb. I personally think it will be Kale. He seems to have the slight advantage right now.

I also think Kale will win the job. He is more mobile in the pocket and he is actually a good passer.

Bambi
08-12-2010, 10:39 PM
How am I a homer when I predict KU going 4-4 in the conference with an incredibly easy schedule?

Give me a break.

Some of you people are acting like they are putting a HS team out there. please...

I love the hate. It runs soooo deep.

If I'm a homer then I guess so is Phil Steele and the Sporting News. They both have KU going to a bowl.

holla, see ya'll on the battlefield of love

bigbrown
08-12-2010, 10:39 PM
what happened?

|Zach|
08-12-2010, 11:03 PM
We'll revisit this as the season goes along.

Seriously Brock? lol.

You made it seem pretty obvious.

Chocolate Hog
08-12-2010, 11:44 PM
This will be an interesting thread to bump in December.

Ku fans forget about football by Oct.

Saulbadguy
08-13-2010, 07:43 AM

How is UCF this year? My KATZ play them this year, September 25th.

Reerun_KC
08-13-2010, 08:38 AM
Ku fans forget about football by Oct.

Do you have some proof or evidence to back up your claims?

Otherwise, in typical Billay fashion, you're just throwing shit and hoping it sticks....

buddha
08-13-2010, 09:21 AM
yawn...

Why don't we make a pact and stop the senseless waste of bandwidth. Between NU, MU, KSU and KU, whichever team finishes last in this group, all of those fans have to SHUT THE F*** UP for an entire year about Big 12 football?

I'm a Mizzou fan and I'll gladly join that pool. What about you, Reerun and WickedSon?

Brock
08-13-2010, 09:36 AM
Seriously Brock? lol.

You made it seem pretty obvious.

Seriously, Zach. lol.

I don't have time to go searching for examples of it right now, so as the fresh ones appear, your highness will be the first to be notified.

|Zach|
08-13-2010, 10:03 AM
Seriously, Zach. lol.

I don't have time to go searching for examples of it right now, so as the fresh ones appear, your highness will be the first to be notified.

I don't need any examples...just names. I mean we all know the KU and MU regulars. Why not just point them out.

ChiTown
08-13-2010, 10:04 AM
I don't need any examples...just names. I mean we all know the KU and MU regulars. Why not just point them out.

Can't the MU and KU fans just point missiles at each other's respective campuses and do the vast majority of us a huge favor?

DeezNutz
08-13-2010, 10:06 AM
Can't the MU and KU fans just point missiles at each other's respective campuses and do the vast majority of us a huge favor?

Yeah, ok, Freud. Don't get too excited over there thinking about my "missile."

Brock
08-13-2010, 10:07 AM

Well, if I just post names, inevitably, you're going to ask for examples of their handiwork. So let's just wait a little while, okay pumpkin?

ChiTown
Yeah, ok, Freud. Don't get too excited over there thinking about my "missile."

You talk shit on me one more fucking time, and I will have my boy MoHbilly PHUCK YOU UP!

|Zach|

We do have a nuclear reactor. Just sayn.

|Zach|
08-13-2010, 10:08 AM
Well, if I just post names, inevitably, you're going to ask for examples of their handiwork. So let's just wait a little while, okay pumpkin?

You probably get your shit kicked in by your friends at poker don't you.

Brock
08-13-2010, 10:08 AM

That explains the eye placement over there.

DeezNutz
08-13-2010, 10:09 AM
You talk shit on me one more ****ing time, and I will have my boy MoHbilly PHUCK YOU UP!

LMAO.

gblowfish
08-13-2010, 10:10 AM

"The Day After" is one of my all time favorite movies. Lawrence gets nuked.
http://www.lawrence.com/news/2003/nov/19/fallout_from/

Brock
08-13-2010, 10:11 AM

You don't have a girlfriend, do you.

Pants
08-13-2010, 10:12 AM

He wasn't bluffing, Zahcy-poo. If he gives a you name, are you going to call him out to give you examples or not?

Pants
08-13-2010, 10:13 AM

No, silly, it was KC that got nuked.

Reerun_KC
08-13-2010, 10:28 AM
yawn...

Why don't we make a pact and stop the senseless waste of bandwidth. Between NU, MU, KSU and KU, whichever team finishes last in this group, all of those fans have to SHUT THE F*** UP for an entire year about Big 12 football?

I'm a Mizzou fan and I'll gladly join that pool. What about you, Reerun and WickedSon?

Sure I dont care.... Lets do this to really make it fun.

Which ever team places better in the conference, the other 3 cant make a thread or anything about that teams program for a year. Same deal for basketball as for footbal, cant make a thread about their basketball program either...

This goes for anything related about that program.

You guys game?

You up for it...

vailpass
08-13-2010, 10:48 AM
Sure I dont care.... Lets do this to really make it fun.

Which ever team places better in the conference, the other 3 cant make a thread or anything about that teams program for a year. Same deal for basketball as for footbal, cant make a thread about their basketball program either...

This goes for anything related about that program.

You guys game?

You up for it...

ROFL

Reerun_KC
08-13-2010, 10:54 AM
ROFL

I know I was laughing at it to, when thinking I had to add MU into that conversation....

|Zach|
08-13-2010, 11:13 AM
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/OXBM7XxZ5DI?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/OXBM7XxZ5DI?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

gblowfish
08-13-2010, 11:15 AM
Aw Farokhmanesh!
Let's keep arguing about basketball. It's fun!!!

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/GiwqEz50ipY?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/GiwqEz50ipY?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Reerun_KC
08-13-2010, 11:19 AM
Aw Farokhmanesh!
</EMBED>

Thats all you can bring for smack? Seriously?

Edit: didnt your football team get run in the bowl game last year???? I mean if you want to compare post season flops...

gblowfish
08-13-2010, 11:22 AM
Thats all you can bring for smack? Seriously?

Hey, don't bug me right now. Scott is teaching me how to clap.

Reerun_KC
08-13-2010, 11:24 AM
Hey, don't bug me right now. Scott is teaching me how to clap.

Maybe Todd can teach you how to properly salute people, while they are at it..

HC_Chief
08-13-2010, 11:42 AM
Aw Farokhmanesh!

:spock:
An MU fan trying to throw smack at KU basketball is like a five year old trying to pick a fight with Anderson Silva. Inevitibly the latter in both instances simply laughs it off.

vailpass
08-13-2010, 11:54 AM
:spock:
An MU fan trying to throw smack at KU basketball is like a five year old trying to pick a fight with Anderson Silva. Inevitibly the latter in both instances simply laughs it off.

In as much as Anderson Silva is an afterthought whose prime has come and gone this would be correct I guess.

Lzen
08-13-2010, 11:54 AM

And KC and some missile base in Missouri. That movie scared the hell outta me when I first saw it as a kid. Actually, it still does scare me.

HC_Chief
08-13-2010, 11:56 AM
In as much as Anderson Silva is an afterthought whose prime has come and gone this would be correct I guess.

Riiiight. :rolleyes:

Pants
08-13-2010, 11:57 AM

Your retardation, much like your ignorance, knows no bounds.

LMAO

Bambi
08-13-2010, 11:58 AM
yawn...

Coming from the team with the lone returning starting QB. Way to go out on a limb. :rolleyes:

I will take this bet next year though. I have to evaluate Pick on the field.

ArrowheadHawk
08-13-2010, 12:01 PM
This has turned into a great thread.

Pants

They always do.

Lzen
WTF are we talking KU hoops in a KU football thread? Go away you trash talking jackasses.

vailpass
08-13-2010, 12:02 PM
Your retardation, much like your ignorance, knows no bounds.

LMAO

Ah, the disenfranchised one. Of course you don't know shit about sports, how would you? Maybe your children's children will get it.

Bambi
08-13-2010, 12:02 PM
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/OXBM7XxZ5DI?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/OXBM7XxZ5DI?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Thanks for posting this. I still never figured it out. Usually I'm way too drunk by the time we win to get the clapping right.

I'll practice for this season.

Lzen
08-13-2010, 12:03 PM

Except that KU just won a title as recently as 2 years ago and is a NCAA title contender pretty much every year. Not a good comparison.

vailpass
08-13-2010, 12:03 PM
WTF are we talking KU hoops in a KU football thread? Go away you trash talking jackasses.

That's why I'm laughing. Every time I see you guys running in-state football smack all KU guy can do is find a way to somehow clumsily try to work basketball into the picture. Pathetisad.

vailpass
08-13-2010, 12:04 PM
Except that KU just won a title as recently as 2 years ago and is a NCAA title contender pretty much every year. Not a good comparison.

1. I don't really know who Silva is.
2. The point is that nobody whose school has a football program gives a shit about basketball right now.

Bambi
08-13-2010, 12:05 PM

so much venom... so much hate. What is it about KU that they can't deal with?

I understand that all time KU has more wins against both MU and KSU in both major sports but you'd figure that once in a while we could just have a rational discussion..

Lzen
yawn...

This is dumb. You can't get all the fans of a program to not talk about the program for a year. I don't care if KU finishes in the cellar. I will still talk about them whether you whiny MUs like it or not.

ArrowheadHawk
I watched the FSN preview show for the Jayhawks last night. Pretty cool. I am pumped and ready for the season to start. Come on Sept. 4.

Pants
Ah, the disenfranchised one. Of course you don't know shit about sports, how would you? Maybe your children's children will get it.

What in the fuck are you talking about? You do realize KU landed the #1 recruit in the country, right? You do realize McMorris has been lighting it up in national camps to where the collective NBA scouts are saying he's the best #4 in the country, right? All you know is how to throw out empty fucking one liners that make no sense.

Garbage. GTFO out of this thread, it has nothing to do with you or the irrelevant farmer school you're a fan of.

You do realize that Anderson Silva has defended his belt EIGHT fucking times, right? Fucking troll.

ArrowheadHawk
08-13-2010, 12:06 PM
This is dumb. You can't get all the fans of a program to not talk about the program for a year. I don't care if KU finishes in the cellar. I will still talk about them whether you whiny MUs like it or not.This. Why are we even on a forum if we aren't gonna talk about sports?

Bambi
08-13-2010, 12:07 PM
2. The point is that nobody whose school has a football program gives a shit about basketball right now.

Agreed. Basketball and KU's dominance over every program within 1,000 miles of it has no place in this thread.

This is about KU football and this season's expectations.

Lzen
08-13-2010, 12:08 PM
That's why I'm laughing. Every time I see you guys running in-state football smack all KU guy can do is find a way to somehow clumsily try to work basketball into the picture. Pathetisad.

Its funny because even when KU fans are not responsible for bringing hoops smack in a KU football thread, we still get blamed for it.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=6931778&postcount=169

Pants
08-13-2010, 12:09 PM

Holy shit, I couldn't ask for a better case of irony from Jesus himself.

Lzen
08-13-2010, 12:10 PM
<object height="385" width="640">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/OXBM7XxZ5DI?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" height="385" width="640"></object>

Is this supposed to be some kind of smack? Actually, it turns out to be useful. I always wondered what they were doing with the clapping during the KU fight song. I guess you have to go to school there to learn that part. /shrug

Bambi
08-13-2010, 12:10 PM
Its funny because even when KU fans are not responsible for bringing hoops smack in a KU football thread, we still get blamed for it.

This is a common trait I've found within KU threads on this board.

9 times out of 10 you get some kinda comment like "KU fans, so much of their self worth is wrapped up in that basketball team" from non-KU fans.

weird

Bambi
08-13-2010, 12:11 PM
Is this supposed to be some kind of smack? Actually, it turns out to be useful. I always wondered what they were doing with the clapping during the KU fight song. I guess you have to go to school there to learn that part. /shrug

I believe it's an attempt at homophobic humor but I too found it to be very helpful.

ArrowheadHawk
08-13-2010, 12:12 PM
Is this supposed to be some kind of smack? Actually, it turns out to be useful. I always wondered what they were doing with the clapping during the KU fight song. I guess you have to go to school there to learn that part. /shrugI thought everyone was just clapping with the music. Good to know.

Pants
08-13-2010, 12:12 PM

LMAO

Attention span of a 3 year old and reading comprehension of a 5 year old. A winner is a winner, amirite?

gblowfish
08-13-2010, 12:13 PM

Lzen is right. I brought up Farokhmanesh. It's all my fault. My bad. Sorry bout that.

I should come correct next time. I'll do better, promise!

BTW: Hey guys, it's almost football season! Chiefs play tonight, and I'm feeling extra feisty today!

Lzen
08-13-2010, 12:13 PM
I watched the FSN preview show for the Jayhawks last night. Pretty cool. I am pumped and ready for the season to start. Come on Sept. 4.

Thanks for letting us know it was on, asshole.

j/k :D

gblowfish
08-13-2010, 12:15 PM
Agreed. Basketball and KU's dominance over every program within 1,000 miles of it has no place in this thread.

This is about KU football and this season's expectations.

Um, I believe NIU is only about 250 miles from Lawrence. Just sayin...

Bambi
08-13-2010, 12:17 PM
Um, I believe NIU is only about 250 miles from Lawrence. Just sayin...

Yes, I believe Northern Illinois is around 250 miles from Lawrence. I'm not sure they've ever played but if they did I'm sure KU won.

gblowfish
08-13-2010, 12:19 PM
Yes, I believe Northern Illinois is around 250 miles from Lawrence. I'm not sure they've ever played but if they did I'm sure KU won.
Right you are.
But UNI is within 300 miles for sure :)
http://www.uni.edu/

ArrowheadHawk
Thanks for letting us know it was on, asshole.

j/k :DI'm sure it will run again. Check your local listings. Plus I don't know when it actually aired I just DVR'd it and then I watched it last night. I was searching for "Kansas" so I could record the chiefs game and that showed up so I recorded it.

Lzen
Lzen is right. I brought up Farokhmanesh. It's all my fault. My bad. Sorry bout that.

I should come correct next time. I'll do better, promise!

BTW: Hey guys, it's almost football season! Chiefs play tonight, and I'm feeling extra feisty today!

Well, I guess that one is more relevant. Although that was years ago.

|Zach|
08-13-2010, 12:55 PM

Nah, I just think it is sort of funny. Not really smack. One of my good friends works over at LJW and sent it to me saying YES, EVERYONE MESSES THIS UP THEY HAVE NEEDED TO DO THIS.

It is really goofy but a good video.

WilliamTheIrish
08-13-2010, 05:22 PM
so much venom... so much hate. What is it about KU that they can't deal with?

I understand that all time KU has more wins against both MU and KSU in both major sports but you'd figure that once in a while we could just have a rational discussion..

VENOM! HATE!

Prayer! and Oath!

ArrowheadHawk
08-13-2010, 05:23 PM
VENOM! HATE!

Prayer! and Oath!

The coach can do whatever he wants as long as the product on the field is good. Too early to know about that aspect.

WilliamTheIrish
08-13-2010, 05:24 PM
The coach can do whatever he wants as long as the product on the field is good. Too early to know about that aspect.

VENOM! HATE!

Pants
08-13-2010, 05:25 PM

Better than ****ing OLD BALLS. Tell you what.

At least Gill won't shit himself on the sidelines.

WilliamTheIrish
08-13-2010, 05:27 PM

VENOM! HATE!

(I was going to answer in acronym form. Instead, since "Venom and Hate" seems to be the theme, I'm only going to post those words)

HC_Chief
08-13-2010, 05:38 PM
Nah, I just think it is sort of funny. Not really smack. One of my good friends works over at LJW and sent it to me saying YES, EVERYONE MESSES THIS UP THEY HAVE NEEDED TO DO THIS.

It is really goofy but a good video.

LOL
Thanks, and tell your friend at LJW thanks as well. :thumb:

Chocolate Hog
08-13-2010, 05:44 PM
Do you have some proof or evidence to back up your claims?

Otherwise, in typical Billay fashion, you're just throwing shit and hoping it sticks....

Yea the Nebraska/KU game last Nov where half the stadium was red and after they lost (again) KU fans said they didn't care and that it was basketball season.

Lzen
08-13-2010, 05:59 PM
Yea the Nebraska/KU game last Nov where half the stadium was red and after they lost (again) KU fans said they didn't care and that it was basketball season.

Yeah, a game in which the fans expected a loss because the season which was supposed to be great went into the shitter. That's a great example. :rolleyes:

Hey, Chiefs fans are great and loyal fans. But look at how empty that stadium has been the past few seasons, especially toward the end of the year.

Also, basketball is only mentioned in cases like this because at least it is a program that we can count on to be good year in and year out and even be in the national title picture most of the time. Its something KU fans can always hang their hat on and be proud. And before somebody posts something about UNI, I am still proud of KU's hoops team last year.

Los Pollos Hermanos
09-06-2010, 02:27 PM
Oct. 16 Kansas State - W
Oct. 23 Texas A&M - L
Oct. 30 @Iowa State - W
Nov. 6 Colorado - W
Nov. 13 @Nebraska - L

Might need to rethink this prediction.

Rausch
09-06-2010, 02:29 PM
VENOM! HATE!

(I was going to answer in acronym form. Instead, since "Venom and Hate" seems to be the theme, I'm only going to post those words)

I love the sound of the word "lavender" so I'll post that...

KChiefs1
09-06-2010, 02:37 PM
Awesome thread!

sedated
09-06-2010, 02:37 PM

this coming from a NU fan who doesn't care about NU basketball. I'm betting that would change if NU basketball ever won.

When KU basketball was beating your team's ass by 40, you didn't ever softly whisper to yourself "wait til football season"?

Saul Good
09-06-2010, 03:19 PM
Well, I guess that one is more relevant. Although that was years ago.

If you need a more recent picture of Reesing lying in his own endzone of Arrowhead Stadium having been safetied in a loss to Mizzou, try looking up the last play of his college career.

Chocolate Hog
09-06-2010, 03:58 PM
this coming from a NU fan who doesn't care about NU basketball. I'm betting that would change if NU basketball ever won.

When KU basketball was beating your team's ass by 40, you didn't ever softly whisper to yourself "wait til football season"?

Haha Ku fan brings up basketball in a football thread +1

Thats funny I remember talking abou Nebraska basketball with William last year dumbass. I go to just about every KU/Nebraska game when they come to Lawrence and guess what? Unlike KU fans I don't leave at halftime.

I think it's neat how for all these years KU fans wanted the football team to be like the basketball team and now you got it. Countless arrest, losing to small schools, ect.

Saul Good
09-06-2010, 04:02 PM

Thats funny I remember talking abou Nebraska basketball with William last year dumbass. I go to just about every KU/Nebraska game when they come to Lawrence and guess what? Unlike KU fans I don't leave at halftime.

I think it's neat how for all these years KU fans wanted the football team to be like the basketball team and now you got it. Countless arrest, losing to small schools, ect.

It's like a twist on Godwin's law. As KU football threads increase in post-count, the chances of them bringing up basketball approaches 1.

Chocolate Hog
09-06-2010, 04:04 PM
It's like a twist on Godwin's law. As KU football threads increase in post-count, the chances of them bringing up basketball approaches 1.

Only a few more months til late night!!11!

Saulbadguy
09-06-2010, 04:46 PM

:LOL:

ArrowheadHawk
09-06-2010, 04:58 PM

Actually just one.

Coach
09-06-2010, 05:00 PM

LMAO

Gill shat himself with that awful Herm-like game management there.
Posted via Mobile Device

Bambi
09-06-2010, 05:14 PM

Something tells me NU football fans should be the last ones bringing up criminal athletes.

Mecca
09-06-2010, 05:15 PM
Apparently religion is not the way to go.

ArrowheadHawk
09-06-2010, 05:15 PM
Mother fuck you Lou

Saul Good
09-06-2010, 05:16 PM
Something tells me NU football fans should be the last ones bringing up criminal athletes.

When you bring in thugs, you're supposed to win. You can lose to East Dakota Tech with choir boys.

Saul Good
09-06-2010, 05:18 PM

Pretty sure no atheist could win with this pile of crap team. What do you think the chances are of KU running the table? Their streak is at 9.

Let's give Gill a pass on this year, though. Next year should be easier when they play Oklahoma, Texas, and Texas Tech.

Saulbadguy
09-06-2010, 05:18 PM
Mother fuck you Lou

Don't you mean Lew?

Mecca
09-06-2010, 05:20 PM
Pretty sure no atheist could win with this pile of crap team. What do you think the chances are of KU running the table? Their streak is at 9.

Let's give Gill a pass on this year, though. Next year should be easier when they play Oklahoma, Texas, and Texas Tech.

This is obviously his evaluation year.

Bambi
09-06-2010, 05:21 PM
When you bring in thugs, you're supposed to win. You can lose to East Dakota Tech with choir boys.

Don't disagree. Just think it's pathetic that someone would taunt a school when the best players in their history include the likes of Lawrence Phillips, Christian Peter, and Abdul Muhhammed.

ArrowheadHawk
09-06-2010, 05:21 PM
Don't you mean Lew?
Yep

Bambi
09-06-2010, 05:23 PM

If Gill doesn't pull out a season that shows decent improvement along the way it could be a big problem for him.

A new AD will be taking over next year and usually when that happens they like to bring in their own football coach.

I already get the sense from many KU fans that they didn't like the hire from the beginning and they could easy abandon the guy. Even some KU fans on this board and the KU boards are already saying it.

Saulbadguy
09-06-2010, 05:24 PM
Yep

He is pretty shitty AD, isn't he? Not only is his tenure mired in scandal, he hired a terrible Womens basketball coach, and Turner Gill. Time will tell what Turner Gill's legacy will be, though. It sure hasn't started off on the right foot, thoguh.

Mecca
09-06-2010, 05:24 PM
Is this the moment where KU fans realize what level KU football really sits at?

Reerun_KC
09-06-2010, 05:29 PM
Is this the moment where KU fans realize what level KU football really sits at?:deevee:

Seriously? Wtf would you care about KU fans and its football program?

Bambi
09-06-2010, 05:30 PM

KU football may be what it is but I can tell you that winning the Orange Bowl over a Virgina Tech team that included the likes of Kam Chancellor and Brandon Flowers after many years of disappointment and with out paying players was one of the highest points a fan of a team can possibly have.

Pants
09-06-2010, 05:31 PM
KU football may be what it is but I can tell you that winning the Orange Bowl over a Virgina Tech team that included the likes of Kam Chancellor and Brandon Flowers after many years of disappointment and with out paying players was one of the highest points a fan of a team can possibly have.

2007/2008 was a glorious year, yes.

Bambi
09-06-2010, 05:31 PM
He is pretty shitty AD, isn't he? Not only is his tenure mired in scandal, he hired a terrible Womens basketball coach, and Turner Gill. Time will tell what Turner Gill's legacy will be, though. It sure hasn't started off on the right foot, thoguh.

Lew has a ton of problems but something tells me K State would have put up with him for less than 10 years if it meant winning a BCS Bowl and a National Championship.

duncan_idaho
09-06-2010, 05:33 PM

New ku football slogan:
Pray harder, cuss never, play more Christian, get your a$$ kicked.

Bambi
09-06-2010, 05:34 PM
2007/2008 was a glorious year, yes.

Yes it was.

And Kansas has the alumni to make sure it happens again. There's a reason the school has 3 different watch sites where I live in New York City.

Kinda amazing for a state that has to share another BCS program with less than 3 million people.

Reerun_KC
09-06-2010, 05:37 PM
New ku football slogan:
Pray harder, cuss never, play more Christian, get your a$$ kicked.

Well I guess KU is removed from BCS title contention now huh? :huh:

:LOL:

Saul Good
09-06-2010, 05:42 PM
If Gill doesn't pull out a season that shows decent improvement along the way it could be a big problem for him.

A new AD will be taking over next year and usually when that happens they like to bring in their own football coach.

I already get the sense from many KU fans that they didn't like the hire from the beginning and they could easy abandon the guy. Even some KU fans on this board and the KU boards are already saying it.

Do you think that they will hire Urban Meyer or Nick Saban to become the third coach in three years after the last two were unceremoniously fired? KU will really be working from a position of strength. Don't be surprised if they don't know that you have a good basketball team, though. You see, schools with good football teams don't really give a shit about basketball.

Brock
09-06-2010, 05:43 PM

Is this the moment where you realize how pathetic you are for picking your college team out of a phonebook? Probably not.

Pants
09-06-2010, 05:46 PM
Is this the moment where you realize how pathetic you are for picking your college team out of a phonebook? Probably not.

LMAO

|Zach|
09-06-2010, 05:52 PM

You find your Mizzou equivalent for Wickedson yet? I mean...the guy said KU is gonna beat GTech.

Saulbadguy
09-06-2010, 05:55 PM
You find your Mizzou equivalent for Wickedson yet? I mean...the guy said KU is gonna beat GTech.

ReeRoySon is a tough match.

Bambi
09-06-2010, 05:59 PM
You see, schools with good football teams don't really give a shit about basketball.

That's just not true. Sorry to break it to you.

But yes, schools that have won both the basketball national title and a football BCS game are very rare.

Schools that have won both titles obviously even more rare. I can think of only Florida. Maybe Michigan but their title was taken away.

Maybe UCLA did it? Something interesting to research.