PDA

View Full Version : Life Sunday Morning.

MOhillbilly
08-13-2010, 09:34 AM
Sunday morning im gonna head out before the suns up and drink a brew with my dad.
triple 15s. 15 yrs in my life. 15 years gone. 15th of aug.

Shit has been makin me crazy guys.

seclark
08-13-2010, 09:37 AM
respect
sec

Pants
08-13-2010, 09:40 AM
I hope it's a nice and peaceful time for you to reflect.

ChiTown
08-13-2010, 09:40 AM
I had my Dad in my life a lot longer than that, and he's been gone for over 8 years. Here's to Dad's everywhere - the good one's, anyway.

seclark
08-13-2010, 09:41 AM
I had my Dad in my life a lot longer than that, and he's been gone for over 8 years. Here's to Dad's everywhere - the good one's, anyway.

good post. i miss my old man.
sec

Reerun_KC
08-13-2010, 09:43 AM
I still have my dad... But our relationship isnt anything to the one my son and I have.

We have tried over the years.. I see the impact and I dont want my son to feel that way about me... My son and I have a great relationship... Enjoy many lifes topics and many of golf courses together.. I am thankful for the time I have with my son.

|Zach|
08-13-2010, 09:44 AM
Those early times in the water are amazing.

Hope you find what you are looking for.

ChiTown
08-13-2010, 09:46 AM
I still have my dad... But our relationship isnt anything to the one my son and I have.

We have tried over the years.. I see the impact and I dont want my son to feel that way about me... My son and I have a great relationship... Enjoy many lifes topics and many of golf courses together.. I am thankful for the time I have with my son.

The way it should be.

You have one chance in this life to be a good Father and a Good Husband. Fucking up either one of them has an impact on too many lives. It's why I try and do my absolute best (even if I'm not perfect) at both.

|Zach|
08-13-2010, 09:48 AM
My own father lost both his parents when he was 11. I think that put an extra emphasis on him to try and make sure to have the good relationship he never really got a chance to build. I have been lucky beyond in anything I could imagine in this way.

Reerun_KC
08-13-2010, 09:49 AM
The way it should be.

You have one chance in this life to be a good Father and a Good Husband. ****ing up either one of them has an impact on too many lives. It's why I try and do my absolute best (even if I'm not perfect) at both.

Yep agree 100%.... I couldnt imagine life without my wife... Almost 19 years of marriage and stronger than ever.

Actually her and I are not looking forward to the empty nest... Were already struggling with our daughter heading to college... Now in 5 quick ass years, we will be here, no kids, trying to figure out what to do with life.

Reerun_KC
08-13-2010, 09:52 AM
My own father lost both his parents when he was 11. I think that put an extra emphasis on him to try and make sure to have the good relationship he never really got a chance to build. I have been lucky beyond in anything I could imagine in this way.

thats awesome.

I actually have an uncle that is very very close to me... He was a family friend what I was young and married one of my aunts 20 years ago. Without him, my life would of been a complete train wreck. He tells me all the time, I am the son he never wanted... LOL...

I know parents are the ones whom should be your guiding lights, but sometimes in broken homes, that guiding light can be anyone. For me, it happens to be an uncle. I honestly dont know how I will handle the day I lose him.... I never like to think about it, but in life, it happens...

DeezNutz
08-13-2010, 09:53 AM
MO, I'm not going to pretend that I know how tough it was/is to walk in your shoes, so my only advice is not to fuck with the numbers too much because, if you do, you'll find a way to drive yourself crazy every month.

BIG_DADDY
08-13-2010, 09:54 AM
I will try to keep that in mind while mine is still here. Both parents are struggling right now. There isn't a second I get to spend with them I don't appreciate.

Bowser
08-13-2010, 10:34 AM
My dad has been gone nearly 20 years now. Somedays it feels like 100 years, other days it feels like I've seen him earlier in the week.

Enjoy your time with him, MO, and find some peace from it.

JASONSAUTO
08-13-2010, 11:37 AM
much respect mo.

booger
08-13-2010, 12:09 PM
:toast:

remember the good times bud!

raybec 4
08-13-2010, 12:15 PM
Keep your head up bro. Take comfort in the fact you're doing right, it shows he did his job for the 15 years you had him.

luv
08-13-2010, 12:52 PM
My dad rocks. I don't know what I'd do without him.

MOhillbilly
08-13-2010, 12:53 PM
My dad rocks. I don't know what I'd do without him.

im almost sure either my uncle or dad knows/knew your dad.

Dallas Chief
08-13-2010, 04:27 PM
Enjoy your time with your dad, bro. Respect and prayers...

DaFace
08-13-2010, 04:35 PM
For the first time in my life, I had to really come to grips with the idea that my dad might not be around forever this year when he had a heart attack. He's fine at this point, but definitely a sobering experience.