PDA

View Full Version : Obama A midterm pulse of the people about Obama.

Rain Man
08-13-2010, 12:58 PM
Will he win a second term?

Poll to follow.

healthpellets
08-13-2010, 01:08 PM
wow...there's some confidence that he'll be out in 2012.

vailpass
08-13-2010, 01:08 PM
Don't want obama to win, don't think he will.

BucEyedPea
08-13-2010, 01:10 PM
I don't make predictions. I don't want him too but I won't predict any outcome.

patteeu
08-13-2010, 01:14 PM
Don't want him to win. I was optimistic and voted for "don't think he will", but anything could happen between now and then. I'd like to believe he won't even run or that he'll resign early, but I'm not that optimistic.

mlyonsd
08-13-2010, 01:16 PM
The other side hasn't produced a candidate that can beat him. And I don't see them doing so either.

chiefsnorth
08-13-2010, 01:35 PM
He loses to a generic republican if the election were today. It is hard to make the case that this is not the worst first term in history, at least modern history. All his attractions - historic moment, he gives great speeches,etc. Are all in the rearview. Voters will need only ask themselves if the are better off now than they were in 2008. Just like the last time Jimmy Carter had to be sent home.

But this has gone beyond the economy at this point. America has serious regrets about its superficial, impulsive decision to install him. It is about HIM at this point - it is bigger than the issues.

BIG_DADDY
08-13-2010, 02:55 PM
Where is the I hope he chokes on a flafel and dies option?

Oucho Cinco
08-13-2010, 02:59 PM
Where is the "Oh HELL no" option?

Taco John
08-13-2010, 03:10 PM
I don't want him to win, but have little doubts that he will. Bush got elected to a second term despite unpopularity, I see nothing in the current dynamic that would suggest that Obama couldn't pull it off.

greg63
08-13-2010, 03:22 PM
...Does it matter whether or not he wins or loses?

healthpellets
08-13-2010, 03:23 PM

in all reality...no

greg63
08-13-2010, 03:25 PM
in all reality...no

...Kinda what I was thinking.

Oucho Cinco
08-13-2010, 03:25 PM

Yes, America might be able to recover from 4 years of this guy, 8 years may end America as we know it. He's already done significant damage to the constitution.

greg63
08-13-2010, 03:28 PM
Yes, America might be able to recover from 4 years of this guy, 8 years may end America as we know it. He's already done significant damage to the constitution.

You mean as opposed to all the other Presidents in last twenty years?

greg63
08-13-2010, 03:31 PM
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/0VQ8pgySec4?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/0VQ8pgySec4?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

'nough said.

vailpass
08-13-2010, 03:45 PM
26 respondents
23 don't want obama to win
1 wants obama to win
2 don't give a care

healthpellets
08-13-2010, 03:51 PM
let's say McCain won.

what would be different?

i assume that we'd have fewer civil liberties, and the same bailouts. Bush came up with TARP, and McCain supported it. I assume that he'd keep going with the spending cause nothing stopped Bush from spending.

we wouldn't have ObamaCare...but that's only one difference.

vailpass
08-13-2010, 04:14 PM
let's say McCain won.

what would be different?

i assume that we'd have fewer civil liberties, and the same bailouts. Bush came up with TARP, and McCain supported it. I assume that he'd keep going with the spending cause nothing stopped Bush from spending.

Somebody please tell me that this great nation of ours can come up with someone more qualified to lead than obama or McCain.
The problem isn't that we don't have anyone capable.
The problem is that anyone that is capable of leading us back to prosperity is too smart to take the job in it's current form.

alnorth
08-13-2010, 04:28 PM
If there is nothing else we learned from George W. Bush, it is this: no matter how bad a presidential candidate may look, someone else still needs to beat him.

I don't think Obama is beatable, in large part because the GOP field sucks right now. The economy will begin to turn around before the election, Obama will be seen as working with republicans (he has no choice since they will have the house), and he's one of the greatest politicians of our generation.

I'd still support whichever GOP candidate I think has the best chance of pulling the upset, but I'm pretty much assuming the next chance is 2016.

patteeu
08-13-2010, 04:29 PM
let's say McCain won.

what would be different?

We wouldn't have ObamaCare, which is a huge difference, and we wouldn't have two fresh, young, leftwing faces on the SCOTUS. We'd also be winning the peace in Iraq and in all likelihood we'd have a bit of gridlock at home.

It wouldn't be utopia though. I'm sure you're right that he'd have been a big spender, but not as big as Obama has been and the dems in Congress wouldn't have been able to spend it in whatever way they pleased.

alnorth
08-13-2010, 04:33 PM
We wouldn't have ObamaCare, which is a huge difference, and we wouldn't have two fresh, young, leftwing faces on the SCOTUS. We'd also be winning the peace in Iraq and in all likelihood we'd have a bit of gridlock at home.

It wouldn't be utopia though. I'm sure you're right that he'd have been a big spender, but not as big as Obama has been and the dems in Congress wouldn't have been able to spend it in whatever way they pleased.

You are optimistic. Even if the "enemy" were pacified for a while, they would remain so only if Iraq became a defacto American colony pretty much forever.

I'm at the point where I pretty much believe the region can not be "saved", and it is costing us an obscene amount of money to try. Iraq and Afghanistan are hellholes, we'd be better served by using our military to guard Fortress America.

Taco John
08-13-2010, 04:50 PM
I talked to my cousin back from both Afghanistan and Iraq during the 4th of July holiday. I let him know how much I appreciated his service, but told him that I have doubts about the mission. He said he appreciated the support (he commented that support with reservations about the mission is sure better than getting spat on, which he's experienced) and commented that he understood that fully because that's the way a lot of soldiers feel. I was shocked by this and asked some questions. His response was that the general feeling is that we could fight this war for 20 years and gain no real ground because the enemy combatants feel like they're defending their religion and their way of life and will continue to fight to defend it. And even the people who we are supposedly fighting for sympathize with the people we're fighting against because of their cultural bond. He said that they just cant trust anybody over there. He commented that even if we established a government over there, that government is going to experience terrorism from within because of the cultural dynamic.

These are wars that Woodrow Wilson would be proud of.

vailpass
08-13-2010, 04:54 PM
I talked to my cousin back from both Afghanistan and Iraq during the 4th of July holiday. I let him know how much I appreciated his service, but told him that I have doubts about the mission. He said he appreciated the support (he commented that support with reservations about the mission is sure better than getting spat on, which he's experienced) and commented that he understood that fully because that's the way a lot of soldiers feel. I was shocked by this and asked some questions. His response was that the general feeling is that we could fight this war for 20 years and gain no real ground because the enemy combatants feel like they're defending their religion and their way of life and will continue to fight to defend it. And even the people who we are supposedly fighting for sympathize with the people we're fighting against because of their cultural bond. He said that they just cant trust anybody over there. He commented that even if we established a government over there, that government is going to experience terrorism from within because of the cultural dynamic.

These are wars that Woodrow Wilson would be proud of.

Eyes in the sky with minimal boots on the ground. Increase the intel gathering efforts by 1000X on ground, elint, sigint, etc.

Bring a lot of those heros home to defend our borders. Be ready to react with a vengenance from above should any terrorist act be comitted against us otherwise leave them to their savage ways.

orange
08-13-2010, 04:56 PM
26 respondents
23 don't want obama to win
1 wants obama to win
2 don't give a care

Do you think he's going to get only 4% of the vote?

Or do you think this forum leans just a wee bit to the right?

Taco John
08-13-2010, 05:03 PM
Eyes in the sky with minimal boots on the ground. Increase the intel gathering efforts by 1000X on ground, elint, sigint, etc.

Bring a lot of those heros home to defend our borders. Be ready to react with a vengenance from above should any terrorist act be comitted against us otherwise leave them to their savage ways.

Funny you should say that. That was more or less his recommendation.

He's heading back in February, lamenting it. He's basically sacrificed watching his kids grow up to serve in both Iraq and Afghanistan, and now they're getting college aged. He had hoped that he could spend more time at home and get close with them, and things have been going swimmingly for him when he got called back to Afghanistan.

It's pretty easy for people to be flip about using the military to nation-build. But the people doing it are being worn thin defending people who they don't trust and who don't trust them. And along the way, a generation of kids is growing up without the daily life role models of some pretty great people.

The Mad Crapper
08-13-2010, 05:03 PM
If there is nothing else we learned from George W. Bush, it is this: no matter how bad a presidential candidate may look, someone else still needs to beat him.

I don't think Obama is beatable, in large part because the GOP field sucks right now. The economy will begin to turn around before the election, Obama will be seen as working with republicans (he has no choice since they will have the house), and he's one of the greatest politicians of our generation.

I'd still support whichever GOP candidate I think has the best chance of pulling the upset, but I'm pretty much assuming the next chance is 2016.

I disagree. I think the economy is about to hit the skids real hard---

Tax increases and a second wave of home foreclosures over the next two years, and the economy would have to grow 250,000 jobs a month for two years just to get (back) to 8% unemployment.

It's too bad Obamacare doesn't kick in until 2014 but I think enough people will (still) be pissed enough about that to deep six his sorry ass.

Taco John
08-13-2010, 05:04 PM

Tax increases and a second wave of home foreclosures over the next two years, and the economy would have to grow 250,000 jobs a month for two years just to get (back) to 8% unemployment.

It's too bad Obamacare doesn't kick in until 2014 but I think enough people will (still) be pissed enough about that to deep six his sorry ass.

And lets not rule out the Lee Harvey Oswald factor. He might not even make it to 2012.

Pretty disgusting post really. Not much redeeming value at all in it.

Mile High Mania
08-13-2010, 05:07 PM
Obama, the fans of ChiefsPlanet have voted and the overwhelming opinion is... you suck, my friend.

mlyonsd
08-13-2010, 05:09 PM

WTF man.

vailpass
08-13-2010, 05:09 PM

Not sure what I said to make it sound like I was assigning validity to a sample of 26 on a single intraweb bb.

The blacks alone will account for obama getting a large number of votes. throw in the hispanics and blind liberals for good measure.

Hopefully there will be enough of us that vote the issues to get this bum out of office and begin repealing his healthcare debacle and unfucking the other wrong moves he made.

mlyonsd
08-13-2010, 05:11 PM

Second thoughts on the last part huh?

You won't be taken seriously posting crap like that. If that matters to you.

BucEyedPea
08-13-2010, 05:12 PM
I'm at the point where I pretty much believe the region can not be "saved", and it is costing us an obscene amount of money to try. Iraq and Afghanistan are hellholes, we'd be better served by using our military to guard Fortress America.

Ayup! Just Progressives think that....progressive nation builders.

vailpass
08-13-2010, 05:12 PM

He's heading back in February, lamenting it. He's basically sacrificed watching his kids grow up to serve in both Iraq and Afghanistan, and now they're getting college aged. He had hoped that he could spend more time at home and get close with them, and things have been going swimmingly for him when he got called back to Afghanistan.

It's pretty easy for people to be flip about using the military to nation-build. But the people doing it are being worn thin defending people who they don't trust and who don't trust them. And along the way, a generation of kids is growing up without the daily life role models of some pretty great people.

There are a lot of first-handers who favor the force monitor tactic instead of troops in theatre.
The govt. spending some of the billions of Afghanistan $ on DOD contracts for UAV, sigint, elint, masint and related would be a huge boost to this economy as well as saving lives.
Your cousin and thousands like him are making sacrifices for the rest of us. Here's to his safe return at the end of his hitch.

alnorth
08-13-2010, 05:25 PM
Ayup! Just Progressives think that....progressive nation builders.

There's nothing quite like watching an opinion you hold be proven hilariously, spectacularly wrong to make you change your mind.

The sad thing is some people still cling to this idea. I can sort of understand (but not agree with) the "we have no choice, we aren't there to save anyone, we must protect america" argument, but anyone who still thinks we can create some sort of democratic paradise, or that we should even try, is willfully ignoring overwhelming evidence that it can not be done even with the full attention and resources of the world's superpower.

Velvet_Jones
08-13-2010, 06:33 PM
This clusterfvck of joy will take a hit in 2010 and end in 2012.

Oucho Cinco
08-13-2010, 08:24 PM
You mean as opposed to all the other Presidents in last twenty years?

All of the other presidents in the last 20 years have not done the damage this guy has done in less than 2 years. He is divisive and spending money our great great grand kids won't be able to pay back.

alnorth
08-13-2010, 08:26 PM
He is divisive and spending money our great great grand kids won't be able to pay back.

Aside from maybe George H. W. Bush (boring guy, didn't do much), that pretty well describes every president after Reagan.

HonestChieffan
08-13-2010, 08:41 PM

Sure seems it leans right since all the libs have abandoned ship if they have any brains at all.

alanm
08-13-2010, 09:49 PM
All of the other presidents in the last 20 years have not done the damage this guy has done in less than 2 years. He is divisive and spending money our great great grand kids won't be able to pay back.The house and senate have to be neutered first.
Pelosi and Reid have to be sent packing.

DaneMcCloud
08-13-2010, 09:59 PM
Sure seems it leans right since all the libs have abandoned ship if they have any brains at all.

We certainly are fully aware that you have no brain.

And how can this be a "mid-term" pulse when it's not been two years yet?

There have been many presidents who typically failed in their first 2 years, only to turn it around and rebound.

The opposite is also true. GWB was riding high after the Gulf War in 1990 and he lost all that momentum in the final two years of his term.

There's still a chance that our current president can turn it around. But the Republicans are going to need to have a staunch candidate to even have a chance and they'll need 2.5 more years of epic fail, which quite honestly, doesn't even seem feasible.

DaneMcCloud
08-13-2010, 10:01 PM
The house and senate have to be neutered first.
Pelosi and Reid have to be sent packing.

How Harry Reid still has supporters in Nevada is beyond me.

Pelosi does well for her district but I just can't even imagine her as SOTH after the November elections.

But Washington never ceases to amaze me with their stupidity.

Kinda like DishonestChiefsfan.

alnorth
08-13-2010, 10:06 PM
How Harry Reid still has supporters in Nevada is beyond me.

Doesn't help anything that the NV GOP nominated a bird-brained walking gaffe-machine. Harry Reid should be a dead man walking, but he may yet survive because the tea party nominated a very weak candidate.

fan4ever
08-13-2010, 10:13 PM
If he wins a second term buy stock in Zoloft...because I'll be ordering it by the case-load.

BIG_DADDY
08-13-2010, 11:48 PM
OK, who are fishfood1 and fishfood2?

Reaper16
08-13-2010, 11:56 PM
I voted "Don't want him to have a second term but think he will get one." I really wish I could want him to have a second term, but I won't be voting for him again.

BIG_DADDY
08-13-2010, 11:57 PM
I voted "Don't want him to have a second term but think he will get one." I really wish I could want him to have a second term, but I won't be voting for him again.

That is your best post EVAR!!!

Reaper16
08-13-2010, 11:58 PM
That is your best post EVAR!!!
But my reasoning is that he hasn't been progressive enough for me. :D

BIG_DADDY
08-14-2010, 12:02 AM
But my reasoning is that he hasn't been progressive enough for me. :D

You are one sick fucker dog.

greg63
08-14-2010, 12:06 AM
All of the other presidents in the last 20 years have not done the damage this guy has done in less than 2 years. He is divisive and spending money our great great grand kids won't be able to pay back.

...And the beat goes on.

I just simply do not believe in our governmental system or processes anymore, and the cluster-flop we find ourselves in is due to both sides of the isle; as such I feel like it no longer makes any real difference who America appoints to occupy the oval office. If it sounds as if I have given up on the whole thing it's because I have.

Reaper16
08-14-2010, 12:08 AM
You are one sick fucker dog.
TO be more specific, it comes down to:

1.) He's failed miserably at keeping his campaign promises to not allow special interests a place in his administration.

2.) He's been horrendous on food policy.

3.) He fucked up healthcare by crowning the asses of the whole insurance industry.

4.) It remains to be seen if he will get anything accomplished re: fixing/removing No Child Left Behind

5.) Generally governing like W. Bush.

BIG_DADDY
08-14-2010, 12:11 AM
TO be more specific, it comes down to:

1.) He's failed miserably at keeping his campaign promises to not allow special interests a place in his administration.

2.) He's been horrendous on food policy.

3.) He ****ed up healthcare by crowning the asses of the whole insurance industry.

4.) It remains to be seen if he will get anything accomplished re: fixing/removing No Child Left Behind

5.) Generally governing like W. Bush.

Good take

alnorth
08-14-2010, 12:29 AM
You are one sick ****er dog.

ROFL

I dont know why, this post made me laugh out loud. (not laugh as in I thought the post was dumb or I agreed with it, just an awesome reply)

patteeu
08-14-2010, 01:35 AM
You are optimistic. Even if the "enemy" were pacified for a while, they would remain so only if Iraq became a defacto American colony pretty much forever.

It's not costing us that much. Many of the dollars being spent on military activities in Iraq/Afghanistan would be spent regardless of where our troops were stationed. Even before taking these costs out, the cost of the war is almost trivial compared to the domestic spending binge we've been on. And unlike many government programs (e.g. Obamacare), this spending isn't designed to be permanent.

patteeu
08-14-2010, 01:38 AM

If he's really missed that much of his kid's lives, he's had opportunities to leave the military and apparently chose not to.

patteeu
08-14-2010, 01:47 AM
There's nothing quite like watching an opinion you hold be proven hilariously, spectacularly wrong to make you change your mind.

The sad thing is some people still cling to this idea. I can sort of understand (but not agree with) the "we have no choice, we aren't there to save anyone, we must protect america" argument, but anyone who still thinks we can create some sort of democratic paradise, or that we should even try, is willfully ignoring overwhelming evidence that it can not be done even with the full attention and resources of the world's superpower.

Have you paid attention to the dramatic change that's already taken place in Iraq? Three years ago, most people were saying there was no chance today's Iraq could ever happen and here it is. I don't know if anything can be accomplished in Afghanistan, but Iraq has proven that they want a peaceful, modern state. And they'll have it. All that remains to be determined is whether it will be the US that helps them get there or Iran.

The Mad Crapper
08-14-2010, 07:00 AM
I don't think Obama is beatable, in large part because the GOP field sucks right now. The economy will begin to turn around before the election

Wishful thinking. YOu are delusional.

The economy is about to hit the skids even harder---

Tax increases and a second wave of home foreclosures over the next two years; the economy would have to grow 250,000 jobs a month for two years just to get (back) to 8% unemployment.

Plus backlash for Obamacare.

healthpellets
08-14-2010, 07:53 AM
Wishful thinking. YOu are delusional.

The economy is about to hit the skids even harder---

Tax increases and a second wave of home foreclosures over the next two years; the economy would have to grow 250,000 jobs a month for two years just to get (back) to 8% unemployment.

Plus backlash for Obamacare.

just like your other post but you forgot the Oswald part...

Oucho Cinco
08-14-2010, 07:57 AM
I don't think

Ah HA! We have found your problem.

BucEyedPea
08-14-2010, 08:01 AM
It's not costing us that much.

Not if you use a phony manipulated GDP statistic which is included govt spending. FACT is we're BANKRUPT now. LOL!

Direckshun
08-14-2010, 10:06 AM
I want Obama to win a second term and think he will.

I've already got sportsshrink wrapped up in a bet about it. Anybody else want to join the bet?

Obama wins, you never post in this forum again.

Obama loses, I never post in this forum again.

BucEyedPea
08-14-2010, 10:07 AM
Folks, if voting really changed anything it would be illegal. Think about it.

healthpellets
08-14-2010, 10:09 AM

I've already got sportsshrink wrapped up in a bet about it. Anybody else want to join the bet?

nah, too bad i agree that he will win. at least as of now.

patteeu
08-14-2010, 10:15 AM

That's a sucker's bet. If Obama loses, you'll never post in this forum again anyway.

Baby Lee
08-14-2010, 10:21 AM

Geez what an intriguing prospect.

'You know what's missing from my life? Discussing politics exclusively with people who agree with me.'

Direckshun
08-14-2010, 10:57 AM
That's a sucker's bet. If Obama loses, you'll never post in this forum again anyway.

Because, as we all know, I'm hypersensitive.

memyselfI
08-14-2010, 12:17 PM
He sucks but this stupid country elected Regular twice. Lite is probably going to get a second shot at screwing things up for another term.:grr::rolleyes::rolleyes::shake:

Oucho Cinco
08-14-2010, 03:09 PM
If obama loses the next election he will just have the supreme court void the election and remain as dictator.

The Mad Crapper
08-14-2010, 03:30 PM
88% of the board DO NOTwant the SOB to get a second term.

greg63
08-14-2010, 11:27 PM
If obama loses the next election he will just have the supreme court void the election and remain as dictator.

HA! Like I said: it doesn't matter. LMAO

vailpass
08-15-2010, 12:00 PM

The Napoleon complex is strong in this one. Little guy with a big mouth. How often did you get your ass beat as a kid Direckshun?
Cue a picture or video link in response to this post.