PDA

View Full Version : Life Interesting read about Donte Stallworth

Fat Elvis
08-13-2010, 01:36 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=lc-stallworthsecondchance081210

Overshadowed, though, is what Stallworth did after it was clear he had accidentally killed a man with his car. He ordered his lawyers to accept a plea deal that convicted him of a felony even when evidence showed he had an excellent chance of being found innocent. He said Reyes’ death was enough of his fault that there shouldn’t be a trial and Reyes’ family shouldn’t have to sit in a courthouse and relive his death all over again.

noa
08-13-2010, 01:38 PM
he also let me cut in front of him at the grocery store because he was getting a bunch of stuff and i was just getting my box of magnums

DMAC
08-13-2010, 01:48 PM
Yeah, but he also quit his flight attendent job by sliding down the emergency chute

Mr. Laz
08-13-2010, 01:50 PM
for what i understand, Stallworth's alchohol was more or less irrelevant to the entire situation. He would of hit the guy stone sober ... it was just one of those things.

but people are crazed about DUI stuff no matter what the situation now so it doesn't matter whether alcohol cause anything or not ... STRING HIM UP!!!

Param
08-13-2010, 02:29 PM
for what i understand, Stallworth's alchohol was more or less irrelevant to the entire situation. He would of hit the guy stone sober ... it was just one of those things.

but people are crazed about DUI stuff no matter what the situation now so it doesn't matter whether alcohol cause anything or not ... STRING HIM UP!!!

he was hauling f'n ass and smashed a guy while drunk.

sedated
08-13-2010, 02:33 PM

how fast was he going? was he over the speed limit?

GoHuge
08-13-2010, 02:51 PM
how fast was he going? was he over the speed limit?If I remember correctly it was 45 mph, but I could be wrong.

Hydrae
08-13-2010, 02:51 PM
how fast was he going? was he over the speed limit?

If I remember right, he was pushing a yellow and went around another car to do so. Of course that also means the guy he hit was jay-walking at the time. :shrug:

DMAC
08-13-2010, 02:52 PM
He was drunk on purple drank, and texting while blindfolded.

-King-
08-13-2010, 02:52 PM

The guy would have got hit whether stallworth was sober or not.
Posted via Mobile Device

BWillie
08-13-2010, 03:08 PM

Pretty sure he was going like 8-10 over, and was around a .10 blood alcohol level

Mr. Laz
08-13-2010, 03:09 PM
Hauling ass?

Stallworth was apparently speeding, clocking in at 50 in a 40 mph zone, according to the report

Stallworth's blood alcohol level was 0.12 percent

Reyes was not in the crosswalk

Rain Man
08-13-2010, 03:14 PM
That was noble, yet at the same time incredibly stupid.

BWillie
08-13-2010, 03:39 PM
That was noble, yet at the same time incredibly stupid.

Probably not to Roger Godell

Mecca
08-13-2010, 03:43 PM
If you cross the middle of a street in the dark in dark clothing, you're pretty much asking for it.

Demonpenz
08-13-2010, 04:12 PM
Donte stallworths face got mangled in the whole thing as well.

DA_T_84
08-13-2010, 04:26 PM
I may be wrong, but wasn't there a report that the Reyes guy, who got killed, was drunk also?

WilliamTheIrish
08-13-2010, 04:55 PM
Overshadowed, though, is what Stallworth did after it was clear he had accidentally killed a man with his car. He ordered his lawyers to accept a plea deal that convicted him of a felony even when evidence showed he had an excellent chance of being found innocent. He said Reyes’ death was enough of his fault that there shouldn’t be a trial and Reyes’ family shouldn’t have to sit in a courthouse and relive his death all over again.

I actually kind of applauded Stallworth's being forthright about it. However, he pled not guilty originally to manslaughter. Stallworth was out most of the night and then in the early AM (0715) he blew a .12 and the law is .08. His reaction time was probably impaired.

And although Reyes was not in the crosswalk Stallworth made all the wrong maneuvers at the wrong time in his car. All in all he spent 24 days in the tank. Was suspended a year from the NFL. He came out of it pretty good. He also paid a very tidy sum to the family as part of the plea agreement.

WilliamTheIrish
08-13-2010, 04:56 PM
I may be wrong, but wasn't there a report that the Reyes guy, who got killed, was drunk also?

That was false as far I can tell. I haven't found any links that say as much.

BWillie
08-13-2010, 05:40 PM
That was false as far I can tell. I haven't found any links that say as much.

The pedestrian wasn't drunk. He was late for a bus he was trying to catch I believe and running across the street in front of traffic to try to make it.

Marcellus
08-13-2010, 06:02 PM
I actually kind of applauded Stallworth's being forthright about it. However, he pled not guilty originally to manslaughter. Stallworth was out most of the night and then in the early AM (0715) he blew a .12 and the law is .08. His reaction time was probably impaired.

And although Reyes was not in the crosswalk Stallworth made all the wrong maneuvers at the wrong time in his car. All in all he spent 24 days in the tank. Was suspended a year from the NFL. He came out of it pretty good. He also paid a very tidy sum to the family as part of the plea agreement.

Justice or not, most families given the choice to receive several Million $'s in settlement money or have the guy do a couple years in jail would take the $ and allow the plea.

The fact is the $ does more for the family, his kids etc... than him sitting in a jail cell.

He is felon, he lost millions of $. Most people in this situation get a 3 year sentence and do 6 months max. If not a rpeat DUI offender probably 120 days shock treatment.

teedubya
08-13-2010, 07:05 PM
Bring him in for a look. :-)