The offensive pass blocking loooked bad
Charles looked awesome
McCluster looked awesome
The Defense looked pretty good except the 1st drive
Pass rush looks better overall
Croyle already showed he is a better QB than Cassel

Peronsal player notes...

Niswanger needs to hit the pine
Keyston Moore had a very unimpressive 1st half with a huge missed block and dropped pass

Succop missed 2 53 yard attempts but both had plenty of leg and weren't huge misses

Count Zarth
08-13-2010, 07:14 PM
Didn't give up a play over 16 yards.

I'll take it.

MahiMike
08-13-2010, 07:21 PM
What is it about the preseason that makes the 2nd stringers look better than the 1st? I smell QB controversy in 12 teams this week.

Count Zarth
08-13-2010, 07:22 PM
Here come the drops.

I can't help but think this team is about the same.

mikeyis4dcats.
08-13-2010, 07:23 PM
did the refs suck?

petegz28
08-13-2010, 07:23 PM
I'll recant a little on Moore, he has had an ok half. But still missed a huge block.

Iowanian
08-13-2010, 07:24 PM
Asamoah is getting his ass kicked at RG

petegz28
08-13-2010, 07:24 PM
Chiefs 3
Falcons 3

Royals 3
Yankees 3

LMAO

Iowanian
08-13-2010, 07:25 PM
What is it about the preseason that makes the 2nd stringers look better than the 1st? I smell QB controversy in 12 teams this week.

2nd string defenses contribute to that as much as anything.

that said, Croyle has definitely looked better than Cassel.

dirk digler
08-13-2010, 07:25 PM
No one got hurt except Moeki

-King-
08-13-2010, 07:26 PM
Petegz in mid season form making threads in game.

I said this in the game thread, but....McCluster's separation is ridiculous. It will be nice watching him.

Our D-line was getting pushed around especially in the 1st drive. Pass rush seems better even for a vanilla scheme

Cassel...ugh.

Baconeater
08-13-2010, 07:28 PM
Mecca, Knowmo and Pioli Zombie should all be banned from gamethreads.

petegz28
08-13-2010, 07:29 PM
Croyle just looked like he was out there to make something happen. Cassel just looks flatfooted and more worried about the pass rush rather than making a play.

DTLB58
08-13-2010, 07:30 PM
Here come the drops.

I can't help but think this team is about the same.

I was thinking the same thing right after the strip of Cassel.

No down field passing game. :#

Coach
08-13-2010, 07:35 PM
Chiefs 3
Falcons 3

Royals 3
Yankees 3

LMAO

You know what's even funnier?

Chiefs - 3, Falcons - 3 (3rd quarter, or will be starting shortly)

Yankees - 3, Royals - 3, (3rd inning, delay)

All motherfuckin 3's.

ChiefaRoo
08-13-2010, 07:36 PM
Who on the first team O-line looks bad? All I saw was the replay of O'Callaghan getting turnstiled and Cassel getting stripped.

LaChapelle
08-13-2010, 07:37 PM
If you think I'm only going to post following the game thread
you can suck the shit out of my ass with a bendie straw

KC Tattoo
08-13-2010, 07:39 PM
Brodie throws bullets! Accurate and precise down field. WTF Cassel?

So put Brodie in with the first team and see how he does against a first team defense. That's the only way for him to prove himself for those people who say he is playing against second string defense. He can't go to the coaches on the other side and tell them to play first string. Every thing is a cop out Cassel gets excuses, Brodie just does his job.

KC Tattoo
08-13-2010, 07:41 PM

So put Brodie in with the first team and see how he does against a first team defense. That's the only way for him to prove himself for those people who say he is playing against second string defense. He can't go to the coaches on the other side and tell them to play first string. Every thing is a cop out Cassel gets excuses, Brodie just does his job.

LOL then Brodie throws an INT

TRR
08-13-2010, 07:41 PM

You may want to take that back. Throwing picks against a 2nd/3rd string defense.
Posted via Mobile Device

petegz28
08-13-2010, 07:44 PM
You may want to take that back. Throwing picks against a 2nd/3rd string defense.
Posted via Mobile Device

Miscommunication between WR and QB. That's going to happen and are more acceptable INT's than throwing a shit pass or into double coverage.

-King-
08-13-2010, 07:48 PM
Miscommunication between WR and QB. That's going to happen and are more acceptable INT's than throwing a shit pass or into double coverage.

There were 4 defenders around Urban.

petegz28
08-13-2010, 07:49 PM
There were 4 defenders around Urban.

Ah, well, ok, bad pass.

ChiefaRoo
08-13-2010, 07:50 PM
Guys I'm fooking bored out of my mind in TX. Please tell me who looks good and who sucks on the first team O and D. Please, I'm surrounded by burnt Orange A-holes. Help a brotha' out.

Molitoth
08-13-2010, 08:09 PM
Guys I'm fooking bored out of my mind in TX. Please tell me who looks good and who sucks on the first team O and D. Please, I'm surrounded by burnt Orange A-holes. Help a brotha' out.

The chiefs look bad, the falcons look good.

ChiefaRoo
08-13-2010, 08:10 PM
The chiefs look bad, the falcons look good.

Oh.... thanks? :(

BigChiefFan
08-13-2010, 08:12 PM
Guys I'm fooking bored out of my mind in TX. Please tell me who looks good and who sucks on the first team O and D. Please, I'm surrounded by burnt Orange A-holes. Help a brotha' out.The entire defense looks better, Jackson included. The back-up ILBers played better than the starters. Belcher should be a starter. At OLBer, Studebaker looks like he should be in the starting line-up. Hali was double-teamed, every play. Gilberry had some nice blitzes. Donald Washington has made a few plays.

The offense looks pedestrian. The O-line is still struglling and Cassel played pretty bad. Jamaal Charles looked great. McCluster made some nice plays.

Molitoth
08-13-2010, 08:14 PM
McCluster dropped a couple passes right in his hands.

ChiefaRoo
08-13-2010, 08:14 PM
The entire defense looks better, Jackson included. The back-up ILBers played better than the starters. Belcher should be a starter. At OLBer, Studebaker looks like he should be in the starting line-up. Hali was double-teamed, every play. Gilberry had some nice blitzes. Donald Washington has made a few plays.

The offense looks pedestrian. The O-line is still struglling and Cassel played pretty bad. Jamaal Charles looked great. McCluster made some nice plays.

Thanks BCF. I appreciate it.

Coach
08-13-2010, 08:15 PM
McCluster dropped a couple passes right in his hands.

Couple? I only recall one.

thurman merman
08-13-2010, 08:16 PM

Good on O: Charles. Nobody else.
Good on D: Jackson and Vrabel

BigChiefFan
08-13-2010, 08:17 PM
Thanks BCF. I appreciate it.No problem. Succop's missed a couple of 53 yard FGs, but that's to be expected at that distance. Croyle threw a pick. The team has a long way to go, but I still think they'll be a better team this year.

ChiefaRoo
08-13-2010, 08:18 PM

Albert?
Waters?
I know Niswanger sucks
Lilja?
I know O'Callaghan sucks

thurman merman
08-13-2010, 08:24 PM
Albert?
Waters?
I know Niswanger sucks
Lilja?
I know O'Callaghan sucks

I don't know. The game is not in HD and all the players look like little men on Tecmo Bowl. I can only see people in the open field.

TRR
08-13-2010, 08:25 PM
Albert?
Waters?
I know Niswanger sucks
Lilja?
I know O'Callaghan sucks

Line as a whole looked OK...O'Callaghan got beat twice, once on the strip sack of Cassel and Cassel even stepped up and O'Callaghan still couldn't push him past Cassel.

Our RBs, especially Moore, Battle and Williams, need to do a better job of picking up blitzing LBs.
Posted via Mobile Device

Silock
08-13-2010, 08:25 PM

McCluster looked good. Needs to work on his hands, though.

BigChiefFan
08-13-2010, 08:41 PM
Arenas returned one for a TD, but they called it back on a holding call.

Tylerthigpen!1!
08-13-2010, 08:56 PM
Arenas returned one for a TD, but they called it back on a holding call.

Arenas also had a nice 35 yard return

LaChapelle
08-13-2010, 09:04 PM
I wonder how many migraines that Price Chopper redzone graphic has triggered

-King-
08-13-2010, 09:29 PM
Arenas also had a nice 35 yard return

Hmmm, I thought it was a 42 yard return.

RustShack
08-13-2010, 09:31 PM
6 completions for 25 yards... hes so good.

LaChapelle
08-13-2010, 09:57 PM
Do they play the Give give a Garmin jingle in the stadium when they kick field goals now

fan4ever
08-13-2010, 10:05 PM
Croyle just looked like he was out there to make something happen. Cassel just looks flatfooted and more worried about the pass rush rather than making a play.

The Oline didn't help with that. Many of your guys are much more up to speed than I on the Chiefs but I thought we'd do more about the Oline this off season.

Pioli Zombie
08-13-2010, 10:06 PM
Mecca, Knowmo and Pioli Zombie should all be banned from gamethreads.
You should be banned from Elementary Schools,playgrounds,Chuck E Cheeses,and your mother is aiece of shit.

KCChiefsFan88
08-13-2010, 10:07 PM
Basically every preseason since Roaf retired has followed the same pattern... the Chiefs pass protection looks like dog shit, the homers on this board try to convince everyone not to panic only to watch the Chiefs' offensive line meltdown during the regular season.

This is the same old song and dance since Roaf retired.

KCChiefsFan88
08-13-2010, 10:09 PM
The Oline didn't help with that. Many of your guys are much more up to speed than I on the Chiefs but I thought we'd do more about the Oline this off season.

Check out some of the threads from around the draft. There was a massive contingent on this board who were on a mission to convince anyone and everyone that the Chiefs didn't have to address the offensive line in the early rounds of the draft.

Perhaps Berry can moonlight as a left tackle.

aturnis
08-13-2010, 10:51 PM
McCluster looked good. Needs to work on his hands, though.

I only remember seeing him drop one, and that one looked like he was trying to run with it too early.