PDA

View Full Version : Life Marital Status

Rain Man
08-14-2010, 08:19 PM
Just curious. Trying this question with a twist from the normal categories.

luv
08-14-2010, 08:40 PM
I wonder if I'm the oldest person on here to have never been married?

rockymtnchief
08-14-2010, 08:45 PM

Nope.

threebag02
08-14-2010, 09:00 PM
Never married, shacked up four different chicks, knocked a couple of 'em up. Marriage BIG Mistake.

I prefer away games--go to her house and leave by the morning.

DJ's left nut
08-14-2010, 09:09 PM
Never married, shacked up four different chicks, knocked a couple of 'em up. Marriage BIG Mistake.

No, asswipe.

Littering the countryside with fatherless children - BIG mistake.

Kill yourself.

Bane
08-14-2010, 09:11 PM
:LOL:LMAOLMAOLMAO

1st marriage,11 years and going.

Bearcat
08-14-2010, 09:11 PM

Uh, while this football message board IS filled with alpha males, that's a bit ridiculous.

threebag02
08-14-2010, 09:16 PM
No, asswipe.

Littering the countryside with fatherless children - BIG mistake.

Kill yourself.

Go fuck your tube sock--Wait go pack a pair in you ass. Like a gauze pack maybe it will stop the bleeding.

LoL

Stanley Nickels
08-14-2010, 10:07 PM
Engaged should count as married, AFAIC

Stanley Nickels
08-14-2010, 10:08 PM
I only say that out of personal experience (and current status) :)

Sandyskc
08-14-2010, 10:11 PM
1st divorce (2 yrs), 2nd widowed (19 yrs), now 4 years into 3rd marriage

Pawnmower
08-14-2010, 10:19 PM
Engaged should count as married, AFAIC

Youve obviously never been married

BillSelfsTrophycase
08-14-2010, 10:20 PM
First marriage with 2 kids, going on 11 years now

There are good years and there are bad years...You just have to roll with the waves

sd4chiefs
08-14-2010, 11:14 PM
1st marriage 27 years and 11 months.

DJ's left nut
08-14-2010, 11:23 PM
Go **** your tube sock--Wait go pack a pair in you ass. Like a gauze pack maybe it will stop the bleeding.

LoL

It pains me that you have multiplied.

Fortunately for the rest of us, I doubt you have significant contact with them.

BWillie
08-14-2010, 11:24 PM
Why is it that society and people in general have this expectation for you to get married, and when you don't want to, people think that there is something intrinsically wrong w/ you?

Rain Man
08-14-2010, 11:42 PM
Why is it that society and people in general have this expectation for you to get married, and when you don't want to, people think that there is something intrinsically wrong w/ you?

Good question. I think there's an expectation that people will get married and have kids. If you don't do both, you're not in the "mainstream", but being in the mainstream isn't always where a person wants to be.

Baconeater
08-14-2010, 11:50 PM
I'm a bit surprised with the results so far. Maybe there is hope for mankind after all.

tmax63
08-15-2010, 07:52 AM
Widower from 1st marriage and been common law married for almost 14 yrs with #2.

sparkky
08-15-2010, 08:53 AM
on #3 here. I figure third time's the charm, OR, strike three I'm out!!

I ain't smart, but damned if I ain't persistent! I'm not a quitter.

Old Dog
08-15-2010, 09:01 AM
1st marriage, 23+ years

1adam1238
08-15-2010, 09:34 AM
Yep. I'm a slow learner I guess. Number 4 on July 8 of this year.

seclark
08-15-2010, 09:37 AM
1st. 30years next month.
sec

crazycoffey
08-15-2010, 10:08 AM

I wonder if I'm the youngest to embark on their third marriage, LOL

Red Brooklyn
08-15-2010, 10:21 AM
1st marriage. It'll be 4 years in Sept.

EWOK
08-15-2010, 10:27 AM
1rst. marriage, 15 years next month.

BigMeatballDave
08-15-2010, 10:40 AM
Never married. Engaged twice.

GoHuge
08-15-2010, 10:54 AM
Nope never married and no children (condoms do work for those of you that are apparently unaware). I have never understood the point of marriage. If two people love each other why do they have to go and get a legal document to let everyone else know that they do? Anyway, for me I've found the key to a happy love life is multiple draft picks! :D

teedubya
08-15-2010, 11:09 AM
First marriage... but if we ever got divorced I would not remarry. Marriage is an institution I could probably do without.

Mosbonian
08-15-2010, 11:30 AM

Just of informations sake...what is there to be proud of that you "knocked a couple of 'em up"? Unless, of course you are at least acting like a real Father and helping support the kids personally and financially.

If not, then I would agree with DJ's Left Nut in thinking you are disgusting and irresponsible.

mmaddog

luv
08-15-2010, 11:30 AM
Nope never married and no children (condoms do work for those of you that are apparently unaware). I have never understood the point of marriage. If two people love each other why do they have to go and get a legal document to let everyone else know that they do? Anyway, for me I've found the key to a happy love life is multiple draft picks! :D

Tax benefits, estate planning, etc.

Careful. Kansas is a common law marriage state with no minimum length of time required that I've found.

Red Brooklyn
08-15-2010, 11:31 AM
Never say never... but if my current marriage ever ended and I was still, you know, alive... I really can't imagine I'd ever remarry. But not because I have a problem with marriage. I actually love it.

Red Brooklyn
08-15-2010, 11:32 AM

I'm not society, but I have no problem with people choosing never to marry.

People freak out all the time when I tell them that my wife and I don't want kids. So, I totally know what you mean. It's just expected, and I think that's a shame.

teedubya
08-15-2010, 11:34 AM
I'd like to have two wives at the same time, both living in the same house. Perhaps I could become Morman? My wife has a very very hot brunette friend that would be perfect for wife #2.

The house would be very clean, and the threesomes would be nice.

But if you got a divorce, they would each get half leaving me with nothing. :-(

Mosbonian
08-15-2010, 11:37 AM

People freak out all the time when I tell them that my wife and I don't want kids. So, I totally know what you mean. It's just expected, and I think that's a shame.

I'm very cool with the idea that you don't want kids....so many people have them, then treat them like an inconvenience. I admire those who know what they want.

mmaddog

Gracie Dean
08-15-2010, 11:38 AM
First marriage going on 21 years

Mosbonian
08-15-2010, 11:38 AM

Of course the flip side of that is I have had many friends who adamantly state they don't want kids, then have ended up with a brood.

mmaddog

Mosbonian
08-15-2010, 11:39 AM
BTW....26 years for me and the Mrs. Mmaddog in December.

mmaddog

luv
08-15-2010, 11:41 AM
So, I'm talking with dad the other evening, and he's telling me about a conversation he was having with some co-workers and their wives. They got to talking about grandkids, and he mentioned my brother's three kids. I guess one of the wives asked, "What about your daughter?" He told er he didn't think I was ever going to get married.

Anytime I date someone, my mom always tells me, "You don't have to get married. Be your own person."

So, unlike normal parents, mine don't push me into marriage at all. I don't know. I just think it's weird for them not to.

Chiefaholic
08-15-2010, 11:44 AM
Been married 19 years and counting

Chiefspants
08-15-2010, 11:51 AM
I'm still in high school, so many of you have been married longer than I have been alive.

go bowe
08-15-2010, 12:19 PM
1st divorce (2 yrs), 2nd widowed (19 yrs), now 4 years into 3rd marriage1st divorce 4 years, 2d divorce 4 years, 3rd marriage 31 years...

alnorth
08-15-2010, 12:24 PM
Never married, no desire to ever get married or have kids. I love my niece and nephew, and they are a blast to visit, but I don't know if I'd make a great father even if I wanted to.

My mom used to bug me all the time about it, but fortunately I have a younger brother who married, went old-school catholic on us, and so now she'll have plenty of grandkids. She doesn't ask me about it anymore. :)

threebag02
08-15-2010, 12:27 PM
Just of informations sake...what is there to be proud of that you "knocked a couple of 'em up"? Unless, of course you are at least acting like a real Father and helping support the kids personally and financially.

If not, then I would agree with DJ's Left Nut in thinking you are disgusting and irresponsible.

mmaddog

Support them emotionally, financially, personally, every -ally way there is. That's what DADS do. Wouldn't even think of not being there to make sure they have every opportunity to be everything THEY want.

BWillie
08-15-2010, 12:59 PM
Tax benefits, estate planning, etc.

Careful. Kansas is a common law marriage state with no minimum length of time required that I've found.

Kansas

Under Kansas Statute 23-101 (2002), both parties to a common-law marriage must be 18 years old. The three requirements that must coexist to establish a common-law marriage in Kansas are: (1) capacity to marry; (2) a present marriage agreement; and (3) a holding out of each other as husband and wife to the public.

KCUnited
08-15-2010, 01:04 PM
Today is my 8th month anniversary, first marriage, celebrating by watching the Royals on Fox and blasting some death metal while she's at the gym.

BWillie
08-15-2010, 01:07 PM

Condoms? That's it? Man, eventually you'll have one. The pill is much more fail proof as long as your chick actually takes it.

But I'm with you about marriage. It just seems like marriage complicates things in my opinion.

BWillie
08-15-2010, 01:10 PM
So, I'm talking with dad the other evening, and he's telling me about a conversation he was having with some co-workers and their wives. They got to talking about grandkids, and he mentioned my brother's three kids. I guess one of the wives asked, "What about your daughter?" He told er he didn't think I was ever going to get married.

Anytime I date someone, my mom always tells me, "You don't have to get married. Be your own person."

So, unlike normal parents, mine don't push me into marriage at all. I don't know. I just think it's weird for them not to.

My dad always asks me when he's going to get grandkids :rolleyes:

I tell him I'm not going to have kids, and people just don't believe me for some reason. I just don't have it in me to do that. I've seen friends w/ kids, and their life as they know it is over. And that is fine if you value the new life of kid birthday parties, always being tied down to something, PTA meetings, T-ball games, paying $800 a month in day care, and contributing all this money to a kid who may end up being a scum ball anyway. I don't want to be bothered w/ that shit.

BIG_DADDY
08-15-2010, 01:33 PM

I tell him I'm not going to have kids, and people just don't believe me for some reason. I just don't have it in me to do that. I've seen friends w/ kids, and their life as they know it is over. And that is fine if you value the new life of kid birthday parties, always being tied down to something, PTA meetings, T-ball games, paying $800 a month in day care, and contributing all this money to a kid who may end up being a scum ball anyway. I don't want to be bothered w/ that shit.

My kid is far and away the greatest thing to happen in my life. The greatest blessing by far. That being said I got started really late. I played my single card and independent side about as far as I could before bringing the little man into the world. I have no regrets but there is a down side to waiting tht long. I am not sure how much longer my parents will be in this world to enjoy him and ifhe foows my path I may never see grandkids but you gotta play it as you see it at the time. I was pretty selfish when I was younger. I have friends who do not have kids who are older and are not going to have them. I actually feel a little sorry for them.

BIG_DADDY
08-15-2010, 01:34 PM
Condoms? That's it? Man, eventually you'll have one. The pill is much more fail proof as long as your chick actually takes it.

But I'm with you about marriage. It just seems like marriage complicates things in my opinion.

The only reason to ever get married is to have kids, PERIOD!!!!

Hydrae
08-15-2010, 03:33 PM
1st lasted 2 years before divorce. 18 years and counting on the second go around. :)

WV
08-15-2010, 04:08 PM

Kudos to them.....Sounds like they don't want to put anymore pressure on you than you put on yourself. If you brought home the right guy they would know when to ask you by the way you act around him.

Count Alex's Wins
08-15-2010, 04:13 PM
I've never even had a girlfriend, man.

I'm a total weirdo.

Bearcat
08-15-2010, 04:13 PM

How old are you? I'm asking because a few years ago I didn't really care about having kids, and whenever friends who were in their early 20s would have one, I'd simply think they were ruining their lives.... but now, having watched a few friends' kids grow up, even if it's only to 5 or 6, it's made me realize how little perspective I had before. Granted, I still don't think it's a great idea to have kids at an early age, I now think it would be pretty cool to one day raise a couple.

luv
08-15-2010, 04:18 PM

If I end up getting married, which I hope I do or at least find someone to put up with me, I don't see me having kids.

Not saying I am against it. I just don't see it happening.
Posted via Mobile Device

Stewie
08-15-2010, 04:39 PM
I'm over 40 and never been married. I've had long term relationships that never worked out. I've been lied to (big lies) a couple of times, so I'm distrusting. Hopefully, things will change. When I tell people I've never been married I get some odd looks - like I'm not following the correct path.

GoHuge
08-15-2010, 05:20 PM
Kansas

Under Kansas Statute 23-101 (2002), both parties to a common-law marriage must be 18 years old. The three requirements that must coexist to establish a common-law marriage in Kansas are: (1) capacity to marry; (2) a present marriage agreement; and (3) a holding out of each other as husband and wife to the public.So you're saying with my random dating and current sport-****ing arrangements I'm still in the safe zone?

Hey I'm 30 and right now see no reason to get married and I'm pretty sure I'm too immature and selfish for kids. I have 6 siblings with 15 neices and nephews so I spend plenty of time with and love all those kids, but I am damn thankful that I can shag ass out when shit gets crazy. Like this weekend they are all down at the lake. Eight adults with roughly ten kids (the oldest being 12) in one house............no thanks. If I had a kid though with as close as my family is they would want to be right in the mix with all their cousins. Just not my idea of a good time. Maybe some day the right girl will come along and completely change the way I look at all of it? She'd have to be some kind of something that's for sure. I just see all my friends and siblings constantly doing everything for their kids and maybe have one or two nights in an entire month that they get to do what they want to do...........always wishing there were more nights like that. Why intentionally sign up for that? I know alot of people are happy as all hell and feel like they're shitting in high cotton with their marriage and children.........I just don't ever see it being for me. Like my life and being able to just do what I want to do. Maybe that makes me weird?

Stewie
08-15-2010, 05:28 PM
Shacking up does not equal Common Law Marriage. Those laws are old but still on the books. They were put in place for rural families that had no access to an official that could marry people.

GoHuge
08-15-2010, 05:29 PM
I'm over 40 and never been married. I've had long term relationships that never worked out. I've been lied to (big lies) a couple of times, so I'm distrusting. Hopefully, things will change. When I tell people I've never been married I get some odd looks - like I'm not following the correct path.I wouldn't worry about it too much there Stew. Herds of sheep do that as well.

See

http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k124/gohuge39/Flansheepherd.jpg

luv
08-15-2010, 06:18 PM
Shacking up does not equal Common Law Marriage. Those laws are old but still on the books. They were put in place for rural families that had no access to an official that could marry people.

You are correct as long as you don't do number three as well. It may have been put into place due to rural families, but it applies to the entire state.
Posted via Mobile Device

BIG_DADDY
08-15-2010, 06:21 PM
I'm over 40 and never been married. I've had long term relationships that never worked out. I've been lied to (big lies) a couple of times, so I'm distrusting. Hopefully, things will change. When I tell people I've never been married I get some odd looks - like I'm not following the correct path.

Don't trip. If I had not found the person I wanted to go ahead and have a kid with I would have never gotten married. I got married at 44.

go bowe
08-15-2010, 07:05 PM
I wonder if I'm the youngest to embark on their third marriage, LOLi was 31...

BIG_DADDY
08-15-2010, 07:10 PM
i was 31...

That's friggen nuts. One and done. You must be a masochist? You and CC should start your own Masochism club here at the planet.

go bowe
08-15-2010, 07:46 PM
That's friggen nuts. One and done. You must be a masochist? You and CC should start your own Masochism club here at the planet.i was 31 when i married my 3rd wife...

the first two would probably qualify as masochistic but this third one has been excellent for 31 beautiful years...

i have spent literally half my life with this one and i'm beginning to think it might just work out this time...

BIG_DADDY
08-15-2010, 07:51 PM
i was 31 when i married my 3rd wife...

the first two would probably qualify as masochistic but this third one has been excellent for 31 beautiful years...

i have spent literally half my life with this one and i'm beginning to think it might just work out this time...

Well at least your happy brother. Got any kids?

go bowe
08-15-2010, 09:52 PM
3 sons with different mothers...

43, 35 and 30...

4 grandkids so far...

go bowe
08-15-2010, 09:54 PM
and a step son...

go bowe
08-15-2010, 09:57 PM
and two crazy dogs...

Lzen
08-15-2010, 10:10 PM
First marriage. Going on 18 years in September. I know there are some single people that are perfectly happy with that and that's fine. But I have been lucky and blessed to have found my soul mate. That, to me, is much better.

kc rush
08-15-2010, 10:54 PM
1st marriage. 16 years next month.

royr17
08-15-2010, 11:14 PM
Im still on my first marriage, will be 4 years on September 16th of this year, but me and wife are seperated. Wish I had never gotten married, it has been drama since the day I said I DO.

The only great thing that came out of this marriage does is my 3 wonderfull kids that I love to death.

BIG_DADDY
08-15-2010, 11:16 PM
and two crazy dogs...

Sounds like a family to me. Congratulations!!!:toast:

Phobia
08-15-2010, 11:40 PM
I don't really know if my first marriage counts. I was married. My ex-wife wasn't. Does it count?

BIG_DADDY
08-15-2010, 11:59 PM
I don't really know if my first marriage counts. I was married. My ex-wife wasn't. Does it count?

Nothing worse than a bad marriage. Sorry you had to go through that especially with kids. That really complicates everything horribly.

luv
08-16-2010, 12:03 AM
Im still on my first marriage, will be 4 years on September 16th of this year, but me and wife are seperated. Wish I had never gotten married, it has been drama since the day I said I DO.

The only great thing that came out of this marriage does is my 3 wonderfull kids that I love to death.

Three kids in four years? Must have had some good make-up sex with all that drama.

HoneyBadger
08-16-2010, 12:36 AM
Had a long time girlfriend, lived with me awhile. Turned me off from wanting to her married... More problems than when I didn't have to see her everyday.

HoneyBadger
08-16-2010, 12:37 AM
But I'd get married if she promised to stay in the kitchen.

Lonewolf Ed
08-16-2010, 12:41 AM
The only reason to ever get married is to have kids, PERIOD!!!!

Very true. Why ruin a perfectly good friendship otherwise?

Phobia
08-16-2010, 12:55 AM

Oh good Lord Roy. Get that thing snipped already. There's nothing wrong with enjoying sex. There's something immensely wrong with fathering children over and over again with somebody you can't get along with outside of the bedroom.

Aries Walker
08-16-2010, 01:05 AM
1st divorce 4 years, 2d divorce 4 years, 3rd marriage 31 years...
This guy is my personal hero. Talk about not letting past experience weigh you down. You go, guy.

As for me, married at 26, divorced at 40, now 43 and living with my girlfriend, but between you, me, and the thousand or so Chiefs fans here, we won't last long.

So I'll be single again soon, I figure, but I still want to have the marriage and kids, and since women my age mostly have kids in school, or have just dried up, looks like I'm on my way to being the social group's nominal Creepy Old Guy that's going to hit on all of the way-too-youngs out there.

But what the hell, as long as they don't support the Raiders.

luv
08-16-2010, 01:07 AM
This guy is my personal hero. Talk about not letting past experience weigh you down. You go, guy.

As for me, married at 26, divorced at 40, now 43 and living with my girlfriend, but between you, me, and the thousand or so Chiefs fans here, we won't last long.

So I'll be single again soon, I figure, but I still want to have the marriage and kids, and since women my age mostly have kids in school, or have just dried up, looks like I'm on my way to being the social group's nominal Creepy Old Guy that's going to hit on all of the way-too-youngs out there.

But what the hell, as long as they don't support the Raiders.

Well, as long as that's your only criteria, it shouldn't be too difficult to find someone still dumb enough.

joesomebody
08-16-2010, 01:07 AM
Not married. Never have been. Currently about to hit the one year mark with the most awesome girlfriend I've ever had.

joesomebody
08-16-2010, 01:31 AM

So, unlike normal parents, mine don't push me into marriage at all. I don't know. I just think it's weird for them not to.My parents are the same way. I'm 28, so I suppose I should be married or close by now... My grandparents and aunts/uncles on the other hand are constantly playing match maker... Of course I've never brought any of my girlfriends around the extended family, so that could have something to do with it.

Aries Walker
08-16-2010, 01:53 AM
Well, as long as that's your only criteria, it shouldn't be too difficult to find someone still dumb enough.
Tempting as this is for a shallow one-liner, that's not my only criteria, but when you're 43 in a room full of 30-somethings and a few in the 20's, it turns me in to that crusty old guy in the bar. You know the guy. Eech.

royr17
08-16-2010, 03:02 AM
Oh good Lord Roy. Get that thing snipped already. There's nothing wrong with enjoying sex. There's something immensely wrong with fathering children over and over again with somebody you can't get along with outside of the bedroom.

well, unfortunately down here you cant get that done without her signature. i would've done it a long time ago, but she wouldn't sign for it. but now that we are seperated i should be able to get it done with no problem. 3 kids are enough as the way it is for me.

Frazod
08-16-2010, 09:29 AM
21 of us are apparently slow learners. :D

SDChiefs
08-16-2010, 10:34 AM
Never been married and always lived by the mantra that I want kids, but not now. The older I get, the more I think Im never going to want kids. Im too selfish and still enjoy single life.

Baconeater
08-16-2010, 10:44 AM

So let me get this straight...you couldn't get along from day one...but you still chose to knock her up three times?

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/__jFgOqdirRY/Sp_3nME9y0I/AAAAAAAACkc/j0YBZw1s5vg/s400/brilliant_medium.jpg

Saige2010
08-16-2010, 11:12 AM

No

Bearcat
08-16-2010, 11:48 AM

Wow, can't believe it's been 4 years since those threads... time flies around here.

keg in kc
08-18-2010, 03:32 AM
First marriage 9 years ago, divorce 7 years ago. There won't be a second.

ChiTown
08-18-2010, 08:19 AM
Happily married for 17+ years. :thumb:

DenverDanChiefsFan
08-18-2010, 08:40 AM
1st marriage 17 years next month
Posted via Mobile Device

Inspector
08-18-2010, 11:17 AM
To each his own.

When my parents were alive and elderly they had significant health issues / hospital stays and could have ended up in nursing facilities. That is when it really hit them the value of having children.

The hospital staff had to be more attentive - they knew we were there. They avoided nursing homes since they had adult children to stay with. They had help as they aged with yard work, heavy lifting, moving that refrigerator or new washing machine. They had younger minds to attend their doctor visits with them when their own minds were beginning to fail. They had us to look after their bills, help with their banking plus a myriad of other tasks that older people sometime need help with.

And many of the people who laughed at me for having 5 kids, now are envious of the great family and beautiful grandkids we have. (And yeah, they do costs $$)

There is no right or wrong desision about marriage or kids, but when you are young making life impacting decisions, be sure to think it through very carefully.

And good luck!

Dayze
08-18-2010, 11:21 AM
1st marriage 6 years this Oct.
No kids, thank god. No plans to have any; hopefully it stays that way.

Pestilence
08-18-2010, 11:22 AM
1st marriage.......

1 year as of July of 2010.

1 step-daughter and 2 twin girls.

MOhillbilly
08-18-2010, 11:22 AM
watch me.

http://www.pbs.org/pov/dannyandannie/watch.php

ChiTown
08-18-2010, 11:28 AM
To each his own.

When my parents were alive and elderly they had significant health issues / hospital stays and could have ended up in nursing facilities. That is when it really hit them the value of having children.

The hospital staff had to be more attentive - they knew we were there. They avoided nursing homes since they had adult children to stay with. They had help as they aged with yard work, heavy lifting, moving that refrigerator or new washing machine. They had younger minds to attend their doctor visits with them when their own minds were beginning to fail. They had us to look after their bills, help with their banking plus a myriad of other tasks that older people sometime need help with.

And many of the people who laughed at me for having 5 kids, now are envious of the great family and beautiful grandkids we have. (And yeah, they do costs $$)

There is no right or wrong desision about marriage or kids, but when you are young making life impacting decisions, be sure to think it through very carefully.

And good luck!

:clap:

Congrats on the familial success.

38yrsfan
08-18-2010, 11:30 AM
1st - 26+ yrs, 3 kids.

Chiefs Pantalones
08-18-2010, 11:30 AM
Just curious. Trying this question with a twist from the normal categories.

I'm engaged. To a woman. Sorry.

Reerun_KC
08-18-2010, 11:36 AM
First marriage. Going on 18 years in September. I know there are some single people that are perfectly happy with that and that's fine. But I have been lucky and blessed to have found my soul mate. That, to me, is much better.

this, My wife and I are going on 19 in december... wouldnt trade our time together for anyone or anything....

BWillie
08-18-2010, 12:22 PM
So can someone maybe do a breakdown of the cost of a child, even indirect costs over the course of 22 years and when they get out of college?

ArrowheadHawk
08-18-2010, 12:25 PM
So can someone maybe do a breakdown of the cost of a child, even indirect costs over the course of 22 years and when they get out of college?Fuck that. Just go day by day. If you wait till you can afford a kid it won't happen.

vailpass
08-18-2010, 12:29 PM
So can someone maybe do a breakdown of the cost of a child, even indirect costs over the course of 22 years and when they get out of college?

Lots of variables. Where you live impacts the costs. Public or private school? How many kids you have also impacts the per child cost as some costs are lowered for the second and subsequent children; some costs are raised if you have above a certain number of children.

Luke
08-18-2010, 12:44 PM
Been with Ms. Luke for 21 years now. Married for 11. Got married in Vegas at Chapel across from Court House. One of my buds got me a little sign that says: Marrige is not a word, it is a sentance! Ms. Luke did not appreciate the humor!

1st time , 18 too young and dumb. Lasted 14 months.:shake:
2nd time, 22 too dumb lasted 8 months.:grr:
3rdtime, 27 never learned.. best moments both kids born, worst, walking in on
wife and her boyfriend in bed on Christmas Eve:cuss:

too much info?:evil:

Inspector
08-18-2010, 01:31 PM

I did a workup on the cost and came up with a figure of about a gazillion dollars, give or take a hundred or two.

Keep in mind that's just a rough estimate.

kc rush
08-18-2010, 03:34 PM
too much info?:evil:

Not if you've read any of MTG#10's posts/threads.

BWillie
08-18-2010, 03:56 PM
I did a workup on the cost and came up with a figure of about a gazillion dollars, give or take a hundred or two.

Say you have two kids.

For the first 6 years at least, you probably pay $800 a month in daycare. You probably pay $300 a month for the both of them in food for 18-22 years. Buy them a car, $6000 each. Lets say you just help and pay half of their college education $30,000 each. Expenses in gas taking them places, extra utilities, clothes, sports equipment, school supplies etc at least $200-250 a month.

So this is an extremely low end estimate, considering you don't send them to private school, buy them anything extravagant, not even including what you have to buy them for birthdays, special events, xmas, insurance, etc etc.

I calculate it will cost at least $200,000 for two kids in your life time. This doesn't even account for indirect costs.

Mosbonian
08-18-2010, 04:10 PM
Say you have two kids.

For the first 6 years at least, you probably pay $800 a month in daycare. You probably pay $300 a month for the both of them in food for 18-22 years. Buy them a car, $6000 each. Lets say you just help and pay half of their college education $30,000 each. Expenses in gas taking them places, extra utilities, clothes, sports equipment, school supplies etc at least $200-250 a month.

So this is an extremely low end estimate, considering you don't send them to private school, buy them anything extravagant, not even including what you have to buy them for birthdays, special events, xmas, insurance, etc etc.

I calculate it will cost at least $200,000 for two kids in your life time. This doesn't even account for indirect costs.

That doesn't account for any extraordinary items such as special needs....

mmaddog

luv
08-18-2010, 04:35 PM
Say you have two kids.

So, don't have kids.

MOhillbilly
08-18-2010, 04:42 PM
The cost is nothin compared to how awesome kids are.

Sweet Daddy Hate
08-18-2010, 04:57 PM
I'm in love with my car.

Iowanian
08-18-2010, 05:11 PM
I'm happily married to the first wife, unless she ambushes me with the F ing tweezers to pluck my eyebrows against my will while I'm doing something.

Get 1 stray brow and it triggers her whacka-mole reflex. It may end up being the end of that woman.

That said, she's given me 3 great kids and there is no price tag for the way they hit your legs at a run when you walk in the door from work or being gone. It's the secret of life.

Baconeater
08-18-2010, 05:19 PM

That's actually quite accurate.

Inspector
08-18-2010, 07:02 PM
Say you have two kids.

Well, my gazillion dollar estimate was for my kids - born in the early 70's through early 80's. I'm sure when inflation is taken into account, that figure would come closer to 11tygazillion now.

Gonna have kids? Get a good job. Good luck!

Param
08-18-2010, 07:14 PM
What girls need to be fucked on chiefsplanet? I'm single and never been married and I have 0 kids.