PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs One thing is becoming more and more evident to me

milkman
08-14-2010, 09:03 PM
The Chiefs and Falcons had to play more than one preseason game, and we all saw a different one.

threebag02
08-14-2010, 09:09 PM
Puff, Puff, Pass...you has gots some good shit.

BIG K
08-14-2010, 10:45 PM
The Chiefs and Falcons had to play more than one preseason game, and we all saw a different one.

Just got back into town. Missed the game. Not sure what you saw and everyone else saw..........The score said 20-10.

milkman
08-14-2010, 10:46 PM
Just got back into town. Missed the game. Not sure what you saw and everyone else saw..........The score said 20-10.

It wasn't that close.

Baconeater
08-14-2010, 11:38 PM
I saw the one where we sucked ass.

DaneMcCloud
08-14-2010, 11:40 PM

Funny, that's what I saw, too

HotRoute
08-14-2010, 11:42 PM

according to haley it was bananas . . .

Buehler445
08-14-2010, 11:46 PM

I saw that!

DeezNutz
08-14-2010, 11:50 PM
I saw a loop of Pioli's sack. It looked improved.

tk13
08-14-2010, 11:54 PM
I don't know what you guys were watching. What I saw was the Chiefs beat the Falcons 73-0. Cassel was 11/12 passing for 225 yards, Tyson Jackson had three sacks, and Charlie Weis jumped over the goalposts in his wheelchair.

morphius
08-14-2010, 11:56 PM
I saw some things I really liked, I saw a lot more things I was hoping to see less of.

milkman
08-14-2010, 11:58 PM
I don't know what you guys were watching. What I saw was the Chiefs beat the Falcons 73-0. Cassel was 11/12 passing for 225 yards, Tyson Jackson had three sacks, and Charlie Weis jumped over the goalposts in his wheelchair.

Now that's the game I would like to have seen in my universe.

DaneMcCloud
08-15-2010, 12:00 AM
Now that's the game I would like to have seen in my universe.

We'll be lucky to see the Chiefs score 73 points in the next 8 weeks in total.

One game?

I'll take it!

T-post Tom
08-15-2010, 12:07 AM
This thread seems eerily familiar.

DaneMcCloud
08-15-2010, 12:08 AM
This thread seems eerily familiar.

That's because you're a Chiefs fan

BigChiefFan
08-15-2010, 12:09 AM
It was a Vanilla offensive game-plan in the preseason.

milkman
08-15-2010, 12:10 AM

LMAO

DaneMcCloud
08-15-2010, 12:14 AM

Did you really just say that with a straight face?

Sarcasm smilie not available?

noa
08-15-2010, 12:15 AM
Hey, at least now when I'm watching the defense give up 8 yard runs up the gut and the offensive line giving up sacks on crucial third downs, I'm not left with a sense of shock and outrage. Instead, I feel nostalgic -- Chiefs football has returned.

DaneMcCloud
08-15-2010, 12:19 AM
Hey, at least now when I'm watching the defense give up 8 yard runs up the gut and the offensive line giving up sacks on crucial third downs, I'm not left with a sense of shock and outrage. Instead, I feel nostalgic -- Chiefs football has returned.

Nice

googlegoogle
08-15-2010, 12:29 AM
1st quarter vs whole game with backups. pick your viewpoint.

milkman
08-15-2010, 12:36 AM
The point of this thread is that we each bring our own personal bias that colors our opinions.

We are debating the respective play of Cassel v. Croyle.
The ineptitude of Tyson Jackson.
Donald Washington.

Saccapoo, in universe inside of Okung's sac, saw Branden Albert give up both the pressure that lead to the strip of Cassel and the later sack of Cassel.

We all saw things differntly because of our individual bias.

I try not to let my bias colr my own opinion.

No one has been more of a champion for Albert than me, but I will not allow my bias to color my opinion, and in that vein have been somewhat critical of his performance in the game last night.

Also in that same vein, I was hoping that Russell Okung would look like shit, but the fact is, he looked pretty damn good against the Titans tonight.

Quick and athletic, he only gave up a couple of pressures, at worst, in 3 qtrs of work.

mcaj22
08-15-2010, 12:37 AM
One thing I know is this defense for a second straight season is going to be directly responsible for boosting the careers for offensive players ala the Miles Austins and Jerome Harrisons of 2009

KC Tattoo
08-15-2010, 12:40 AM
Hypathetical question. (Don't figure the need to start a new thread, unless someone else has the urge.) I heard on the radio last night, new NFL rule pertaining when a player loses his helmet the play is blown dead and that's it, play over. Hypathetically if a RB breaks free and headed toward the endzone and no one can catch him, can a player take off his helmet to stop the play dead? Then the play would stop no touchdown.

I'm sure this is a silly question and all, but this opens a can of worms if you ask me.

milkman
08-15-2010, 12:47 AM
Hypathetical question. (Don't figure the need to start a new thread, unless someone else has the urge.) I heard on the radio last night, new NFL rule pertaining when a player loses his helmet the play is blown dead and that's it, play over. Hypathetically if a RB breaks free and headed toward the endzone and no one can catch him, can a player take off his helmet to stop the play dead? Then the play would stop no touchdown.

I'm sure this is a silly question and all, but this opens a can of worms if you ask me.

The rule applies only to a player with the ball in his hands.

KC Tattoo
08-15-2010, 01:04 AM
The rule applies only to a player with the ball in his hands.

lol, glad you clarified that. Good thread btw. What I saw last night was nothing I was hoping for. I was hoping for a new winning attitude from the players starting with our first string QB. I saw old players taking up space that should be reserved for younger players that we should have gotten or kept from the last few drafts. I don't want to bitch about the team I love. I want to have fun watching this team get better and become a domminate football team. Frustraiting that's not what I saw, or imagined, as we hear how great it's going to be with Pioli at front office. Making decisions to build us a championship team over the next few years and yet we can't get a first down in the first quarter of a pre season game. I don't know what any body else saw.

DaneMcCloud
08-15-2010, 01:19 AM
Russell Okung gets the Master, Alex Gibbs.

Brenden Albert gets Bill Muir and before that, some schlub named John Mastkos.

No comparison. It's like Elway versus Grbac.

'Hamas' Jenkins
08-15-2010, 01:39 AM
Some people love the Chiefs the way a 5 year old loves his dad, and some love them the way a 35 year old loves his dad.

DaneMcCloud
08-15-2010, 01:57 AM
Some people love the Chiefs the way a 5 year old loves his dad, and some love them the way a 35 year old loves his dad.

And some love them like a 5 year old that walked in while their dad was shooting heroin while taking it up the ass.

KC Tattoo
08-15-2010, 02:31 AM
I may be bias in not liking the old players we have on this team but expect them to do there jobs. I however love Jamaal Charles and Dexter Mcluster and what they are going to bring to this team! These two guys are going to be fun to watch all season long. Just from what I saw last night, I am stoked about them. I know Jamaal was awsome last year. I think he is just going to continue to get better, and with Dexter we have a tandum in the back field the defenses will have a hard time keeping up with. We can have fresh legs for four quarters.

I wanted to see D Bowe get a ball thrown his way. I did see him making some blocks and thought at least he is good for that.

On defense, I saw Mat Ryan struggle to find open recievers... Other than Gonzo. I am stoked with our secondary think they will be very good to great as the year goes. They can cover guys so the QB will have to hang on the ball longer so we may get more chances to get sacks. That's my hope for our pass rush. Tamba Hali should have a good year.

Messier
08-15-2010, 03:24 AM

I've heard that phrase used to describe the difference between Democrats and Republicans, but with football it's silly. We're all just football fans, some are pessimistic, some are optimistic, it doesn't mean anyone is right or wrong for how they view the team. It's all just in fun.

Saccopoo
08-15-2010, 04:13 AM
Russell Okung gets the Master, Alex Gibbs.

Brenden Albert gets Bill Muir and before that, some schlub named John Mastkos.

No comparison. It's like Elway versus Grbac.

As well, Okung was a first team college All-American/Walter Camp at left tackle that went against top flight rush ends (Orakpo, Kindle, Miller, Sharpe, etc.) and shut them down. Albert was a guard who played next to Ferguson and Monroe who was moved to tackle by Herm Edwards.

Okung was already pretty good at defending against top flight pass rushers, while Albert never had to do it until he was put at the position against NFL caliber players.

Also, I fully understand what Milk is saying about predisposed prejudices regarding certain players. By the second snap of Atlanta's first possession, I was already tired of the Mays/Williams duo and was praying for a Belcher appearance.

the Talking Can
08-15-2010, 06:01 AM

rep

the Talking Can
08-15-2010, 06:03 AM
Okung doesn't matter to me because there is no scenario in which I'd draft him over Berry....ever

Berry is a rarer talent

Baby Lee
08-15-2010, 07:45 AM
And some love them like a 5 year old that walked in while their dad was shooting heroin while taking it up the ass.

Hey! I've been calling the Chiefs my crack whore daughter for YEARS.

milkman
08-15-2010, 09:00 AM
As well, Okung was a first team college All-American/Walter Camp at left tackle that went against top flight rush ends (Orakpo, Kindle, Miller, Sharpe, etc.) and shut them down. Albert was a guard who played next to Ferguson and Monroe who was moved to tackle by Herm Edwards.

Okung was already pretty good at defending against top flight pass rushers, while Albert never had to do it until he was put at the position against NFL caliber players.

Also, I fully understand what Milk is saying about predisposed prejudices regarding certain players. By the second snap of Atlanta's first possession, I was already tired of the Mays/Williams duo and was praying for a Belcher appearance.

I don't give a rat's ass that Okung was a college All American when I watched him get continuously pushed back into Robinison, who got rid of the ball too quickly for Okung to give up the sack.

Charlie Whitehurst actually did the same for Okung last night.
But overall, he did look pretty good.

But once again, I consider your opinion irrelevant since your bias against Albert colored your opinion far more than anyone else on this forum.

You're a useless dumbass, but thanks for playing, dumbass.

Coogs
08-15-2010, 09:12 AM
Okung doesn't matter to me because there is no scenario in which I'd draft him over Berry....ever

Berry is a rarer talent

This. And then there is this quote from Weis from earlier this last week...

I think it all starts with offensive football and if the quarterback plays better, usually the team plays better. You sit there and say that about the offensive line and others, but think about it, there are only two players on offense that have the ball in their hands on every play and that is the center and the quarterback. They are the guys that can do the most help and are also the guys that can do the most harm.

the Talking Can
08-15-2010, 09:22 AM

Weis is smart...i agree with that completely

look who was the LT for Brees last year... complete nobody

look at rothlesswhatevers OL...generally it hasn't been great

ditto for Manning and Brady

we need a real QB much more than a different LT....

now, our RT sucked out loud...

OnTheWarpath58
08-15-2010, 09:26 AM

now, our RT sucked out loud...

Speaking of QB's with bad OL's:

Aaron Rodgers went 12-13 for over 150 and a TD last night.

Dave Lane
08-15-2010, 10:26 AM
Interesting I saw a game against a very good Falcons team that was tied at the half. So I saw a game that was sloppily played against a potential playoff caliber team that was pretty evenly matched other than their first drive and ours.

Saccopoo
08-15-2010, 10:53 AM

Berry is a rarer talent

Maybe. Maybe not. Berry didn't do anything above and beyond what fellow draft class safeties Earl Thomas and Morgan Burnett did at the same position from a statistical perspective. Each one had a nearly identical season during their careers, and had nearly identical combine/test numbers.

Okung was the premier left tackle in a very good offensive line class and went against high first round pass rush talent. (Orakpo and Von Miller were and are going to be the first pass rusher taken in their respective draft classes. And Sergio Kindle and Brandon Sharpe were also very talented pass rushers.) Okung has prototype size for his position and had excellent combine results to go along with his first team AA/Walter Camp status.

I'd argue that Okung was just as "elite" or rare in terms of his talent level and production at his position as Berry was, and maybe more so compared to other players at that position in his specific draft class.

Regardless, the point is moot as the Chiefs passed on Okung and selected Berry. I wouldn't have, especially considering the problems that the Chiefs had on the offensive line in the '09 season and the depth of the safety class in the '10 draft.

'Hamas' Jenkins
08-15-2010, 10:57 AM
I've heard that phrase used to describe the difference between Democrats and Republicans, but with football it's silly. We're all just football fans, some are pessimistic, some are optimistic, it doesn't mean anyone is right or wrong for how they view the team. It's all just in fun.

I think it's pretty apropos, given that some will support any move made by the team and any acquisition of any player simply because of the KC on the helmet.

If I were to create a dichotomy, I'd say that some are homeristic and others are realistic.

Deberg_1990
08-15-2010, 11:09 AM

Exactly. The QB makes the O-line and the guys around him look good. Not the other way around.

Saccopoo
08-15-2010, 11:21 AM

Quote:
I think it all starts with offensive football and if the quarterback plays better, usually the team plays better. You sit there and say that about the offensive line and others, but think about it, there are only two players on offense that have the ball in their hands on every play and that is the center and the quarterback. They are the guys that can do the most help and are also the guys that can do the most harm.

And yet, with uber-phenom quarterback Jimmy Clausen and NFL draft pick center Eric Olsen manning the middle, Weis wasn't able to go beyond mediocrity during those two's tenures at Notre Dame, and the Clausen apologists were consistently commenting on the fact that it was due to a shitty offensive line that Notre Dame never did much in terms of win/loss/bowl game victories.

I agree that a kick ass quarterback helps a ton. However, it's been shown that if you have quality players in the trenches, you can make up for the lack of a top flight quarterback. The current Jets are perfect examples of this, as are the Chiefs of the late '90's/early '00s. (Green was a tough bastard, but I'll never consider him elite.) Keep an eye on the Browns in the coming couple of seasons as well.

It's a lot easier to fill your offensive line with quality players to support a good rather than great quarterback than try to hope for the second coming of Johnny Unitas.

DaneMcCloud
08-15-2010, 11:25 AM
Interesting I saw a game against a very good Falcons team that was tied at the half. So I saw a game that was sloppily played against a potential playoff caliber team that was pretty evenly matched other than their first drive and ours.

JFC, go back and rewatch the game.

Michael Turner gashed the Chiefs for 44 yards on six carries, then was pulled from the game. The Falcons had second teamers in by the third series.

milkman
08-15-2010, 11:27 AM
And yet, with uber-phenom quarterback Jimmy Clausen and NFL draft pick center Eric Olsen manning the middle, Weis wasn't able to go beyond mediocrity during those two's tenures at Notre Dame, and the Clausen apologists were consistently commenting on the fact that it was due to a shitty offensive line that Notre Dame never did much in terms of win/loss/bowl game victories.

I agree that a kick ass quarterback helps a ton. However, it's been shown that if you have quality players in the trenches, you can make up for the lack of a top flight quarterback. The current Jets are perfect examples of this, as are the Chiefs of the late '90's/early '00s. (Green was a tough bastard, but I'll never consider him elite.) Keep an eye on the Browns in the coming couple of seasons as well.

It's a lot easier to fill your offensive line with quality players to support a good rather than great quarterback than try to hope for the second coming of Johnny Unitas.

So true.

That SB the Jets won last year, and all those SBs the Chiefs won were awesome to see.

Those average O-Lines, like the Patriots had earlier in this decade, and the Saints had last year, could never hope to win one.

teedubya
08-15-2010, 11:28 AM

True.

But then... we kept our first string in against their 2nd string... and still didn't do shit. And then they brought in some of their 3rd string and we still didn't do shit.

I don't find that very comforting.

DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMED

Simply Red
08-15-2010, 11:33 AM
I don't get it.

Dave Lane
08-15-2010, 11:34 AM
Can I just say I hate everyone on this team and think they are all talentless hacks? Will that make everyone feel soooo much better?

I have zero expectations for this season so if they show up at the right stadium I look at it as a plus.

teedubya
08-15-2010, 11:36 AM
That will work, Dave. You are right, they showed up at the right stadium. We should get at least 1 touchdown because of that. :-D

Simply Red
08-15-2010, 11:38 AM
actually post#49 turned out funny to read.

milkman
08-15-2010, 11:38 AM
Can I just say I hate everyone on this team and think they are all talentless hacks? Will that make everyone feel soooo much better?

I have zero expectations for this season so if they show up at the right stadium I look at it as a plus.

You can say whatever the hell you want.

I'm pretty sure you'll be wrong about 90% of the time, but that's alright.

That's about the norm for dumbasses around here.

Saccopoo
08-15-2010, 11:40 AM
So true.

That SB the Jets won last year, and all those SBs the Chiefs won were awesome to see.

Those average O-Lines, like the Patriots had earlier in this decade, and the Saints had last year, could never hope to win one.

Like I said, keep hoping for Joe Montana, John Elway or Tom Brady to show up as our draft pick. We'll finally be good team when that happens. Until then, we should just continue to stock pile quality conerbacks and safeties in hopes of our quarterback savior to appear out of the mist and lead us to the promised land.

Messier
08-15-2010, 11:40 AM
I think it's pretty apropos, given that some will support any move made by the team and any acquisition of any player simply because of the KC on the helmet.

If I were to create a dichotomy, I'd say that some are homeristic and others are realistic.

But is there anything wrong with being a homer? I consider myself a homer, and I don't think I misjudge where the team is expectation wise. And I don't think pessimism is the same as being realistic. I mean someone can think the team will go 2-14 after watching a lackluster pre season performance but it doesn't mean they're being realistic. They're judging with emotion just as much as a homer, it's just that the emotion is anger.

Mosbonian
08-15-2010, 11:48 AM
You can say whatever the hell you want.

I'm pretty sure you'll be wrong about 90% of the time, but that's alright.

That's about the norm for dumbasses around here.

Good to see that, unlike the Chiefs, you are already in mid-season form. :D

mmaddog

milkman
08-15-2010, 11:55 AM
Like I said, keep hoping for Joe Montana, John Elway or Tom Brady to show up as our draft pick. We'll finally be good team when that happens. Until then, we should just continue to stock pile quality conerbacks and safeties in hopes of our quarterback savior to appear out of the mist and lead us to the promised land.

SB winners in this decade.

Trent Dilfer
Tom Brady
Brad Johnson
Tom Brady
Repeat
Ben Roethlisberger
Peyton Manning
Eli Manning
Ben Roethlisberger
Drew Brees

Only three of those teams had superior O-Lines.
One had a crappy O-Line.
The rest were pretty average.

Two of those three teams that had superior O-Lines won more because of defense than anything the offense did.

Only two of those teams had mediocre QBs.
The rest had top 5 QBs.

Bottom line.
The QB position is by far the most important position on the field.

We continue to ignore it.

So, yes, I am going to continue to hope against all hope that we actaully address the most important position on the field.

The Saints can win a SB with Jermon Bushrod, who isn't as good as Branden Albert, at LT.

The Chiefs can't win one with Matt Cassel at QB.

I've said this before.

Give me a top 10 defense and a franchise QB, and I will take my chances against the rest of the league.

milkman
08-15-2010, 11:57 AM
But is there anything wrong with being a homer? I consider myself a homer, and I don't think I misjudge where the team is expectation wise. And I don't think pessimism is the same as being realistic. I mean someone can think the team will go 2-14 after watching a lackluster pre season performance but it doesn't mean they're being realistic. They're judging with emotion just as much as a homer, it's just that the emotion is anger.

That depends on what your expectations are.

I've said for some time now that this team will only win 5 games this season.

That remains my prediction.

Messier
08-15-2010, 12:01 PM
That depends on what your expectations are.

I've said for some time now that this team will only win 5 games this season.

That remains my prediction.

We're not that far off, I think anywhere from 6-8 wins.

'Hamas' Jenkins
08-15-2010, 12:02 PM

I haven't seen anyone predicting a 2-14 season. However, it is pretty damned hard to be objective while also being a "homer". Homers think that their players are the greatest because they wear the Chiefs uniform. It doesn't matter whether it was Jerome Woods, Eddie Kennison, the Vermeil Chiefs, or the current iteration, homerism breeds a lack of objectivity.

Being pessimistic just to be pessimistic is also, obviously, going to lead to skewed projections.

But here's the difference: When people say Cassel or Tyson Jackson suck, they don't just say it and let the words stand without evidence. They offer relevant support to back up their claims.

That's something I don't see from homers, and that's why they aren't realistic in their expectations for the team.

This is still probably a 6-10 to 7-9 team, but here's the problem:

The 2009 Chiefs are probably a 6-10 team against this schedule.

bevischief
08-15-2010, 12:13 PM
If there were bananas it might have been fun to watch...

Baby Lee
08-15-2010, 12:17 PM
However, it is pretty damned hard to be objective while also being a "homer". Homers think that their players are the greatest because they wear the Chiefs uniform. It doesn't matter whether it was Jerome Woods, Eddie Kennison, the Vermeil Chiefs, or the current iteration, homerism breeds a lack of objectivity.

I differ on the definition of homer. To the extent that I myself am a homer, it is in hoping that everyone on the roster dedicates themselves to being as fit as they can, as strong as they can, and as versed in their job as anyone ever has been, then hoping that that dedication and some lucky bounces throughout the season lead to good things, and eventually playoff success.

I hold out that hope for everyone on the team, but being honest I don't expect it of Cassel.

Reaper16
08-15-2010, 12:19 PM
I differ on the definition of homer. To the extent that I myself am a homer, it is in hoping that everyone on the roster dedicates themselves to being as fit as they can, as strong as they can, and as versed in their job as anyone ever has been, then hoping that that dedication and some lucky bounces throughout the season lead to good things, and eventually playoff success.

I hold out that hope for everyone on the team, but being honest I don't expect it of Cassel.
How is that being a homer? That sounds like the general checklist for being a fan of a team.

DaneMcCloud
08-15-2010, 12:25 PM

Well, there is absolutely no doubt that physically speaking, the Chiefs were in the best condition I'd ever seen a team this early in the season, and maybe ever. The lineman and linebackers looked lean and fit - they looked the way a championship team should look.

Unfortunately, that doesn't translate to great play or great players. It makes absolutely no difference if guys look the part if they can't play the part.

I'd say that 75% of the Chiefs 53 man roster are backups at best, regardless of their fitness.

Dave Lane
For the record I'd like to say I'd draft a qb in the first 3 rounds every year till we hit the really good HOF QB. I'm 99% certain Cassel is not that guy but I really don't see any alternative till next off season to do much more than hope for the best. So I'm hoping for the best maybe he improves maybe he sucks enough that they have to draft a better qb next season. I would have drafted Sanchez and Clausen personally instead of Jackson and Dexter but I do totally believe this is a QB driven league.

Baby Lee
How is that being a homer? That sounds like the general checklist for being a fan of a team.

I guess the difference is I don't hope 'my' players are simply better than everyone out of birthright, I hope they work harder than everyone else and MAKE themselves better then everyone.

Kind of the reason to even find sports interesting.

It's a parity league, and the best teams get there by unearthing gems that bloom after the draft [Brady, Warner Terrell Davis] or innovating gameplans and executing them flawlessly.

Unless I was already a lifelong fan, I wouldn't find myself attracted to being a fan of an all-all-star team, like the 90s Cowboys, built on Minnesota's utter stupidity, or next year's Miami Heat.

Red Brooklyn
Yeah, I guess maybe I'm more of a fan than a homer. Because Baby's definition applies much more to me than Hamas'.

BossChief
08-15-2010, 12:27 PM
the Clausen apologists were consistently commenting on the fact that it was due to a shitty offensive line that Notre Dame never did much in terms of win/loss/bowl game victories.

I cant remember that being the case in those discussions...ever.

I can remember numerous conversations though where his defense was blamed for losing games Clausen lead his team to 30+ points...

But, please, continue to have that selective memory.

DaneMcCloud
08-15-2010, 12:27 PM
For the record I'd like to say I'd draft a qb in the first 3 rounds every year till we hit the really good HOF QB.

wut

Dave Lane
08-15-2010, 12:30 PM
I'd say that 75% of the Chiefs 53 man roster are backups at best, regardless of their fitness.

Well 60% of the 53 man roster are backups.

DaneMcCloud
08-15-2010, 12:36 PM
Well 60% of the 53 man roster are backups.

Well, first off, that's not true and secondly, most NFL teams have developmental players and plenty of depth.

The Chiefs have a few developmental players but their talent pool is so shallow, guys like Ron Edwards, Tyson Jackson, Corey Mays, Jovan Belcher, Rudy Niswanger, Jerheme Urban, Ryan O'Callaghan, and Matt Cassel are forced into starting duty.

go bowe
08-15-2010, 12:36 PM
Well 60% of the 53 man roster are backups.hmmm, that's right...

but it does seem like there's a lot of starters that haven't shown why they aren't backups...

Reaper16
08-15-2010, 12:45 PM
Yeah, I guess maybe I'm more of a fan than a homer. Because Baby's definition applies much more to me than Hamas'.
That definition fits me for sure and I'm not exactly thought of as a positive poster concerning the team.

Messier
08-15-2010, 12:48 PM
I haven't seen anyone predicting a 2-14 season. However, it is pretty damned hard to be objective while also being a "homer". Homers think that their players are the greatest because they wear the Chiefs uniform. It doesn't matter whether it was Jerome Woods, Eddie Kennison, the Vermeil Chiefs, or the current iteration, homerism breeds a lack of objectivity.

Being pessimistic just to be pessimistic is also, obviously, going to lead to skewed projections.

But here's the difference: When people say Cassel or Tyson Jackson suck, they don't just say it and let the words stand without evidence. They offer relevant support to back up their claims.

That's something I don't see from homers, and that's why they aren't realistic in their expectations for the team.

This is still probably a 6-10 to 7-9 team, but here's the problem:

The 2009 Chiefs are probably a 6-10 team against this schedule.

Sure. But a realist in my view is more tempered in their judgment. Does Jackson suck? I don't know, I've got one season to go on. I guess you could say he's under preformed for where he was drafted. Most would say Sims and Siavii suck, and they both did horribly under preform, but now they both are valuable backups for their respective teams, so they got some mileage out of their careers. I think a realist would say sometimes Cassel makes good plays sometimes bad plays. I think he's more suited to be a back up. I think a realist is kind of boring, and says I don't know a lot.

Dave Lane
08-15-2010, 12:51 PM
Well, first off, that's not true and secondly, most NFL teams have developmental players and plenty of depth.

The Chiefs have a few developmental players but their talent pool is so shallow, guys like Ron Edwards, Tyson Jackson, Corey Mays, Jovan Belcher, Rudy Niswanger, Jerheme Urban, Ryan O'Callaghan, and Matt Cassel are forced into starting duty.

I don't think anyone is making a case this is a complete team. I do think Jackson and Cassel are not the worst players in the league and they are starting instead of being buried like Derrick Johnson is who can't beat out a nobody to get on the field. DJ was running with the 3rd stringers and by your theory he should have crushed them.

I think DJ and Dorsey were bad picks. I still have hope for TJ and Cassel. You see it the opposite way and that's fine we all root for "our" guys. I think Dorsey and DJ have hit their ceiling, I hope I'm wrong. You see it the other way. Big deal. What you and I think is completely meaningless to the games themselves.

And I still think there's a 25% chance we go 3-0 to start the season. The actual odds with a 50-50 chance of winning each game is 12.5%. So maybe I'm a double homer but I could see it happen given the schedule. You don't. That's why this board exists.

DaneMcCloud
08-15-2010, 01:12 PM
And I still think there's a 25% chance we go 3-0 to start the season. The actual odds with a 50-50 chance of winning each game is 12.5%. So maybe I'm a double homer but I could see it happen given the schedule. You don't. That's why this board exists.

There is a 0% chance the Chiefs open the season at 3-0.

I'd say there is a 25% percent chance they open the season at 0-3.

ChiefsCountry
08-15-2010, 01:40 PM
I think DJ and Dorsey were bad picks. I still have hope for TJ and Cassel. You see it the opposite way and that's fine we all root for "our" guys. I think Dorsey and DJ have hit their ceiling, I hope I'm wrong. You see it the other way. Big deal. What you and I think is completely meaningless to the games themselves.

You have hope for fucking Cassel and TJ but not Dorsey? :doh!: Dorsey played well for being put in a postion he isn't good for thanks to fat fuck Pioli.

ChiefsCountry
08-15-2010, 01:42 PM
There is a 0% chance the Chiefs open the season at 3-0.

I'd say there is a 25% percent chance they open the season at 0-3.

I don't see this team winning a game until Halloween when Buffalo comes to town. 0-6 is very, very likely.

Dave Lane
08-15-2010, 03:09 PM
I don't see this team winning a game until Halloween when Buffalo comes to town. 0-6 is very, very likely.

How much you want to bet on that? Any amount is fine.

DaneMcCloud
08-15-2010, 03:21 PM

You act as if all things are equal. They are most certainly not.

San Diego added the best running back in the draft to their already potent offense. Cleveland added players and Mike Holmgren as GM. They gashed the Chiefs for 300 yards in week 16 last year and the Chiefs didn't do a damn thing to improve their front seven.

The 49ers are a tough running team with an improving passing game. Their defense is very stout and should only improve this year. They're a bubble playoff team.

The Chiefs don't have a shot in hell of beating the Colts or the Texans, unless their are massive injuries to each. Jacksonville beat the Chiefs soundly last year, even though the Chiefs made it "look close" in the final three minutes.

The Chiefs have yet to prove they've improved in any phase of the game. While I'm happy with their draft choices, the draft alone wasn't even able to make a dent in their overall needs, particularly the front seven and QB.

At this point in time, I think that 6-10 is probably their peak but I wouldn't be shocked if they went 4-12 again.

Pawnmower
08-15-2010, 04:04 PM

I'll take you up on that, care to bet?

DaneMcCloud
08-15-2010, 04:07 PM

What's up with you wanting to bet everyone?

Fucking go to Vegas.

ChiefsCountry
08-15-2010, 05:01 PM

I don't bet on sports. Never have, never will.

Baby Lee
08-15-2010, 05:03 PM

Fucking go to Vegas.

I think I've figured it out, Dane has Loon on ignore.

dj56dt58
08-15-2010, 05:44 PM
56-10, 8 rushing touchdowns..what a great rushing attack, out o-line dominated.

Pawnmower
08-15-2010, 05:49 PM

****ing go to Vegas.

I just want the big mouths to put their casino cash where the big gaping hole in between their purty lips is.

Put up or shut up it is called in my neck of the woods.

See, when someone makes some claim...it is a way to call them on it. If they refuse, you know they are just trolling.

Pawnmower
08-15-2010, 05:52 PM
I don't bet on sports. Never have, never will.

Not even your casino cash? That is convenient...

Make some big mouth claims then not have the balls to back it up...

:clap:

Bane
08-15-2010, 05:54 PM

I guess I missed the excitement.What is the "bet" you are looking to make? Not so much that I'm wanting in,I just got the threads crossed up I guess and got lost.:D

Pawnmower
08-15-2010, 05:57 PM
I guess I missed the excitement.What is the "bet" you are looking to make? Not so much that I'm wanting in,I just got the threads crossed up I guess and got lost.:D

Heh, I'm just trying to eek out any excitement I can...

SOme douche said it is 'Very Very Likely' that the Chiefs will go 0-6.

I just wanted him to put his money where his mouth is if he really believes it. Obviously he doesn't, he is just trolling/wwhining/hysterical f4gging or something.

DaneMcCloud
08-15-2010, 05:59 PM
I just want the big mouths to put their casino cash where the big gaping hole in between their purty lips is.

Put up or shut up it is called in my neck of the woods.

See, when someone makes some claim...it is a way to call them on it. If they refuse, you know they are just trolling.

Dude, no offense, but SHUT THE FUCK UP.

Many of us have been around here for a decade for more. People like Milk, myself, CC, etc. aren't trolls. And casino cash bets don't mean DICK.

This is a football forum and I can absolutely assure you, no one forgets a fucking thing. So if you want to puff out your chest and proclaim that the Chiefs are going to blah, blah, blah, it's on record for everyone to see.

And trust me, when you're wrong, NO ONE will let you ever forget it.

milkman
08-15-2010, 05:59 PM

Dude.

Pest is already going to take your casino cash, and I'm going to own your sig.

What are you going to bet?

Pawnmower
08-15-2010, 06:00 PM
Dude.

Pest is already going to take your casino cash, and I'm going to own your sig.

What are you going to bet?

4k casino cash, I'll have until the end of the season to gather 3500 if I need to in the event that we go 0-6.

edit: Not looking forward to your sig LOL...<nervous twitch>

Bane
08-15-2010, 06:01 PM
Heh, I'm just trying to eek out any excitement I can...

SOme douche said it is 'Very Likely' that the Chiefs will go 0-6.

I just wanted him to put his money where his mouth is if he really believes it. Obviously he doesn't, he is just trolling/wwhining/hysterical f4gging or something.

Well with all due respect I don't see us starting out 0-6.Can it happen? Sure,but I don't think we will.Of course I'm still of the opinion the we are probably 1-2 drafts away from even thinking about being a playoff team,but I definitely think we can win 6-8 games this year.As far as the trolling goes,our resident "troll" pops in,spews his cum dumpster, trashes any good news/reports about the Chiefs,neg reps those who call him on his bullshit and disappears.

Pawnmower
08-15-2010, 06:03 PM
.As far as the trolling goes,our resident "troll" pops in,spews his cum dumpster, trashes any good news/reports about the Chiefs,neg reps those who call him on his bullshit and disappears.

I see, thx for the heads up man.

DaneMcCloud
08-15-2010, 06:06 PM
Well with all due respect I don't see us starting out 0-6.Can it happen? Sure,but I don't think we will.Of course I'm still of the opinion the we are probably 1-2 drafts away from even thinking about being a playoff team,but I definitely think we can win 6-8 games this year.As far as the trolling goes,our resident "troll" pops in,spews his cum dumpster, trashes any good news/reports about the Chiefs,neg reps those who call him on his bullshit and disappears.

I can certainly see an scenario where the Chiefs open 0-6.

Chargers
Cleveland
49ers
Colts
Texans
Jacksonville

All of those teams have badass running games which will likely gash the Chiefs for 150+ a game (if not a couple of bills). The Chiefs front seven isn't likely to make an astronomical jump in the next four weeks and barring the addition of a true nose tackle, the defense is going to have its hands full trying to stop these teams from running all over them.

Don't fool yourself: It's going to be another long year.

Bane
08-15-2010, 06:09 PM

Chargers
Cleveland
49ers
Colts
Texans
Jacksonville

All of those teams have badass running games which will likely gash the Chiefs for 150+ a game (if not a couple of bills). The Chiefs front seven isn't likely to make an astronomical jump in the next four weeks and barring the addition of a true nose tackle, the defense is going to have its hands full trying to stop these teams running attack.

I can agree with it being possible,I just can't see it.I can surely see 3 good poundings coming in those first 6 games,but I just have to go with 2-4 in the first 6. Am I willing to bet on it,not really,and yes I know its going to be another long year.

Pawnmower
08-15-2010, 06:10 PM

Seeing a scenario, sure....

But saying it is VERY VERY likely is different....

To me, likely would be like 51%. Very likely might be 66%

Very Very likely maybe 75%?

I'd say maybe 25-30% chance we go 0-6, probably less.

Of course I pulled all of these numbers out of my ass though LOL

DaneMcCloud
08-15-2010, 06:15 PM
I can agree with it being possible,I just can't see it.I can surely see 3 good poundings coming in those first 6 games,but I just have to go with 2-4 in the first 6. Am I willing to bet on it,not really,and yes I know its going to be another long year.

The only game to me that appears winnable out of the first six would be Jacksonville. But given their running game and the Chiefs porous D-line, I'd give them the edge at this point.

Bane
08-15-2010, 06:22 PM
The only game to me that appears winnable out of the first six would be Jacksonville. But given their running game and the Chiefs porous D-line, I'd give them the edge at this point.

I was thinking the Browns and 49'ers would be our 2 wins,could they turn and pound us into the ground? Hell yes....:cuss:I figure Houston and Indy will pound us like cheap hookers and its possible all 6 do I guess.I know we haven't played very well vs the Jags in the past.I just want to think we will be a little better this year and hell on any given Sunday maybe the other team will slip ya know.Just the homer in me.ROFL

DaneMcCloud
08-15-2010, 06:25 PM
I was thinking the Browns and 49'ers would be our 2 wins,could they turn and pound us into the ground? Hell yes....:cuss:I figure Houston and Indy will pound us like cheap hookers and its possible all 6 do I guess.I just want to think we will be a little better this year and hell on any given Sunday maybe the other team will slip ya know.Just the homer in me.ROFL

Cleveland kicked the shit out of the Chiefs on the ground in week 16 and have improved through the draft, free agency and front office. Plus, that's a road game, so it's far from a given, IMO.

The 49ers are a team on the rise and Mike Singletary has that team playing extremely tough, hard-nosed football. They have probably the best linebacker in football, Patrick Willis, and an ascending offense. Again, I think it's a little early to put that one in the victory column.

I hope I'm wrong but I just have a tough time seeing the Chiefs start better than one and five. I was hoping that Ryan Matthews would have a learning curve, but it looks like, barring injury, he'll be ready to rip it up on MNF.

Bane
08-15-2010, 06:29 PM
Cleveland kicked the shit out of the Chiefs on the ground in week 16 and have improved through the draft, free agency and front office. Plus, that's a road game, so it's far from a given, IMO.

The 49ers are a team on the rise and Mike Singletary has that team playing extremely tough, hard-nosed football. They have probably the best linebacker in football, Patrick Willis, and an ascending offense. Again, I think it's a little early to put that one in the victory column.

I hope I'm wrong but I just have a tough time seeing the Chiefs start better than one and five. I was hoping that Ryan Matthews would have a learning curve, but it looks like, barring injury, he'll be ready to rip it up on MNF.

Yeah I can agree with that completely,but if we have to step back and look at the first 6 games and guess our record,I will stand by 2-4.You won't get much argument out of me either way though,I cant out guess what we will do even after watching for 20 + years.

Mecca
08-15-2010, 06:30 PM
Just remember the 2 games in the 1st 6 everyone is counting as wins are teams the Chiefs couldn't beat last year.

Bane
08-15-2010, 06:32 PM
Just remember the 2 games in the 1st 6 everyone is counting as wins are teams the Chiefs couldn't beat last year.

So if I say Indy and SD that makes it better? :cuss: Just about any 2 teams out of those 6 have kicked the fuggn shit out of us lately.JFC! You do know our record for the past 3 seasons right? Lots of ass kickings in there MECCA.

Mecca
08-15-2010, 06:33 PM
So if I say Indy and SD that makes it better? :cuss: Just about any 2 teams out of those 6 have kicked the fuggn shit out of us lately.JFC!

My point is when your team is bad it's really hard to run down the schedule and count wins. Jags and Browns fans are going to count the Chiefs as wins just the same.

ChiefsCountry
08-15-2010, 06:35 PM
Well with all due respect I don't see us starting out 0-6.Can it happen?

Here is the first six games.

San Diego
@Cleveland
San Francisco
@Indy
@Houston
Jacksonville

Cleveland is our best shot for a win, but its on the road and they tore us up last year. San Fran and Jacksonville are winnable but they have very good running games.

Bane
08-15-2010, 06:35 PM
My point is when your team is bad it's really hard to run down the schedule and count wins. Jags and Browns fans are going to count the Chiefs as wins just the same.

I can agree.We will prob win all the losses I count and lose all the wins.Happens every year it seems.You still have to "look" at a span and say we win theses and lose these.Everybody does it and no one gets it right all the time.I just dont see the big fuggn deal in sayn this or that.:cuss:

FAX
08-15-2010, 06:36 PM
Is it just possible ... I mean within the realm of remote possibility ... that people are over-reacting slightly to our first pre-season outing against the Falcons on their home turf?

Maybe?

FAX

Bane
08-15-2010, 06:37 PM

San Diego
@Cleveland
San Francisco
@Indy
@Houston
Jacksonville

Cleveland is our best shot for a win, but its on the road and they tore us up last year. San Fran and Jacksonville are winnable but they have very good running games.

Yeah and every year some slacker ass loser team blows some team that should win the SB away like a high school team,so who knows......

Mecca
08-15-2010, 06:38 PM

San Diego
@Cleveland
San Francisco
@Indy
@Houston
Jacksonville

I don't remotely think San Fran is a winnable game, that defense is going to go apeshit on us.

Bane
08-15-2010, 06:39 PM
Is it just possible ... I mean within the realm of remote possibility ... that people are over-reacting slightly to our first pre-season outing against the Falcons on their home turf?

Maybe?

FAX

Not me.I don't look much into pre season.I remember the Chargers starting out 4-0 with Leaf under center several eons ago and all 3 SD fans were gearing up for the SB.I think they won 1 game that year in the reg season.ROFL

FAX
08-15-2010, 06:40 PM
Jesus. Just get the ball to Charles. Let the 69r's chase him from behind all day.

FAX

ChiefsCountry
08-15-2010, 06:40 PM
Yeah and every year some slacker ass loser team blows some team that should win the SB away like a high school team,so who knows......

I think that will be the Arizona game for us.

Mecca
08-15-2010, 06:41 PM
Jesus. Just get the ball to Charles. Let the 69r's chase him from behind all day.

FAX

Patrick Willis is on that team...I'm not real sure how that would workout.

milkman
08-15-2010, 06:41 PM

To me, the only team on the schedule in those first 6 that I think we might compete in is Cleveland.

We could win it, but I'm not counting on it.

Bane
08-15-2010, 06:44 PM
I think that will be the Arizona game for us.

Shit if they stick with Leinart @ Qb they'll be as bad as us.

milkman
08-15-2010, 06:47 PM
Shit if they stick with Leinart @ Qb they'll be as bad as us.

No they won't.

Their defense is still better than ours, and they are supposed to be tweaking the system to better fit the skillset that Leinart possesses.

I still believe that Leinart has a chance to be a pretty good QB in the right system.

He'd be a perfect fit in the Vikings west coast offense.

And the fact is, regardless, he's still better than Cassel.

Bane
08-15-2010, 06:50 PM
No they won't.

Their defense is still better than ours, and they are supposed to be tweaking the system to better fit the skillset that Leinart possesses.

I still believe that Leinart has a chance to be a pretty good QB in the right system.

He'd be a perfect fit in the Vikings west coast offense.

And the fact is, regardless, he's still better than Cassel.

True, but aren't we "tweaking" our system/draft/everything to do the same for Casshole?

Mecca
08-15-2010, 06:50 PM
The guy Matt Cassel couldn't beat out is somehow now worse than Matt Cassel?

Bane
08-15-2010, 06:52 PM

I'm not sure anyone is worse than Casshole but Leinart sux ass too.

58-4ever
08-15-2010, 06:52 PM
I would be extremely pleased to go 3-3 on that stretch. I think with a little Monday Night Mo-Jo, we could pull that first game out of our ass.

Mecca
08-15-2010, 06:53 PM
Leinart is a very system limited player, when he played in the system under Dennis Green that he was drafted for he looked solid, in a downfield passing offense he's going to be awful he doesn't have the skills for it.

Leinart is a WCO, play action QB. If Arizona realizes that they can make the playoffs with him if they try to play like he's Warner they'll suck.

DaneMcCloud
08-15-2010, 06:53 PM

LMAO

There will a lot of people eating their words about Leinart.

The guy has been doing MMA training in the offseason and has been a leader in the lockerroom. He's an accurate passer and while I expect to see a much different offense with him under center, they're still going to be very, very good.

Bane
08-15-2010, 06:57 PM
LMAO

The guy has been doing MMA training in the offseason and has been a leader in the lockerroom. He's an accurate passer and while I expect to see a much different offense with him under center, they're still going to be very, very good.

And if he pans out I'll log in for my serving of crow,but I call bullshit.I say he sucks,and blows as has been his norm in the NFL and is out as starter before mid season.

Mecca
08-15-2010, 06:58 PM
Who they gonna pull him for the suck that is Derek Anderson?

DaneMcCloud
08-15-2010, 06:59 PM
And if he pans out I'll log in for my serving of crow,but I call bullshit.I say he sucks,and blows an has been his norm and is out as starter before mid season.

No way, Dude. He was on fire his rookie season before injury. Warner took over and the rest is history.

There wasn't anyway that Leinart, at that early stage of his career, was going to beat out a HOFer. But that doesn't mean he "sucks".

Ken Whisenhunt is smarter than that, anyway. If he felt the Cards needed a QB, he would have drafted or traded for one.

Bane
08-15-2010, 07:01 PM

Yep.

Bane
08-15-2010, 07:03 PM
No way, Dude. He was on fire his rookie season before injury. Warner took over and the rest is history.

There wasn't anyway that Leinart, at that early stage of his career, was going to beat out a HOFer. But that doesn't mean he "sucks".

Ken Whisenhunt is smarter than that, anyway. If he felt the Cards needed a QB, he would have drafted or traded for one.

I respectfully understand your position on the matter but I say he blows his chance and gets benched.

DaneMcCloud
08-15-2010, 07:04 PM
I respectfully understand your position on the matter but I say he blows his chance and gets benched.

LMAO

Awesome, Man!

Bane
08-15-2010, 07:06 PM
LMAO

Awesome, Man!

Honestly its nothing personal and I really like the kid.I just don't think he's cut out to be a NFL QB.

DaneMcCloud
08-15-2010, 07:11 PM
Honestly its nothing personal and I really like the kid.I just don't think he's cut out to be a NFL QB.

It's all good, Dude.

:thumb:

DBOSHO
08-15-2010, 07:17 PM
the leinart game that sticks out to me was against the bears a few years ago.

he played an exceptional game, and it was blown by his 2 kickers. whats sad is that he dedicated the game to a sick kid.

HemiEd
08-15-2010, 08:03 PM

Maybe?

FAX

Nope, it doesn't happen around here every year either.

Marcellus
08-15-2010, 09:26 PM
LMAO

I'm not sure where MMA training translates to NFL QB'ing.
He looked As bad as Cassel most if the time he has played the last few years. Not sure why he would just turn the corner.

Tuckdaddy
08-15-2010, 09:40 PM

FAX
Maybe?

Is it possible? Hell yes it's possible and is happening. We are shit from one meaningless game. All players are shit but Charles and D Mac. None of us have any idea if there was a plan or what the coaches wanted to actually wanted look at with the defenses they were running or the plays they were calling. The 2 problems I saw were the the d and O lines loiked weak. Pass protection wasn't good and we shoved around too much on the defense

KC Tattoo
08-15-2010, 09:44 PM
To me, the only team on the schedule in those first 6 that I think we might compete in is Cleveland.

We could win it, but I'm not counting on it.

I think were the team that other teams,like Cleveland fans, look at and say the same thing about us. Oh KC there's a W L L L L W L .....

milkman
08-15-2010, 09:47 PM
I think were the team that other teams,like Cleveland fans, look at and say the same thing about us. Oh KC there's a W L L L L W L .....

I didn't say it was a win.

I said I think we can compete.

greg63
08-16-2010, 01:37 AM
This is the game I saw through my simpleton eyes:

Our first string played their first string giving up a grand total amount of three whole points in the first quarter and ended the half with a 3-3 tie just before their scrubs beat up on our scrubs in the second half to win the game 20-10.

DaneMcCloud
08-16-2010, 01:46 AM
This is the game I saw through my simpleton eyes:

Our first string played their first string giving up a grand total amount of three whole points in the first quarter and ended the half with a 3-3 tie just before their scrubs beat up on our scrubs in the second half to win the game 20-10.

You obviously aren't aware of who is "first string" for each team.

Not surprised.

greg63
08-16-2010, 01:54 AM
You obviously aren't aware of who is "first string" for each team.

Not surprised.

You're right; I just, stupidly, assumed that our starters and their starters would compete against each other in the first quarter. What an idiot I am; thank you for showing me the error of my ways. :rolleyes:

Edit:

Please educate me as to who the starters were for this game. I was under the impression that it was these guys:

http://a.imageshack.us/img594/3011/atlantastarters.jpg (http://img594.imageshack.us/i/atlantastarters.jpg/)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us (http://imageshack.us)

http://a.imageshack.us/img594/9509/atlantastarters0.jpg (http://img594.imageshack.us/i/atlantastarters0.jpg/)

http://a.imageshack.us/img594/7980/atlantastarters1.jpg (http://img594.imageshack.us/i/atlantastarters1.jpg/)

http://a.imageshack.us/img594/7119/atlantastarters2.jpg (http://img594.imageshack.us/i/atlantastarters2.jpg/)

http://a.imageshack.us/img594/3636/atlantastarters3.jpg (http://img594.imageshack.us/i/atlantastarters3.jpg/)

...and these guys:

http://a.imageshack.us/img291/8316/chiefsstarters.jpg (http://img291.imageshack.us/i/chiefsstarters.jpg/)

http://a.imageshack.us/img291/7465/chiefsstarters0.jpg (http://img291.imageshack.us/i/chiefsstarters0.jpg/)

http://a.imageshack.us/img291/7417/chiefsstarters1.jpg (http://img291.imageshack.us/i/chiefsstarters1.jpg/)

http://a.imageshack.us/img810/9583/chiefsstarters2.jpg (http://img810.imageshack.us/i/chiefsstarters2.jpg/)

http://a.imageshack.us/img810/8954/chiefsstarters3.jpg (http://img810.imageshack.us/i/chiefsstarters3.jpg/)

...but, whatever.

BigMeatballDave
09-21-2010, 09:27 PM
I don't see this team winning a game until Halloween when Buffalo comes to town. 0-6 is very, very likely.Oops :)

-King-
09-27-2010, 01:18 PM

LMAO

Oh you guys! ROFL

Pitt Gorilla
12-27-2010, 11:20 PM
SB winners in this decade.

Trent Dilfer
Tom Brady
Brad Johnson
Tom Brady
Repeat
Ben Roethlisberger
Peyton Manning
Eli Manning
Ben Roethlisberger
Drew Brees

Only three of those teams had superior O-Lines.
One had a crappy O-Line.
The rest were pretty average.

Two of those three teams that had superior O-Lines won more because of defense than anything the offense did.

Only two of those teams had mediocre QBs.
The rest had top 5 QBs.

Bottom line.
The QB position is by far the most important position on the field.

We continue to ignore it.

So, yes, I am going to continue to hope against all hope that we actaully address the most important position on the field.

The Saints can win a SB with Jermon Bushrod, who isn't as good as Branden Albert, at LT.

The Chiefs can't win one with Matt Cassel at QB.

I've said this before.

Give me a top 10 defense and a franchise QB, and I will take my chances against the rest of the league.The Chiefs ignore the quarterback position?

mikey23545
12-28-2010, 12:12 AM
Oh my, this thread is chock full of Drafturbator goodness...LMAO

Greg63, don't you ever try to go head to head with the football genius that is DaneMagnificentMcCloud again...You are but a mere mortal, he is a pigskin deity...LMAO

The seriousness with which you drafturbators take yourselves is beyond belief...

KCwolf
12-28-2010, 01:07 AM
Hall of Classics Please

Fruit Ninja
12-28-2010, 01:41 AM

Chargers
Cleveland
49ers
Colts
Texans
Jacksonville

All of those teams have badass running games which will likely gash the Chiefs for 150+ a game (if not a couple of bills). The Chiefs front seven isn't likely to make an astronomical jump in the next four weeks and barring the addition of a true nose tackle, the defense is going to have its hands full trying to stop these teams from running all over them.

Ur right. It's a longer year then we are used too.

Dave Lane
12-28-2010, 01:54 AM
Ur right. It's a longer year then we are used too.

Great comment!

Rep

Guru
12-28-2010, 03:58 AM
OK, now this was entertaining reading. I even agreed with most of the detractors early on but I am glad this thread was full of incorrect assumptions. I don't know about Hall of Classics worthy though. It didn't really make me laugh.

Lzen
12-28-2010, 08:32 AM
...don't you ever try to go head to head with the football genius that is DaneMagnificentMcCloud again...You are but a mere mortal, he is a pigskin deity...LMAO

ROFL

A legend in his own mind.

BigMeatballDave
12-28-2010, 09:42 AM
I don't remotely think San Fran is a winnable game, that defense is going to go apeshit on us.ROFL

BigMeatballDave
12-28-2010, 09:48 AM
And trust me, when you're wrong, NO ONE will let you ever forget it.:evil:

Extra Point
12-28-2010, 10:14 AM
This is a football forum and I can absolutely assure you, no one forgets a ****ing thing....

Couldn't resist. I'm in the same boat. Just ask Dan Fouts.

The Bad Guy
12-28-2010, 10:30 AM

FAIL.

Mr. Plow
12-28-2010, 10:33 AM
I don't remotely think San Fran is a winnable game, that defense is going to go apeshit on us.

I like old threads.

Mr. Plow
12-28-2010, 10:39 AM
Hall of Classics Please

Seconded.

Fruit Ninja
12-29-2010, 12:15 AM
Couldn't resist. I'm in the same boat. Just ask Dan Fouts.

Its mostly when people dont agree with him, they are dumbfucks and then come the neg reps by him. IN reality, he's the one that has no fucking clue what he's talking about.

I am in it for the lul'z and he amuses me all the time.

-King-
12-29-2010, 12:22 AM
Dude, no offense, but SHUT THE FUCK UP.

Many of us have been around here for a decade for more. People like Milk, myself, CC, etc. aren't trolls. And casino cash bets don't mean DICK.

This is a football forum and I can absolutely assure you, no one forgets a fucking thing. So if you want to puff out your chest and proclaim that the Chiefs are going to blah, blah, blah, it's on record for everyone to see.

So he says that...but bitches when people bump threads and rub shit in the drafturbators faces? Lol, more hypocrisy by the great Dane.

Short Leash Hootie
12-29-2010, 03:42 AM
I think our boy Dane is praying this falls off the first page sooner rather than later

Marcellus
12-29-2010, 07:27 AM
So he says that...but bitches when people bump threads and rub shit in the drafturbators faces? Lol, more hypocrisy by the great Dane.

That's because even though he is wrong about it now, he was actually right about it then.

LMAO.

JASONSAUTO
12-29-2010, 07:41 AM

nope actually they CUT him for that suck

Lzen
12-29-2010, 08:44 AM
Its mostly when people dont agree with him, they are dumb****s and then come the neg reps by him. IN reality, he's the one that has no ****ing clue what he's talking about.

I am in it for the lul'z and he amuses me all the time.

This is truth. I don't care if someone has an opinion and they later turn out to be wrong. But when you carry on like your opinion is the only one that matters and everyone else is a (***pick any mixture of profanity laced tirade***) then you deserve every bit of blow back when you're proven wrong. And mainly for being such a **** while being wrong.

Lzen
12-29-2010, 08:48 AM
....the Chiefs didn't do a damn thing to improve their front seven....

2 words...

Romeo Crennel.

Short Leash Hootie
12-29-2010, 01:53 PM
I was really hoping Dane didn't ignore this bump :(

Otter
12-29-2010, 02:03 PM
All Hail Dane!!!

:wayne: :wayne: :wayne: