PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Gretz states positives re: Preseason "D"

Jawshco
08-16-2010, 12:57 PM
Gretz posted an article today about our Defensive performance in our first preseason game. It may not mean a whole lot, but we only allowed the Falcons 244 yards of offense, which ranks our D as Sixth in the league. Although, the D didn't start off well. It didn't breakdown like we've seen before.

Bob quoted Romeo who said that although there were no great indivual performances- no one quit when they were getting moved down the field. They responded well against the Falcons #1 offense by holding them to a FG.

Of our Defensive players Crennel said he was happy with Tamba who looks like he's becoming a complete LB this year. Another OLB he really likes Andy Studebaker who will push Vrabel for that starting spot. He also really likes what he's seeing from Berry and Lewis.

It sounds like we've got the beginnings of some solid players in various areas of the D. Our D-Line and ILB's are unfortunately a glaring weakness. Too bad we don't have any talented developing 1st rounders in those spots...

Chocolate Hog
08-16-2010, 01:00 PM
Oh god.

Los Pollos Hermanos
08-16-2010, 01:00 PM
I thought it was poor playcalling when the Falcons ran a sweep on 3rd and 3.

Detoxing
08-16-2010, 01:01 PM
Push? Studebaker needs to take that spot. The defense improved when Studebaker came into the game. IT was pretty obvious that he was the better player that night.

Almost as obvious as the fact that Mays has to go.

DaneMcCloud
08-16-2010, 01:03 PM
The front seven is a glaring weakness?

LMAO

Really?

Furthermore, this article is disingenuous in its very nature. Michael Turner rushed for 44 yards in six carries on the first drive. He could have ran for 200 yards by halftime. Much of Atlanta's failure to get in the endzone during the first two drives when Ryan was the QB was due to the receivers dropping passes and playcalling, not because of the play of the Chiefs defense.

Even after Turner, Ryan, White and Gonzalez left the field, the defense failed to do anything spectacular.

Hog Farmer
08-16-2010, 01:04 PM
I think our D will be better than everyone expects.

Chocolate Hog
08-16-2010, 01:04 PM

LMAO

Really?

Furthermore, this article is disingenuous in its very nature. Michael Turner rushed for 44 yards in six carries on the first drive. He could have ran for 200 yards by halftime. Much of Atlanta's failure to get in the endzone during the first two drives when Ryan was the QB was due to the receivers dropping passes and playcalling, not because of the play of the Chiefs defense.

Even after Turner, Ryan, White and Gonzalez left the field, the defense failed to do anything spectacular.

But Romeo is the cordinator. His defenses were great in Cleveland :LOL:

RustShack
08-16-2010, 01:05 PM
Belcher and DJ need to be the starting ILB's. MAYBE slide DJ over and start Williams. OR Mays and DJ. Either way, DJ needs to be starting. Also Shaun Smith needs to start at NT.

RustShack
08-16-2010, 01:06 PM
I think our D will be better than everyone expects.

Finish the season #11. You heard it here.

Hog Farmer
08-16-2010, 01:06 PM

LMAO

Really?

Receivers dropping balls and playcalling is part of the game. We were just about to stop Michael Turner and that's why they pulled him out.

-King-
08-16-2010, 01:07 PM
Start shaun smith. He got more push in 3 downs than Ron Edwars got all last year and all game friday.
Posted via Mobile Device

DaneMcCloud
08-16-2010, 01:07 PM
Receivers dropping balls and playcalling is part of the game. We were just about to stop Michael Turner and that's why they pulled him out.

LMAO

DaneMcCloud
08-16-2010, 01:08 PM

wut

Chocolate Hog
08-16-2010, 01:10 PM
Start shaun smith. He got more push in 3 downs than Ron Edwars got all last year and all game friday.
Posted via Mobile Device

You wanna see penetration? You should see this chick I fucked last week.

Jawshco
08-16-2010, 01:20 PM

LMAO

Really?

Dane- it wasn't disingenuous. It stated right off, as did I, that it may mean
nothing that we are ranking 6th in the leauge during the first week of preseason, but rather, it is interesting. And there are bright spots on our D. I'm not sure you can say the same about out offense. The idea of what Turner "could have done" was the very reason I brought up the D-Line and ILB's. Obvious? Of course. But it's noteable that we do have 3 first rounders there, and it's our weakest area. But the whole front 7 isn't terrible. We do have a couple decent role players at OLB.

tyton75
08-16-2010, 01:22 PM
Studebaker should be starting and put Vrabel in for the nickel

DaneMcCloud
08-16-2010, 01:24 PM

Studebaker should have been starting since the final four games of last season and should be the unquestioned starter this season, something I've been saying it since last December.

I hope Romeo puts professionalism first and does the right thing.

KCrockaholic
08-16-2010, 01:26 PM

Only problem with this IMO is that Studebaker is better in coverage than Vrabel. In a Nickel it would be wise to put our best coverage LB in the game at that time. But the Chiefs typically use a 2-4-5 Nickel. Jackson and Dorsey/Magee as the down linemen, and our usual 4 LB's with Vrabel as the ILB and Studebaker as the OLB. Then we have the main 4 in the secondary along with our Nickelback.

beach tribe
08-16-2010, 01:29 PM
But Romeo is the cordinator. His defenses were great in Cleveland :LOL:

Are you the most annoying poster on CP, or is it just me?

Because i honestly don't remember you always being this way. I think you feel as though you have to be annoying to get noticed. Well, you are right about that.

Chocolate Hog
08-16-2010, 01:31 PM

You have to have the biggest labia next to Jenna Jameson. Run along truefan.

beach tribe
08-16-2010, 01:33 PM
You have to have the biggest labia next to Jenna Jameson. Run along truefan.

You're so witty.

beach tribe
08-16-2010, 01:34 PM
There's only one Mecca. You are not needed.

beach tribe
08-16-2010, 01:37 PM

LMAO

Really?

Sad but true. This article is pure tripe.

Chocolate Hog
08-16-2010, 01:37 PM
There's only one Mecca. You are not needed.

Kill yourself.

the Talking Can
08-16-2010, 01:38 PM
we're ranked 6th in preseason defense after 1 game

ROFL

is there a trophy for that we could put in Arrowhead?

probably the high point of the last decade

beach tribe
08-16-2010, 01:40 PM
Kill yourself.

Again with the wit.

I vote you bring back your old douchey avatar with you throwing up the rock, while your boyfriend hoists you in gay passion. It suits you much better.

KCrockaholic
08-16-2010, 01:42 PM
we're ranked 6th in preseason defense after 1 game

ROFL

is there a trophy for that we could put in Arrowhead?

probably the high point of the last decade

lol. I've never thought much of using yardage as the tool that measures how a team ranks. Points are what matters, and we allowed 20 of them. Sure the Falcons had a short field for both of the TD's but we allowed 20.

Chocolate Hog
08-16-2010, 01:43 PM
Again with the wit.

I vote you bring back your old douchey avatar with you throwing up the rock, while your boyfriend hoists you in gay passion. It suits you much better.

ROFL your labia is showing in this thread. Why can't you true fans handle the truth? This defense fucking sucks did you really think signing Crennel would be enough?

beach tribe
08-16-2010, 01:49 PM
ROFL your labia is showing in this thread. Why can't you true fans handle the truth? This defense ****ing sucks did you really think signing Crennel would be enough?

Please show me where I said anything about the defense being improved.

I haven't, nor have I ever said they would be.

You're just annoying. Every thread. Every post.

Go on, and call me a true fan again. It's all you do. Every thread. Every post. It's tired. You're tired.

KCrockaholic
08-16-2010, 01:52 PM

Go on, and call me a true fan again. It's all you do. Every thread. Every post. It's tired. You're tired.

But...he wants to have attention....It's just not fair that everybody notices Dane and Hamas! He needs some attention too..:deevee:

Now here he comes with the Dane impersonation...Lets sit and watch.

Chocolate Hog
08-16-2010, 01:53 PM

Yea then again theres an ignore feature dipshit.

beach tribe
08-16-2010, 01:57 PM
But...he wants to have attention....It's just not fair that everybody notices Dane and Hamas! He needs some attention too..:deevee:

Now here he comes with the Dane impersonation...Lets sit and watch.

Exactly my thoughts.
He didn't used to be this way. But he was also never noticed. He saw all the attention that Mecca, and Hamas were getting so he put on his best impression. The only problem is, Mecca, Dane, and Hamas actually know what they are talking about. This guy just repeats whatever they say, and runs around screaming "true fan true fan" hardly even knowing what it means, thinking he's getting attention for the same reason they do, but that is far from the truth.

beach tribe
08-16-2010, 01:58 PM
Yea then again theres an ignore feature dipshit.

Where's the fun in that?

CoMoChief
08-16-2010, 01:59 PM
Belcher and DJ need to be the starting ILB's. MAYBE slide DJ over and start Williams. OR Mays and DJ. Either way, DJ needs to be starting. Also Shaun Smith needs to start at NT.

Shaun Smith looked awful.

Granted hes the only true NT we have, but I'd rather have Ron Edwards in there at this point.

Either way, it was ****ing criminal not to draft Cody in the 2nd round. DL/OL are the most glaring needs on this team at this point.

I bet Arenas would have been there in the 3rd and trading up for Moeaki was ****ing retarded too. He prob would have been there in the 4th as inj prone as he was in college.

KCrockaholic
08-16-2010, 01:59 PM
Exactly my thoughts.
He didn't used to be this way. But he was also never noticed. He saw all the attention that Mecca, and Hamas were getting so he put on his best impression. The only problem is, Mecca, Dane, and Hamas actually know what they are talking about. This guy just repeats whatever they say, and runs around screaming "true fan true fan" hardly even knowing what it means, thinking he's getting attention for the same reason they do, but that is far from the truth.

ROFL. I agree. I couldn't help but laugh at the thought of him running around with that dildo screaming "true fan true fan" around his house.

Chocolate Hog
08-16-2010, 02:08 PM
Exactly my thoughts.

Yea because I agree with everything Dane and Co. say Diatribe.

And your labia started to show when I questioned the Arenas pick and pointed out Crennel isn't all that. So I was to assume you are a true fan with all the butthurt you showed.

Chocolate Hog
08-16-2010, 02:15 PM
And heres the thread that shows how much Diatribe knows about college football

http://chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=210995&highlight=Nebraska+picked+north

A fucking clueless troll who doesn't give takes because when he does he looks straight up foolish.

beach tribe
08-16-2010, 02:19 PM
And heres the thread that shows how much Diatribe knows about college football

http://chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=210995&highlight=Nebraska+picked+north

A ****ing clueless troll who doesn't give takes because when he does he looks straight up foolish.

Lol. Wut?
Did I post in that awesome NE thread or something?

KCrockaholic
08-16-2010, 02:21 PM
Lol. Wut?

See, you know so little about college football that you didn't even post in his thread. So there.

Chocolate Hog
08-16-2010, 02:23 PM
Lol. Wut?

Diatribe you were one of the people saying there were no playmakers on the Nebraska team until ESPN told you about Suh. Basically veriftying that you don't know shit about college prospects. Don't bash people who actually pay attention.

beach tribe
08-16-2010, 02:26 PM
Diatribe you were one of the people saying there were no playmakers on the Nebraska team until ESPN told you about Suh. Basically veriftying that you don't know shit about college prospects. Don't bash people who actually pay attention.

Wow a NE homer pulls up a year old NE thread that he started to beat me down with.
Damn bro. You are ruthless. LMAO.

Chocolate Hog
08-16-2010, 02:29 PM
Wow a NE homer pulls up a year old NE thread that he started to beat me down with.
Damn bro. You are ruthless. LMAO.

That wasn't just about Nebraska you dipshit. I was just using it as a reference that you have no idea what the fuck you are talking about thats why you have to resort to trolling.

beach tribe
08-16-2010, 02:30 PM
Btw, I'm from TN, and I live in SoFla.
I pay about as much attention to NE football as the SEC does. "I say I say, stop it boy ya bothering me"

-King-
08-16-2010, 02:31 PM
Shaun Smith looked awful.

Granted hes the only true NT we have, but I'd rather have Ron Edwards in there at this point.

Either way, it was ****ing criminal not to draft Cody in the 2nd round. DL/OL are the most glaring needs on this team at this point.

I bet Arenas would have been there in the 3rd and trading up for Moeaki was ****ing retarded too. He prob would have been there in the 4th as inj prone as he was in college.

Shaun Smith as a fuckload better than Ron Edwards.

beach tribe
08-16-2010, 02:32 PM
That wasn't just about Nebraska you dipshit. I was just using it as a reference that you have no idea what the **** you are talking about thats why you have to resort to trolling.

Weak sauce. Let's see how many times you can say dipshit, you wordsmith you.

-King-
08-16-2010, 02:33 PM
ROFL. I agree. I couldn't help but laugh at the thought of him running around with that dildo screaming "true fan true fan" around his house.

TRUE FAN!! TRUE FAN!!!!

[pic removed by AUSTINCHIEF, I have been informed that it was acquired by fraud, and it wasn't out on the web in a public manner... I have no proof either way... if anyone has an issue, start a new thread and I'll address it there]

beach tribe
08-16-2010, 02:35 PM
TRUE FAN!! TRUE FAN!!!!

[pic removed by AUSTINCHIEF, I have been informed that it was acquired by fraud, and it wasn't out on the web in a public manner... I have no proof either way... if anyone has an issue, start a new thread and I'll address it there]
Oh good lawd, is that him?

-King-
08-16-2010, 02:37 PM
Oh good lawd, is that him?

Yep.

-King-
08-16-2010, 02:39 PM
Your number just ended up on craigslist congrats.

ROFL
Cool story bro.

Chocolate Hog
08-16-2010, 02:40 PM
ROFL
Cool story bro.

You think it's funny to create fake accounts on Facebook to stalk someone?

-King-
08-16-2010, 02:41 PM
You think it's funny to create fake accounts on Facebook to stalk someone?

I'm not the one who did it. Might want to talk to that person instead.

Lzen
08-16-2010, 02:42 PM
...Michael Turner rushed for 44 yards in six carries on the first drive. He could have ran for 200 yards by halftime....

Yes, because defenses never make adjustments and slow or shut down offenses. :rolleyes:

Chocolate Hog
08-16-2010, 02:42 PM
I'm not the one who did it. Might want to talk to that person instead.

Your not sure who did it but reguardless you realize someone stalked my facebook to get that picture and to photoshop yet you continue to post it. Thats pretty creepy.

KCrockaholic
08-16-2010, 02:43 PM
I think it's pretty creepy that he is about to take a dildo into the shower with him.

DaneMcCloud
08-16-2010, 02:50 PM
Yes, because defenses never make adjustments and slow or shut down offenses. :rolleyes:

Fill me in here: When was the last time the Chiefs made a second half adjustment that made a damn bit of difference?

Cleveland?

LMAO

The front seven sucks ass and will once again be a tremendous liability, especially in the run game.

Los Pollos Hermanos
08-16-2010, 02:52 PM
TRUE FAN!! TRUE FAN!!!!

http://i50.tinypic.com/x6bdrt.jpg

Welcome to the gun show.

DaneMcCloud
08-16-2010, 02:54 PM
TRUE FAN!! TRUE FAN!!!!

VERY uncool

Chocolate Hog
08-16-2010, 02:55 PM
Fill me in here: When was the last time the Chiefs made a second half adjustment that made a damn bit of difference?

Cleveland?

LMAO

The front seven sucks ass and will once again be a tremendous liability, especially in the run game.

Dane you're upsetting people because you aren't talking nicely about the Chiefs. Watch out they might stalk your Facebook page.

raybec 4
08-16-2010, 03:25 PM
This fuckin thread spun out of control in a hurry!

Tuckdaddy
08-16-2010, 03:27 PM

Because i honestly don't remember you always being this way. I think you feel as though you have to be annoying to get noticed. Well, you are right about that.

Romey has five SB rings so I doubt he doesn't know how to coach defense. He will fix them.

Detoxing
08-16-2010, 03:43 PM
Romey has five SB rings so I doubt he doesn't know how to coach defense. He will fix them.

You can't fix stupid.

beach tribe
08-16-2010, 03:43 PM
Your not sure who did it but reguardless you realize someone stalked my facebook to get that picture and to photoshop yet you continue to post it. Thats pretty creepy.

Unless they photoshopped a virgin in place of you, that picture is the least of your struggles.

............. btw it's regardless

KCtotheSB
08-16-2010, 03:47 PM
I'm taking a pessimistic view from the opener. I guarantee the Falcons have a double digit lead if we play them during the season when their offense is more in sync and well.....the starters play more than half a quarter. Turner was ripping off large chunks and Gonzalez was doing what he did best for us....finding those holes in the secondary and laying up.

In my eyes, taking a 3-3 tie into halftime isn't THAT big of a success.

beach tribe
08-16-2010, 03:52 PM
I'm taking a pessimistic view from the opener. I guarantee the Falcons have a double digit lead if we play them during the season when their offense is more in sync and well.....the starters play more than half a quarter. Turner was ripping off large chunks and Gonzalez was doing what he did best for us....finding those holes in the secondary and laying up.

In my eyes, taking a 3-3 tie into halftime isn't THAT big of a success.

We were obviously outmatched.
We need a lot of pieces.
Atlanta's starters would/did stomp our ass at this juncture.

Jawshco
08-16-2010, 05:49 PM
We were obviously outmatched.
We need a lot of pieces.
Atlanta's starters would/did stomp our ass at this juncture.

Yeah, we obviously were. That goes without saying. But that doesn't mean there wasn't some signs of improvement. Overall, we did as Haley said, see too much of the same mistakes we saw last year, but the defense did adjust against their starters during that first drive. I think we're going to be better this year, even if that "better" is only marginal. I'd rather be the one to predict improvement and be wrong about it, than be the guy who predicts the worst every year right or wrong. But that's just me. I know some people get a kick out of complaining.

ChiefsCountry
08-16-2010, 05:55 PM

Maybe in the CFL.

FAX
08-16-2010, 05:56 PM
I think we have a team that is going to look horrible some weeks and "not-too-dogone-bad" on other Sundays.

This stands to be a roller-coaster year for us.

FAX

Pasta Giant Meatball
08-16-2010, 06:00 PM
Maybe in the CFL.

Rusty must have been standing too close to Romeo after he downed several bean burritos. He should blame that post on inhaling Romeo's "natural gas".

Jawshco
08-16-2010, 06:36 PM
This ****in thread spun out of control in a hurry!

I know! What the heck? I don't want to see somebody's lame Facebook pic with a photoshopped dildo. That's not cool. Let's keep the topic in perspective here.... Sheesh!

DaneMcCloud
08-16-2010, 09:38 PM
Yeah, we obviously were. That goes without saying. But that doesn't mean there wasn't some signs of improvement. Overall, we did as Haley said, see too much of the same mistakes we saw last year, but the defense did adjust against their starters during that first drive.

WUT

Chiefs4TheWin
08-16-2010, 11:07 PM

/knowmo :)