PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Haley On Wright’s Report

Tribal Warfare
08-17-2010, 02:43 PM
Haley On Wright’s Report (http://arrowheadaddict.com/2010/08/17/haley-on-wrights-report/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter)

I told you a few minutes ago that Nick Wright of 610 Sports washearing that the Chiefs were going to make players with less than 4 years of experience stay in a hotel across from Arrowhead Stadium after the team breaks camp while the veterans are allowed to go home.

In today’s press conference, Wright asked Haley why the Chiefs were going to make the players stay in a hotel and things got a little heated.

Here is the exchange:

Wright: Why are you guys having some of the players, players with less than 4 years of experience, when training camp breaks stay in a hotel rather than go home?

Haley: I didn’t know we were. But that’s…

Wright: (inaudible)

Haley: …that’s not something I’m gonna talk about in here. I don’t think, as the head coach. I don’t talk about…days off. Now if it relates to practice but nights off how we’re handling out business I just prefer to keep that family business.

Wright: All right, let me ask something here. If certain players on your team were being told they can’t go home they have to stay in a hotel, would you know about it?

Haley: I would think so.

Wright: Just a moment ago you said you didn’t know you were. So you guys are not telling certain players, after training camp, they can’t go home they have to go to a hotel?

Haley: We’re back in court again, Adam. (rolls eyes) This seems to happen every other week. Nick, let me clarify.

Wright: Thank you.

Haley: (Extended Pause) I finished that first sentence or in that first response I said whether we, whatever we’re doing, whether we’re stayin in a circus truck, I’m not gonna talk about it in here. That’s my choice.

Wright: But that’s how you finished it and, I like you a lot but with all due respect, that’s not how you started it. You said I didn’t know we were. Which means you’re not. Because you just said if you were, you would know. So if you want to clarify, that’s fine. But I’m curious if there’s certain players being told they…

Haley: Next question please. Let’s just talk about football fellas.

Haley sort of denied the report. I am not sure what is going on but he was certainly annoyed with Wright. I weighted in and told you I think that if the Chiefs are doing thos, I think it is kinf of a bad idea. I just don’t like the message it sends to the players.

Wright will be talking about all of this right now, at 2 PM (CST) on 610 Sports. Be sure to tune in

gblowfish
08-17-2010, 03:11 PM
Are you saying Coach Haley sometimes bends the truth?

DeezNutz
08-17-2010, 03:12 PM
He also got into it with Teicher. I would like to see the tape.

Marcellus
08-17-2010, 03:13 PM
Whats the big deal again? Players with less than 4 years experience need to stay at a hotel the rest of preseason?

That's a big deal because what? Where are they going to go, they are still practicing pretty much every day and 2 a days every other day.

I doubt most of the young players even have a place in KC.

KCUnited
08-17-2010, 03:14 PM
I listened to the exchange live and Wright is an ass. I don't particularly care for the Haley/Pioli approach to the media, but the guy is out there to talk football, Wright wants the TMZ stuff.

-King-
08-17-2010, 03:15 PM
Nick is ranting about it right now...

What is he basing this off of? The same guy that said Henderson was joining the Chiefs?

Mecca
08-17-2010, 03:17 PM
I listened to the exchange live and Wright is an ass. I don't particularly care for the Haley/Pioli approach to the media, but the guy is out there to talk football, Wright wants the TMZ stuff.

When you get heavily evasive with stuff what exactly do you expect to happen?

The media in this town is about as lax as it comes, if he's having a problem here other places would be comedy.

Los Pollos Hermanos
08-17-2010, 03:22 PM
I couldn't care less if they were sleeping in the dugouts of Kaufman stadium.

KCUnited
08-17-2010, 03:30 PM

The media in this town is about as lax as it comes, if he's having a problem here other places would be comedy.
What do I expect? I expect to here about the practice during the after practice press conference.

rambleonthruthefog
08-17-2010, 03:44 PM
What do I expect? I expect to here about the practice during the after practice press conference.

:clap:

Marcellus
08-17-2010, 03:46 PM

Don't you realize that making the younger players stay in that hotel for 3 weeks could have long lasting implications for this season?

Regardless of what you may believe this is not an attempt to make a story out of nothing, this is real football news. Haley could lose the team over this, just like he did last year.

mcaj22
08-17-2010, 03:50 PM
i'll stay in any hotel anywhere in America anytime if you're paying my salary. What the **** is the big deal? Young twenty somethings getting paid millions have to stay in a hotel and put in a little extra and earn their dues?

Yeah great, I bet the world is going to end for them, not fair!

Pants
08-17-2010, 03:52 PM
Haley could lose the team over this, just like he did last year.

ORLY?

I must have missed that. At what point did he lose the team, again?

Stinger
08-17-2010, 03:53 PM
Don't you realize that making the younger players stay in that hotel for 3 weeks could have long lasting implications for this season?

Regardless of what you may believe this is not an attempt to make a story out of nothing, this is real football news. Haley could lose the team over this, just like he did last year.

You mean like when the veterans would claim the lower level of the dorm at River Falls and the Rooks and underclassmen had to trape 3 flights of stairs after practice?

Give me a break this is just a seniority thing that next year others will be able to do and others won't. Jeez talk about a mountain out of a mole hill.

:shake:

allen_kcCard
08-17-2010, 03:54 PM

Lose them? How? For laying out guidelines that he expects them to follow?

It isn't like he is doing something cruel and unusual....maybe unusual, I don't know what other teams do to compare to this, but it isn't a big freaking deal. Players get into trouble all over the league and then it is smeared all over the news day and night and people run the player and sometimes the team into the ground...case in point, Bowe and his mouth. If Haley is doing something to help the younger players keep out of trouble and into football for the period that he is able to then more power to him. It isn't like he is putting them in a prison cell or anything.

-King-
08-17-2010, 03:57 PM
Lose them? How? For laying out guidelines that he expects them to follow?

It isn't like he is doing something cruel and unusual....maybe unusual, I don't know what other teams do to compare to this, but it isn't a big freaking deal. Players get into trouble all over the league and then it is smeared all over the news day and night and people run the player and sometimes the team into the ground...case in point, Bowe and his mouth. If Haley is doing something to help the younger players keep out of trouble and into football for the period that he is able to then more power to him. It isn't like he is putting them in a prison cell or anything.
He was being sarcastic.

-King-
08-17-2010, 03:58 PM
LMAO Marcellus' sarcasm went way over people's heads.

Pants
08-17-2010, 04:00 PM
LMAO Marcellus' sarcasm went way over people's heads.

Yeah, that's a FAIL on my part. LOL.

allen_kcCard
08-17-2010, 04:01 PM
He was being sarcastic.

Bah humbug.

JASONSAUTO
08-17-2010, 04:11 PM
ROFL at marcellus and the following posts.

KCUnited
08-17-2010, 04:11 PM
Petro's comment after the whole thing:

"Here's a good idea - have a POINT. It makes it SO much more interesting for the listener!"

from P,T, & A.

'Hamas' Jenkins
08-17-2010, 04:15 PM
They're both dumb sonsofbitches with no credibility. It's too bad they can't annihilate one another like matter and antimatter.

Chocolate Hog
08-17-2010, 04:17 PM
The players prolly bang Nicks gf on the bunk bed.

Bill Lundberg
08-17-2010, 04:19 PM
The players prolly bang Nicks gf on the bunk bed.

Your post quality is hitting an all time low. FAX was pretty much dead on.

Mr. Laz
08-17-2010, 04:25 PM
Pioli and Haley sure are being immature about this shit.

it's like a little game they want to play "try and avoid telling people as much as possible, even if it's meaningless shit"

Pitt Gorilla
08-17-2010, 04:26 PM

Regardless of what you may believe this is not an attempt to make a story out of nothing, this is real football news. Haley could lose the team over this, just like he did last year.The next big story will be about how the vets aren't required to attend rookie camp.

:eek:

Chocolate Hog
08-17-2010, 04:33 PM
Your post quality is hitting an all time low. FAX was pretty much dead on.

What did Fax say? Atleast my quality of life isn't as low as yours. Poor guy has to play the role of grumpy bastard everytime he post.

FAX
08-17-2010, 05:10 PM
Pioli and Haley sure are being immature about this shit.

it's like a little game they want to play "try and avoid telling people as much as possible, even if it's meaningless shit"

I wonder if ... maybe ... just maybe ... Haley doesn't want to be the guy to tell the entire world where exactly all these highly paid athletes are going to be staying, Mr. Laz ????

I know from past experience that it's not unusual for professional athletes, actors, musicians, etc. to stay in hotels under assumed names just to avoid the problems that come along with celebrity and money. Mickey Newbury (may God rest his soul), for example, always checked in under the name Pete Peters.

FAX

KCUnited
08-17-2010, 05:25 PM
Lol, Maas on with Wright saying this is a normal thing teams do.

'Hamas' Jenkins
08-17-2010, 05:30 PM
I wonder if ... maybe ... just maybe ... Haley doesn't want to be the guy to tell the entire world where exactly all these highly paid athletes are going to be staying, Mr. Laz ????

I know from past experience that it's not unusual for professional athletes, actors, musicians, etc. to stay in hotels under assumed names just to avoid the problems that come along with celebrity and money. Mickey Newbury (may God rest his soul), for example, always checked in under the name Pete Peters.

FAX

"I've never heard of half of these guys, and the ones I do know are way past their prime."

"Most of these guys never had a prime."

Mr. Laz
08-17-2010, 05:31 PM

FAX
it's not just about this hotel crap ... it's everything.

like the injuries, he doesn't have to give a medical report but this not acknowledging injuries is just stupid.

DeezNutz
08-17-2010, 05:33 PM

FAX

Imagine how much strange a guy like Cameron Sheffield could import...;)

DeezNutz
08-17-2010, 05:33 PM

like the injuries, he doesn't have to give a medical report but this not acknowledging injuries is just stupid.

And the new depth chart being...GASP!!!...released yesterday.

Mecca
08-17-2010, 05:34 PM
The entire thing is just stupid, either say no comment or answer honestly. There's no point in trying to talk in some circle then acting like you didn't say something when it's apparent you did.

FAX
08-17-2010, 05:35 PM
The entire thing is just stupid, either say no comment or answer honestly. There's no point in trying to talk in some circle then acting like you didn't say something when it's apparent you did.

This, I agree with.

FAX

Marcellus
08-17-2010, 05:49 PM

What really really annoys you, the reporters and several others around here is Haley and company don't care what you think or want.

Pasta Giant Meatball
08-17-2010, 05:54 PM
What really really annoys you, the reporters and several others around here is Haley and company don't care what you think or want.

Pretty much.

Fruit Ninja
08-17-2010, 05:57 PM
What did Fax say? Atleast my quality of life isn't as low as yours. Poor guy has to play the role of grumpy bastard everytime he post.

Says the guy who started a thread about being blocked by someone on fucking TWITTER! Ooh how funny that is.

Mr. Laz
08-17-2010, 06:09 PM
What really really annoys you, the reporters and several others around here is Haley and company don't care what you think or want.they should actually ... we are the consumer for the product they are trying to sell.

they are just more brazen and pompus about it because they don't have much competition. one minute they are asking for our patronage and support and the next they are 'saying' we don't give a fuck about you or what you want.

nobody is saying they should run the organization by fan opinion poll but they repeatedly make a point of giving everyone the middle finger even when it's not necessary.

ChiefMojo
08-17-2010, 06:12 PM
Haha basically the story is a complete none issue when it comes to the Chiefs and the reality of the world, but of course this is the angle Wright likes to take at times. You can tell it pisses Haley off and gets him sideways when he responds... he can't give a straight answer.

Sure the KC media is known not to be the greatest out there, but it gets old when people like Wright want to go TMZ all the time. They are all about doing their job... getting ratings and listeners. The topics they try to dive into just has to piss the Chiefs off to no end. Bland and normal practice reports are boring for some of the media and some fans. For many they just want the practice reports and none of the other BS that Wright and some others like to dish out.

FAX
08-17-2010, 06:14 PM
If it's true that a bunch of players are staying at a particular hotel for an extended time, I don't blame Haley for refusing to share that information. Clearly, he handled the whole thing awkwardly, though.

Nonetheless, Nick Wright (so far as I can tell) is one evolutionary step above sidewalk slug.

I wouldn't read too much into this whole deal. Over-react and all that stuff, you know?

FAX THE CALM

Marcellus
08-17-2010, 06:26 PM
they should actually ... we are the consumer for the product they are trying to sell.

they are just more brazen and pompus about it because they don't have much competition. one minute they are asking for our patronage and support and the next they are 'saying' we don't give a **** about you or what you want.

nobody is saying they should run the organization by fan opinion poll but the repeatedly make a point of giving everyone the middle finger even when it's not necessary.

Once again a CP member fails to realize the hardcore Chiefs fan who wants to know everything all the time and analyzes everything to death, makes up about 1% of the fanbase.
Wake up. CP is not the general consensus. We are the extreme.

Marcellus
08-17-2010, 06:27 PM
If it's true that a bunch of players are staying at a particular hotel for an extended time, I don't blame Haley for refusing to share that information. Clearly, he handled the whole thing awkwardly, though.

Nonetheless, Nick Wright (so far as I can tell) is one evolutionary step above sidewalk slug.

I wouldn't read too much into this whole deal. Over-react and all that stuff, you know?

FAX THE CALM

FAX have you traded morphine for Beta blockers?

I agree completely.

FAX
08-17-2010, 06:33 PM
FAX have you traded morphine for Beta blockers?

I agree completely.

Went to Smoothie King for some advice. They loaded me up. I just feel lucky to be alive.

Even though I can barely move.

FAX THE MADE OF LEAD

Chocolate Hog
08-17-2010, 07:33 PM
Says the guy who started a thread about being blocked by someone on ****ing TWITTER! Ooh how funny that is.

Serious question do some of you print out pictures of me cut holes in the eyes and jack off in the miror? It's pretty funny how i've became the center of attention in everythread. If i'm such a dumbass use the ignore feature dumbass.

penchief
08-17-2010, 07:46 PM
they should actually ... we are the consumer for the product they are trying to sell.

they are just more brazen and pompus about it because they don't have much competition. one minute they are asking for our patronage and support and the next they are 'saying' we don't give a **** about you or what you want.

nobody is saying they should run the organization by fan opinion poll but they repeatedly make a point of giving everyone the middle finger even when it's not necessary.

Winning football is what I want. This soap opera bullshit of making mountains out of mole hills is nothing more than a distraction. Some of you act like you're entitled to know every little detail about every little thing and if you don't get it it's time to call in Woodward and Bernstein.

KCtotheSB
08-17-2010, 07:51 PM
If this happened in Dallas, we'd hear about it for 20 minutes on SportsCenter and see a front page banner on ESPN.com, complete with a SportsNation poll or twelve.

Anyways, who gives a f**k where they stay. These guys get paid a shitload of money to follow instructions and play at a high level. Give me a sackload of cash and I'll go sleep in a goddamn dumpster next to KnowMo's mother for five months. As for the interview, Haley could have been a bit more tactful in his answer, but regardless, Wright was digging for something more that just wasn't there. Let it go.

Los Pollos Hermanos
08-17-2010, 07:57 PM
If this happened in Dallas, we'd hear about it for 20 minutes on SportsCenter and see a front page banner on ESPN.com, complete with a SportsNation poll or twelve.

Anyways, who gives a f**k where they stay. These guys get paid a shitload of money to follow instructions and play at a high level. Give me a sackload of cash and I'll go sleep in a goddamn dumpster next to KnowMo's mother for five months. As for the interview, Haley could have been a bit more tactful in his answer, but regardless, Wright was digging for something more that just wasn't there. Let it go.

This wouldn't happen in Dallas because no media member in the world except Nick Wright thinks this is a big deal.

Mr. Laz
08-17-2010, 08:02 PM
Winning football is what I want. This soap opera bullshit of making mountains out of mole hills is nothing more than a distraction. Some of you act like you're entitled to know every little detail about every little thing and if you don't get it it's time to call in Woodward and Bernstein.
i don't think i need to know everything but a little respect would be nice.

they are being petty

it's like shanahan get pissed off and putting 20 players on the injury report every week just to be a baby about having to report them. :shake:

just answer the questions and move on unless there is a specific need for secrecy.

boogblaster
08-17-2010, 08:07 PM
is the team paying .. i stayed in motels my whole working years most of the time i paid ...

rambleonthruthefog
08-17-2010, 08:15 PM
Serious question do some of you print out pictures of me cut holes in the eyes and jack off in the miror? It's pretty funny how i've became the center of attention in everythread. If i'm such a dumbass use the ignore feature dumbass.

idiots and assholes get peoples attention. it is what it is.

penchief
08-17-2010, 08:15 PM
i don't think i need to know everything but a little respect would be nice.

they are being petty

it's like shanahan get pissed off and putting 20 players on the injury report every week just to be a baby about having to report them. :shake:

just answer the questions and move on unless there is a specific need for secrecy.

Their reasoning for not talking about certain things may be legitimate in the context of the big picture as they see it. Maybe they could be a little more tactful but it isn't necessary to kowtow to the press everytime it demands an answer or a reason for something.

milkman
08-17-2010, 08:16 PM

It's in KC, so who gives a rat's ass?

ForeverChiefs58
08-17-2010, 11:04 PM
Young players: "Hey Nick STFD and STFU ok. We love being in a hotel. We got a good thing here, I mean Dwayne Bowe is going to come by and show us how to import girls from facebook and everything."

notorious
08-17-2010, 11:06 PM
I mean Dwayne Bowe is going to come by and show us how to import girls from facebook and everything."

As long as they don't "catch" anything.........

Fat Elvis
08-17-2010, 11:12 PM
Meh, Haley is just trying to keep the new guys from marrying their stalkers.

googlegoogle
08-17-2010, 11:54 PM
Thanks nick for clearing that all up.

We were all desperately concerned.

KCrockaholic
08-18-2010, 12:00 AM
I think Nick has this thought that our younger players are being mistreated and get beatings everyday when the media goes home. Maybe that is why he's so worried about them.

Count Alex's Losses
08-18-2010, 12:18 AM
What Haley meant to say was:

http://i35.tinypic.com/296cbxt.jpg

http://i36.tinypic.com/14jm594.jpg

http://i37.tinypic.com/rlx9uu.jpg

GoHuge
08-18-2010, 12:27 AM
Nick Wright is a clown doing eveything he can do make himself relevant. He's trying to turn himself into the next Whitlock. Blow everything out of proportion and hope to fill four hours of his lame ass show, Dude is unlistenable. Can't stand his ass.

Chocolate Hog
08-18-2010, 12:30 AM
Nick Wright is a clown doing eveything he can do make himself relevant. He's trying to turn himself into the next Whitlock. Blow everything out of proportion and hope to fill four hours of his lame ass show, Dude is unlistenable. Can't stand his ass.

Yea no doubt that really had nothing to do with football but when you don't know shit about football like Wright you gotta ask questions like that.

TrickyNicky
08-18-2010, 12:32 AM
Remember last year when Nick Wrong asked Haley if he would fire himself? Good times, good times...

Simply Red
08-18-2010, 12:40 AM
Haley is not pleased

Rausch
08-18-2010, 01:58 AM
Haley On Wright’s Report (http://arrowheadaddict.com/2010/08/17/haley-on-wrights-report/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter)
Wright: Just a moment ago you said you didn’t know you were. So you guys are not telling certain players, after training camp, they can’t go home they have to go to a hotel?

Haley: We’re back in court again, Adam. (rolls eyes) This seems to happen every other week. Nick, let me clarify.

Wright: Thank you.

Haley: (Extended Pause, long glance of hatred and implied "fuck you") I finished that first sentence or in that first response I said whether we, whatever we’re doing, whether we’re stayin in a circus truck, I’m not gonna talk about it in here. That’s my choice.

FYP...

Chocolate Hog
08-18-2010, 02:18 AM
Remember last year when Nick Wrong asked Haley if he would fire himself? Good times, good times...

Or the time he said the Chiefs taded for Boldin.

keg in kc
08-18-2010, 03:36 AM
People take shit too personally. This doesn't have anything to do with giving the middle finger to fans or the media; they don't want other teams to know what's going on.

kysirsoze
08-18-2010, 03:38 AM

FAX THE CALM

How the thread continued after this post is beyond me.

King_Chief_Fan
08-18-2010, 07:16 AM
I think it would be o.k. for Haley to use one of Carl's favorite quotes to Nick W. : SDSTFU

aturnis
08-18-2010, 07:21 PM
Who cares. Really, this is MOST of the team. It gives them a chance to bond being their all going to be bored in a hotel, and it also keeps them out of trouble, something most veterans already do.