PDA

View Full Version : Poop C Jon Luigs waived by Bengals

booger
08-17-2010, 05:43 PM
19 minutes ago - C Jonathan Luigs has been waived by the Bengals. He was in his second year out of Arkansas, but obviously rookie C Reggie Stephens was impressive enough in filling in for injured C Kyle Cook on Sunday that Luigs became expendable. Bengals RapidReports

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/players/playerpage/523481/jonathan-luigs

kind of a combo G/C guy who could compete with Lem JeanPierre and Harris as young guys looking to take spots or backup the Weigmann Lilja Niswanger trio.

booger
08-17-2010, 05:46 PM
Was a three-time college finalist for Rimington Award (nation’s top center), winning the award as a junior. 2009 4th round pick.

no indication so far it was a waived/injured situation. Seems they are happy with this years pick Reggie Stephens as a backup C.

shitgoose
08-17-2010, 05:48 PM
If he were cut by the patriots he would already be headed to St Joe on Clarks jet

DaneMcCloud
08-17-2010, 05:49 PM
Fucking claim him IMMEDIATELY

Mecca
08-17-2010, 05:50 PM
Luigs problem is he's a little light so he doesn't really fit what they do on offense and centers like him are becoming more and more what teams don't want as the 3-4 trend grows throughout the league.

chiefs1111
08-17-2010, 05:50 PM
Chiefs should sign him now.

DeezNutz
08-17-2010, 05:51 PM
Umm...why not?

booger
08-17-2010, 05:51 PM
6-4 310

ChiefsCountry
08-17-2010, 05:52 PM
I wanted the Chiefs to draft him so I hope they would sign him.

tyton75
08-17-2010, 05:53 PM
what could it hurt?

Red Beans
08-17-2010, 05:53 PM
This is a guy the Chiefs have to bring in. If for nothing more than a look, but at least a fucking look...

Mecca
08-17-2010, 05:54 PM
If only the Pats, Cards or Dolphins had cut him.

milkman
08-17-2010, 05:54 PM
Was a three-time college finalist for Rimington Award (nationís top center), winning the award as a junior. 2009 4th round pick.

no indication so far it was a waived/injured situation. Seems they are happy with this years pick Reggie Stephens as a backup C.

Stephens looked pretty damn impressivein his preseason debut last weekend.

CoMoChief
08-17-2010, 05:55 PM
He's a big mofo. I remember seeing him play in college, hes a mauler.

But at this point, I'm wishing we'd sign Roseanne Barr over Rudy Niswanger

booger
08-17-2010, 05:56 PM
Stephens looked pretty damn impressivein his preseason debut last weekend.

yep, he did. I could be wrong but i don't think Luigs started that game. Somebody else and there starter Cook was out.

Stephens is 325 plus. Good player on bad teams at ISU.

DeezNutz
08-17-2010, 05:57 PM
Why the hell did they feel the need to draft another C this year? Just a weight issue?

Mecca
08-17-2010, 05:59 PM
Why the hell did they feel the need to draft another C this year? Just a weight issue?

I don't think Luigs progressed like they wanted then they quickly realized he wasn't a fit and their starter is most likely a stop gap.

Luigis has always been thought of as a finesse player, I remember when that pick happened it was immediately questioned because of the 3-4 teams in that division.

booger
08-17-2010, 05:59 PM
Stephens can play G too but i think Luigs played a few games there in college as well, but mostly C. Maybe they just didn't think he fit at G for them. Figure they could have got a late rounder for a young player in his 2nd year that was highly rated.

booger
08-17-2010, 06:04 PM
The Cincinnati Bengals have placed center Jonathan Luigs on waivers.

Luigs was chosen in the fourth round last year out of Arkansas.

He played in eight games last season and had been dealing with a hip injury.

While starter Kyle Cook recovers from a minor ankle injury, rookie seventh-round pick Reggie Stephens will deliver the snaps with the first-team offense.

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Bengals-cut-Jonathan-Luigs.html

Ralphy Boy
08-17-2010, 06:11 PM

Luigs has an injury. Arthroscopic surgery on his hip in April and apparently has some lingering issues.

link (http://www.fantasysp.com/player/nfl/Jonathan_Luigs/1105188)

booger
08-17-2010, 06:12 PM
The Bengals waived last year’s fourth-round pick, center Jonathan Luigs out of Arkansas. Luigs had hip surgery in the offseason and hardly practiced in the spring and at training camp. Since he was waived and not waived injured, the indication is he won’t revert to any lists if he clears waivers and that he won’t return. Luigs played in eight games last season backing up Kyle Cook.

http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Update-Andre-Smith-practicing-Luigs-cut/c20f58f0-55c8-45d1-89e1-c8dbd0e4e0df

wouldn't be a suprise to see him go unclaimed then. Might not be ready to play for awhile it seems.

booger
08-17-2010, 06:12 PM
Luigs has an injury. Arthroscopic surgery on his hip in April and apparently has some lingering issues.

link (http://www.fantasysp.com/player/nfl/Jonathan_Luigs/1105188)

beat me to it!

CoMoChief
08-17-2010, 06:13 PM
The Cincinnati Bengals have placed center Jonathan Luigs on waivers.

Luigs was chosen in the fourth round last year out of Arkansas.

He played in eight games last season and had been dealing with a hip injury.

While starter Kyle Cook recovers from a minor ankle injury, rookie seventh-round pick Reggie Stephens will deliver the snaps with the first-team offense.

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Bengals-cut-Jonathan-Luigs.html

Luigs with one good hip/one bad hip > Niswanger with 2 good hips

FAX
08-17-2010, 06:16 PM
6-4 310

That's light for a C/G?

FAX

booger
08-17-2010, 06:18 PM
That's light for a C/G?

FAX

Not IMO. for this offense anyway. Asamoah is roughly the same size @ 6-4 305

DaneMcCloud
08-17-2010, 06:25 PM
Again, the Chiefs should claim him. Even if he just sits on IR for the year, they'll have a developmental player in the wings.

Which is more than they can say right now.

booger
08-17-2010, 06:29 PM
38 minutes ago - To help with a banged up offensive line, the coaches moved first-year DE Bobby Greenwood to tackle for Tuesday’s practice. Greenwood worked with the No. 3 offensive line. Other than helping out on the scout team last year, the Alabama native has never played offense.

39 minutes ago - DE Bobby Greenwood on moving to the offensive side: “If they want me to stay there, I’ll stay there. If they want me to move, I’ll move; whatever they want. I know if I’m going to stay here, I’ve got to do whatever they ask and do it well.”

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/rapid-reports/team/KC/all_tags/today

'Hamas' Jenkins
08-17-2010, 06:29 PM
Even if he's been a disappointment as a draft pick, he's a better player than Rudy.

FAX
08-17-2010, 06:30 PM
Again, the Chiefs should claim him. Even if he just sits on IR for the year, they'll have a developmental player in the wings.

Point.

Now, be nice to people for awhile.

FAX

DaneMcCloud
38 minutes ago - To help with a banged up offensive line, the coaches moved first-year DE Bobby Greenwood to tackle for Tuesdayís practice. Greenwood worked with the No. 3 offensive line. Other than helping out on the scout team last year, the Alabama native has never played offense.

39 minutes ago - DE Bobby Greenwood on moving to the offensive side: ďIf they want me to stay there, Iíll stay there. If they want me to move, Iíll move; whatever they want. I know if Iím going to stay here, Iíve got to do whatever they ask and do it well.Ē

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/rapid-reports/team/KC/all_tags/today

There's a guy that's desperately trying to hang onto a job

DaneMcCloud
Point.

Now, be nice to people for awhile.

FAX

LMAO

booger
08-17-2010, 06:31 PM
There's a guy that's desperately trying to hang onto a job

yep

booger
08-17-2010, 06:34 PM

yea i would agree. I wonder though about the PUP rules if he didn't practice in camp with cinci and got waived if he would be eligable if claimed for someone else to start the season on PUP?

i guess it depends if they waived him off the PUP list or if he was on the 80 man roster.