PDA

View Full Version : Elections Simple Question...

greg63
08-17-2010, 10:20 PM
Will you be voting in the November 2010 election, and why?

greg63
08-17-2010, 10:22 PM
No, as of right now, because I'm convinced that it no longer matters.

healthpellets
08-17-2010, 10:23 PM
because if i don't vote, the turrurists win.

alnorth
08-17-2010, 10:27 PM
I'm convinced that it no longer matters.

thats one of those edgy, cool things to say to get people whipped up into agreeing or disagreeing.

It is also silly and wrong.

greg63
08-17-2010, 10:28 PM
thats one of those edgy, cool things to say to get people whipped up into agreeing or disagreeing.

It is also silly and wrong.

It's how I feel.

Taco John
08-17-2010, 10:40 PM
I voted today, actually. If I'm voting in August, you can imagine I don't forget about November.

Guru
08-17-2010, 10:48 PM
I'm sure I'll vote but I also have no doubt that my vote won't mean squat.

greg63
08-17-2010, 10:52 PM
I'm sure I'll vote but I also have no doubt that my vote won't mean squat.

Which is why I don't even want to bother with it, but I read ya.

patteeu
08-17-2010, 11:06 PM
Yes, because I always vote.

fan4ever
08-17-2010, 11:56 PM
If you don't vote, you have no right to bitch...and then there would be no DC in CP.

(Of course I didn't vote in your poll...so I won't bitch about how silly it is).

greg63
08-18-2010, 05:22 AM
If you don't vote, you have no right to bitch...and then there would be no DC in CP.

(Of course I didn't vote in your poll...so I won't bitch about how silly it is).

Wrong, because the morons that are voted into office affect those who don't vote as much as those who do.

InChiefsHell
08-18-2010, 06:24 AM
Wrong, because the morons that are voted into office affect those who don't vote as much as those who do.

If you are not part of the process, you are part of the problem. Dude, just vote. It's a time honored tradition in this country that we have a peaceful passage of power and have had one for over 200 years. No other country on the planet can make that claim. If you give up on that right, you become irrelevant to the process. Don't be irrelevant. Find a person whose philosophy and stance you agree with as much as possible, and vote for that person. But don't disengage. That's how this country has gone down and become mediocre...Dems and Repubs are not different anymore because they really don't HAVE to be. Make them stand for something besides just getting re-elected. That STARTS at the ballot box.

Vote. Seriously, generations have fought and died to maintain the freedom you have to do so. Don't crap on their sacrifice.

And yeah, I'll be voting this year, as I have every election since I was 18.

King_Chief_Fan
08-18-2010, 06:29 AM
I want the right to complain, therefore I vote

mlyonsd
08-18-2010, 06:49 AM
Anyone that doesn't vote shouldn't receive one dollar of government money.

And they should have to dig their own outhouse.

oldandslow
08-18-2010, 07:01 AM

mylon - We won't be cancelling each other out this time for Gov - I am voting R. there. Heidepren (sp) is a nut.

Prolly vote for Herseth again. Kristy is also a bit of a loose cannon imo. The independent guy is way too right for me.

Will vote yes on the smoking ban.

Don't care about about medical mj.

Radar Chief
08-18-2010, 07:10 AM
No, as of right now, because I'm convinced that it no longer matters.

If you donít vote you forfeit your right to bitch.

mlyonsd
08-18-2010, 07:12 AM
mylon - We won't be cancelling each other out this time for Gov - I am voting R. there. Heidepren (sp) is a nut.

Prolly vote for Herseth again. Kristy is also a bit of a loose cannon imo. The independent guy is way too right for me.

Will vote yes on the smoking ban.

Don't care about about medical mj.

From what I read Heidepriem doesn't stand much of a chance although I haven't been paying attention to the race.

I voted for Hereseth last time and since she voted against health care reform I'll listen to her in the debates with an open mind, although she does side with Pelosi more than not.

I'm voting no on the smoking ban and yes on mj.

healthpellets
08-18-2010, 07:22 AM

nope.

i'd prefer people that get loads of government money not vote.

Radar Chief
08-18-2010, 07:24 AM

Maybe those moransô are getting voted into office because people like you arenít doing anything about it.
All thatís needed is for good men to do nothing.

greg63
08-18-2010, 07:46 AM
If you are not part of the process, you are part of the problem. Dude, just vote. It's a time honored tradition in this country that we have a peaceful passage of power and have had one for over 200 years. No other country on the planet can make that claim. If you give up on that right, you become irrelevant to the process. Don't be irrelevant. Find a person whose philosophy and stance you agree with as much as possible, and vote for that person. But don't disengage. That's how this country has gone down and become mediocre...Dems and Repubs are not different anymore because they really don't HAVE to be. Make them stand for something besides just getting re-elected. That STARTS at the ballot box.

Vote. Seriously, generations have fought and died to maintain the freedom you have to do so. Don't crap on their sacrifice.

I understand what you're saying and can appreciate your passion. However, the "process" is the problem IMHO, and as such it has become irrelevant who is put in office thus making the ballot box irrelevant. I'm not "crapping" on anyone’s sacrifice; the politician has done that - not me. Seriously, is there anyone here who honestly believes that there is a single politician out there who cares about you, me or anyone for that matter but themselves? The only time they care about the general public is around election time, and that's when they all lie through their teeth in order to solicit your vote. They are all the same beast; feasting on the future of our children and grandchildren. The "process" does more to bring the country down then to build it up. The only thing that will get the attention of the "politician" is if the "voter" is conspicuous by their absence at the ballot box.

Just something I agree with that highlights my point of view:

<o>:p>http://www.lewrockwell.com/mcelroy/mcelroy37.html</o>:p>

greg63
08-18-2010, 07:48 AM
Maybe those moransô are getting voted into office because people like you arenít doing anything about it.
All thatís needed is for good men to do nothing.

I just realize that there is nothing that can be done "about it" at the ballot box.

greg63
08-18-2010, 07:51 AM
If you donít vote you forfeit your right to bitch.

For all the good that does.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=6940797&postcount=11

dirk digler
08-18-2010, 07:55 AM

Mad Crapper would be SOL

alnorth
08-18-2010, 08:00 AM

eh, I disagree with the OP's opinion, but I am also in favor of people who don't care about voting, to not vote. Apathetic voters who are forced to vote would probably tend to vote against my interests anyway.

Dayze
08-18-2010, 08:07 AM
nope. because it doesn't matter.
never will.
they do what they want to do once in office anyway.

BucEyedPea
08-18-2010, 08:33 AM
I will because of tradition. But 80% of these candidates become part of the problem within two years of being in office.

Radar Chief
08-18-2010, 09:41 AM
eh, I disagree with the OP's opinion, but I am also in favor of people who don't care about voting, to not vote. Apathetic voters who are forced to vote would probably tend to vote against my interests anyway.

I disagree with it, but not voting is a right also.

Radar Chief
08-18-2010, 09:43 AM
never will.

Then turn it over.
Since they wonít impose term limits on themselves its up to the voters to do it for them.
Turn over, we need more of it.

Hydrae
08-18-2010, 11:27 AM
Then turn it over.
Since they wonít impose term limits on themselves its up to the voters to do it for them.

That is my plan. I will not be voting for any incumbent (even though I generally agree with my congresscritters). It is past time for a lot of fresh blood in DC (No, not in the streets no matter how tempting that sounds).

Otter
08-18-2010, 11:47 AM

Even if I didn't vote I believe the $20k a year I pay in taxes buys me the right to bitch to my heart's content.

I voted back in March, no way I'm missing November.

greg63
08-18-2010, 12:24 PM
never will.

Exactly!

greg63
08-18-2010, 12:42 PM
Then turn it over.

You're missing the point; it doesn't matter who is voted in.

greg63
08-18-2010, 02:55 PM
I will because of tradition. But 80% of these candidates become part of the problem within two years of being in office.

Agreed.

I think that "80%" is a conservative estimate.

Guru
08-18-2010, 03:15 PM
Then turn it over.

Unfortunately, too many people just keep voting for the name they recognize and don't put any thought into their "choice" at all.

Chief Henry
08-18-2010, 03:42 PM
Yes, I'll vote. Because I always vote and I want to vote my displeasure of whats going on in this country.