PDA

View Full Version : Football Starting to feel bad for Tavaris Jackson

-King-
08-18-2010, 02:59 AM
Tarvaris Jackson on Brett Favre: "I really don't care"
Posted by Michael David Smith on August 17, 2010 6:25 PM ET
Just as Tarvaris Jackson is finishing a long, hot August of sweating through training camp as the Vikings' starting quarterback, Brett Favre has arrived to take the job back.

But far from being furious about it, Jackson says he's indifferent to the fact that three of his teammates took the day off practice today to go get Favre.

"Honestly, I really don't care," Jackson said. "I feel like if my number is called I'll be ready and I'm going to continue to try and work hard and get better. That's all I can do. [In response to the three players that went to Mississippi to plead with Favre]My teammates, that's their prerogative. I can't really control that. I'm just going to do my part."

We'll give Jackson the benefit of the doubt and assume that claiming not to care is a coping mechanism. If he actually doesn't care whether or not he's the Vikings' starting quarterback, well, it's a good thing for the Vikings that he isn't.

Low blow by the writer at the end. Seeing as how the vikings have done everything short of sucking Favre's dick to get him back, what is Jackson supposed to say?

Thig Lyfe
08-18-2010, 03:15 AM
Yeah, if he said anything remotely negative the writer surely would have chided him for not being a team player. His answer was perfect.

kysirsoze
08-18-2010, 03:37 AM
I agree. Any QB forced into the backup role would (should) give the same answer. I'm sure he's pretty unhappy with the situation and he handled it with class. That being said, he isn't a great starter. If I was a Vikings fan I'd be popping champagne right now.

milkman
08-18-2010, 05:51 AM
Low blow by the writer at the end. Seeing as how the vikings have done everything short of sucking Favre's dick to get him back, what is Jackson supposed to say?

Okay.
Were you there in Mississippi when Childress was there earlier this offseason?

Were you there yesterday when Allen and the crew were there yesterday?

Have you ever been there when anyone has been in personal contact with Favre?

If not, shut the hell up.

They might well have sucked Favre's dick for all you know.

Bob Dole
08-18-2010, 06:07 AM
It amazes Bob Dole that after this many years of Favre Drama, ANYONE can care...

King_Chief_Fan
08-18-2010, 06:12 AM
wouldn't you do just about anything to keep T.Jackson from being your starting QB? If I thought the Chiefs had a chance, I would chase Favre just to piss Cassel off to see him ride off into the sun set........or New England

-King-
08-18-2010, 06:42 AM
Okay.
Were you there in Mississippi when Childress was there earlier this offseason?

Were you there yesterday when Allen and the crew were there yesterday?

Have you ever been there when anyone has been in personal contact with Favre?

If not, shut the hell up.

They might well have sucked Favre's dick for all you know.

ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL
Posted via Mobile Device

pr_capone
08-18-2010, 07:12 AM
Jackson is getting paid infinitely more than I am to hold a clip board and cheer on his team mates.

My sympathy for the guy is limited.

Pasta Giant Meatball
08-18-2010, 07:36 AM
He'll be off sipping Purple Drank with Russel to help ease the pain.

Bane
08-18-2010, 07:37 AM
Fuck Jackson!He had his shot and sucked.That's why the whole Favrefest started in the first place with the Viqueens.They had no QB!JFC!
Posted via Mobile Device

notorious
08-18-2010, 07:43 AM
**** Jackson!He had his shot and sucked.That's why the whole Favrefest started in the first place with the Viqueens.They had no QB!JFC!
Posted via Mobile Device

This is true, it's not like he didn't get his chance.

Bane
08-18-2010, 07:56 AM
This is true, it's not like he didn't get his chance.

Don't get me wrong I know it has to suck to play this game again this year after the kid put in his training camp and everything else but if he was capable of running the O,Favre would have never been there in the first place.IMO.
Posted via Mobile Device

notorious
08-18-2010, 08:00 AM
Don't get me wrong I know it has to suck to play this game again this year after the kid put in his training camp and everything else but if he was capable of running the O,Favre would have never been there in the first place.IMO.
Posted via Mobile Device

Not getting you wrong, you are 100% correct.

Favre got Minnesota to where the went last year. That team is going to melt down when he decides not to play any more.

Wouldn't you know it, Minn had a chance to take a few shots at drafting a QB to replace Favre when he quits, but they didn't.

Sounds familiar.........

KCtotheSB
08-18-2010, 08:02 AM
I agree, Jackson had his chance to solidify his role and failed to take advantage...which is why the Vikings are kissing Favre's ass in the first place.

Still, I can't imagine how much it must suck to put in all that work/time to get BACK to that spot and all along, having this monumental dickhead's actions screw you over at every turn.

Bane
08-18-2010, 08:03 AM

Favre got Minnesota to where the went last year. That team is going to melt down when he decides not to play any more.

Wouldn't you know it, Minn had a chance to take a few shots at drafting a QB to replace Favre when he quits, but they didn't.

Sounds familiar.........

Yep damn near got them to the SB!Just think,if he had got them there and won,maybe we'd have dual view Favre cam this year!Lmao.
Posted via Mobile Device

notorious
08-18-2010, 08:04 AM
Yep damn near got them to the SB!Just think,if he had got them there and won,maybe we'd have dual view Favre cam this year!Lmao.
Posted via Mobile Device

I think this might be their implosion year. Things might get ugly if they don't re-capture the magic from last season.

Bane
08-18-2010, 08:12 AM
I think this might be their implosion year. Things might get ugly if they don't re-capture the magic from last season.

We'll see I guess.IMO the team is still gonna be very good,but I'm curious as to how healthy Favre really is.I'll go on the record as saying he doesn't have a repeat performance of last year.I don't think he's healthy and ready to play yet and if that's true the Vikings are gonna miss out again this year!
Posted via Mobile Device

notorious
08-18-2010, 08:25 AM
We'll see I guess.IMO the team is still gonna be very good,but I'm curious as to how healthy Favre really is.I'll go on the record as saying he doesn't have a repeat performance of last year.I don't think he's healthy and ready to play yet and if that's true the Vikings are gonna miss out again this year!
Posted via Mobile Device

I want the Vikings to succeed, and the NFL is more interesting with Favre doing his thing. He had an outstanding year last year, but that will be hard to duplicate.

They are loaded with talent, but just like our 2004 team sometimes things just don't fall your way.

Priest31kc
08-18-2010, 09:28 AM
Jackson is getting paid infinitely more than I am to hold a clip board and cheer on his team mates.

Exactly. I have no sympathy at all.

Reerun_KC
08-18-2010, 09:29 AM

Sounds familiar.........

And I am going to enjoy watching it this year.... Watching Farve cost them when it really counts...

Detoxing
08-18-2010, 09:31 AM
Im just patiently waiting for the Favre/Childress sex scandal to emerge on TMZ. That should be a hoot.

vailpass
08-18-2010, 10:15 AM
Yeah, if he said anything remotely negative the writer surely would have chided him for not being a team player. His answer was perfect.

Yep.

chiefsnorth
08-18-2010, 10:25 AM
Jackson is where he is for one reason and one reason only: because he has never matured into the player he could have been. They gave him a chance to make the job his.

Jackson bears an ominous stench - the guy who is not good enough, and now he knows it. There are guys who are never going to be good enough but still believe they are or they can be. He has moved on into being a guy who knows his role and will be very happy drawing league salary for years to come.

Natural lifecycle for backup QBs..

Mr. Laz
08-18-2010, 10:25 AM
all he can do it learn as much as he can and then bail at first chance

maybe if the timing works out he can bail on them at the exact same time as Favre finally quits for real and he can give minnesota the same middle finger they have been giving him.

"Favre finally retires for real, Jackson leaves in free agency ... Vikings left without starting QB"

chiefsnorth
08-18-2010, 10:27 AM
I agree, Jackson had his chance to solidify his role and failed to take advantage...which is why the Vikings are kissing Favre's ass in the first place.

Still, I can't imagine how much it must suck to put in all that work/time to get BACK to that spot and all along, having this monumental dickhead's actions screw you over at every turn.

They are a wild card team at best without Favre. Jackson is not getting "screwed". Everyone knows the score.

Pestilence
08-18-2010, 10:28 AM
1. I can never feel sorry for anyone who's making that much money for sitting on the bench.

2. Fuck Brett Favre. I now hate him more than I hate Tom Brady. I seriously hope Favre gets hurt this year.

BWillie
08-18-2010, 10:41 AM
**** Jackson!He had his shot and sucked.That's why the whole Favrefest started in the first place with the Viqueens.They had no QB!JFC!
Posted via Mobile Device

Tarvaris Jackson's stats from 2008 in the last 4 games. He had not played in 2008 since week 2.

8-10 105 yards 143.8 rating
11-17 163 yards 135.5 rating
22-36 233 yards 98.5 rating
16-26 239 yards 88.5 rating

Then in 2009 in limited snaps he had a QB rating of 113.4.

Just sayin

chiefsnorth
08-18-2010, 11:01 AM
Tarvaris Jackson's stats from 2008 in the last 4 games. He had not played in 2008 since week 2.

Just sayin

There is a reason why personnel decisions are not made by profootballreference .com

His 2009 stats are all mop-up duty. 1 td, 0 int. Only 21 attempts. Duh.

One yea he started and was a turnover machine, another year he lost the starting job to Gus frerotte durin the season.

Wish for this never was if you will. My bet is he does a stint in Oakland before his playing days are done.

boogblaster
08-18-2010, 11:06 AM
Jackson couldn't carry Favre's jock-strap .....

Bane
08-18-2010, 11:15 AM

Just sayin

Yeah that all looks real good on paper but have you watched them play with him under center? I have and it wasn't pretty,or at least not pretty enough for him to keep the starting job.I don't dislike the kid,I just cant feel sorry for him when it's just as much his fault as anybodies that Favre is there at all.

Bane
08-18-2010, 11:15 AM

Brad has that covered! We all know that!ROFL

Demonpenz
08-18-2010, 11:16 AM

umm jacksons the black one

BigRichard
08-18-2010, 12:38 PM
umm jacksons the black one

:LOL:

bobbything
08-18-2010, 12:54 PM
1. I can never feel sorry for anyone who's making that much money for sitting on the bench.

2. **** Brett Favre. I now hate him more than I hate Tom Brady. I seriously hope Favre gets hurt this year.
1. I only feel sorry for him insomuch that he's out there, doing his job, as the starting QB. The team is getting all the reps with Jackson in the lineup. Only to have The Diva waltz in at the end take the job back simply because he doesn't want to go to training camp. People will argue that The Diva has "earned" the right to sit out training camp. I disagree, and hate that it's tolerated. But, that's one of the many reasons I'm not an NFL coach.

2. Agreed.

Mecca
08-18-2010, 01:46 PM
If he didn't suck they wouldn't be begging Favre to play.

bobbything
08-18-2010, 01:51 PM
No shit. Jackson didn't say that he didn't care about being the starting QB. He said he didn't care about his teammates going to make out with The Diva.

Bane
08-18-2010, 01:53 PM
No shit. Jackson didn't say that he didn't care about being the starting QB. He said he didn't care about his teammates going to make out with The Diva.

:clap:ROFL

milkman
08-18-2010, 02:29 PM
With Favre at QB, I expect the Vikings season to end much the same as it did last year, as I expected.

BWillie
08-18-2010, 02:59 PM
Yeah that all looks real good on paper but have you watched them play with him under center? I have and it wasn't pretty,or at least not pretty enough for him to keep the starting job.I don't dislike the kid,I just cant feel sorry for him when it's just as much his fault as anybodies that Favre is there at all.

Obviously Farve is better than Jackson, but I'm just saying I think Farve is a little bit of a product of having such great players around him.

Bane
08-18-2010, 03:08 PM
Obviously Farve is better than Jackson, but I'm just saying I think Farve is a little bit of a product of having such great players around him.

As is the case many times,but sometimes,great QB's play well no matter what.No doubt Favre gives them a better chance to win,but even if he wasn't in the picture,I think they'd be looking for someone else at QB anyway.

Bane
08-18-2010, 03:21 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp10/news/story?id=5473664

The parts I liked best........
"I can't promise you I can make it through the season," he said. "I couldn't promise that to you when I was 21.

Favre's return to the field comes on the one-year anniversary of the day he signed a two-year, $25 million contract with the Vikings.

Favre reportedly will get a pay raise for returning to the 2010 season. Favre, who was scheduled to make $13 million this season, will have his base salary bumped to $16.5 million, the (Minneapolis) Star Tribune reported.

Favre also will have $3.5 million in incentives added to his contract, based on postseason success, the Star Tribune reported, potentially boosting his 2010 salary to $20 million.

Garcia Bronco
08-18-2010, 03:32 PM

I hear what you are saying, but if Farve is there how is TJ taking enough snaps in real games to get the experience? Further to beat out Farve he has to do more than just be better on the field. He has to beat his legend. Good luck on that.

Pestilence
08-18-2010, 04:17 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp10/news/story?id=5473664

The parts I liked best........
"I can't promise you I can make it through the season," he said. "I couldn't promise that to you when I was 21.

Favre's return to the field comes on the one-year anniversary of the day he signed a two-year, $25 million contract with the Vikings.

Favre reportedly will get a pay raise for returning to the 2010 season. Favre, who was scheduled to make $13 million this season, will have his base salary bumped to $16.5 million, the (Minneapolis) Star Tribune reported.

Favre also will have $3.5 million in incentives added to his contract, based on postseason success, the Star Tribune reported, potentially boosting his 2010 salary to $20 million.

I'm going to laugh when the Vikings fall.......hard.

chiefzilla1501
08-18-2010, 04:18 PM

I don't understand why people always throw in the money argument. As if money means everything.

Anyone who's ever played competitive sports knows the feeling of sitting on the bench. I would take less money to start than hold a clipboard for more $ and I imagine the majority of NFL players feel the same exact way.

CaliforniaChief
08-18-2010, 04:19 PM

I wish he would have just come out and said "Yeah, I want more money" it would have been nice. Then again, if I had $1 for everytime I put the words "I wish" and "Favre" together, I'd be laughing all the way to the bank.

Bane

My lil bro and one of my best friends are Favre-ites,and are already talking about league MVP,SB,etc..... Yeah I can't wait!ROFL

-King-
I don't understand why people always throw in the money argument. As if money means everything.

Anyone who's ever played competitive sports knows the feeling of sitting on the bench. I would take less money to start than hold a clipboard for more $ and I imagine the majority of NFL players feel the same exact way.

This.

Thig Lyfe
08-18-2010, 04:21 PM
Packers are gonna win the North anyhow.

Bane
08-18-2010, 04:24 PM
Packers are gonna win the North anyhow.

Well with Martz destruction of the Bears underway,and Detroit's status,they should.That is if LORD FAVRE doesn't decide he want's the win the division as well.:D

Deberg_1990
08-18-2010, 04:31 PM

:facepalm:

Did you see Sydney Rices numbers before Favre arrived??

Good grief...why do KC fans always devalue the Qb position?? I dont get it.

-King-
08-18-2010, 05:08 PM
:facepalm:

Did you see Sydney Rices numbers before Favre arrived??

Good grief...why do KC fans always devalue the Qb position?? I dont get it.

I'm not really trying to defend Jackson...but Sidney Rice only started 7 games his first 2 years so it's not Jackson's fault that Sidney didn't have big numbers.

Chiefs Pantalones
08-18-2010, 05:10 PM
Jackson is shit. It's a good thing Favre is back.

Deberg_1990
08-18-2010, 05:15 PM
I'm not really trying to defend Jackson...but Sidney Rice only started 7 games his first 2 years so it's not Jackson's fault that Sidney didn't have big numbers.

Ok, but if Jackson were any good, they wouldnt be begging Favre to come back.

Teams dont mind parting with a decent QB if they feel they have a suitable sub.

See: Eagles: Kolb or Packers: Rodgers

I dont blame the Vikes one bit after the numbers he had last year. He most likely will choke again in the playoffs, but ya never know....they are alot closer to a title with Favre than with Jackson or Rosenfels.

-King-
08-18-2010, 05:18 PM

I dont blame the Vikes one bit after the numbers he had last year. He most likely will choke again in the playoffs, but ya never know....they are alot closer to a title with Favre than with Jackson or Rosenfels.

I'm not disagreeing with you. Favre is a far better qb than Jackson. But you can't sit and say that Jackson has been getting treated fairly this offseason. How would you like it if you came in early everyday and worked your ass off and then someone rolled in and took your job without doing any work themselves?

Deberg_1990
08-18-2010, 05:20 PM
I'm not disagreeing with you. Favre is a far better qb than Jackson. But you can't sit and say that Jackson has been getting treated fairly this offseason. How would you like it if you came in early everyday and worked your ass off and then someone rolled in and took your job without doing any work themselves?

He gets paid the same whether he sits or starts. I dont feel sorry for him.

-King-
08-18-2010, 05:22 PM

Why the hell are you people bringing up the money thing? We get it, pro athletes are rich. Doesn't make them less human.

milkman
08-18-2010, 05:23 PM

If you're Jackson, you probably knew this was going to happen as well as everyone else did.

Thig Lyfe
08-18-2010, 05:24 PM
Why the hell are you people bringing up the money thing? We get it, pro athletes are rich. Doesn't make them less human.

Because money solves everything!

chiefzilla1501
08-18-2010, 07:26 PM

Who gives a shit? I don't know how much you make or anyone makes. But I do know that none of us would be happy if what stood in the way from getting a promotion was a guy who kept retiring and unretiring from that position.

Mecca
08-18-2010, 07:26 PM
I don't get why anyone should feel bad for a QB who at best is a game manager getting replaced because the team thinks they are a bowl team.

It would be like crying for Matt Cassel because he got replaced by someone who was actually good.

chiefzilla1501
08-18-2010, 07:32 PM

I don't blame the Vikings one bit for doing what they did.

I just fucking hate the dog-and-pony show Brett Favre has made about this and every other offseason. The fact that he's such a prima donna that he's going to have his coach and teammates travel to him to suck up to him?

All the while, look at all the players he's fucked over. He fucked over Aaron Rodgers once and almost did it again (thank goodness the Packers stepped in, but that move was not easy or popular). He royally fucked over the Jets by acting like he was done with his career and then coming back the next season... to a different team. And he's fucking over his teammates in Minnesota who spend 8 months worrying about whether their star teammate is going to come back to play.

The guy's a great QB, but an absolute piece of shit. Nobody should make excuses for the guy. He's the only player in pro sports whose ego might exceed Lebron James'.

milkman
08-18-2010, 07:36 PM
I don't blame the Vikings one bit for doing what they did.

I just ****ing hate the dog-and-pony show Brett Favre has made about this and every other offseason. The fact that he's such a prima donna that he's going to have his coach and teammates travel to him to suck up to him?

All the while, look at all the players he's ****ed over. He ****ed over Aaron Rodgers once and almost did it again (thank goodness the Packers stepped in, but that move was not easy or popular). He royally ****ed over the Jets by acting like he was done with his career and then coming back the next season... to a different team. And he's ****ing over his teammates in Minnesota who spend 8 months worrying about whether their star teammate is going to come back to play.

The guy's a great QB, but an absolute piece of shit. Nobody should make excuses for the guy. He's the only player in pro sports whose ego might exceed Lebron James'.

I have to say that I feel vindicated for the shit I've taken in the past for saying I thought Favre was a phoney with that good ol' country boy act.

Mecca
08-18-2010, 07:36 PM
It's worse than it should be because we live in a time of 24/7 coverage of everything, So ESPN has to talk about it every minute of every day because it's the only story at the moment,

chiefzilla1501
08-18-2010, 07:41 PM
It's worse than it should be because we live in a time of 24/7 coverage of everything, So ESPN has to talk about it every minute of every day because it's the only story at the moment,

It doesn't change the principle of the thing.

TV coverage or not. You don't string along your teammates, coaches, and owners for 8 months. He's done that 4 seasons in a row. To three different teams. And making players and coaches leave training camp to blow you, that's a whole other level of ego. The media might bring attention to it, but it doesn't make him any less of a dick. He's not doing this for media attention. He's doing it because he doesn't give a shit about anyone but himself.

Mecca
08-18-2010, 07:43 PM
Great if they keep doing it, it's their problem not his.

If your friend keeps borrowing money and never paying it back and you keep letting it happen, guess who's fault that is?

I really could give a shit what Favre does other than the league is far more interesting with him in it than watching Tavaris Jackson lead the Vikings to a 9-7 record.

milkman
08-18-2010, 07:48 PM
Great if they keep doing it, it's their problem not his.

If your friend keeps borrowing money and never paying it back and you keep letting it happen, guess who's fault that is?

I really could give a shit what Favre does other than the league is far more interesting with him in it than watching Tavaris Jackson lead the Vikings to a 9-7 record.

I've heard that "Favre is good for the NFL" bullshit from the media.

I don't give a rat's ass if the Vikings go 9-7 with Jackson, or 12-4 with Favre, the league is not more interesting because of Favre.

The league was interesting and entertaining before Favre, and it will be after he's gone.

You go buy that TMZ shit.

But don't tell me that stupid shit that Favre makes the league more interesting.