PDA

View Full Version : U.S. Issues Pelosi: Investigate the funding for Opposition to Mosqu

HonestChieffan
08-18-2010, 12:00 PM
http://kcbs.cbslocal.com/2010/08/17/pelosi-on-mosque-plans-for-the-wtc-site/

The Dems must be so proud to have this wench as the standard bearer of their party.

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, California Democrat, called for an investigation of those who are protesting the building of the Ground Zero Mosque on Tuesday. She told San Francisco’s KCBS radio

“There is no question there is a concerted effort to make this a political issue by some. And I join those who have called for looking into how is this opposition to the mosque being funded,” she said. “How is this being ginned up that here we are talking about Treasure Island, something we’ve been working on for decades, something of great interest to our community as we go forward to an election about the future of our country and two of the first three questions are about a zoning issue in New York City.” (h/t Kristinn)

Calls to investigate the funding for those proposing the $100 million “Cordoba House” have fallen on deaf ears, though, as New York’s Mayor Mike Bloomberg has described such an investigation as “un-American.”

Ms. Pelosi called the Ground Zero mosque an “urban development decision” for New Yorkers to work through.

bkkcoh
08-18-2010, 02:52 PM
Is Dingy Harry #1 on the list?

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/fIlCiX0LIqA?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/fIlCiX0LIqA?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

blaise
08-18-2010, 03:24 PM
Why would an investigation be needed, and who would pay for it? If she's so concerned let her get out her checkbook and hire someone.

Bwana
08-18-2010, 03:29 PM
ROFL

Jesus, the bitch is bat shit crazy.

King_Chief_Fan
08-18-2010, 03:49 PM
I think the investigation of who is funding the mosque will tell you much more

HonestChieffan
08-18-2010, 04:06 PM
Lefties want a mosque but will stop a Christian from having a Display at Christmas with the baby Jesus. Liberalism is a form of madness.

mikey23545
08-18-2010, 04:12 PM
Nothing spooky about dictatorial-minded liberals asking for investigations of their political enemies...

Why don't they just unveil their brown shirts and get it over with?

Chief Henry
08-18-2010, 04:25 PM
ROFL

Deja Vu :D

BucEyedPea
08-18-2010, 04:30 PM
ROFL

No that can only be Sharron Angle. Where's dirk when we need him most?

BigChiefFan
08-18-2010, 05:01 PM
Pelosi is a gleaming example of why our Congress is out of touch. She can't be replaced soon enough for my liking.

healthpellets
08-18-2010, 05:07 PM
Lefties want a mosque but will stop a Christian from having a Display at Christmas with the baby Jesus. Liberalism is a form of madness.

You can have all the baby Jesus displays wherever you want and whenever you want...as long as it's on private property.

KCTitus
08-18-2010, 06:38 PM
Im curious...when did disagreeing with the administration become un-patriotic? I seem to recall back in 2003, patriotism was disagreeing with the administration, speaking truth to power...what happened?

mlyonsd
08-18-2010, 06:48 PM
And I join those who have called for looking into how is this opposition to the mosque being funded,” she said.

I'd like to know who she's talking about here.

Taco John
08-18-2010, 06:52 PM
Investigation? Why would there be an investigation. It's not illegal to protest a mosque.

Brock
08-18-2010, 06:55 PM
Why does anyone care who's funding the mosque anyway?

vailpass
08-18-2010, 06:55 PM
When will we be shed of her and the rest of obama's clown show?

healthpellets
08-18-2010, 07:00 PM
Investigation? Why would there be an investigation. It's not illegal to protest a mosque.

probably worried bout those domestic terrorists.

btw, "tenthers" are on the domestic terrorism list.

DaneMcCloud
08-18-2010, 09:13 PM
Why does anyone care who's funding the mosque anyway?

Haven't you heard? Al-Qaeda's funding it.

Or at least, that's what Patteau and his minions believe.

KCTitus
08-18-2010, 09:22 PM

Apparently it is illegal to protest...or at least worth looking into by congress. It's such a good thing those damned republicans aren't looking into people's motivations when they speak truth to power.

Oucho Cinco
08-18-2010, 09:23 PM
You can have all the baby Jesus displays wherever you want and whenever you want...as long as it's on private property.

So you are saying that virtually every government building in DC is going to have to be torn down because of the religious markings put there?

As it is there are over $1 Trillion worth of empty government buildings in DC. And we are still building. What a joke.

So is the gov. going to allow state sponsored Islamic observations on government ground?

KCTitus
08-18-2010, 09:28 PM
I think in the spirit of NOT separating church from state, it's important for the STATE department to fund a religious leader to travel to countries across the pond to do religious outreach.

That's a good thing...that's what our first amendment was all about...As long as it's not Christian, a state's funding of religion is 'ok'.

healthpellets
08-18-2010, 09:38 PM
So is the gov. going to allow state sponsored Islamic observations on government ground?

evidence please.

alanm
08-18-2010, 10:00 PM
Nothing spooky about dictatorial-minded liberals asking for investigations of their political enemies...

Why don't they just unveil their brown shirts and get it over with?Just photo shop a picture of her wearing a SS uniform or substitute Henrich Himmlers clothing.

MadMax
08-18-2010, 10:11 PM
She's like a freakin PI with all the awesome investigating she does. Goddamn forensic expert I tell ya... You go girl!!!!

MadMax
08-18-2010, 10:13 PM

NEVER!!! Too many morons in this country already :(

DaneMcCloud
08-18-2010, 10:13 PM
She's like a freakin PI with all the awesome investigating she does. Goddamn forensic expert I tell ya... You go girl!!!!

I think she's a fucking idiot but I doubt she'll be voted out of office anytime soon. The people in her district love her.

Hopefully though, she'll lose her job as Speaker after November. I know that's unlikely, but one can hope.

MadMax
08-18-2010, 10:22 PM
I think she's a ****ing idiot but I doubt she'll be voted out of office anytime soon. The people in her district love her.

Hopefully though, she'll lose her job as Speaker after November. I know that's unlikely, but one can hope.

I agree.. I just wish "her district" would go the fuck away. Sorry, that's my heartfelt feelings about the bitch and her constituents.

BigChiefFan
08-18-2010, 10:53 PM
It is NOT a MOSQUE, it's a community center and it's not like the Muslims haven't already been here PEACEFULLY, remember, the supposed terrorists are from Saudi Arabia, not the U.S.

DaneMcCloud
08-18-2010, 11:07 PM
I agree.. I just wish "her district" would go the fuck away. Sorry, that's my heartfelt feelings about the bitch and her constituents.

Her district is home to some of the most powerful and influential people in America.

It's not going away.

fan4ever
08-18-2010, 11:20 PM
Personally I love Pelosi; she is far and away my favorite Democrat and I wish she had a microphone up to her mouth every minute.

MadMax
08-18-2010, 11:39 PM
Her district is home to some of the most powerful and influential people in America.

It's not going away.

True.

Guru
08-18-2010, 11:44 PM

It's not going away.Where is Lex Luthor when you need him for some dastardly real estate plot.:evil:

Oucho Cinco
08-19-2010, 12:50 AM
It is NOT a MOSQUE, it's a community center and it's not like the Muslims haven't already been here PEACEFULLY, remember, the supposed terrorists are from Saudi Arabia, not the U.S.

You need to read their "bible". It is anything but a peaceful religion. They believe the whole book and not just the passages we are fed. Look at the book.

CoMoChief
08-19-2010, 04:09 AM

German-American blood relatives of Adolf Hitler want to open up a WWII-Nazi Germany muesum right smack dab in the middle of a jewish neighborhood.

Nope....no problem with this at all......they have the right to build the museum where ever they want to as long as it follows building codes/zone laws etc...

:rolleyes:

ForeverChiefs58
08-19-2010, 09:01 AM

are you dumb? If they pray there, it a freaking mosque! I have seen the plans. It is 15 stories, two below, 13 above with a mosque on the very top with a clear view of ground zero very visable from the 13th floor where all the muslims will praise allah for their victory. If they want it to be a true "community center" they would offer a church and synagogue or something else that would bring anyone other than just muslims to it. Better yet, they should put it in the ME where the radicals can come and be moderated.

Since the terrorists have come out and demanded it be built there, wouldn't it be better to go against what they want?
They want a place to rejoice over their victory and that is why muslims also flock to the other 9-11 crash sites to pray.

healthpellets
08-19-2010, 09:40 AM
You need to read YOUR "bible". It is anything but a peaceful religion. YOU believe the whole book and not just the passages we are fed. Look at the book.

fyp.

Velvet_Jones
08-19-2010, 10:21 AM

Or at least, that's what Patteau and his minions believe.

Damn, I jealous, I didn't realize that Patteau had minions.

Oh - and you have got to be the stupidest fucking person that I have ever encountered. "Hey I'm rich, I got all kinds of assets so I must be smart!" You are a dumb ass. Its funny watching you squirm.

Oucho Cinco
08-19-2010, 12:17 PM
fyp.

How can you fix something you don't understand?

healthpellets
08-19-2010, 01:09 PM
How can you fix something you don't understand?

Btw, I answered your questions about where those prohibitions are located in the bible, but maybe you missed that.

Chief Henry
08-19-2010, 02:08 PM
are you dumb? If they pray there, it a freaking mosque! I have seen the plans. It is 15 stories, two below, 13 above with a mosque on the very top with a clear view of ground zero very visable from the 13th floor where all the muslims will praise allah for their victory. If they want it to be a true "community center" they would offer a church and synagogue or something else that would bring anyone other than just muslims to it. Better yet, they should put it in the ME where the radicals can come and be moderated.

Since the terrorists have come out and demanded it be built there, wouldn't it be better to go against what they want?
They want a place to rejoice over their victory and that is why muslims also flock to the other 9-11 crash sites to pray.

The news media want us to believe its going to be a community center -RIGHT...I've got some swamp land I own in the middle of Az. I could sell to all of those Mosque loving libs.

The {group} building it, understands that we/MOST Americans would not allow a free standing mosque, so they try to disguise it as a community center. I wonder what type of "community orginizing" will take place in this commuinty building and who will be the "community organizers" doing the "community organizing" ?

Chief Henry
08-19-2010, 02:11 PM
Just who is Nancy talking about ? Has any member of the media asked her who she is talking about ?

healthpellets
08-19-2010, 02:16 PM
Just who is Nancy talking about ? Has any member of the media asked her who she is talking about ?

doesn't matter.

she's the same person that said Congress had to pass HRC so that the American people could see what's in it.

also the same person that when asked where in the Constitution congress was granted authority to enacted HRC said "what? are you serious? is that a serious question?"

ForeverChiefs58
08-19-2010, 02:49 PM
9/11 Families Respond to Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi

9/11 Families Respond to Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi

New York, NY, August, 18 — For the last four months, 9/11 families, first responders, survivors and concerned citizens have been asking where developers are getting funding for a $100-million dollar mosque and Islamic center planned for Ground Zero. The imam who is heading the project has refused to identify the source of the $5 million cash that was used to purchase the building, and told an Arab newspaper that he will get funding for the project from Arab and Muslim countries. Given the imam’s statements, that America was “an accessory to the crime” on 9/11, that “Osama Bin Laden was made in the U.S.A.” as well as his repeated refusal to condemn Hamas, we believe he has an obligation to come clean to the public on his financial sources. Our concern has been amplified by news that the imam’s worldwide “Shariah Index Project” is being funded by the Malaysian government, and that he is a principal figure in the Perdana Global Peace Project, the number one funder of the Gaza Flotilla, a violent attempt to break the Israeli blockade of Gaza.

Today we learn that instead of taking our concerns seriously, Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi suggested that the opponents of the Ground Zero mosque should be investigated. This comment is clearly intended to intimidate those of us who are speaking out to preserve the sanctity of Ground Zero, where more than 20,000 human remains have been recovered, 1,845 in the last five years. We can assure Ms. Pelosi that whatever funds we have spent to get our message out, they pale in comparison to the price we have personally paid since that day, and continue to pay as a result of the mosque project. The vast majority of the American people support us. They lived through September 11 with us, and they know, as we do, that this not a “local issue.” What happened on 9/11 affected all Americans.

Debra Burlingame
Tim Sumner
Co-founders, 9/11 Families for a Safe & Strong America

ForeverChiefs58
08-19-2010, 02:53 PM
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/2LG0KHcdofo?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/2LG0KHcdofo?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

DaneMcCloud
08-19-2010, 03:40 PM
Damn, I jealous, I didn't realize that Patteau had minions.

Apparently, you haven't looked in the mirror.

Oh - and you have got to be the stupidest fucking person that I have ever encountered. "Hey I'm rich, I got all kinds of assets so I must be smart!" You are a dumb ass. Its funny watching you squirm.

Squirm? Huh?

Secondly, Dipshit, you're the person who accused me of having nothing AND said that life will catch up with me. Now that you know my age and status, you're using THAT against me as well?

You're a real piece of work. Sorry about that inferiority complex.

Oucho Cinco
08-19-2010, 04:03 PM

Squirm? Huh?

Secondly, Dipshit, you're the person who accused me of having nothing AND said that life will catch up with me. Now that you know my age and status, you're using THAT against me as well?

Why are you spending so much time trying to defend yourself? Just shut the fuck up and move on.

DaneMcCloud
08-19-2010, 04:04 PM
Why are you spending so much time trying to defend yourself? Just shut the fuck up and move on.

Thanks for the advice, Tom.

It's nice of you to get involved in matters that are of no concern to you.

Velvet_Jones
08-19-2010, 10:57 PM

Squirm? Huh?

Damn. Just damn. You suck at current events. You were the one bragging about your considerable assets and were wanting me to compare balance sheets with you. What a tool. What were you drunk or something? Geeze.

And yes, I did tell you to go be fat and stupid somewhere else. Don't go away mad just go away. Stupid ass.

MadMax
08-19-2010, 11:12 PM

She can't be bothered with details, you lil peon. Or Bosnian, whatever I'm bein mean now time to go to bed lol

MadMax
08-19-2010, 11:19 PM
Call me racist if ya want, but I woulda let the Serbs slaughter all the worthless bastards.

DaneMcCloud
08-19-2010, 11:23 PM
Damn. Just damn. You suck at current events. You were the one bragging about your considerable assets and were wanting me to compare balance sheets with you. What a tool. What were you drunk or something? Geeze.

And yes, I did tell you to go be fat and stupid somewhere else. Don't go away mad just go away. Stupid ass.

You're not very good at the internets, are you? This "conversation" occurred on your home page, not in a forum.

It's amazing to me that you're in IT and can't figure this out, but whatever.

I'd advise you not to advertise that fact but in the long run, I could care less if you fall on your face or embarrass yourself.

Have at it, Chief.

MadMax
08-19-2010, 11:26 PM
Pelosi is a gleaming example of why our Congress is out of touch. She can't be replaced soon enough for my liking.

Sad thing is the batshit crazy leftwing retards that inhabit such a fine state will re-elect her :(

DaneMcCloud
08-19-2010, 11:28 PM
Sad thing is the batshit crazy leftwing retards that inhabit such a fine state will re-elect her :(

While sadly, I agree, please do not lump me in the same category as those people.

As I stated earlier, my ballot this November will consist of voting anyone that's currently in office, out.

And I'd never in a 100 million years vote for Jerry Brown. I have no idea whether or not Meg Whitman can be successful (Arnold certainly wasn't) but I'd never vote for that crazy-ass gasbag.

MadMax
08-19-2010, 11:30 PM

Yesterday is not soon enough :(

MadMax
08-19-2010, 11:38 PM
While sadly, I agree, please do not lump me in the same category as those people.

As I stated earlier, my ballot this November will consist of voting anyone that's currently in office, out.

And I'd never in a 100 million years vote for Jerry Brown. I have no idea whether or not Meg Whitman can be successful (Arnold certainly wasn't) but I'd never vote for that crazy-ass gasbag.

I always knew you were a sane man Dane. I will do the same, they have all proven to be out of touch with the people and need to seek other careers. I know it's not ALL of them but it is an overwhelming majority. It's hard to believe we have an absolute clown running the show. And no I don't lump all peeps like that :)

Oucho Cinco
08-20-2010, 07:18 AM
Thanks for the advice, Tom.

It's nice of you to get involved in matters that are of no concern to you.

Nice to see you still have that brown ring around your neck! ROFL

Velvet_Jones
08-20-2010, 10:48 AM

Where did I say forum you stupid ass?:spock:

Stay classy dickweed.

go bowe
08-20-2010, 02:25 PM

Or at least, that's what Patteau and his minions believe.patteau has minions?

Oucho Cinco
08-20-2010, 02:34 PM
patteau has minions?

Only because he plays dane like a royal minion. I don't think knows he's being punked.

HonestChieffan
08-20-2010, 02:36 PM
patteau has minions?

If he is that rich he should pay more taxes. I say screw pat and all his minions of bucks.

Oucho Cinco
08-20-2010, 08:03 PM
If he is that rich he should pay more taxes. I say screw pat and all his minions of bucks.

Pat isn't the one telling us all he is rich it's Dane McBluff that 's telling us he's "somebody".

The Mad Crapper
08-23-2010, 11:16 AM
http://www.moonbattery.com/pelosi-investigates.jpg