PDA

View Full Version : Food and Drink Kentucky Fried Lawsuit

gblowfish
08-18-2010, 01:50 PM
Kentucky Grilled Chicken Sucks ASS. The grill marks on the chicken is fake, it tastes like crap, they throw it out at the KFC stores, and overall chicken sales at KFC are down 6%. The franchisees are pissed at YUM Brands (the parent company) for downplaying "fried" chicken for the "healthier" stuff, which nobody wants to buy. So the franchisees are suing the parent company.

People want fried chicken. Its bad for you, sure. But it tastes so much better. After all, the "F" in "KFC" stands for "FRIED."

Story is here:

http://tinyurl.com/26aavfs

BWillie
08-18-2010, 03:23 PM
I don't think the grilled chicken tastes worse than fried chicken. I was pretty excited when they came out w/ a new healthier alternative. But I'm probably the only one again.

the Talking Can
08-18-2010, 03:31 PM
it does taste like shit....rubber shit pumped full of chemical 'juice'

BWillie
08-18-2010, 03:33 PM
it does taste like shit....rubber shit pumped full of chemical 'juice'

I love it

Bane
08-18-2010, 03:35 PM
Chicken is supposed to be fried mother****ers!:cuss:

Fish
08-18-2010, 03:40 PM
It won't matter.... once the Skinwich catches on across the country....

Mmmmmmm.... Skinwich....

KFC is testing a new sandwich: The Skinwich.
5 layers of fried chicken skin, lumped on a bun and topped with white american cheese and bacon.
It’s only available at a handful of KFCs (for now). One happened to be right near our office (http://www.prospectmagazine.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/17_goldmansachs_lgl.jpg), so I walked over.

http://img52.imageshack.us/img52/5813/kfcskinsandwich3946823.jpg

http://img822.imageshack.us/img822/1435/skinwich3933831.jpg

http://img834.imageshack.us/img834/2011/skinwichbreakdown395215.jpg

Verdict

Nasty. The richness of all that fatty seasoned skin is totally overwhelming. It’s also tongue-parchingly-salty.
I started to gag and got that “brushing the back of your tongue” feeling. Had to spit it out. In KFC’s defense, the sandwich was luke-warm after taking the pics. But I doubt it would be much better hot.
With this latest move and the Double Down (http://www.kfc.com/doubledown/)‘s success, KFC may be catching up to Hardees/BK in the “making sandwiches so nauseating they generate buzz” dept.
Other Skinwich test stores:

Ekaf, Maine – Colbert Blvd.
Tihsllub, Oklahoma – Corner of 3rd & Twain.
Eritas, California – Dense St.

http://www.brainresidue.com/taste-test-kfcs-new-skinwich/

DMAC
08-18-2010, 03:46 PM
ROFL The Skinwich?

That cant be real. A skin only sandwich... WTF was somebody thinking?

KCUnited
08-18-2010, 03:50 PM
The Skinwich sounds like a cock meat sandwich for the uncircumsized.

Bane
08-18-2010, 03:53 PM
The Skinwich sounds like a cock meat sandwich for the uncircumsized.

ROFL

gblowfish
08-18-2010, 03:58 PM
The KFC "Double Down" is pretty damn scary too.
http://www.bitrebels.com/geek/the-kfc-double-down-sandwich-is-this-for-real/

BWillie
08-18-2010, 04:01 PM

Never had it, but it looks like the manly sandwich ever. Whoever came up w/ this, I want to shake their hand.

InChiefsHell
08-18-2010, 04:09 PM
Skinwich...now I've seen it all...

Bwana
08-18-2010, 04:11 PM
KFC has some rank food. I wouldn't eat it on a bet.

Bane
08-18-2010, 04:11 PM
Skinwich...now I've seen it all...

Maybe next they can sop up all the grease in the bottom of the chicken dinner buckets and make..............The Greasewich!!!!!!ROFL

alpha_omega
08-18-2010, 04:14 PM
For the most part....KFC has sucked for a number of years now. Every now and then you get lucky, but usually....NOT.

KCUnited
08-18-2010, 04:15 PM
They need to quit fucking around and bring back them chicken littles.

Buck
That skinwich sandwich is gross.

I mean, buns made out of bread? They should just be chicken patty buns

Bane
KFC has some rank food. I wouldn't eat it on a bet.

I used to like their potato wedges,but I haven't eaten there in several years.

Buck
08-18-2010, 04:16 PM
P.S. Read the names of the cities backwards.

* Ekaf, Maine – Colbert Blvd.
* Tihsllub, Oklahoma – Corner of 3rd & Twain.
* Eritas, California – Dense St.

DMAC
08-18-2010, 04:19 PM
P.S. Read the names of the cities backwards.

* Ekaf, Maine Colbert Blvd.
* Tihsllub, Oklahoma Corner of 3rd & Twain.
* Eritas, California Dense St.Bad move on KFC's part to pick those cities to try the sandwich in.

R8RFAN
08-18-2010, 04:30 PM
I worked their when I was a kid.... fresh kfc chicken cooked in fresh oil was hard to beat they also have the best gravy and slaw for a chain

I think it is overpriced though for Chicken

Chiefs Rool
08-18-2010, 04:33 PM
Do you guys know why black people don't go to Church's around here?

because all we got is KFC

BigChiefFan
08-18-2010, 04:43 PM
Col. Sanders is probably rolling in his grave because of what the product has become.

Bob Dole
08-18-2010, 04:47 PM

The Double Down was AWESOME. Bob Dole would eat rice cakes for a week just to be able to "afford" those calories.

the Talking Can
08-18-2010, 04:48 PM
Do you guys know why black people don't go to Church's around here?

because all we got is KFC

jesus fuck my life christ

this place never fails to disappoint...

BigChiefFan
08-18-2010, 04:51 PM
This used to be good hangover food, back in the day. Now it's over-processed crud.

chiefzilla1501
08-18-2010, 04:51 PM
Just saying...
If chicken sales are down 6%, doesn't that imply that fried chicken sales are down a lot too? I don't know that the problem is KFC moving focus away from fried chicken. I imagine it has a lot more to do with more chicken tender chains like Zagsby's and popular chicken chains like Chick-Fil-A. When those chains grow, KFC's share shrinks.

DMAC
08-18-2010, 04:52 PM
Just saying...
If chicken sales are down 6%, doesn't that imply that fried chicken sales are down a lot too? I don't know that the problem is KFC moving focus away from fried chicken. I imagine it has a lot more to do with more chicken tender chains like Zagsby's and popular chicken chains like Chick-Fil-A. When those chains grow, KFC's share shrinks.

Chick-Fil-A needs to sell chicken on the bone.

Param
08-18-2010, 04:53 PM
They need to quit fucking around and bring back them chicken littles.

Man, those were so good. They should bring 'em back!

I rarely eat at a fast food chicken joint, but if I do it's either popeye's or chik-fil-a

BigChiefFan
08-18-2010, 04:54 PM
Eat at Strouds and you'll never eat fast food chicken again.

MOhillbilly
08-18-2010, 04:56 PM
i quit eating fast food over the summer. Havent eaten KFC in 2-3 years. I decided you can make better and more fried chicken at home for less money. Then when i wasnt happy with the nasty poultry you get from the butcher i purchased my own chickens.

Stewie
08-18-2010, 04:58 PM
Eat at Strouds and you'll never eat fast food chicken again.

Of course it's good. It's fried in shortening.

Bwana
08-18-2010, 05:09 PM
I worked their when I was a kid.... fresh kfc chicken cooked in fresh oil was hard to beat they also have the best gravy and slaw for a chain

I think it is overpriced though for Chicken

They did have damn good slaw at one time, but even that has taken a dive.

R8RFAN
08-18-2010, 05:23 PM

the secret to their slaw is it is made with miracle whip in some places like here instad of mayo

Bwana
08-18-2010, 05:25 PM
the secret to their slaw is it is made with miracle whip in some places like here instad of mayo

That must be why I liked it, I'm not a big fan of mayo.

R8RFAN
08-18-2010, 05:33 PM
That must be why I liked it, I'm not a big fan of mayo.

we made the stuff 50 lbs of cabbage at a time it had cabbage and a few real green outside leaves for color carrots, sugar vinegar, miracle whip and a very very small amount of onion.... only like 2 or 3 for a full 50 lb batch

this has been over 30 years ago so my memory is not as good

the way they make the extra crispy chicken is

they got the chicken wet in a milk and egg dip, floured it up then put it back in the milk and egg dip and flour it up again.

the secret recipe came pre packaged and you just dumped it into 50 lbs of flour..
we were told back then, one company owned half the recipe and another company owned the other half... how this recipe has been kept a secret all these years with the internet and all is beyond me...

Col Sanders worked out of the back of his car and sold the recipe for a commission of 5 cts per chicken

Bane
08-18-2010, 05:49 PM

Hell I can hardly find a place that makes slaw like I like it.You remember the old fashioned long cut slaw with purple cabbage? Had that sweet taste to it.Very few places make it the way I like it anyway.

Demonpenz
08-18-2010, 05:58 PM
popeyes chicken brings the pain train!

Bwana
08-18-2010, 06:00 PM
Hell I can hardly find a place that makes slaw like I like it.You remember the old fashioned long cut slaw with purple cabbage? Had that sweet taste to it.Very few places make it the way I like it anyway.

No kidding Bane. I love a good batch of slaw, but it's rare to find it out there. A guy has to knock it out himself, to have a shot at a decent batch.

SnakeXJones
08-18-2010, 06:03 PM
Mcdonalds grilled chicken is kinda gross i havent had kfcs grilled chicken but now do not want

FAX
08-18-2010, 06:05 PM
That kind of sounds like "German" slaw ... with the purple stuff, I mean ... is it more vinegary?

Personally, I prefer "Southern" slaw ... creamy dressing ... mayo-based. The kind that shows up at the Methodist's covered dish dinners along with that pink jello stuff with the pineapple chunks.

FAX

Bane
08-18-2010, 06:06 PM
No kidding Bane. I love a good batch of slaw, but it's rare to find it out there. A guy has to knock it out himself, to have a shot at a decent batch.

There's a lil family owned place close to us and they make it that way.Bad thing is the slaw is the best thing about the place.
Posted via Mobile Device

Chiefs Pantalones
08-18-2010, 06:19 PM
Chicken is supposed to be fried mother****ers!:cuss:

For fat asses. Grilled chicken all the way. But not at KFC. Yuck.

Bwana
08-18-2010, 06:20 PM
There's a lil family owned place close to us and they make it that way.Bad thing is the slaw is the best thing about the place.
Posted via Mobile Device

Q yourself up some ribs and stop by there and pick up some of their slaw. :D

Bane
08-18-2010, 06:26 PM
For fat asses. Grilled chicken all the way. But not at KFC. Yuck.

Fat asses eh?Lmao! Yeah that's it.
Posted via Mobile Device

Bane
08-18-2010, 06:27 PM
Q yourself up some ribs and stop by there and pick up some of their slaw. :D

I actually have the wife do just that sometimes when I'm grilln!
Posted via Mobile Device

MahiMike
08-18-2010, 07:38 PM
Actually I like the twister rollups and their green beans are good. That's my drive thru snack.

Psyko Tek
08-18-2010, 08:27 PM
Never had it, but it looks like the manly sandwich ever. Whoever came up w/ this, I want to shake their hand.

No, a manly sandwich world
be a filet mignon, wrapped in pastrami
and deep fried

Chiefs Rool
08-18-2010, 08:43 PM
No, a manly sandwich world
be a filet mignon, wrapped in pastrami
and deep fried

Why on earth would you do that to a filet mignon? A manly man would slap the shit out of someone for that.

Bwana
08-18-2010, 08:58 PM
Why on earth would you do that to a filet mignon? A manly man would slap the shit out of someone for that.

ROFL

Without question.

Spicy McHaggis
08-18-2010, 09:19 PM
This used to be good hangover food, back in the day. Now it's over-processed crud.

Chick-fil-A sandwich, waffle fries and Dr. Pepper = great hangover food. And the people at the restaurant are super polite and happy, which I find to be an enjoyable contrast to my alcohol induced suffering.

Simply Red
10-30-2010, 10:25 PM
I had the double-down, tonight, i enjoyed it. Couldn't find it's thread. The O.R. was really spicy/peppery good.

BryanBusby
10-30-2010, 10:36 PM
KFC is nasty anyhow. Churchs chicken is where it's at.

BigMeatballDave
10-30-2010, 10:38 PM
I've never had it. I really like KFC, but they are way overpriced, so I rarely go. If I'm craving chicken I usually get Chick-fil-a.

BigMeatballDave
10-30-2010, 10:41 PM
KFC is nasty anyhow. Churchs chicken is where it's at.I havent had Churchs in at least 2 decades. Popeyes was better, if memory serves.

BigMeatballDave
10-30-2010, 10:46 PM
The Skinwich sounds like a cock meat sandwich for the uncircumsized.LMAO

black angus
10-30-2010, 10:47 PM
I used to eat the KFC buffet. I wouldn't eat much chicken but their desserts. fruits, and salads were top shelf IMO.

BigMeatballDave
10-30-2010, 10:52 PM
Just saying...
If chicken sales are down 6%, doesn't that imply that fried chicken sales are down a lot too? I don't know that the problem is KFC moving focus away from fried chicken. I imagine it has a lot more to do with more chicken tender chains like Zagsby's and popular chicken chains like Chick-Fil-A. When those chains grow, KFC's share shrinks.Zaxby's?

Simply Red
10-30-2010, 11:01 PM
Zaxby's?

Bourbon Chicken Sammy FOR THE PUKE!!!!!!!!!!!

Simply Red
10-30-2010, 11:25 PM
KFC is nasty anyhow. Churchs chicken is where it's at.

Ehhhh, IDK, when they get their breading right, the original recipe is good and flavorful. I say KFC is pretty damned good, really.

googlegoogle
10-30-2010, 11:47 PM
Fried chicken is great. Their grilled = average and tasteless.

googlegoogle
10-31-2010, 01:51 AM
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/wJ4B7G8Rw3Q?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/wJ4B7G8Rw3Q?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Calcountry
10-31-2010, 04:15 AM
Just saying...
If chicken sales are down 6%, doesn't that imply that fried chicken sales are down a lot too? I don't know that the problem is KFC moving focus away from fried chicken. I imagine it has a lot more to do with more chicken tender chains like Zagsby's and popular chicken chains like Chick-Fil-A. When those chains grow, KFC's share shrinks.Maybe the economy sucks as a whole, and fools are eating out less? Just a thought.

Simply Red
10-31-2010, 09:31 AM
From a flavor stand point, A chickfila sammy can't hold an original recipe side-breast's jock strap. Let's not kid ourself.

Bwana
10-31-2010, 10:06 AM
I remember when they had GREAT tasting chicken, but thats been a long time ago. You couldn't pay me enough to eat the crap they try to pass off as so called chicken these days.

Simply Red
10-31-2010, 10:09 AM
I remember when they had GREAT tasting chicken, but thats been a long time ago. You couldn't pay me enough to eat the crap they try to pass off as so called chicken these days.

but but, the fried original is still good. :/