PDA

View Full Version : Life Grandpa

MOhillbilly
08-18-2010, 03:54 PM
Started workin for the spfld schools at 12, had 3 paper routes, told his mom and dad at 15 all they had to do was give him shelter and hed pay his own way. 14 years at the frisco loading fuel oil 24 hour shifts, 4year USN UDT, 29 years US med center, 20 years red cross.
Built his own house, helped raise 4 kids, and never once heard him complain.
They dont make em like this anymore. Big man, strong hands, soft heart.

From the pic this looks like the early 80s in Grandmas rose garden.

Hydrae
08-18-2010, 05:30 PM
They just don't seem to make them like that anymore.

I hope my grandkids are half as impressed with me as you are with your grandpa. At three, the first granddaughter sure does get excited to see me though and is absolutely the light of my life! One more on the way in October.

teedubya
08-18-2010, 06:07 PM
Is he looking for a job? If so, it's nice of you to plaster his resume around. I might work on the resume format though, its good to stand out.

FAX
08-18-2010, 06:14 PM
People sometimes forget that many of us Midwesterners are only a few generations apart from pioneer stock. There were some tough-ass people who lived hard and were still able to raise a family of exceptional worth and value.

FAX

MOhillbilly
08-19-2010, 12:07 PM
He died in 02. he seen a manchild that was turning into an animal and needed salvation. I seen a old man in his last days who needed to continue what he loved.
Brains & brawn.
Somewhere along the way he helped start the process of turning that monster into a man.

Its a beautiful story.

And it aint over.