PDA

View Full Version : Weather Workout Advice Requested

Direckshun
08-19-2010, 03:39 PM
I've been doing a few of these workouts for years and it didn't occur to me until I worked out with a friend today: I've likely been doing them wrong.

Please explain how to do the following exercises (rep to detailed answers with advice on posture and movement):

* Side bends -- I'm 100% certain I do this wrong.

* Tricep extensions with a single dumbbell being lifted behind your head -- I think my posture is poor here. What kind of posture do I want?

* Preacher arm curls -- I always have my arms about shoulder-width apart, is that proper?

Thanks in advance.

blaise
08-19-2010, 03:42 PM
You lift too much with your left. You should start doing more with the right. That's what's causing most of your problems.

Direckshun
08-19-2010, 03:44 PM
You lift too much with your left. You should start doing more with the right. That's what's causing most of your problems.

Ha!

I took that as a masturbation joke before I realize who posted that.

bevischief
08-19-2010, 04:02 PM
12oz curls you can't go wrong...
Posted via Mobile Device

Simply Red
08-19-2010, 04:05 PM
i have an amazingly lean body, I'll share my secret.

Guru
08-19-2010, 04:08 PM

LMAO:LOL:

Demonpenz
08-19-2010, 04:09 PM
depends on what part of the bicep you want to work.

Bwana
08-19-2010, 04:09 PM
Ha!

I took that as a masturbation joke before I realize who posted that.

Heh, I was going to point out that you likely get a lot of exercise rubbing one out to your "Barry poster" on a regular basis, but you may want to expand your routine.

Silock
08-19-2010, 04:10 PM
I've been doing a few of these workouts for years and it didn't occur to me until I worked out with a friend today: I've likely been doing them wrong.

Please explain how to do the following exercises (rep to detailed answers with advice on posture and movement):

* Side bends -- I'm 100% certain I do this wrong.

* Tricep extensions with a single dumbbell being lifted behind your head -- I think my posture is poor here. What kind of posture do I want?

* Preacher arm curls -- I always have my arms about shoulder-width apart, is that proper?

Thanks in advance.

Side bends - Why are you doing these anyway? What are you trying to accomplish? Anyway, keep your back straight, and dip to one side, sliding your arm down the side of your leg. Repeat for other side.

Tricep extension - Set your shoulder girdle (pinch your shoulder blades together, and stand up straight). Keep your tricep at 90 degrees, bending only the lower part of the arm.

Preacher curls - Yes.

Guru
08-19-2010, 04:21 PM
Seriously, just do P90x

bevischief
08-19-2010, 05:59 PM
What are you trying to do long term?

BWillie
08-19-2010, 06:04 PM
Don't be a pussy. Be a man and lift heavy. Weight pull ups, bench press, squats, deadlifts, rows, skullcrushers, overhead presses, weighted dips, etc. Unless you want to work your obliques I don't see much of a benefit (visibly) for side bends. I know alot of people do them but if you are worried about your abs you might as well just eat cleaner and better.