PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Lions still keeping on eye on Page

The Poz
08-20-2010, 10:00 AM
http://detnews.com/article/20100820/SPORTS0101/8200341/1004/If-Jarrad-Page-wants-out-of-Kansas-City--Lions-want-in

If Jarrad Page wants out of Kansas City, Lions want in
Chris McCosky / The Detroit News
FIRST DOWN
Don't think for a minute Detroit isn't keeping a keen eye on the situation in Kansas City with S Jarrad Page .
Page, 25, remains unsigned and has asked the Chiefs to trade him. The Lions, who have had interest in Page, would be willing to talk should the Chiefs decide to grant his wish.
The urgency for the Lions to push for that trade might be increasing, too, every day that starting FS Louis Delmas (groin) misses practice.
The Lions and Delmas both continue to be optimistic he'll be ready to start the regular season, but the injury has lingered since June and he still can't put two consecutive solid days of practice together.
It's encouraging that when he does practice, he seems to be moving well. Still, he said Thursday he still hasn't fully tested the groin. He hasn't completely turned himself loose.
He said he's saving that for the season-opener.

Detoxing
08-20-2010, 10:09 AM
And everyday they're looking, the price continues to go up. Pioli is getting the lube ready.

Sofa King
08-20-2010, 10:09 AM
Trade him for Calvin Johnson, and we'll even throw in a 5th to lock the trade in

/WPI posters

Bane
08-20-2010, 10:11 AM
Trade him for Calvin Johnson, and we'll even throw in a 5th to lock the trade in

/WPI posters
That would make Casshole a pro bowler /Casshole ballwashers
Posted via Mobile Device

Pestilence

/WPI posters

ROFL

I finally went and saw the thread where they wanted us to trade a bunch of players for Revis. Fucking comedy gold over there.

Ralphy Boy
And everyday they're looking, the price continues to go up. Pioli is getting the lube ready.

Delusional?

Fish
08-20-2010, 10:14 AM
Gunther is such a stupid sucker for his allegiance to past players. Not that Page doesn't have talent. But he could be a total bum and Gunther would welcome him back anyway...

Detoxing
08-20-2010, 10:14 AM
Delusional?

I guess you think Pioli is just holding on to Page for shits and grins? No. Page was, what, a 7th rounder? If we can get a 5th for him, then we would've raped the lions.

SNR
08-20-2010, 10:16 AM
I guess you think Pioli is just holding on to Page for shits and grins? No. Page was, what, a 7th rounder? If we can get a 5th for him, then we would've raped the lions.Not only was he a 7th rounder, but he's a 7th rounder who's not even going to see the field for us. Fuck him. Get a pick out of the deal.

Bane
08-20-2010, 10:18 AM
Not only was he a 7th rounder, but he's a 7th rounder who's not even going to see the field for us. Fuck him. Get a pick out of the deal.

Makes sense to me.
Posted via Mobile Device

Rausch
08-20-2010, 10:18 AM
Not only was he a 7th rounder, but he's a 7th rounder who's not even going to see the field for us. **** him. Get a pick out of the deal.

This.

CaliforniaChief
08-20-2010, 10:21 AM
Page has shown himself to be a decent safety in the league...definitely a good value pick for where we got him. I don't think a 5th is unreasonable for him.

WV
08-20-2010, 10:23 AM
I'd rather leave him rot on the bench than cave and give him what he wants. Let him see how much leverage he has after sitting out of football for a year, we have very little invested and IMO he has very little to complain about. If you want out, come in play your ass off and earn your way out on the field.

Chief Faithful
08-20-2010, 11:49 AM
Not only was he a 7th rounder, but he's a 7th rounder who's not even going to see the field for us. **** him. Get a pick out of the deal.

Make an example out of him for the rest of the team to witness. Then maybe some starter of meaning would think twice before pulling this crap on Pioli in the future.

Sofa King
08-20-2010, 12:03 PM
ROFL

I finally went and saw the thread where they wanted us to trade a bunch of players for Revis. ****ing comedy gold over there.

well god damnit... when i link to something... you had better go check it out... RIGHT THE FUCK THEN AND THERE!!!!

It was hilarious... people thinking Page + DJ and a couple crappy picks will net you anyone in the league...

Ralphy Boy
08-20-2010, 12:22 PM
I guess you think Pioli is just holding on to Page for shits and grins? No. Page was, what, a 7th rounder? If we can get a 5th for him, then we would've raped the lions.

Yes that is exactly what I think.

I think Pioli let another former KC starting safety walk for free last year, when we could have got a decent pick for him and that safety was at least in camp, participating and more valuable as trade bait. Pollard started every game in 2008 yet we let him walk for nothing before the season started in 2009. Page hasn't played in a game since week 5 of 2009, does he really have any value?

Red Brooklyn
08-20-2010, 12:52 PM
He has some kind of value if another team wants him.

A1DonkKiller
08-20-2010, 01:52 PM
Is Page on Gunther's wish list?

Hog Farmer
08-20-2010, 02:06 PM
Is Page counted as being on our roster ?

HoneyBadger
08-20-2010, 03:21 PM
Heh. Some other team actually desires our players. Were moving up in the league.

CrazyPhuD
08-20-2010, 03:37 PM
Is Page counted as being on our roster ?

nope...not until he signs his tender.

milkman
08-20-2010, 06:08 PM
Heh. Some other team actually desires our players. Were moving up in the league.

It's only Cunther Gunningham, and that dumbass doesn't know his head from his ass.

Chiefaholic
08-20-2010, 07:28 PM
nope...not until he signs his tender.

Yet the Chiefs have the right to hold onto him as long as the tender is on the table. The balls in our court, and we could use the proable 5th rounder on a center or guard in next years draft.

And Page better get his brothers head out of his ass. If there's a lockout next year, he'll go TWO years w/o a paycheck and his value to other teams will diminish.

teedubya
08-20-2010, 07:50 PM
Let Page Rot.

Fuck You...

ooo, oooo, oooo

SenselessChiefsFan
08-21-2010, 05:55 AM
and we could use the proable 5th rounder on a center or guard

Or, we could use it on another TE!

KCDC
08-23-2010, 02:40 PM
The Redskins starting safety is now out 4-6 weeks. The Cowboys lost a safety to injury. Add that to Detroit's woes. Now's the time for Pioli to try and get a 3rd or a 4th round draft pick for Page.

Chiefs Pantalones
08-23-2010, 05:00 PM
Does anyone know why the hell he's holding out? He's not good enough to hold out.

FAX
08-23-2010, 06:44 PM
Does anyone know why the hell he's holding out? He's not good enough to hold out.

I have a theory on this, Mr. Vanilla Thunder.

Page came into the league under Herm The Player's Coach. As a result, Page was accustomed to being told how awesome he was at every practice, getting lots of rest, and having sultry women shine his helmet every night with fresh towels and cleavage sweat.

Then, along comes Haley ... and there goes Page.

FAX

Chiefs Pantalones
08-23-2010, 06:48 PM
I have a theory on this, Mr. Vanilla Thunder.

Page came into the league under Herm The Player's Coach. As a result, Page was accustomed to being told how awesome he was at every practice, getting lots of rest, and having sultry women shine his helmet every night with fresh towels and cleavage sweat.

Then, along comes Haley ... and there goes Page.

FAX

You are absolutely right. You had me at cleavage sweat.

HoneyBadger
08-25-2010, 01:54 AM
You are absolutely right. You had me at cleavage sweat.

I think cleavage sweat is the only place a female should perspire. The glistening looks nice.

Pasta Giant Meatball
08-25-2010, 08:09 AM
He has some kind of value if another team wants him.

You are right. Last I heard Detroit was offering up a years supply of those cantina tacos for Pioli, Romeo, and Charlie. KC hasn't caved yet, but it's only a matter of time.

Rausch
08-25-2010, 12:08 PM
It's only ****her Gunningham, and that dumbass doesn't know his head from his ass.

It'd be great to rape another team for their draft picks, just once...

Frankie
08-25-2010, 12:27 PM
It'd be great to rape another team for their draft picks, just once...
This. Do you ever remember the Chiefs being the 'Rapist' instead of the 'Rapee' in a trade? I certainly don't. That has been very frustrating to me over the years.

LOCOChief
08-25-2010, 01:06 PM
Willie Roaf?

Omaha
08-25-2010, 01:24 PM
Make an example out of him for the rest of the team to witness. Then maybe some starter of meaning would think twice before pulling this crap on Pioli in the future.

Normally, I would suggest that trading him to Detroit would be making an example out of him, but they've added some decent talent in the last couple of years.