PDA

View Full Version : Obama For the well dressed ex-Obot...

HonestChieffan
08-20-2010, 01:48 PM
http://weaselzippers.us/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/flip-flops-550x355.jpg

blaise
08-20-2010, 01:50 PM
Is it an insult or a compliment to wear those?

HonestChieffan
08-20-2010, 01:53 PM
Is it an insult or a compliment to wear those?

its both Flip: Insult; Flop: compliment

The more you walk and listen the more confused you become.

fan4ever
08-20-2010, 01:56 PM
I've wondered if he gets any royalties off this stuff having seen his likeness over so much merchandise over the past few years...or does it fall into "public domain" since he's a public/political figure? He's making some real coin if so...assuming people are paying licensing fees which I'm sure many or not.

Bob Dole
08-20-2010, 03:15 PM
I've wondered if he gets any royalties off this stuff having seen his likeness over so much merchandise over the past few years...or does it fall into "public domain" since he's a public/political figure? He's making some real coin if so...assuming people are paying licensing fees which I'm sure many or not.

If Bob Dole recalls correctly, there is no Federal regulation, so the use of a public figure's likeness varies from state to state. Case law generally supports a "public affairs" use (parody, satire), but it is pretty fuzzy on commercial products.

The more a public figure's likeness is used however, the more it seems to be permitted. For example, Obama, who certainly had no problem at all having his likeness plastered all over everything he could while campaigning, can't suddenly turn around and decide he doesn't like it and force people to cease using it.

chiefsnorth
08-20-2010, 03:44 PM
Remember, Muslims consider being shown the bottom of someone's feet a great insult.

alnorth
08-20-2010, 06:37 PM
This is not a good product. I dont see who would buy this, it wont sell. It isn't obviously insulting enough for someone on the right to want to wear and step on his face all day, and it isn't obviously complimentary enough for someone on the left who might be leery of stepping on his face all day.

It is a silly gimmick designed to get a photo and some comments, but it has got to be a money-loser. I wouldn't stock it if I owned a business.

Psyko Tek
08-22-2010, 04:11 PM
does it have the pattern on the bottom?

when I was a kid I had shoes with the batsignal on the bottom.
you could walk in mud or puddles and leave the imprint

why can't "adults" get fun stuff anymore?

Oucho Cinco
08-23-2010, 07:58 AM
does it have the pattern on the bottom?

when I was a kid I had shoes with the batsignal on the bottom.
you could walk in mud or puddles and leave the imprint

why can't "adults" get fun stuff anymore?

Free market, make it, market it, get rich.