PDA

View Full Version : Life Sambuca

RedThat
08-20-2010, 05:37 PM
Ho-Leee-shit!

Just had a couple of shots, and Im woooooozeeeeee

*I'd reccommend these...teh can eff u up.

/Drink of choice thread I know:D just felt lazy opening it up

Bowser
08-20-2010, 05:39 PM
What IS a Sambuca, exactly? Inquiring minds, and all that....

MTG#10
08-20-2010, 05:40 PM
I had a shot of that for the first time last X-mas eve...it was terrible...

MTG#10
08-20-2010, 05:41 PM

Tastes like jaeger except nastier.

MTG#10
08-20-2010, 05:42 PM
Whoa...I just had a flashback to taking that shot and I got a chill down my back...weird

RedThat
08-20-2010, 05:43 PM

It's a great drink..It's an italian liquor. It has a licorice taste to it, and it's pretty strong. I'd say 40% alcohol content. It's pretty sweet too...Goes well with coffee. You can put it in your coffee first thingy in the morning

Bowser
08-20-2010, 05:45 PM
It's a great drink..It's an italian liquor. It has a licorice taste to it, and it's pretty strong. I'd say 40% alcohol content. It's pretty sweet too...Goes well with coffee. You can put it in your coffee first thingy in the morningYeah, I'll put that in my coffee when I feel like going right the hell back to bed so I can wake up with a hangover a couple of hours later.

If MTG is right about the Jaeger comparison, it's probably not for me, unless I do a Sambuca bomb.

ElGringo
08-20-2010, 05:45 PM
Hmmm...thanks for the heads up, like a good drunk when I visit some friends in the states, and this sounds GREAT (normally go with jaeger).

DaneMcCloud
08-20-2010, 05:46 PM
I had about 10 shots in 1993 in a bar in Montreal. Smokin' hot bartender with D cups was pouring me drinks with me lying on the bar. The next morning, I noticed my leather jacket had Sambucca stains all over it.

Oh well. She was worth it.

:D

Bearcat
08-20-2010, 05:47 PM

That's how I describe it. :Lin:

RedThat
08-20-2010, 05:48 PM
Yeah, I'll put that in my coffee when I feel like going right the hell back to bed so I can wake up with a hangover a couple of hours later.

If MTG is right about the Jaeger comparison, it's probably not for me, unless I do a Sambuca bomb.

If you want a good bomb, go with amaretto and southern comfort..It's a shot, called a sicilian kiss..pretty sweet in taste, not as strong as sambuca but it does the job. After a few of those you'll feel pretty good.

Bowser
08-20-2010, 05:48 PM
I had about 10 shots in 1993 in a bar in Montreal. Smokin' hot bartender with D cups was pouring me drinks with me lying on the bar. The next morning, I noticed my leather jacket had Sambucca stains all over it.

:D<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/zNEsI765jsk?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/zNEsI765jsk?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

vailpass
08-20-2010, 05:49 PM
Black Licorice FTW

Lonewolf Ed
08-20-2010, 05:50 PM
Jager is glorious! So is black licorice!

RedThat
08-20-2010, 05:51 PM

Ouch! 10 shots will f*ck you up. Ive had only 2 and Im woooo...But hey How was the girl?:D

RedThat
08-20-2010, 05:53 PM

Ah thats nothing...You know whats really nasty? Grappa...That sh*t will burn right through you

DaneMcCloud
08-20-2010, 05:55 PM
Ouch! 10 shots will f*ck you up. Ive had only 2 and Im woooo...But hey How was the girl?:D

Smokin' hot 25 year old French Canadian chick with blue eyes, long brown hair and D-cups. EXTREMELY hot.

She was going to visit me in L.A. but quite honestly, I couldn't understand a thing she said on the phone because her accent was so thick and after a few phonecalls, I blew it off.

Too many other hot chicks in Hollywood.

Bearcat
08-20-2010, 05:58 PM
Smokin' hot 25 year old French Canadian chick with blue eyes, long brown hair and D-cups. EXTREMELY hot.

She was going to visit me in L.A. but quite honestly, I couldn't understand a thing she said on the phone because her accent was so thick and after a few phonecalls, I blew it off.

Oh, http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ojOtxe0OgCxj1M:http://www.iacapuca.co.cc/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/fuuuuuuuu.jpg&t=1 you.

chasedude
08-20-2010, 06:00 PM
Have had it before, but don't like the taste of licorice. Good shot if you do though!

RedThat
08-20-2010, 06:06 PM

ahha communication issues..had those before.

hope you got something out of it though? because after you do, that stuff is through..I mean you live in hollywood, she lives in montreal...heck with communication lol

DaneMcCloud
08-20-2010, 06:07 PM
ahha communication issues..had those before.

hope you got something out of it though? because after you do, that stuff is through..I mean you live in hollywood, she lives in montreal...heck with communication lol

Yeah, I banged her in Montreal.

RedThat
08-20-2010, 06:10 PM
Yeah, I banged her in Montreal.

I hope it was one of those,

"hey! let's go for a smoked meat sandwich..and a"....you know;)

Gonzo
08-20-2010, 06:21 PM
Little known fact: it's Tony Soprano's drink of choice when doing shots.
As you were
Posted via Mobile Device

MTG#10
08-20-2010, 06:35 PM
Little known fact: it's Tony Soprano's drink of choice when doing shots.
As you were
Posted via Mobile Device

I didnt know that, but I know his favorite beer was Lowenbrau...

kaplin42
08-20-2010, 06:58 PM
Sambucca is delicious if you like black licorice. If not it can be some of the most haneous stuff on the planet.

Most times it's served in a heated (fill with water and nuke for about 20 seconds if you don't have a steamer available) brandy snifter with three coffee beans in it. Served this way, Sambucca make a delicious after dinner drink.

I like to drink it a different way.

Flaming Sambuca

You will need:

1. Small snifter glass
2. 2 oz Sambucca
3. Lighter
4. Straw

Instructions:

1. Pour Sambucca into snifter
2. Light on fire and wait about 5 - 10 seconds
3. Place palm of hand (thus why you need a smaller snifter) over the top of the glass. This will cause a vacuum to form between the glass and your hand. Because of the vacuum, you can just raise your hand and shake the glass a little bit to make sure the fire is out. The whole time the glass will stick to your hand as long as you don't break the seal. This is a neat party trick btw.
4. Drink the Sambucca in one shot, all the way gone
5. As you pull the glass from your mouth, cover the top of the glass with your palm again. You will feel a slight pressure in the glass.
6. Slip the straw in the glass while keeping your palm covering it.
7. Take a hit out of the straw. Be warned though, you are taking alcohol fumes to the lungs, and it will have a little kick to it.
8. Move to the couch and proceed to melt into it.

BigOlChiefsfan
08-20-2010, 07:13 PM
I like Sambucca - but then I like most of the licorice/fennel seed/anise drinks. The taste of the Mediterranean. I always keep a bottle of Sambucca around here, some Jaeger, some Herbsaint (for Sazeracs), some Pernod and usually some anisette but it looks like I'm all out of Anisette. Eh, I probably can squeak by til tomorrow without it.
Bottom line on this stuff - if, like me you kinda like Vicks formula 44, welcome to the club. If V44 makes you gag, just keep walking boss.

Bwana
08-20-2010, 07:18 PM
It's a great drink..It's an italian liquor. It has a licorice taste to it, and it's pretty strong. I'd say 40% alcohol content. It's pretty sweet too...Goes well with coffee. You can put it in your coffee first thingy in the morning

You had two shots of 40% alcohol and you're tuned up, damn.

Bwana
08-20-2010, 07:20 PM

Heh, DD's, are you sure it was Sambucca on that jacket? :eek:

bevischief
08-20-2010, 07:30 PM
You had two shots of 40% alcohol and you're tuned up, damn.

Clean pipes...

DaneMcCloud
08-20-2010, 07:44 PM
Heh, DD's, are you sure it was Sambucca on that jacket? :eek:

LMAO

CHENZ A!
08-21-2010, 02:21 AM
Sambucca is delicious

brandy snifter with three coffee beans in it. Served this way, Sambucca make a delicious after dinner drink.

THIS! Bucca is a sipper! damn good shit too. Christmas parties w a open bar I'm all over it, educate every broad in the room. 3 coffee beans, health, happiness, and prosperity

Slainte
08-22-2010, 04:44 AM
Absinthe w/o the thujone. Lame...

|Zach|
08-22-2010, 05:28 AM
I couldn't find anyone that ever liked the stuff in all of my bartending days. It is the only liquor I can remember that had that distinction. The smell of it repulsed me.