PDA

View Full Version : Poop ****The Official Pre-Official Chiefs vs Bucs game thread****

Pages : 1 2 3 [4]

milkman
08-21-2010, 09:04 PM
No I think you're right. Didn't Kordell have like a 90 yarder in the late 90s after that if I remember correctly?

I thought somone like him, Vick or Young had broken the record, but a quick google search showed a number of sights that had Bono's run as the record.

DeezNutz
08-21-2010, 09:05 PM
Pioli: "We're going to be a screen team."

Coach
08-21-2010, 09:08 PM
Won't be able to until Monday.

And I asked in another thread - was this a case of actual improvement, or a case of playing a lessor opponent and giving the appearance of improvement?

Could be a combination of both.

milkman
08-21-2010, 09:08 PM
Okay, further research shows that Stewart had an 80 yard TD run against Carolina in '96 for the record.

DeezNutz
08-21-2010, 09:11 PM
Our offensive line played well. Cassel threw a bunch of low-risk passes and completed them, which is about what we should reasonably expect. Defensive line was better.

All of this prefaced by the fact that I think Tampa Bay is a joke.

Thus, I refer to my "marginal" progress post from earlier today.

petegz28
08-21-2010, 09:11 PM
Pioli: "We're going to be a screen team."

Well, that is not a bad thing if we are and can execute it. We tore shit up with Vermeil with screens.

petegz28
08-21-2010, 09:12 PM
Our offensive line played well. Cassel threw a bunch of low-risk passes and completed them, which is about what we should reasonably expect. Defensive line was better.

Weigman started at C. Did you notice Niswanger was out with the 2's? I think that had a lot to do with the better o-line play.

DeezNutz
08-21-2010, 09:14 PM
Weigman started at C. Did you notice Niswanger was out with the 2's? I think that had a lot to do with the better o-line play.

Could be...could be...Bucs D-line isn't exactly formidable, too. We definitely need better center play. No question.

I did notice Tyson Jackson running with 2s and 3s and doing jack shit.

pr_capone
08-21-2010, 09:15 PM
Quentin Lawrence is easily one of the 5 most worthless returning players.

T. Jackson, I. Ndukwe, D. Morgan, and J. O'Connell round off my list.

Honorable Mention - L. Long, G. Dorsey, R. Niswanger, B. Croyle

Al Bundy
08-21-2010, 09:19 PM
I don't know that we were evenly matched. They had a big play on a missed tackle and 3 pts that came off a fumble recovery. I think if it were out 1's against their 1's the whole game we win by a good margin. Our defense really was dominating their team and our offense was moving the ball.

Everything even, no way. Freeman was injured, and if he is in healthy the entire game it is even steven.

ArrowheadMagic
08-21-2010, 09:20 PM

And I asked in another thread - was this a case of actual improvement, or a case of playing a lessor opponent and giving the appearance of improvement?

Good question. They are young on the DL, they got pushed. Eagles will be the test. TB has a decent offense. Real potential provided Freeman develops. The pace the 1st O had tonight was much better. Obviously Charles needs to be more involved, but IMO offense was more crisp. More mid range 5 to 15 yd routes, protection better against a mix of vanilla/blitz d. Cassel is what he is, game manager that had some WTF moments, but thats expected. Level of intensity was definitely higher. Glimpses of a playoff team, lapses of a team that will be lucky to win 6 games.

ArrowheadMagic
08-21-2010, 09:27 PM

Yeah, franchise type QB with a young offense, rebuilding a defense. So now having a young QB and rebuilding is a joke? If you were a fan of that team you'd be excited.

Seriously, was there anything the Chiefs did better this game? Worse? you watched. Outside of the slop that is the 2nd half of preseason.

TrickyNicky
08-21-2010, 10:04 PM
Even though it was against scrubs, Asamoah was puttin em down in that second half.

dirk digler
08-21-2010, 10:08 PM

Probably a little bit of both. The most noticeable thing to me was they looked quite a bit fresher, quicker and sharper than the week before.

Sweet Daddy Hate
08-22-2010, 02:49 AM
We lose?