PDA

View Full Version : Football Vincent Jackson to the Seahawks.... Soon

Hog Farmer
08-20-2010, 08:06 PM
I'd say this is good news for the Chiefs. We are at a great time in this division with the Chargers having inept management, the Donks having inept coaching and well we only have an inept set of linemen.

Seahawks | Allowed to talk to Vincent Jackson about contract
Comment (0)
Fri, 20 Aug 2010 14:52:37 -0400

The Seattle Seahawks have been granted written permission to discuss contract terms with San Diego Chargers restricted free-agent WR Vincent Jackson, reports Jason Cole, of Yahoo! Sports. Two sources say the Chargers are committed to trading Jackson because they do not expect him to report at all this season. There has been no significant progress at this point.

LaChapelle
08-20-2010, 08:08 PM
The bad part
I have a feeling Carrol can be bent over a barrel with ease

chiefzilla1501
08-20-2010, 08:10 PM
I'd say this is good news for the Chiefs. We are at a great time in this division with the Chargers having inept management, the Donks having inept coaching and well we only have an inept set of linemen.

Seahawks | Allowed to talk to Vincent Jackson about contract
Comment (0)
Fri, 20 Aug 2010 14:52:37 -0400

The Seattle Seahawks have been granted written permission to discuss contract terms with San Diego Chargers restricted free-agent WR Vincent Jackson, reports Jason Cole, of Yahoo! Sports. Two sources say the Chargers are committed to trading Jackson because they do not expect him to report at all this season. There has been no significant progress at this point.

Sure, why not. Now that Carroll can't recruit scumbags illegally, might as well go after scumbags legally.

milkman
08-20-2010, 08:12 PM
Sure, why not. Now that Carroll can't recruit scumbags illegally, might as well go after scumbags legally.

I'm sorry?
What?

DA_T_84
Hmmm.... i dont think they'll get a first.... but he's definitely first round talent.... hmmmm

Buck
The Chargers got the 40th pick overall from the Seahawks for Charlie Whitehurst, I wonder what the Seahawks will give up for VJ.

milkman
08-20-2010, 08:14 PM
At the end of the day, I don't think it makes a damn bit of difference.

Rivers looked pretty damn good whoever he was throwing to in their first preseason game.

He's one of those guys who raises the level of play around him.

DA_T_84
08-20-2010, 08:14 PM

1. It's not illegal to recruit scumbags in college.
2. It's always been legal to go after scumbags.
3. I suppose he could still recruit scumbags illegally, but it would only be illegal if he was recruiting them for illegal activity, not football.

Your post = fart noise.

DeezNutz
08-20-2010, 08:15 PM

Rivers looked pretty damn good whoever he was throwing to in their first preseason game.

"one of those guys"? What does this mean? As a KC fan, I have no idea what you're talking about. Guard? TE? LT?

KCrockaholic
08-20-2010, 08:15 PM
The Chargers got the 40th pick overall from the Seahawks for Charlie Whitehurst, I wonder what the Seahawks will give up for VJ.

Welp. You can welcome A.J. Green or Julio Jones to the Chargers in 2011.

milkman
08-20-2010, 08:17 PM
"one of those guys"? What does this mean? As a KC fan, I have no idea what you're talking about. Guard? TE? LT?

LT, obviously.

Haven't you been paying attention to true fan?

chiefzilla1501
08-20-2010, 08:17 PM
1. It's not illegal to recruit scumbags in college.
2. It's always been legal to go after scumbags.
3. I suppose he could still recruit scumbags illegally, but it would only be illegal if he was recruiting them for illegal activity, not football.

Your post = fart noise.

Dude, just being tongue-in-cheek. And to point #1, are you serious? Carroll didn't break any laws, so it wasn't illegal, but he broke a ton of rules.

Just venting. He shouldn't be allowed to coach... college or pro.

notorious
08-20-2010, 08:20 PM

Cassel raises the level of play......for the defensive players facing him.

Gadzooks
08-20-2010, 08:32 PM
The best player the Seahawks have is Whitehurst.
I can't see the cHargers trading VJ for him, although, if that happened the cHargers would have 4 QBs better than Cassel.:p

Coogs
08-20-2010, 08:33 PM

WTF! I could have sworn I read somewhere here on the Planet where we were going to kick the Bolts ass on the 13th of September. Bolts are going to be short handed, and stand no chance against our revitalized Chiefs... who are fresh off of a convencing victory over the Broncos in Denver to close out last season. :shrug:

Ugly Duck
08-20-2010, 08:34 PM
The bad part
I have a feeling Carrol can be bent over a barrel with ease

I'd rather he stayed in Sandy Eggo dragging his feet like a little whiny baby than see the Dolts rack up a series of draft picks in trade.

Hog Farmer
08-20-2010, 08:34 PM
Even if they get a #1 there's a good chance it will be a bust. Vincent Jackson is no bust . So the way I see it. Go get em Carrol.

milkman
08-20-2010, 08:36 PM
The best player the Seahawks have is Whitehurst.
I can't see the cHargers trading VJ for him, although, if that happened the cHargers would have 4 QBs better than Cassel.:p

I get the joke.

Unfortunately the joke is on us, cause that is probably true.

KC Tattoo
08-20-2010, 09:00 PM

:huh: Didn't they draft Ryan Leaf? Wasn't he a collosal failure? Why in the world would they draft another first round QB for there franchise hopes? How is he not a failure like Ryan Leaf? I'm a Chiefs fan and don't understand why teams draft QBs when theres failures like Ryan Leaf? Yet the team that had Ryan Leaf still drafted a QB? And your telling me Rivers is actually good? No ****ing way!

Thank God we havn't drafted a first round QB since that Todd Blackledge and we get proven / backupQBs to be our franchise hopes. I remember 1993 when we won a play off game/that wa s great!. True Chiefs fan.

DaneMcCloud
08-20-2010, 09:06 PM
Even if they get a #1 there's a good chance it will be a bust. Vincent Jackson is no bust . So the way I see it. Go get em Carrol.

I hope you're joking.

If San Diego dumps Jackson for picks, then uses those picks to move up and grab Julio Jones or Green, I'll be bummed.

The Chargers just keep reloading and one of these days, they're going to hit the jackpot.

Gonzo
08-20-2010, 09:08 PM

Yep, it's just a shame he can't kick.
Posted via Mobile Device

notorious
08-20-2010, 09:10 PM
Yep, it's just a shame he can't kick.
Posted via Mobile Device

ROFL

1995, oh .......wait. :(

Deberg_1990
08-20-2010, 09:12 PM

You mean he doesnt need 5 Hall of famers on the O-line??

notorious
08-20-2010, 09:14 PM
You mean he doesnt need 5 Hall of famers on the O-line??

No, that's why he hasn't won the Superbowl yet/Truefan

Von Dumbass
08-20-2010, 09:24 PM
This will be a huge blow to the Chargers. Their Super Bowl window has officially closed for the next few years.

Marcellus
08-20-2010, 09:27 PM
No, that's why he hasn't won the Superbowl yet/Truefan

He hasn't won a SB because he is a whiney ass bitch and karma is a mofo.

milkman
08-20-2010, 09:28 PM

There is no such thing as karma.

Gadzooks
08-20-2010, 09:35 PM

I have yet to see how he's "whiney". Is it cause he cussed out that bitch Cutler on national TV? (I thought you guys would like that).
I have to admit... LT was whiney and I was embarrassed by his actions after the NE playoff loss and his hissy fit on Rivers, on the side lines during the playoff game they ended up winning, (Thanks to Rivers).
I guess he's "whiney" because he kicks the Chiefs ass all the time...

DaneMcCloud
08-20-2010, 09:36 PM

Okay...

You want people to respect your football takes, but then you post bullshit like this?

LMAO

Good luck. Karma is a mofo.

LMAO

Brianfo
08-20-2010, 09:40 PM

This!!

Marcellus
08-20-2010, 09:46 PM
Okay...

You want people to respect your football takes, but then you post bullshit like this?

LMAO

Good luck. Karma is a mofo.

LMAO

I tell you what I just googles Phillip Rivers and whiny and there are a TON of comments from people saying the same thing.
Is it a perception issue? Maybe. Does it really have anything to do with him not making a SB? Probably not but the fact is a lot of people think he is whiny. Pouty was another common word.
Don't act like this is the first time you have heard him called whiny or a little bitch.

Marcellus
08-20-2010, 09:50 PM
http://boards.ign.com/football/b5105/185144231/p1/

Good stuff here.

Hydrae
08-20-2010, 09:52 PM
:huh: Didn't they draft Ryan Leaf? Wasn't he a collosal failure? Why in the world would they draft another first round QB for there franchise hopes? How is he not a failure like Ryan Leaf? I'm a Chiefs fan and don't understand why teams draft QBs when theres failures like Ryan Leaf? Yet the team that had Ryan Leaf still drafted a QB? And your telling me Rivers is actually good? No ****ing way!

Thank God we havn't drafted a first round QB since that Todd Blackledge and we get proven / backupQBs to be our franchise hopes. I remember 1993 when we won a play off game/that wa s great!. True Chiefs fan.

Damnit Carl! :cuss:

DaneMcCloud
08-20-2010, 09:52 PM
I tell you what I just googles Phillip Rivers and whiny and there are a TON of comments from people saying the same thing.
Is it a perception issue? Maybe. Does it really have anything to do with him not making a SB? Probably not but the fact is a lot of people think he is whiny. Pouty was another common word.
Don't act like this is the first time you have heard him called whiny or a little bitch.

The reason the Chargers haven't made the Super Bowl was because in 2006, Rivers had a serious knee injury and couldn't play to his normal level in the AFC Championiship game. LT didn't help him out, either.

In 2008, the Chargers would have been in the Super Bowl if AJ Smith would have dumped LT and kept Michael Turner. Instead, he did the opposite and Turner lead the league in rushing.

I really don't give a fuck if someone is "whiny" or "bitchy". All I care about is if they perform on the field, which is something Rivers has done with excellent results since taking over the franchise in 2006 with the departure of Drew Brees.

Elvis Grbac could have been the dipshit, mouth-breathing, doe-eyed dumbfuck he was any day of the week for years on end, IF he had won a Super Bowl or had HALF the career that Rivers has enjoyed.

The bottom line is that I don't give a fuck what someone's like in the huddle.

Win or go home.

Bane
08-20-2010, 09:58 PM
This will be a huge blow to the Chargers. Their Super Bowl window has officially closed for the next few years.
Yeah like the Donkfukks are going to the SB anytime in the next 8-10 years!
Posted via Mobile Device

Marcellus
08-20-2010, 10:00 PM
I don't disagree about Grbac or win or go home but there are certain players that are hard to root for and Rivers is one of them.

Like him all you want. I don't like him. If he were a Chief and winning games I could tolerate him but he is not a very likable player.
I am not saying I want a team of players that are all media darling fan friendly losers.
I like good players who don't come off as little bitches.
Rivers is a Charger and not a Chief and he is a whiny bitch. I don't want the star player of the Chiefs to be a whiny bitch. There is nothing wrong with that.
Root for him if you like.

Gadzooks
08-20-2010, 10:04 PM
I don't disagree about Grbac or win or go home but there are certain players that are hard to root for and Rivers is one of them.

Like him all you want. I don't like him. If he were a Chief and winning games I could tolerate him but he is not a very likable player.
I am not saying I want a team of players that are all media darling fan friendly losers.
I like good players who don't come off as little bitches.
Rivers is a Charger and not a Chief and he is a whiny bitch. I don't want the star player of the Chiefs to be a whiny bitch. There is nothing wrong with that.
Root for him if you like.

Please, at least give one example of this "whiney bitch" theory.

Marcellus
08-20-2010, 10:07 PM
Please, at least give one example of this "whiney bitch" theory.

Google Phillip Rivers is whiny. Plenty of discussion on the matter.

If you like him good for you.

Edit: Just to show I am not the lone shooter on this.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=11127022596

Gadzooks
08-20-2010, 10:12 PM

I did that. It seems as though a bunch of irrational losers, whose favorite team lost to the Chargers, posted that he's "whiney". I guess you're one of those guys.

Marcellus
08-20-2010, 10:14 PM
I did that. It seems as though a bunch of irrational losers, whose favorite team lost to the Chargers, posted that he's "whiney". I guess you're one of those guys.

Some of it is just sour grapes for sure. But not all of it. Also the same word is used commonly that's not a coincidence.

He has that rep. Just like Cutler.

DaneMcCloud
08-20-2010, 10:22 PM

Edit: Just to show I am not the lone shooter on this.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=11127022596

Facebook for proof?

LMAO

Go to San Diego for a weekend. Ask around. See if anyone down there feels that Rivers is a "whiny bitch".

Seriously, you need to stop because you're embarrassing yourself.

Or don't.

DeezNutz
08-20-2010, 10:24 PM
If Rivers played for the Chiefs, fans would love him. Reminds me of how many "hated" Elway.

Gadzooks
08-20-2010, 10:24 PM
The fact that he's mouthy on the field doesn't make him a "Whiner" in my books.
At least he doesn't sexually assault girls in Georgia nightclubs, (as far as I know).

Chiefs Pantalones
08-20-2010, 10:25 PM
I have a feeling we're gonna get rocked on MNF.

I hope we play above our heads and get the win because I don't wanna get embarrassed on MNF.

Marcellus
08-20-2010, 10:30 PM
Facebook for proof?

LMAO

Go to San Diego for a weekend. Ask around. See if anyone down there feels that Rivers is a "whiny bitch".

Seriously, you need to stop because you're embarrassing yourself.

Or don't.

If you don't think he has the rep of being whiny you are just either not in touch with the non SD NFL fan base or fooling yourself.

The Facebook thing was just something that popped up on the google search and it was funny.

I have heard Cassel called all kinds of names from whiny to bitch here and Googled that to see what came up and not shit.

Rivers has that rep and you can deny it if you want but that doesn't change reality.

We can agree to disagree.

Marcellus
08-20-2010, 10:32 PM
The fact that he's mouthy on the field doesn't make him a "Whiner" in my books.
At least he doesn't sexually assault girls in Georgia nightclubs, (as far as I know).

He is what he is and he is a pretty good QB, I just don't care for him and a lot of people feel that way.

Hog Farmer
08-20-2010, 10:33 PM
I have a feeling we're gonna get rocked on MNF.

I hope we play above our heads and get the win because I don't wanna get embarrassed on MNF.

I have a feeling you're wrong. This league is getting ready to find out what McCluster and Arenas and Berry are all about. I'm telling you and everybody else, our lines suck, but we don't need no stinkin line , they'd just slow down our playmakers.

Marcellus
08-20-2010, 10:33 PM
If Rivers played for the Chiefs, fans would love him. Reminds me of how many "hated" Elway.

He is closer to Jim Kelley than Elway.

The Bad Guy
08-20-2010, 10:34 PM
I hope you're joking.

If San Diego dumps Jackson for picks, then uses those picks to move up and grab Julio Jones or Green, I'll be bummed.

The Chargers just keep reloading and one of these days, they're going to hit the jackpot.

I don't really see how they keep reloading.

This is the first year they've had to re-tool. They've traded Cromartie, let go of LT, have a tackle holding out, cut Jamaal Williams.

I'm of the belief that A.J. Smith has a Carl Peterson sized ego and he's becoming the GM equivalent of Marty Schottenheimer.

Jackson is a talented player who really improved their offense. Malcolm Floyd and Legawho Nene aren't going to scare any defense to be honest. Rivers is awesome, I agree. Gates is awesome. Matthews has an injury history, but can be good.

There's tons of questions surrounding the Chargers' roster for the first time in forever. Trading Vincent Jackson might be a good move for them, but I'm happy to see him go from this division because he's a great player.

Chiefs Pantalones
08-20-2010, 10:34 PM
I have a feeling you're wrong. This league is getting ready to find out what McCluster and Arenas and Berry are all about. I'm telling you and everybody else, our lines suck, but we don't need no stinkin line , they'd just slow down our playmakers.

4, counting Charles, against 11. That's how you win games lol.:)

The Bad Guy
08-20-2010, 10:35 PM
I'd absolutely love Phillip Rivers on this team.

Gadzooks
08-20-2010, 10:35 PM
I can't deny it. That's his rep but it's based on bull shit.
Funny how the "whiney" fans of other teams call him "whiney", Marcellus...

Marcellus
08-20-2010, 10:36 PM
I can't deny it. That's his rep but it's based on bull shit.
Funny how the "whiney" fans of other teams call him "whiney", Marcellus...

It is what it is. If he sucked I doubt as many people would care.

As I said I just don't like him. We have had our ass handed to us by Breese when he was with SD and I always respected him. Hell I have more respect for Stan Humphries than I do Rivers.

Buck
08-20-2010, 10:37 PM
Here is the typical thread on CP that has to do with the Chargers

-OP states something
-Buck comes in and leaves an intelligent comment or two about the matter
-A few people start discussing the matter
-Someone brings up how Rivers is a whiny bitch
-KnowShit comes in and claims the Broncos will go to the Super Bowl and the Chargers are done forever
-Gadzooks defends the Chargers to no avail
-Someone talks shit about Kaeding
-The smarter Chiefs fans come in and tell the ones who talked shit about Rivers that their opinion is wrong
-Buck comes back an hour later and is amused

DeezNutz
08-20-2010, 10:38 PM
He is closer to Jim Kelley than Elway.

Not the point. I was alluding only to fan perception of a player's character.

Marcellus
08-20-2010, 10:39 PM
Not the point. I was alluding only to fan perception of a player's character.

I think Kelley was thought of as a bit of a whiney ass as well.

DaneMcCloud
08-20-2010, 10:39 PM
I don't really see how they keep reloading.

This is the first year they've had to re-tool. They've traded Cromartie, let go of LT, have a tackle holding out, cut Jamaal Williams.

I'm of the belief that A.J. Smith has a Carl Peterson sized ego and he's becoming the GM equivalent of Marty Schottenheimer.

Jackson is a talented player who really improved their offense. Malcolm Floyd and Legawho Nene aren't going to scare any defense to be honest. Rivers is awesome, I agree. Gates is awesome. Matthews has an injury history, but can be good.

There's tons of questions surrounding the Chargers' roster for the first time in forever. Trading Vincent Jackson might be a good move for them, but I'm happy to see him go from this division because he's a great player.

They keep adding talent through the draft and their win-loss record has rarely dropped off since AJ Smith has been in charge.

I don't think he's perfect and I've mentioned the Turner/LT thing in the past, as well as Drew Brees. But for whatever reason, they continue to plug guys in and win. They haven't won the whole thing, but, they've been close. If Matthews stays healthy, this is a scary team in 2010, easily in the top four of the AFC.

For as much negativity as Norv Turner gathers around here, his teams continue to make the playoffs and in many years, win.

That's called being competitive.

DeezNutz
08-20-2010, 10:40 PM
I think Kelley was thought of as a bit of a whiney ass as well.

Really? Huh. Been too long, apparently, because I'm not remembering that. Not saying you're wrong.

Marcellus
08-20-2010, 10:40 PM
Here is the typical thread on CP that has to do with the Chargers

-OP states something
-Buck comes in and leaves an intelligent comment or two about the matter
-A few people start discussing the matter
-Someone brings up how Rivers is a whiny bitch
-KnowShit comes in and claims the Broncos will go to the Super Bowl and the Chargers are done forever
-Gadzooks defends the Chargers to no avail
-Someone talks shit about Kaeding
-The smarter Chiefs fans come in and tell the ones who talked shit about Rivers that their opinion is wrong
-Buck comes back an hour later and is amused

I was waiting on you to show up. :)

Though this kind of confirms my point that that is his rep.

DaneMcCloud
08-20-2010, 10:41 PM

Um, you missed Buck's point.

DaneMcCloud
08-20-2010, 10:42 PM
Really? Huh. Been too long, apparently, because I'm not remembering that. Not saying you're wrong.

I've never once heard that about Jim Kelly.

Not in the USFL or NFL.

Buck
08-20-2010, 10:43 PM

You totally missed my point.

Why do you think Rivers is whiny?

Can you point me to one specific occasion in which he whined? Or is it just because the internet says he is whiny?

Gadzooks
08-20-2010, 10:44 PM

I would respond to your post but it would be to no avail.

Marcellus
08-20-2010, 10:45 PM
Um, you missed Buck's point.

No you are missing the point, it always gets brought up. That's not a coincidence. That's his rep.

Buck
08-20-2010, 10:46 PM

P.S. that was nothing against you, but I used to be the same way here and realized it doesn't matter, so I stopped worrying about it. I get mad every once in a while now, but not that often.

Marcellus
08-20-2010, 10:46 PM

See my response to Dane.

Hog Farmer
08-20-2010, 10:47 PM
Norv Turner will NEVER take a team to the Superbowl. You could give him a year with a team made up of 53 probowlers and he'd still fail.

Marcellus
08-20-2010, 10:47 PM
P.S. that was nothing against you, but I used to be the same way here and realized it doesn't matter, so I stopped worrying about it. I get mad every once in a while now, but not that often.

Look I understand you guys love Rivers. I understand had we drafted him I may like him.

We didn't draft him, he has the rep, therefore I don't have to like him.

That's all I am saying.

Buck
08-20-2010, 10:49 PM
No you are missing the point, it always gets brought up. That's not a coincidence. That's his rep.

Look I understand you guys love Rivers. I understand had we drafted him I may like him.

We didn't draft him, he has the rep, therefore I don't have to like him.

That's all I am saying.

I don't care if you hate him, please do. Why do you say he is whiny though?

Hog Farmer
08-20-2010, 10:51 PM

Because he sucks !

I wish he were a Chief though.

Gadzooks
08-20-2010, 10:51 PM

Not in the USFL or NFL.

Jim Kelly always reminded me of Hulk Hogan. You know, he was balding and getting the crap beat out of him in those SBs. I always expected him to start breathing heavily and make a comeback Hogan style.
It never happened.
Four times.
BTW - I hated Hogan (Preferred Rowdy Roddy).
Now that he's retired I like him alot more than I did then. He's kinda a sad case though.

Marcellus
08-20-2010, 10:53 PM

You have seen him talk shit and act like a classless fool or stand on the sidelines making dumb ass faces like he just got screwed when they are losing.

The rep didn't appear out of thin air Buck. You think it's all just made up?

It's his demeanor and you know what I am talking about.

DeezNutz
08-20-2010, 10:54 PM

Not in the USFL or NFL.

Yeah, my recollection is that some dumbasses accused him of not being a "winner" because of the SB failings.

And while it's true that not having a ring affects his legacy, the dude was special.

Buck
08-20-2010, 10:56 PM
You have seen him talk shit and act like a classless fool or stand on the sidelines making dumb ass faces like he just got screwed when they are losing.

The only thing I know is that during the playoff game with the Colts a few years ago he was jawing back and forth with the Fans, saying "I'll be back" when they were yelling he sucked as he walked into the Locker Room after suffering an injury.

Thats not really whining.

Also I go to nearly every home game, some away games, and I'm not really paying attention to his sideline demeanor when I'm watching from home. I get so hyped up during games that I literally have to focus on breathing in between plays.

Mecca
Rivers rep is entirely based out of people hating him because he's good and he isn't quiet.

The minute someone is good and is very vocal constantly they go into that whole area where people will look for reasons to not like them unless they are on their team.

If Phillip Rivers was on the Chiefs everyone would be sucking his dick around here.

DaneMcCloud

More nonsense from Marcellus.

Gadzooks
08-20-2010, 10:57 PM

You're obviously not familiar to the demeanor of a winner.
BTW - I love how you substantiate your opinions with facts.

the Talking Can
08-20-2010, 10:57 PM
i'd trade the entire chiefs roster for Rivers

Buck
08-20-2010, 10:58 PM
Also during any Chargers game I watch, my hands and face go numb and my hands sweat a lot. Only during Chargers games. Its an unhealthy obsession.

Mecca
08-20-2010, 10:58 PM

And if he was on your team doing this you'd think he was awesome.

Rivers is hated by non Charger fans because of his demeanor he wants to win more than anyone else out there, he has fire, he's a leader who his teammates respect.

I'm sure what some butthurt people on the internet think of him really bothers him.

DeezNutz
08-20-2010, 11:00 PM
i'd trade the entire chiefs roster for Rivers

And we'd still have to pony up a #1.

DaneMcCloud
08-20-2010, 11:01 PM
And we'd still have to pony up a #1.

Nice move

Mecca
08-20-2010, 11:03 PM
Maybe we can get a thread about how Peyton Manning is a bitch too, or hell how every good QB is a bitch.

chiefzilla1501
Rivers rep is entirely based out of people hating him because he's good and he isn't quiet.

The minute someone is good and is very vocal constantly they go into that whole area where people will look for reasons to not like them unless they are on their team.

If Phillip Rivers was on the Chiefs everyone would be sucking his dick around here.

Give me a break. I don't like Phillip Rivers because I think he's a trash-talking piece of shit and classless even when he wins. That has nothing to do with the team that he's on. I've always like LT, Gates... lots of players on the Chargers.

But would I take him as my QB? Every day of the week.

Marcellus
And if he was on your team doing this you'd think he was awesome.

Rivers is hated by non Charger fans because of his demeanor he wants to win more than anyone else out there, he has fire, he's a leader who his teammates respect.

I'm sure what some butthurt people on the internet think of him really bothers him.

I have already stated had we drafted him I may like him. As stated we didn't and I don't like him and I don't like his pouty attitude.

I have respect for opposing QB's. As stated I respected Brees when he was in SD I respected Stan Humphries.

It has nothing to do with him beating the Chiefs or being good. I just don't like him. I am not alone in this opinion. Think what you want.

the Talking Can
08-20-2010, 11:05 PM
Give me a break. I don't like Phillip Rivers because I think he's a trash-talking piece of shit and classless even when he wins. That has nothing to do with the team that he's on. I've always like LT, Gates... lots of players on the Chargers.

Rivers is 'classless' but you like LT?

wtf...

Marcellus
08-20-2010, 11:06 PM
Maybe we can get a thread about how Peyton Manning is a bitch too, or hell how every good QB is a bitch.

Alot of people have stated that very thing about Manning. I do not feel that way.

Gadzooks
08-20-2010, 11:06 PM
Matt Cassel's a whiney bitch! You know, the way he looks at people and does stuff.
Youwant proof? Check google. He's a whiney bitch!

DBOSHO
08-20-2010, 11:07 PM
as much as i hate phillip rivers, hes a really good quarterback. i wouldnt love him on the chiefs, but i wouldnt be opposed to it. even though hes a cocky bastard, he knows how to win.

im still puzzled as to how he can throw a football without moving his arm.

Marcellus
08-20-2010, 11:07 PM

I agree but I would have a hard time cheering for a player I can't stand. If we started winning then................I would have to adjust.

the Talking Can
08-20-2010, 11:09 PM
i would trade our entire roster and our fanbase for Rivers....

Marcellus
Matt Cassel's a whiney bitch! You know, the way he looks at people and does stuff.
Youwant proof? Check google. He's a whiney bitch!

Actually I did google it to see if it was a common theme. Nothing really.

He isn't good enough to create hate except amongst Chiefs fans.:p

DeezNutz
Yeah, that adjustment period would be about........8 minutes, if that.

Marcellus
08-20-2010, 11:10 PM
Yeah, that adjustment period would be about........8 minutes, if that.

8 wins.

Gadzooks
08-20-2010, 11:10 PM
as much as i hate phillip rivers, hes a really good quarterback. i wouldnt love him on the chiefs, but i wouldnt be opposed to it. even though hes a cocky bastard, he knows how to win.

im still puzzled as to how he can throw a football without moving his arm.

He does look like he has baby arms when he's slinging it.

the Talking Can
08-20-2010, 11:12 PM
i would trade our entire roster and our fanbase, our coaching staff, and Clark Hunt for Rivers...and that whiny bitch Whitlock too

Marcellus
08-20-2010, 11:12 PM
i would trade our entire roster and our fanbase, our coaching staff, and Clark Hunt for Rivers...and that whiny bitch Whitlock too

And the defense would still suck.

DBOSHO
08-20-2010, 11:13 PM
id take

tom
peyton
drew
ben
and maybe rogers over rivers.

im most likely forgetting someone

jimmy

the Talking Can
08-20-2010, 11:14 PM
And the defense would still suck.

you're right...better to skip the QB position and fix the important things like nickle CB....

in fact, we shouldn't even draft a QB until we have a top 10 defense in the year 2854

Marcellus
08-20-2010, 11:15 PM
you're right...better to skip the QB position and fix the important things like nickle CB....

in fact, we shouldn't even draft a QB until we have a top 10 defense in the year 2854

That's not what I meant.

the Talking Can
08-20-2010, 11:15 PM
20+ years of failure and this fanbase still doesn't understand that QB is the most important position in a franchise....and nothing else comes close....

Gadzooks
08-20-2010, 11:16 PM
Brees sucked sooooo bad the year before they drafted Rivers. Then that asshole had to turn out to be good.
Fuck him!
Keeping LT instead of Turner on the other hand... I didn't get that move at all.

Gadzooks
08-20-2010, 11:17 PM

Just to keep the conversation going:
Here is my drunken half assed opinion on 1st round QBs.
There's a way higher ratio of Ryan Leafs to Payton Mannings in the 1st round.
Any QB needs the following:
- a great GM
- an excellent offensive game plan
- an adequate surrounding cast
- an adequate D
Comparing Joe Montana and Steve Young proves this point.
Montana won his championships with all of the required criteria.
Young won his championship with all of the required criteria, (although they cheated the cap).
Young couldn't do shit in TB where he had none of the required criteria. Montana couldn't do it for the Chiefs without a couple of pieces of the above criteria
The following list of "losers" who had nothing to work with:
1990 Andre Ware
1991 Dan McGwire
1991 Todd Marinovich
1992 David Klingler
1993 Rick Mirer
1994 Heath Shuler
1997 Jim Drunkenmiller
1998 Ryan ****
1999 Akili Smith
1999 Tim Couch
1999 Cade McNown
2002 David Carr
2002 Joey Harrington
2004 J.P. Losman
2005 Alex Smith
etc, etc, etc…

I know I'm missing a lot more "1st round busts", but if you put these guys on that champion 49er team Montana was with, (with same the great GM, offensive system, etc...), would they still win the SB? My guess is the majority would, (with the exception of Ryan ****, of course).
Cassel looked like a stud QB subbing for Brady in an environment with all of the needed criteria but he's in KC now and the criteria's not quite there.
He may not survive to see all the pieces put in place.

Marcellus
08-20-2010, 11:18 PM
20+ years of failure and this fanbase still doesn't understand that QB is the most important position in a franchise....and nothing else comes close....

I dont think that is the issue. The problem is you have to have a top 3 QB or you better have a well rounded team.

There aren't that many get on my back and let me carry you QB's so you better build a team.

P. Manning, Brady, and Brees, then who else can get away with having a mid level defense and still win a SB?

DBOSHO
08-20-2010, 11:21 PM
i just hope matts deep ball improves so i can throw something other than a slant on madden

'Hamas' Jenkins
08-20-2010, 11:33 PM
You shouldn't trade away a player with the raw talents of Vincent Jackson, I don't care how good Rivers is.

He's young, healthy, and he's a tremendous physical mismatch.

Back up the Brinks truck to the motherfucker and get it over with.

Gadzooks
08-20-2010, 11:34 PM
You shouldn't trade away a player with the raw talents of Vincent Jackson, I don't care how good Rivers is.

He's young, healthy, and he's a tremendous physical mismatch.

Back up the Brinks truck to the mother****er and get it over with.

Are you his agent?

Mecca
08-20-2010, 11:37 PM
Wait so some people don't like Rivers because he acts like a bit of a dick on the field?

Are we back to the nice guy complex?

Gadzooks
08-20-2010, 11:40 PM
Anybody who beats your team can't be a nice guy. If he was, he'd let you walk all over him.

'Hamas' Jenkins
08-20-2010, 11:41 PM
i would trade our entire roster and our fanbase for Rivers....

I'd trade our fanbase for a Steel Reserve.

-King-
08-20-2010, 11:41 PM
id take

tom
peyton
drew
ben
and maybe rogers over rivers.

im most likely forgetting someone

jimmy

I would NOT take Ben over Rivers.
Posted via Mobile Device

Buck
08-20-2010, 11:42 PM
I'd trade our fanbase for a Steel Reserve.

ROFL

Mecca
08-20-2010, 11:42 PM
Anybody who beats your team can't be a nice guy. If he was, he'd let you walk all over him.

Lots of fans have nice guy complexes where god forbid a player not be a super nice guy. I really think there are fans that think the players on the TV are their buddies so god forbid they don't act nice all the time.

Mecca
08-20-2010, 11:43 PM
I think it's pretty easily arguable that Aaron Rodgers and Phillip Rivers have moved into the top 5.

DBOSHO
08-20-2010, 11:44 PM
I would NOT take Ben over Rivers.
Posted via Mobile Device

ben is a better winner IMO. hes had a better defense than rivers but has made plays with less talent than rivers.

'Hamas' Jenkins
08-20-2010, 11:44 PM
I dont think that is the issue. The problem is you have to have a top 3 QB or you better have a well rounded team.

There aren't that many get on my back and let me carry you QB's so you better build a team.

P. Manning, Brady, and Brees, then who else can get away with having a mid level defense and still win a SB?

Meh, there are about 8 QBs in the league who can win a SB with a decent or better defense.

Meanwhile, there is about 1 defense every 5-10 years that can win a SB without a QB.

'Hamas' Jenkins
08-20-2010, 11:45 PM
ROFL

As my best man once put it, "Steel Reserve is the only beer I've ever had that can be ice cold and still go down warm."

Buck
08-20-2010, 11:50 PM
As my best man once put it, "Steel Reserve is the only beer I've ever had that can be ice cold and still go down warm."

I once tried to drink a beer bong consisting of a tall boy of Steel Reserve and another one of Icehouse. Needless to say, I puked less than 30 seconds after drinking it....Oh to be 18 again.

chiefzilla1501
Lots of fans have nice guy complexes where god forbid a player not be a super nice guy. I really think there are fans that think the players on the TV are their buddies so god forbid they don't act nice all the time.

Oh give me a fucking break.

There are a lot of mean football players. I hate a lot of them because they're good or play for a rival. There are a handful of players that I hate because they're douche bags. Phillip Rivers is one of them.

Gadzooks
there is about 1 defense every 5-10 years that can win a SB without a QB.

I think it's more often that a D can win a SB.
Baltimore Ravens
New York Giants
Pittsburgh Steelers (twice)
4 in the past 10 years.

KCrockaholic
08-20-2010, 11:51 PM
I think it's pretty easily arguable that Aaron Rodgers and Phillip Rivers have moved into the top 5.

Easily. Especially Rodgers. He might be the best QB in the NFL right now. If his O-line is half decent this year, there's a good chance that he breaks some Green Bay records.

Rivers is probably just in the top 5.

FWIW my top 5 QB's today stand as

1. Drew Brees

2. Aaron Rodgers

3. Tom Brady

4. Peyton Manning

5. Philip Rivers

Flacco and Romo are on the bubble, but Romo is largely a product of having incredible talent around him. Flacco is going to breakout this year.

Oh and Brett Favre. Of course.

KCrockaholic
Baltimore Ravens
New York Giants
4 in the past 10 years.

Big Ben has turned out to be a very good QB especially in the last Superbowl. You can't count Pittsburgh.

Mecca
Why's he a douchebag?

For the same reason that people think Chad Ochocinco is a douchebag?

Mecca
08-20-2010, 11:52 PM
Easily. Especially Rodgers. He might be the best QB in the NFL right now. If his O-line is half decent this year, there's a good chance that he breaks some Green Bay records.

1. Drew Brees

2. Aaron Rodgers

3. Tom Brady

4. Peyton Manning

5. Philip Rivers

Flacco and Romo are on the bubble, but Romo is largely a product of having incredible talent around him. Flacco is going to breakout this year.

I don't remotely put Flacco that high, I don't even think I'd have him top 10.

'Hamas' Jenkins
08-20-2010, 11:54 PM
Baltimore Ravens
New York Giants
4 in the past 10 years.

Two of those four had QBs lead them the length of the field with 2 minutes left to win the SB.

One of those did it when his team gave up almost 400 yards through the air.

chiefzilla1501
08-20-2010, 11:54 PM

1. Drew Brees

2. Aaron Rodgers

3. Tom Brady

4. Peyton Manning

5. Philip Rivers

Hmm... With all due respect, can't agree with those rankings at all. There's no way Rodgers is even remotely close to Peyton Manning. Yet. Rodgers is a good QB, but he still holds on to the ball too long and takes way too many sacks.

For as much shit as he gets, Romo belongs in the top 5. Flacco isn't on the bubble, but I could easily see him having a big year (but he still has to prove he can do anything in the playoffs).

KCrockaholic
08-20-2010, 11:55 PM
I don't remotely put Flacco that high, I don't even think I'd have him top 10.

Now that he has talent, I think he will breakout, big time. JMO though. I could be wrong. I actually like Matt Ryan a lot more, but something seems to be missing in Atlanta's offense. I'm just not exactly sure what it is.

KCrockaholic
08-20-2010, 11:56 PM
Hmm... With all due respect, can't agree with those rankings at all. There's no way Rodgers is even remotely close to Peyton Manning. Yet. Rodgers is a good QB, but he still holds on to the ball too long and takes way too many sacks.

For as much shit as he gets, Romo belongs in the top 5. Flacco isn't on the bubble, but I could easily see him having a big year (but he still has to prove he can do anything in the playoffs).

I hate Peyton Manning with a passion, so I always grade him lower than most people....I know, my bias towards him is a flaw. You watch this year, Rodgers is going to kill defenses.

Gadzooks
08-20-2010, 11:57 PM
Big Ben has turned out to be a very good QB especially in the last Superbowl. You can't count Pittsburgh.

Oh yeah, It was Ben. Not the Defense.:rolleyes:
The D won the fuckin' game both times! pure and fuckin simple.
Ben made a cool pass to Holmes in the endzone once. Otherwise, he played as well as Dilfer and that's not a knock on Dilfer. He managed the game.<-(big period)

Mecca
08-20-2010, 11:59 PM
Watch Rodgers for 5 minutes, the guy is like Steve Young from the right side, He's mobile yet doesn't run unless he has to, throws downfield yet rarely throws picks. He's ungodly accurate..you could argue he played behind a worse line than the Chiefs put out there and his numbers were stellar.

Hell the dude played several games with a guard playing LT.

KCrockaholic
08-20-2010, 11:59 PM
Oh yeah, It was Ben. Not the Defense.:rolleyes:
The D won the ****in' game both times! pure and ****in simple.
Ben made a cool pass to Holmes in the endzone once. Otherwise, he played as well as Dilfer and that's not a knock on Dilfer. He managed the game.<-(big period)

Yeah, I don't think so. The Pittsburgh D gave up a near game losing TD to Fitzgerald in the 4th Quarter. Ben drove them back downfield and made a great play with Holmes.

You can't put the Steelers in that list.

Gadzooks
08-21-2010, 12:00 AM
Yeah, I don't think so. The Pittsburgh D gave up a near game losing TD to Fitzgerald in the 4th Quarter. Ben drove them back downfield and made a great play with Holmes.

You can't put the Steelers in that list.

I can and I will.

chiefzilla1501
08-21-2010, 12:00 AM
Why's he a douchebag?

For the same reason that people think Chad Ochocinco is a douchebag?

What do you want me to say? I don't like him. A lot of people don't like him. He talks a lot of shit, he talks shit to fans, he talks shit to losing teams. He rubs me the wrong way. And no, I don't have a problem with Ochocinco.

Why is it so difficult for you to understand that maybe some people don't like certain people?

KCrockaholic
08-21-2010, 12:01 AM
I can and I will.

Go for it. You just look dumb doing it. As long as that doesn't bother you, then thumbs up to ya.

chiefzilla1501
08-21-2010, 12:02 AM
Watch Rodgers for 5 minutes, the guy is like Steve Young from the right side, He's mobile yet doesn't run unless he has to, throws downfield yet rarely throws picks. He's ungodly accurate..you could argue he played behind a worse line than the Chiefs put out there and his numbers were stellar.

Hell the dude played several games with a guard playing LT.

The Packers have a bad offensive line.

But in their defense, Rodgers takes a lot more sacks than he should. He definitely holds onto the ball too long. Like Big Ben, it's something he can get away with. But unlike Big Ben, I wonder if he'll have the body to hold up to it if he doesn't change his habits soon.

Gadzooks
08-21-2010, 12:02 AM
What do you want me to say? I don't like him. A lot of people don't like him. He talks a lot of shit, he talks shit to fans, he talks shit to losing teams. He rubs me the wrong way. And no, I don't have a problem with Ochocinco.

Why is it so difficult for you to understand that maybe some people don't like certain people?

How do you feel about the Welsh. Do they "rub you the wrong way"?

KCrockaholic
08-21-2010, 12:03 AM
The Packers have a bad offensive line.

But in their defense, Rodgers takes a lot more sacks than he should. He definitely holds onto the ball too long. Like Big Ben, it's something he can get away with. But unlike Big Ben, I wonder if he'll have the body to hold up to it if he doesn't change his habits soon.

Dude. Rodgers is not Brodie Croyle. Did you notice the difference in Green Bay's O-line during the second half of the season when they started using more max protect?

chiefzilla1501
08-21-2010, 12:04 AM
How do you feel about the Welsh. Do they "rub you the wrong way"?

I once dated a welsh girl who used to rub me the right way.

Gadzooks
08-21-2010, 12:05 AM
Go for it. You just look dumb doing it. As long as that doesn't bother you, then thumbs up to ya.

What makes you think they were an offensive power house.
That INT return for a TD knocked the piss out of the Cards. Without that they looooose.

Gadzooks
08-21-2010, 12:07 AM
I once dated a welsh girl who used to rub me the right way.

What if I told you Rivers was Welsh?

chiefzilla1501
08-21-2010, 12:08 AM
Dude. Rodgers is not Brodie Croyle. Did you notice the difference in Green Bay's O-line during the second half of the season when they started using more max protect?

When did I say Rodgers is Brodie Croyle? I'm saying most QBs can't take 50+ sacks a year consistently. Even 30+ is a ton to take.

He's got to learn to get rid of the ball faster. No matter how bad his offensive line is, there were a ton of sacks and hurries he took last year because he didn't get rid of the ball nearly as quickly as he should have.

chiefzilla1501
08-21-2010, 12:09 AM
What if I told you Rivers was Welsh?

I wonder if he has a sister

KCrockaholic
08-21-2010, 12:11 AM
What makes you think they were an offensive power house.
That INT return for a TD knocked the piss out of the Cards. Without that they looooose.

They weren't a power house. I didn't say they were. I'm talking about the play of Ben in 2008. He is not in the same class as Dilfer. That season was not all about Pittsburgh's defense. Especially not that Superbowl. I suppose you could argue SB XL. That was Ben's second year, and he wasn't bad, but he wasn't great either. Still better than Dilfer though.

chiefzilla1501
08-21-2010, 12:13 AM
They weren't a power house. I didn't say they were. I'm talking about the play of Ben in 2008. He is not in the same class as Dilfer. That season was not all about Pittsburgh's defense. Especially not that Superbowl. I suppose you could argue SB XL. That was Ben's second year, and he wasn't bad, but he wasn't great either. Still better than Dilfer though.

Big Ben is a lot like Brady--they both started their careers out largely as game managers, playing dink and dunk behind a great defense (in Big Ben's case, a great running game). As they matured in their career, they both started to become THE offense for their teams. Both are top 5 for sure.

KCrockaholic
08-21-2010, 12:14 AM
When did I say Rodgers is Brodie Croyle? I'm saying most QBs can't take 50+ sacks a year consistently. Even 30+ is a ton to take.

He's got to learn to get rid of the ball faster. No matter how bad his offensive line is, there were a ton of sacks and hurries he took last year because he didn't get rid of the ball nearly as quickly as he should have.

Maybe if he had gotten rid of the ball quicker it would have been a forced throw and he would have had more turnovers. I know it's better to take a sack than force a throw and turn the ball over. That could have happened a lot. Either way the guy finished with a 103.2 QB rating behind that offensive line. Only 7 INT's. I'll take that everyday over Peyton. Plus Rodgers can run. He gained all of his yards lost from sacks, back in rushing. Over 300 yards.

chiefzilla1501
08-21-2010, 12:19 AM
Maybe if he had gotten rid of the ball quicker it would have been a forced throw and he would have had more turnovers. I know it's better to take a sack than force a throw and turn the ball over. That could have happened a lot. Either way the guy finished with a 103.2 QB rating behind that offensive line. Only 7 INT's. I'll take that everyday over Peyton. Plus Rodgers can run. He gained all of his yards lost from sacks back in rushing. Over 300 yards.

Dude, I know he's a hell of a QB. Like I said, Big Ben is the same way--that dude holds on to the ball WAY too long, but I wouldn't ask Big Ben to change his game. But Big Ben is also a huge dude. Rodgers isn't small by any stretch, but he's not as big as Big Ben. If Rodgers continues to get sacked 30+ times and, worse, gets sacked 50 times... you have to be a little worried about the guy staying healthy. That's a LOT of hits for a QB to take. Peyton and Brady never get injured because they get rid of the ball so quickly, they take about 10-15 sacks a year.

KCrockaholic
08-21-2010, 12:29 AM
Dude, I know he's a hell of a QB. Like I said, Big Ben is the same way--that dude holds on to the ball WAY too long, but I wouldn't ask Big Ben to change his game. But Big Ben is also a huge dude. Rodgers isn't small by any stretch, but he's not as big as Big Ben. If Rodgers continues to get sacked 30+ times and, worse, gets sacked 50 times... you have to be a little worried about the guy staying healthy. That's a LOT of hits for a QB to take. Peyton and Brady never get injured because they get rid of the ball so quickly, they take about 10-15 sacks a year.

Elway sure did play a long time and he's about the same size as Rodgers. I think it has more to do with the type of player, and the mentality. Some guys can take 40 sacks a year, and still play into their 30's at a high level. And I don't ever remember Brady only being sacked 15 or less times. His line has never been that good.

Mecca
08-21-2010, 12:29 AM
Well Green Bay's line is/was pretty bad, they made some moves to address it this year. If it does improve you're looking at Rodgers throwing up MVP numbers.

KC Tattoo
08-21-2010, 12:37 AM

First round draft picks... :doh!: Why do teams bother drafting QBs they could have drafted Ryan Leaf. Weird. Just as long as Chiefs don't we don't want to draft another Todd Blackledge again never. NEVER DRAFT a QB for our future hopes and dreams... /True Chiefs Fans

KCrockaholic
08-21-2010, 12:38 AM
Well Green Bay's line is/was pretty bad, they made some moves to address it this year. If it does improve you're looking at Rodgers throwing up MVP numbers.

In all honesty Favre or Brees or Rodgers should have won MVP last year IMO. Peyton just really didn't do that well last year. I'll take the guys that don't turn the ball over all the time over a guy that throws 16 picks.

KC Tattoo
08-21-2010, 12:41 AM
Elway sure did play a long time and he's about the same size as Rodgers. I think it has more to do with the type of player, and the mentality. Some guys can take 40 sacks a year, and still play into their 30's at a high level. And I don't ever remember Brady only being sacked 15 or less times. His line has never been that good.

#58 DT sacked Elfway more than any other QB in the history of NFL. o:-)

KCrockaholic
08-21-2010, 12:43 AM
#58 DT sacked Elfway more than any other QB in the history of NFL. o:-)

Yep yep.

That went a long ways towards Elways record as the most sacked QB in NFL history.

Mecca
08-21-2010, 12:51 AM
Favre probably deserved MVP last year.

chiefzilla1501
08-21-2010, 12:52 AM

That's because I'm a moron. I was going off memory. You're right, Brady typically takes about 20-25 sacks per year.

I'm not saying it's a guarantee that Rodgers will get hurt. I'm just saying that his playing style makes him a ton more likely to get smacked around. His o-line isn't good, but he also takes a lot of "coverage sacks." Whereas guys like Brady and Brees and Manning have lightning quick releases, Rodgers' style is to hold on and escape pressure to buy time if he needs to. It works well for him. But if we're talking injury risk, I still think that if Rodgers doesn't make strides at getting rid of the ball faster, he becomes one. I don't think it's the same thing as Elway--I think it's totally different when a QB decides to become a runner and when a QB takes a sack.

KC Tattoo
08-21-2010, 12:53 AM
Yep yep.

That went a long ways towards Elways record as the most sacked QB in NFL history.

COOL:thumb: That's my favorite play, Elway getting sacked!!!! LOVE IT. I miss those days...Elway getting sacked HaHahahahahhaha Hahaahhahha best thing ever!!!! I can watch that in replay over and over again.

Gadzooks
08-21-2010, 12:59 AM

Ben was shit in SB XL and slightly better than Dilfer in XLIII. It averages out to Dilfer.

Chocolate Hog
08-21-2010, 03:00 AM
LT, obviously.

Haven't you been paying attention to true fan?

Danes puppet.

milkman
08-21-2010, 03:16 AM
Maybe if he had gotten rid of the ball quicker it would have been a forced throw and he would have had more turnovers. I know it's better to take a sack than force a throw and turn the ball over. That could have happened a lot. Either way the guy finished with a 103.2 QB rating behind that offensive line. Only 7 INT's. I'll take that everyday over Peyton. Plus Rodgers can run. He gained all of his yards lost from sacks, back in rushing. Over 300 yards.

No one holds Peyton Manning in lower regard than I do.

But even I couldn't, in good faith, rate Rogers ahead of him at this point in their careers, yet.

milkman
08-21-2010, 03:21 AM
Ben was shit in SB XL and slightly better than Dilfer in XLIII. It averages out to Dilfer.

Roethlisberger is a guy who you know, when the game is in the balance, you can put the ball in his hands.

I don't give a rat's ass about numbers.

When it comes down to it, what a QB does in the last minutes of a game defines him.

There is no comparison between Dilfer and Roethlisberger.

KC Tattoo
08-21-2010, 03:32 AM
Roethlisberger is a guy who you know, when the game is in the balance, you can put the ball in his hands.

I don't give a rat's ass about numbers.

When it comes down to it, what a QB does in the last minutes of a game defines him.

There is no comparison between Dilfer and Roethlisberger.

This is why I like your take on football Milkman. Watching what players do on the field.

-King-
08-21-2010, 12:26 PM
VJ was placed on the roster exempt list meaning when hes signed, he'll be suspnded an extra 3 games on top of his original suspension.

Oh wait, we're not talking about VJ anymore are we?
Posted via Mobile Device

Buck
08-21-2010, 12:41 PM
VJ was placed on the roster exempt list meaning when hes signed, he'll be suspnded an extra 3 games on top of his original suspension.

Oh wait, we're not talking about VJ anymore are we?
Posted via Mobile Device

That roster exempt list includes preseason games and I think the games he's already suspended, so if he was traded to Seattle in 3 or 4 days he could count their last 2 preseason games and one of his suspended games and he'll be back by week 4.

the Talking Can
08-21-2010, 12:50 PM

only chiefs fans (and Chargers fans).....only chiefs fans (and Chargers fans)

:doh!:

Buck
08-21-2010, 12:53 PM
only chiefs fans.....only chiefs fans

Psssssst....he's a bolts fan.

-King-
08-21-2010, 12:54 PM
only chiefs fans.....only chiefs fans

Uhhh that guy is a chargers fan
Posted via Mobile Device

the Talking Can
08-21-2010, 12:56 PM
Uhhh that guy is a chargers fan
Posted via Mobile Device

well, I'm so used to it being chiefs fans....

my apologizes to any True Fans I may have slandered