PDA

View Full Version : Life Contacts

BWillie
08-20-2010, 11:55 PM
How do you get these f*ckers in and out ever day. Jesus Christ. This is ridiculous.

DeezNutz
08-21-2010, 12:05 AM
I quit being a pussy.

Silock
08-21-2010, 12:07 AM
It gets easier. In two weeks, you won't think twice about it.

BWillie
08-21-2010, 12:11 AM

Hell I guess. I spent an hour at the eye doctor just putting them in, and I couldn't even get them out. I'm trying to go to bed and somehow I managed to get one of them out. I keep trying for ten minutes, then coming back to the computer back and forth so I don't get too frustrated.

Reaper16
08-21-2010, 12:13 AM
http://images.memegenerator.net/Courage-Wolf/ImageMacro/2195205/Eat-Flintstones-Vitamins-as-kid-Never-go-blind.jpg

btlook1
08-21-2010, 12:15 AM

Exactly. Trust me you get used to them in a few weeks and you won't ever think about wearing glasses again!

Silock
08-21-2010, 12:15 AM
Hell I guess. I spent an hour at the eye doctor just putting them in, and I couldn't even get them out. I'm trying to go to bed and somehow I managed to get one of them out. I keep trying for ten minutes, then coming back to the computer back and forth so I don't get too frustrated.

Use your left hand to hold your upper eyelid open, and the middle finger on your right hand to pull the lower lid down. Then pinch the contact between your thumb and forefinger.

Yes, you'll probably touch your eye. No, it won't make you go blind, and no, it won't hurt.

BWillie
08-21-2010, 12:18 AM
Use your left hand to hold your upper eyelid open, and the middle finger on your right hand to pull the lower lid down. Then pinch the contact between your thumb and forefinger.

Yes, you'll probably touch your eye. No, it won't make you go blind, and no, it won't hurt.

Good stuff, just got that last one. I am prepared for another battle tomorrow morning. I haven't had glasses, contacts, nothing until now. I just resorted to buying 65 inch TV's so I could see the TV better. I went to the Royals game the other day and I couldn't see sh*t. Thought it was about time so I can at least tell who Eric Berry knocks unconscious.

DaneMcCloud
08-21-2010, 12:18 AM
I wore contacts from age 16 to age 41, when I had lasik.

I went from 20/500 with -6 astigmatism to 20/15 and perfect vision.

Do it.

DeezNutz
08-21-2010, 12:20 AM

Do it.

Not quite that easy. Have to have two years of a stable 'script.

Silock
08-21-2010, 12:21 AM
Good stuff, just got that last one. I am prepared for another battle tomorrow morning. I haven't had glasses, contacts, nothing until now. I just resorted to buying 65 inch TV's so I could see the TV better. I went to the Royals game the other day and I couldn't see sh*t. Thought it was about time so I can at least tell who Eric Berry knocks unconscious.

You can use the same procedure to hold your eyelids open to put the contacts in as I just described to take them out. Put the contact on your right index finger tip, and then touch it directly to your eye. You won't even feel your eye because the contact will be a barrier between your finger and eye.

It's all good, though. It's like riding a bicycle or learning to drive stick. Once you get it . . . you've got it.

Silock
08-21-2010, 12:22 AM

Do it.

I wish I could do that. My eyes are still changing a bit, so I have to wait until they settle down.

BWillie
08-21-2010, 12:23 AM
My prescription says -1.50 and -1.25 for the sph. Whatever that means. I'm sure I'm nearsighted, but don't know how bad that is.

Silock
08-21-2010, 12:24 AM
That's nothing.

I'm -3.50 and -2.75. Legally blind without my contacts, but my prescription still isn't that hardcore. You've barely got any correction at all.

BWillie
08-21-2010, 12:26 AM
That's nothing.

I'm -3.50 and -2.75. Legally blind without my contacts, but my prescription still isn't that hardcore. You've barely got any correction at all.

Yeah I figured it's not too bad, but people always make fun of me because I have to squint at stuff. There are certain seats at a poker table that I have to stand up and lean over to get closer to the cards so I can see it. People always make fun of me at work because I can't read signs very far away. I never thought it was too big of a deal, but it sure is going to be nice at sporting events I think. Much less blurry and squinting.

I went and had my eyes checked when I was 17 or 18 and they said my eyes weren't bad enough yet for any correction. This time the first chart of letters they showed me I couldn't see a thing.

DaneMcCloud
08-21-2010, 12:27 AM
Not quite that easy. Have to have two years of a stable 'script.

I'm so old it doesn't matter.

:D

Sweet Daddy Hate
08-21-2010, 02:33 AM
How do you get these f*ckers in and out ever day. Jesus Christ. This is ridiculous.

Huh?

DaKCMan AP
08-21-2010, 03:30 AM
That's nothing.

I'm between +6 and +6.5 in each with astigmatism in one of them. I wear a 3-month disposable toric lens in one eye and a 2-week disposable lens in the other.

synthesis2
08-21-2010, 07:24 AM
As a refresher go here:

http://www.acuvue.com/getstarted/

mlyonsd
08-21-2010, 07:29 AM
LASIK.....priceless.

bevischief
08-21-2010, 07:33 AM
Tooth picks...

JD10367
08-21-2010, 07:43 AM
I'm in the same boat. I have to wear one contact starting at the end of September after I have surgery on one eye. So I've been practicing with a "trainer contact", putting it in and out.

Putting it in: I had a poll about wet/dry (fingertip as well as contact). I got mixed votes. It doesn't seem to matter what I try: the contact always sticks to the fingertip. I can place it slowly on the eye, I can even move it around on the eye with the finger, but half the time when I pull the finger back the contact stays on the finger. The trick seems to be to leave it on the eye for a few seconds, and let the eye "grab hold" of the contact.

Pulling it out: the easiest method I find is to look straight ahead, touch the contact, then look up while pulling the contact down to the bottom of the eye, where I can pinch it off. Remember, the contact is shaped to fit nicely on the center of the eye so, when you slide it down off the iris onto the white, the contact actually lifts off the eye and is easier to squeeze off without pinching your eyeball (which hurts like a motherfucker).

'Hamas' Jenkins
08-21-2010, 10:32 AM

Sorry about that.

I got them when I was 15.

The second time I tried to put them in, it took me about a half hour. It can be a real PITA. But after about two weeks you can usually do it in one shot and go. Now I can put them in w/o a mirror.

Wash your hands, make sure they are totally dry, and don't worry about putting it on the dead center of your eye. Literally, aim a little low and let it float up and attach.

'Hamas' Jenkins
08-21-2010, 10:33 AM
I'm between +6 and +6.5 in each with astigmatism in one of them. I wear a 3-month disposable toric lens in one eye and a 2-week disposable lens in the other.

-5.25 left
-4.00 right

astigmatism.

Not awesome.

Accuvue Oasis bi-weekly

Pants
08-21-2010, 10:38 AM
Shit dude, get CIBA Vision Night and Day (AirOptix). I don't take these motherfuckers out for shit. You can wear them for 30 days straight without any issues. Sometimes I'll take them out to clean them and give my eyes a breather but it's a rare occurrence.

BAM! (http://www.airoptix.com/contact-lenses/air-optix-night-and-day-aqua.shtml)

boogblaster
08-21-2010, 10:42 AM
Hold your eyes open .. get a neighborhood kid with a bennie-flipper to shoot them in ....

Fire Me Boy!
08-21-2010, 10:55 AM
You can use the same procedure to hold your eyelids open to put the contacts in as I just described to take them out. Put the contact on your right index finger tip, and then touch it directly to your eye. You won't even feel your eye because the contact will be a barrier between your finger and eye.

It's all good, though. It's like riding a bicycle or learning to drive stick. Once you get it . . . you've got it.

Another trick, if it hasn't been mentioned, is to put a drop of saline in the lens. It'll help it "stick" to your eye a lot easier.

thebrad84
08-21-2010, 10:56 AM
Shit dude, get CIBA Vision Night and Day (AirOptix). I don't take these motherfuckers out for shit. You can wear them for 30 days straight without any issues. Sometimes I'll take them out to clean them and give my eyes a breather but it's a rare occurrence.

BAM! (http://www.airoptix.com/contact-lenses/air-optix-night-and-day-aqua.shtml)

This! I did the weekly disposable ones for the first year then my eye doctor recommended these. Had them for about three years now and never had any issues...wear the same pair for a month straight, then discard and put a new pair in. You can sleep and wake up with them in with no issues.

Pants
08-21-2010, 10:59 AM
This! I did the weekly disposable ones for the first year then my eye doctor recommended these. Had them for about three years now and never had any issues...wear the same pair for a month straight, then discard and put a new pair in. You can sleep and wake up with them in with no issues.

Yeap.

stlchiefs
08-21-2010, 12:12 PM
pinch the contact together until it creases a little, then it'll come out easy. When you're putting it in, you want your finger very dry. So after taking the contact out of the case and putting it on your finger you may need to switch the contact to your other hand or another finger so you can dry off your pointer finger (assuming that's what you're using) before trying to put the contact in. It'll come off a dry finger and stick in your eye easier.

If all else fails, use a knife.

DaFace
08-21-2010, 12:19 PM
It does take some practice, but it's pretty easy once you get the hang of it.

That said, I quit using contacts after about 5 years because my eyes were constantly dry, so I'm glasses all the time now. I hope to get Lasik at some point, but I'm cheap. (And Lasik + cheap = bad news.)

-King-
08-21-2010, 12:48 PM
Put a drop of eyedrop in the contact and when you put it in you eye, roll your eyes backward. It will stick to the eye and not the finger.
Posted via Mobile Device

Guru
08-21-2010, 01:03 PM
I have astigmatism in both eyes. I wish I could justify Lasik for it as I hate wearing glasses and generally don't. Yet I see just well enough that I can live without glasses at this point. It is annoying as hell though.

MoreLemonPledge
08-21-2010, 01:37 PM
-7.25 left eye
-6.75 right eye

I guess I win... or lose, really.

-King-
08-21-2010, 02:16 PM
-3.25 left
-3.75 right
Posted via Mobile Device