PDA

View Full Version : Other Sports Nobody cares about the Little League World Series

SNR
08-21-2010, 11:25 AM
Get this shit off my TV set.

kcfanXIII
08-21-2010, 11:27 AM
i agree, but what are they gonna put on there instead?

milkman
08-21-2010, 11:29 AM
The amazing thing is, I don't have the LLWS on my set, because, you know, I have control of the remote.

SNR
08-21-2010, 11:31 AM
The amazing thing is, I don't have the LLWS on my set, because, you know, I have control of the remote.That's not the point.

It's stupid shit. ESPN shouldn't be programming it. It needs to get out of me.

milkman
08-21-2010, 11:32 AM
That's not the point.

Hey, at least it's sports.

I mean, they televise the spelling bee.

The freakin' spelling bee.

ESPN sucks.

Huffman83
08-21-2010, 11:34 AM
Someone out there does....
http://userserve-ak.last.fm/serve/_/37590739/Herbert+The+Pervert+Herbert.jpg

DrRyan
08-21-2010, 11:36 AM
LLWS could not be any more lame. At least it was the last time I tired to watch it years ago. No leading off the bases(at least when I last watched it) is not baseball.

Actually it could be more lame. It would be more lame if ESPN was to broadcast the men's slow pitch softball championships.

SNR
08-21-2010, 11:39 AM
http://userserve-ak.last.fm/serve/_/37590739/Herbert+The+Pervert+Herbert.jpgExactly. Who the hell watches this shit other than pedophiles?

Deberg_1990
08-21-2010, 11:43 AM
That's not the point.

What would you suggest they program instead in late August??

Oh, and there are 184 other channels to choose from, if you dont like it.

Buck
08-21-2010, 11:46 AM
Wow, did you guys not watch it last year? The team that won it all was amazing, and they played some nail-biting games.

In the games that weren't close they hit like 5 or 6 homers per game.

Bwana
08-21-2010, 11:48 AM
The amazing thing is, I don't have the LLWS on my set, because, you know, I have control of the remote.

LMAO

Word

2bikemike
08-21-2010, 11:49 AM
While I agree for the most part it doesn't belong on ESPN, I did watch it last year because it was local kids competing. And it was pretty cool to watch them win it.

SNR
08-21-2010, 11:53 AM
What would you suggest they program instead in late August??

Oh, and there are 184 other channels to choose from, if you dont like it.That's such a fucking cop-out answer for nearly everything people post on this site.

I see it all the time in the political forum. "Well, if you don't like it, you don't have to post in this thread lawl!" It's the same thing here. I'm saying ESPN is stupid for broadcasting this shit.

Buck
08-21-2010, 11:56 AM
That's such a fucking cop-out answer for nearly everything people post on this site.

I see it all the time in the political forum. "Well, if you don't like it, you don't have to post in this thread lawl!" It's the same thing here. I'm saying ESPN is stupid for broadcasting this shit.

Would you rather they broadcast more poker or maybe some Women's softball? Maybe Men's beach volleyball or Trick Shot Billiards?

Get over it dude, they broadcast shit people don't want to watch all the time and the LLWS has been on TV for so many years, I'm positive that more people are cool with it than are not.

alnorth
08-21-2010, 11:56 AM
The LLWS is generally close to unwatchable. The only exception I can think of is if kids from your state or your area are in it and you have some sort of mild rooting interest. This year, the midwest team is from Minnesota I think, so I dont care.

Thig Lyfe
08-21-2010, 11:57 AM
Hey, at least it's sports.

I mean, they televise the spelling bee.

The freakin' spelling bee.

ESPN sucks.

Uh, the spelling bee is awesome. Haters to the left.

milkman
08-21-2010, 12:01 PM
Uh, the spelling bee is awesome. Haters to the left.

I'm not hating on the spelling bee.

It is, however, not in any way, shape, or form, a sport, and has no place network that is dedicated (alledgedly) to sports.

SNR
08-21-2010, 12:11 PM
Would you rather they broadcast more poker or maybe some Women's softball? Maybe Men's beach volleyball or Trick Shot Billiards?

Get over it dude, they broadcast shit people don't want to watch all the time and the LLWS has been on TV for so many years, I'm positive that more people are cool with it than are not.I'd rather watch:

Poker
Women's softball
Trick shot billiards
Spelling bee
Chess

Than the LLWS.

So to answer your question, yes.

Demonpenz
why don't you do some work instad of sitting on your fat ass watching tv

Demonpenz
sorry, i was just channeling my mom

MichaelH
08-21-2010, 12:21 PM
ESPN shouldn't have the World Series of Poker either but they do.

Thig Lyfe
08-21-2010, 12:30 PM

It is, however, not in any way, shape, or form, a sport, and has no place network that is dedicated (alledgedly) to sports.

These kids are the first ones in the gym and the last ones out every day until that bee.

Well, technically it's Gymboree. But that doesn't make it any less a sport!

Goldmember
08-21-2010, 02:17 PM

Well it is the Entertainment and Sports Programming Network

milkman
08-21-2010, 04:56 PM

I did not know that.

It seems to me that when they first hit the airwaves, oh so many years ago, they advertised themselves as Exclusive Sports Programming Network.

DeezNutz
08-21-2010, 04:59 PM

I always thought they forgot a vowel.

Mr. Arrowhead
08-21-2010, 05:00 PM
It called change the channel

Thig Lyfe
08-21-2010, 05:02 PM
It called change the channel

Thanks, kcnut.

Garcia Bronco
08-21-2010, 06:36 PM
http://userserve-ak.last.fm/serve/_/37590739/Herbert+The+Pervert+Herbert.jpg

JACKPOT!

RJ
08-21-2010, 07:01 PM
I like it.

Goldmember
08-22-2010, 01:01 AM
I always thought they forgot a vowel.

Which one?
ESPAN?
ESPEN?
ESPIN?
ESPON?
ESPUN?

splatbass
08-22-2010, 01:12 AM
The Waipio, Hawaii team is from the next town over from me. A lot of people around here care.

They won it two years ago, and a team from the town next to it (Waipahu) won it in 2005. It's pretty popular around here for obvious reasons.

teedubya
08-22-2010, 01:21 AM
ESPN won't even be in the KC market on Time Warner after September 2nd... nor will ABC, unless they work out an agreement.

On Sept. 2, ABC and ESPN could disappear from Time Warner Cable if the organizations don’t reach an agreement on the rates TWC will pay to carry the popular programming offered on those stations.
Before then, the two sides continue to try and sway public opinion in their favor.
The “I Have Choices” campaign tells ESPN and ABC’s story while the “Roll Over or Get Tough” campaign tells Time Warner Cable’s story.
Both campaigns say they’re in negotiations and have the goal of keeping the programming coming but at the same time the “I Have Choices” campaign encourages subscribers to “Switch Now” with links to AT&T U-verse, Verizon FiOS, DirecTV or even over-the-air.
At the core of the disagreement is money and the core of the public argument is about who deserves it.
“I Have Choices”:
Time Warner Cable decides what to charge its customers for monthly cable service and these rates are not part of our contract negotiations. Programming costs do not drive the rates charged by Time Warner Cable.
“Roll Over or Get Tough”:
Nearly $.40 of every dollar you pay Time Warner Cable for your video service is paid to the networks that produce and deliver your programming. And nearly all the money that’s left over, along with the money we bring in from our other offerings, is used to operate our business and to make sure we can keep bringing you more great products and services.
So what happens if Sept. 2 comes and the price for those channels is a price TWC is unwilling to pay? What do you, the subscriber, do?
When is it time to call and when is it time to switch?

http://ihavechoices.com/

BTAU
08-22-2010, 02:36 AM
Would you rather they broadcast more poker or maybe some Women's softball?

I actually saw the LLWS of Softball the other week. :shake:

Param
08-22-2010, 02:52 AM
I don't have time to watch stupid sports...

BWillie
08-22-2010, 03:07 AM
I would rather watch the LLWS than softball, soccer, spelling bee, Nascar, WNBA, bicycling, and I'm sure alot more. I don't mind it because it's not on very often. And it's usually like a week long stint if I remember right.

big nasty kcnut
08-22-2010, 03:08 AM
I like woman softball. I do think that espn should have Aussie rule football that stuff is a good program to watch when i come home from work. Also more woman volleyball too.

Jerm
08-22-2010, 03:53 AM
Biggest load of shit on TV.

It basically amounts to a glorified HR derby...not to mention the giant goofball kids who look like they're 32 plus hardly any strategy or nuances of the game.

It's a joke.

Until the move the fences way back and make the field bigger this will remain unwatchable.

alpha_omega
08-22-2010, 06:36 AM
I don't care much for it, but the kids like it, so that's good enough for me.

alnorth
08-22-2010, 08:36 AM
ESPN won't even be in the KC market on Time Warner after September 2nd... nor will ABC, unless they work out an agreement.

On Sept. 2, ABC and ESPN could disappear from Time Warner Cable if the organizations don’t reach an agreement on the rates TWC will pay to carry the popular programming offered on those stations.
Before then, the two sides continue to try and sway public opinion in their favor.
The “I Have Choices” campaign tells ESPN and ABC’s story while the “Roll Over or Get Tough” campaign tells Time Warner Cable’s story.
Both campaigns say they’re in negotiations and have the goal of keeping the programming coming but at the same time the “I Have Choices” campaign encourages subscribers to “Switch Now” with links to AT&T U-verse, Verizon FiOS, DirecTV or even over-the-air.
At the core of the disagreement is money and the core of the public argument is about who deserves it.
“I Have Choices”:
Time Warner Cable decides what to charge its customers for monthly cable service and these rates are not part of our contract negotiations. Programming costs do not drive the rates charged by Time Warner Cable.
“Roll Over or Get Tough”:
Nearly $.40 of every dollar you pay Time Warner Cable for your video service is paid to the networks that produce and deliver your programming. And nearly all the money that’s left over, along with the money we bring in from our other offerings, is used to operate our business and to make sure we can keep bringing you more great products and services.
So what happens if Sept. 2 comes and the price for those channels is a price TWC is unwilling to pay? What do you, the subscriber, do?
When is it time to call and when is it time to switch?

http://ihavechoices.com/

dont care.

Every few years, no matter where I live at the time, it seems I eventually see a slap-fight between the networks and providers, with commercials and stories about how the other side is bad.

Guys, I dont care. I'm just the consumer. If my provider drops a channel I really want, I might switch. If my bill gets too expensive, I might switch. Within those constraints, you figure it out. If ESPN or whoever wont let you carry them without being too expensive, thats your problem, I wont call or write anyone letters, I'll just pay my bill or cancel.

milkman
08-22-2010, 08:38 AM
dont care.

Every few years, no matter where I live at the time, it seems I eventually see a slap-fight between the networks and providers, with commercials and stories about how the other side is bad.

Guys, I dont care. I'm just the consumer. If my provider drops a channel I really want, I might switch. If my bill gets too expensive, I might switch. Within those constraints, you figure it out. If ESPN or whoever wont let you carry them without being too expensive, thats your problem, I wont call or write anyone letters, I'll just pay my bill or cancel.

You should write them a letter to tell them that.

alnorth
08-22-2010, 08:42 AM
You should write them a letter to tell them that.

eh, no need, this is just general frustration after seeing this sort of thing play out 4 times with 3 different providers in Lawrence, Pittsburg KS, and Des Moines a year or two ago.

Besides, this is one of the most glorious and widely-followed NFL message boards in the world. I'm sure it'll get read.

RJ
08-22-2010, 08:55 AM
dont care.

So true. I switched from Cable One to Direct TV primarily because Cable One won't carry NFL Network. They say the NFL is over-pricing their product. Maybe they are. Guess what? I don't care, I want to watch it.

alnorth
08-22-2010, 09:04 AM
So true. I switched from Cable One to Direct TV primarily because Cable One won't carry NFL Network. They say the NFL is over-pricing their product. Maybe they are. Guess what? I don't care, I want to watch it.

Yeah, and this isn't me saying "I want to have every available channel at a low price because I'm an unreasonable moron" either. I realize having all the channels and good internet will cost money. Some people want only the basic basic, some people want the NFL network and all ESPN's but dont want any of those history/discovery/sify/etc channels, some people are the reverse of that, and all of those people have different ideas of what they want to pay.

It is a business, if they think the money they save by not paying the king's ransom for NFL network and being able to offer a lower price is higher than the money lost from cancelled subscriptions, then they shouldn't carry the NFL network. Some providers will try to carry everything at the lowest price possible, and other providers will try to carve out a niche by dropping some expensive channels and less popular channels to get a good price out there.

It is your business, you guys figure out what you want to do, then I'll decide who I'll go with. If you make a mistake by carrying too many channels or not enough, feel free to change your mind and send me more junk mail. My cable bill is so high, I'll actually read it quickly before throwing it away.

RJ
08-22-2010, 09:09 AM
Yeah, and this isn't me saying "I want to have every available channel at a low price because I'm an unreasonable moron" either. I realize having all the channels and good internet will cost money. Some people want only the basic basic, some people want the NFL network and all ESPN's but dont want any of those history/discovery/sify/etc channels, some people are the reverse of that, and all of those people have different ideas of what they want.

It is a business, if they think the money they save by not paying the king's ransom for NFL network and being able to offer a lower price is higher than the money lost from cancelled subscriptions, then they shouldn't carry the NFL network. Some providers will try to carry everything at the lowest price possible, and other providers will try to carve out a niche by dropping some less popular channels to get a good price out there.

It is your business, you guys figure out what you want to do, then I'll decide who I'll go with. If you make a mistake by carrying too many channels or not enough, feel free to change your mind and send me more junk mail. My cable bill is so high, I'll actually read it quickly before throwing it away.

That was the part I didn't understand with Cable One. I'd have been fine with paying more for a package that included NFL Network if they'd offered one. I really didn't want satellite. But they refused to carry it at all. I waited over a year for them to get their collective heads from their corporate ass. Now I'll probably never go back.

luv
08-22-2010, 09:12 AM
I don't mind it. Sports are better than non-sports, and some of those guys are good. The thing I don't like is how everything is reviewable. I guess, since kids are involved, everything has to be fair.

ChiefsFanatic
08-22-2010, 10:49 AM
Get this shit off my TV set.

I like watching it because, as a kid, I loved baseball. I hate baseball now. But it is refreshing to see the game played just for the love of the game and the desire to play and win.

Why don't you just change the channel?

Ebolapox
08-22-2010, 10:53 AM
I'd rather watch:

Poker
Women's softball
Trick shot billiards
Spelling bee
Chess
Strongman World Championships

Than the LLWS.

So to answer your question, yes.