PDA

View Full Version : Religion Had a couple of Jehovah's Witnesses stop by this morning

healthpellets
08-21-2010, 11:48 AM
Nice folk. Not pushy in the least and didn't even ask to come in.

Got me wondering why we don't have other Christian sects, Muslims, Jews, Buddhists, Hindus, etc going door-to-door and handing out literature.

Baby Lee
08-21-2010, 12:22 PM
Been visited by JW many many times, probably 15 in the past 9 years, but then, the people who owned this house before me [well, technically, before the person before me, who only owned it for a year or less] were JW, and they've moved back across the alley. So maybe this is considered a bit of a JW 'hot spot.'

Ironically, 'though I'm 'Jack Mormon' [by the skin of my teeth], and the house has at the end of the block has been a Mormon Missionary dorm for years now, I've never had a Mormon visit [even though I'd half welcome it].

'Hamas' Jenkins
08-21-2010, 12:29 PM
Been visited by JW many many times, probably 15 in the past 9 years, but then, the people who owned this house before me [well, technically, before the person before me, who only owned it for a year or less] were JW, and they've moved back across the alley. So maybe this is considered a bit of a JW 'hot spot.'

Ironically, 'though I'm 'Jack Mormon' [by the skin of my teeth], and the house has at the end of the block has been a Mormon Missionary dorm for years now, I've never had a Mormon visit [even though I'd half welcome it].

Maybe they figure it'd be like a Republican making a campaign stop in Provo in the days leading up to a Presidential election

:shrug:

Earthling
08-21-2010, 01:45 PM
Maybe it was a hang-over, a bad hair day or something but the last time a JW knocked on my door they looked at me and said "You aren't going to read any of the literature I have here are you...?"
I replied that no I was not...They thanked me for my honesty, left and took their literature with them.

Baby Lee
08-21-2010, 01:47 PM
Maybe they figure it'd be like a Republican making a campaign stop in Provo in the days leading up to a Presidential election

It's not like I have my sister-wives mowing the yard in their prairie garb.

|Zach|
08-21-2010, 01:51 PM
It's not like I have my sister-wives mowing the yard in their prairie garb.

LMAO

Thig Lyfe
08-21-2010, 03:33 PM
Got me wondering why we don't have other Christian sects, Muslims, Jews, Buddhists, Hindus, etc going door-to-door and handing out literature.

Don't fucking encourage them.

KC native
08-21-2010, 04:18 PM
ah the delightful JW's. I haven't had a visit from them in years. Last time I did receive a visit though, I let them know to never come back. They had a kid around 10-13 hand me some crazy whacked out damnation pamphlet and he walked off. Well, I looked at it and then walked out into the yard and yelled at the adults who had the child handing out disgusting and hateful pamphlets.

They skipped my house for the rest of the time I lived there.

Calcountry
08-21-2010, 04:28 PM
I just wish that the worshipers of Hirohito would have built a temple in Pearl Harbor.

Douche Baggins
08-22-2010, 12:47 PM
They had a kid around 10-13 hand me some crazy whacked out damnation pamphlet and he walked off.

JWs don't believe in damnation.

Anyway, the OP is correct, most JWs are not pushy at all. Nice folk, they need to let their kids fuck, though. Otherwise they end up like me.

Thig Lyfe
08-22-2010, 12:59 PM

Anyway, the OP is correct, most JWs are not pushy at all. Nice folk, they need to let their kids fuck, though. Otherwise they end up like me.

They also need to let their sick kids get blood transfusions.

InChiefsHell
08-22-2010, 01:09 PM
I'm often visited by Mormons, JW's and Baptists. But I'm Catholic, so I just have a nice conversation, tell them God bless and send them on their way.

BWillie
08-22-2010, 01:37 PM
I always like to talk to them about temporal causality, the heat death of the universe, and that the reason life was made was a intense scientific accident not because of any benevolent agenda. Then they just get mad and leave. I don't get it, I'm just voicing my beliefs, and they are the ones that came to my home. Assholes.

Thig Lyfe
08-22-2010, 02:07 PM
I always like to talk to them about temporal causality, the heat death of the universe, and that the reason life was made was a intense scientific accident not because of any benevolent agenda. Then they just get mad and leave. I don't get it, I'm just voicing my beliefs, and they are the ones that came to my home. Assholes.

You're ruining their tea party by not playing make-believe.

Oucho Cinco
08-22-2010, 02:46 PM
Nice folk. Not pushy in the least and didn't even ask to come in.

Sure you did. What were they wearing?

Male or Female?

One of each?

healthpellets
08-22-2010, 02:56 PM
ah the delightful JW's. I haven't had a visit from them in years. Last time I did receive a visit though, I let them know to never come back. They had a kid around 10-13 hand me some crazy whacked out damnation pamphlet and he walked off. Well, I looked at it and then walked out into the yard and yelled at the adults who had the child handing out disgusting and hateful pamphlets.

They skipped my house for the rest of the time I lived there.

i still have the two pieces of literature sitting in front of me. haven't read them yet. hoping i'm not gonna find out i'm damned.

NewChief
08-22-2010, 03:03 PM
Sure you did. What were they wearing?

Male or Female?

One of each?

As long as they didn't cut in front of him in line because Obama was elected.

Psyko Tek
08-22-2010, 03:03 PM

yeah I live in the mormon enclave of Meas, az
the only reason one (a missionary) ever talked to me was to ask if there where any spanish speaking people living on this block

Oucho Cinco
08-22-2010, 07:37 PM
As long as they didn't cut in front of him in line because Obama was elected.Huh?

KC native
08-22-2010, 07:41 PM

meh, this was 4-6 years ago and the pamphlet was fire and brimstone and generally said everyone who isn't a JW is fucked. Sounds like damnation to me.

Douche Baggins
08-22-2010, 07:44 PM
meh, this was 4-6 years ago and the pamphlet was fire and brimstone and generally said everyone who isn't a JW is fucked. Sounds like damnation to me.

You misinterpreted it. Being a JW is retarded because there's literally 0 incentive to be one. They preach that everyone gets a second chance after Armageddon. And that there is no hell.

So, yeah, I'm gonna go fuck. Later, G.

KC native
08-22-2010, 07:47 PM
You misinterpreted it. Being a JW is retarded because there's literally 0 incentive to be one. They preach that everyone gets a second chance after Armageddon. And that there is no hell.

So, yeah, I'm gonna go fuck. Later, G.

ROFL Ok, I defer to you on this.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/bQIi1sbUpeo?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/bQIi1sbUpeo?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

healthpellets
08-22-2010, 08:23 PM

So, yeah, I'm gonna go ****. Later, G.

at least they understood that part correctly.

Bill Parcells
08-22-2010, 09:21 PM
I had jehovah witness's come to my door one time. I said thanks but no thanks. and the guy stuck his foot in the door. I asked him if he believed in god, he said yes. I told him he was gonna meet him in 5 seconds if he didnt take his foot out of the door. he left.

InChiefsHell
08-23-2010, 05:17 AM
I had jehovah witness's come to my door one time. I said thanks but no thanks. and the guy stuck his foot in the door. I asked him if he believed in god, he said yes. I told him he was gonna meet him in 5 seconds if he didnt take his foot out of the door. he left.

Somehow, this story doesn't ring true...

Bill Parcells
08-23-2010, 10:00 AM

It was in 1988. maybe truth was more telling back then.

Hog Farmer
08-23-2010, 10:17 AM
If a muslim comes to my door I'm gonna shake his hand and then laugh at him and tell him now he's tainted with pork

bevischief
08-23-2010, 02:20 PM
If a muslim comes to my door I'm gonna shake his hand and then laugh at him and tell him now he's tainted with pork

ROFL

Oucho Cinco
08-23-2010, 03:07 PM

They are supposed to be more of a pacifist than Billy Jack!

MOhillbilly
08-23-2010, 03:15 PM
My womans mom is JW and she isnt sane.

MOhillbilly
08-23-2010, 03:17 PM

My dad turned his GSD on a JW back in the early 80s for breakin up his beer party. Dude went dukes of hazzard through his car window.
good times.

MOhillbilly
08-23-2010, 03:20 PM

I would love to shoot the shit one of those missionary dudes.

Hog Farmer
08-23-2010, 03:23 PM
I would love to shoot the shit one of those missionary dudes.

Save it for the Muslims , chances are you're going to get opportunity.

MOhillbilly
08-23-2010, 03:26 PM

My family is from what baby lee described so it would be interesting to hear the other side of the story.

Oucho Cinco
08-23-2010, 03:27 PM

Unless America wakes up you will either be a Muslim or dead. That seems to be their gameplan, has been for 40 years.

MOhillbilly
08-23-2010, 03:34 PM
Unless America wakes up you will either be a Muslim or dead. That seems to be their gameplan, has been for 40 years.

i bring up enoch powell every now and then because people vilified him for his rivers of blood speach. And to think europe had the blue print in plain english and it let it slip through there fingers.

Oucho Cinco
08-23-2010, 03:37 PM
i bring up enoch powell every now and then because people vilified him for his rivers of blood speach. And to think europe had the blue print in plain english and it let it slip through there fingers.

We have been told by others for many years and we turn deaf ears towards it. If Islam were really a religion it would have religious, in my opinion they are nothing more than a violent political machine. If we don't find a way to stop it we are in deep shit.

MOhillbilly
08-23-2010, 03:38 PM
we are already in deep shit.

Oucho Cinco
08-23-2010, 03:41 PM

Should I have said deeper shit?

MOhillbilly
08-23-2010, 03:48 PM
Should I have said deeper shit?

say what you want, ive seen enough.

Baby Lee
08-23-2010, 04:00 PM
My family is from what baby lee described so it would be interesting to hear the other side of the story.

Which, the jack mormons or sister-wives in prairie garb?

MOhillbilly
08-23-2010, 04:03 PM
Which, the jack mormons or sister-wives in prairie garb?

Both and the entire story of joseph smith & smith jr. I have a hardtime believing any of it. Though some of the best people i have ever known come from both the COC & mormon church.

stevieray
08-23-2010, 04:06 PM
that ain't no lie.

Hog Farmer
08-23-2010, 07:02 PM

If them mother fuckers come around my place they're gonna be knee deep in Hog shit !