PDA

View Full Version : U.S. Issues Fiorina says she will push for Term Limits

HonestChieffan
08-23-2010, 04:04 PM
Go girl go. If she beats Boxer the world will be a better place.
http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/115333-in-california-fiorina-vows-fight-for-congressional-term-limits

In California, Fiorina vows fight for congressional term limits
By Mike Lillis - 08/22/10 06:19 PM ET
Carly Fiorina, the Republican challenging Sen. Barbara Boxer (D-Calif.) in November, told the GOP faithful this weekend that, if voters send her to Washington, she plans to fight for congressional term limits — 12 years maximum for both senators and House members.

"Changing Washington starts with changing the people we send there," Fiorina said Saturday to supporters gathered in San Diego for the state GOP convention. "We must not only put a limit on how long people can serve in Washington, but also end the system of guaranteed reelection once they get there.

"A system where politicians make back-room deals to ensure their eternal reelection and the reelection of their buddies in Congress isn’t one that serves the interests of the people they were elected to represent."

Fiorina, the former CEO of Hewlett-Packard, said she would limit her own congressional tenure to 12 years, even if her term-limit plan is never adopted.

It's hardly a new theme. Since winning the GOP nomination in June, Fiorina has portrayed Boxer — who's vying for her fourth Senate term — as a Washington insider who's lost touch with her constituents' everyday lives and needs.

Boxer, for her part, has countered that Fiorina's views are far to the right of most Californians, particularly on issues like abortion rights and environmental protection.

The Cook Political Report, a prominent election handicapper, rates the Boxer/Fiorina contest a toss-up.

orange
08-23-2010, 04:13 PM
She should make a "Contract With America." That'll show 'em!

healthpellets
08-23-2010, 04:34 PM
i hope she wins, but she's wrong.

we have term limits...every 2 years in the House and 6 years in the Senate.

Oucho Cinco
08-23-2010, 04:40 PM
i hope she wins, but she's wrong.

we have term limits...every 2 years in the House and 6 years in the Senate.

You are very wrong. They are only limits if we the people vote them out. That doesn't happen often enough. A hard 12 limit would still be too many years in office but it's a start. I'd go for 8 years just like the president.

WilliamTheIrish
08-23-2010, 04:52 PM
Fiorina says she will push for Term Limits

Yea sure.

And SS will be privatized. And immigration reform will occur. And the NK's are going to launch a nuke.

Try spitting the hook you perch.

Oucho Cinco
08-23-2010, 04:59 PM
Yea sure.

And SS will be privatized. And immigration reform will occur. And the NK's are going to launch a nuke.

Try spitting the hook you perch.

You don't like the idea of term limits? I do, we don't need career politicians, we need people that will do what "we the people" want.

Baby Lee
08-23-2010, 05:06 PM
You think the influence of lobbyists is too strong now, wait until they're the only people in DC who knows WTF is going on.

WilliamTheIrish
08-23-2010, 05:27 PM
You don't like the idea of term limits? I do, we don't need career politicians, we need people that will do what "we the people" want.

Shut up Tom.

HonestChieffan
08-23-2010, 05:58 PM
You think the influence of lobbyists is too strong now, wait until they're the only people in DC who knows WTF is going on.

Barney Frank, Charlie Rangle, Nancy Pelosi and about 500 odd others who would all be better off after 12 years sacking chiles at a pepper festival.

Oucho Cinco
08-23-2010, 06:00 PM
Shut up Tom.f8ck you and your opinion.

You have no clue as to how this country should run. Career politicians is wrong, just as wrong as you and all of your bullshit opinions.

Never mind, just go ahead and be the cock sucker you are.

PunkinDrublic
08-23-2010, 06:23 PM
When I want advice on how to run a company into the ground I'll listen to what she has to say. Until then file it under who gives a shit.

mikey23545
08-23-2010, 06:27 PM
When I want advice on how to run a company into the ground I'll listen to what she has to say. Until then file it under who gives a shit.

Oh yeah, let's listen instead to people like Boxer who know how to run a <i>country</i> into the ground...

PunkinDrublic
08-23-2010, 06:35 PM
Oh yeah, let's listen instead to people like Boxer who know how to run a <i>country</i> into the ground...

Is it any wonder why mikey posts and runs like a coward? If I vomitted out this kind of bullshit I wouldn't stick around either.

HonestChieffan
08-23-2010, 06:44 PM
Is it any wonder why mikey posts and runs like a coward? If I vomitted out this kind of bullshit I wouldn't stick around either.

That coward smoked you this time.

WilliamTheIrish
08-23-2010, 06:47 PM
f8ck you and your opinion.

You have no clue as to how this country should run. Career politicians is wrong, just as wrong as you and all of your bullshit opinions.

Never mind, just go ahead and be the cock sucker you are.

Shut up Tom.

PunkinDrublic
08-23-2010, 06:58 PM
That coward smoked you this time.

Yeah he really smoked me with his generic statement and lack of facts.

Oucho Cinco
08-23-2010, 07:18 PM
Shut up Tom.

What a

WilliamTheIrish
08-23-2010, 07:22 PM
Shut up Tom.

Oucho Cinco
08-23-2010, 07:25 PM
Shut up Tom.

fuck you william the low life **** sucking dog.

chris
08-23-2010, 07:34 PM
f u c k you william the low life shit sucking dog.

Do you realize how comical you all are?? This thread of experts is pure gold.

Probably none of you a clue how to run a company; you all just know how to act important and call each other names.

I can't believe I get this for FREE!

Please continue.

WilliamTheIrish
08-23-2010, 07:53 PM
Do you realize how comical you all are?? This thread of experts is pure gold.

Probably none of you a clue how to run a company; you all just know how to act important and call each other names.

I can't believe I get this for FREE!

Please continue.

Tom's an idiot. Tom's credibility was long ago flushed down the porcelain equalizer. We come to expect that from Tom as his IQ is interchangeable with his hat size.

So once again: Shut up Tom.

Oucho Cinco
08-23-2010, 08:11 PM
Tom's an idiot. Tom's credibility was long ago flushed down the porcelain equalizer. We come to expect that from Tom as his IQ is interchangeable with his hat size.

So once again: Shut up Tom.

fuck you william the cock sucking sack of ****.

I dont' know who the fuckk you are or what planet you live on.

I'm not a Proctologist but I know an ******* when I see one.

U = *******, that's one fact I'm sure we all know by now.

Now, take you single digit IQ and stuff it up your ass.

Now, go to your room and let the adults discuss the OP.

alnorth
08-23-2010, 09:11 PM
This thread has descended close to uselessness, but I'll throw my 2 cents in before it spirals away.

I do not agree with term limits, at all. If someone proposed a constitutional amendment to repeal the 2-term presidential term limit, I would support that repeal.

To me, a term limit is very offensive and condescending. When someone says term limits, I hear: "we know you guys would like to vote for this person. We understand you think he's the best guy or gal for the job, but we wont let you vote for them. You, the people, are just too damned stupid to be trusted with the ability to give someone a job for life, even if you think that guy deserves to be in congress for life. Trust us, just pick someone else, we wont let you go with your first choice because we know better than you that it isn't good for you."

stevieray
08-23-2010, 09:36 PM
This thread has descended close to uselessness, but I'll throw my 2 cents in before it spirals away.

I do not agree with term limits, at all. If someone proposed a constitutional amendment to repeal the 2-term presidential term limit, I would support that repeal.

To me, a term limit is very offensive and condescending. When someone says term limits, I hear: "we know you guys would like to vote for this person. We understand you think he's the best guy or gal for the job, but we wont let you vote for them. You, the people, are just too damned stupid to be trusted with the ability to give someone a job for life, even if you think that guy deserves to be in congress for life. Trust us, just pick someone else, we wont let you go with your first choice because we know better than you that it isn't good for you."

when I hear term limits , I think of George Washington.

I would like think it would be better if you've only got so many years to make a difference...serve your country and move on.

Chiefshrink
08-23-2010, 09:39 PM
First off Carly is a RINO. But she will be less radical than BB. Second, issues like "Fair Tax, Flat tax and Term limits are "always" thrown around at election time to get people to listen and be motivated. But no way in hell these issues ever get seriously discussed. Just waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay to much power given up by the politicians to the people if God forbid "Flat or Fair Tax or Term limits were ever enacted.:rolleyes:

Still a great deal of political house cleaning that needs to occur before "We the People" actually start "callin the shots" for our country.

Chiefshrink
08-23-2010, 09:44 PM

Of course you would think it would be offensive:rolleyes: Case in point, I suppose you approve of your uncles "Barney and Chris" and their great legislative corrupt leadership, uh???:clap:

alnorth
08-23-2010, 10:00 PM
Of course you would think it would be offensive:rolleyes: Case in point, I suppose you approve of your uncles "Barney and Chris" and their great legislative corrupt leadership, uh???:clap:

Who?

I'm guessing by reading between the lines that for some stupid reason you ignorantly think I'm a democrat or something. I think I have not voted for a democrat in my entire life. (maybe a sheriff 10 or 15 years ago? I cant remember)

I realize this may have helped Clinton, I dont care. This is a principled opinion. If the Dems had all 100 senate seats, all 100 senators were 45 years old, all 100 seats were somehow safe for the next 40 years because every state liked their senator (even the southern states), and most of them would be very competitive if they were all termed out, I would still oppose term limits.

This is not politics, this is principle. I do not care which politician or party is helped or hurt, term limits are offensive and condescending.