PDA

View Full Version : U.S. Issues Obama warns Americans of covert sponsored manipulation of peoples opinion

Taco John
08-23-2010, 06:58 PM
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/wjssObygXaQ?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/wjssObygXaQ?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Taco John
08-23-2010, 07:00 PM
That legislation he's talking about was jammed with corruption and government tentacles in places that it didn't belong.

BucEyedPea
08-23-2010, 07:31 PM
What a fraud! Meanwhile he's owned by Goldman Sachs and worked for Acorn.

However, I have to agree that there should be full disclosure of who is donating to a campaign.

blaise
08-23-2010, 07:34 PM
It's all part of a vast right wing conspiracy.

healthpellets
08-23-2010, 07:49 PM
What happened to his promise to post all legislation online for five days before signing for the sake of transparency?

blaise
08-23-2010, 09:22 PM
What happened to his promise to post all legislation online for five days before signing for the sake of transparency?

That's not fair. He only said that because it sounded good.

stevieray
08-23-2010, 09:26 PM
unseal your past, george soros funded hypocrit.

Chiefshrink
08-23-2010, 09:46 PM
Manchurian Candidate being exposed and starting to panic.

Oucho Cinco
08-23-2010, 10:35 PM
What a fraud! Meanwhile he's owned by Goldman Sachs and worked for Acorn.

However, I have to agree that there should be full disclosure of who is donating to a campaign.

You left out George Soros

Oucho Cinco
08-23-2010, 10:35 PM
Manchurian Candidate being exposed and starting to panic.

I think the game is up.

RINGLEADER
08-23-2010, 10:57 PM
I can't wait until the Supreme Court overturns Obamacare or the GOP congress defunds it. I find it more than mildly humorous when Obama gets all wee-wee'd up by the obstructionist tactics of the GOP/Supremes while simultaneously failing to realize that the majority of Americans don't agree with his POV.

healthpellets
08-24-2010, 12:06 AM
um, aren't the unions usually behind these shitty ads?

Oucho Cinco
08-24-2010, 12:37 AM
I can't wait until the Supreme Court overturns Obamacare or the GOP congress defunds it. I find it more than mildly humorous when Obama gets all wee-wee'd up by the obstructionist tactics of the GOP/Supremes while simultaneously failing to realize that the majority of Americans don't agree with his POV.

He doesn't care about the majority, he cares about a precious few, and they are the only ones that count.

patteeu
08-24-2010, 12:41 AM
I didn't watch the video, but Obama should be an expert on this topic considering who he turned to to run his political operation. This is what Business Week had to say about David Axelrod (http://www.businessweek.com/bwdaily/dnflash/content/mar2008/db20080314_121054.htm):

The Secret Side of David Axelrod
The Obama campaign's chief strategist is a master of "Astroturfing" and has a second firm that shapes public opinion for corporations

From the same address in Chicago's River North neighborhood, Axelrod operates a second business, ASK Public Strategies, that discreetly plots strategy and advertising campaigns for corporate clients to tilt public opinion their way.

ASK's predilection for operating in the shadows shows up in its work. On behalf of ComEd and Comcast, the firm helped set up front organizations that were listed as sponsors of public-issue ads. Industry insiders call such practices "Astroturfing," a reference to manufacturing grassroots support. Alderman Brendan Reilly of the 42nd Ward, who has been battling the Children's Museum's relocation plans, describes ASK as "the gold standard in Astroturf organizing. This is an emerging industry, and ASK has made a name for itself in shaping public opinion and manufacturing public support."

patteeu
08-24-2010, 12:44 AM
OK, I watched the video. What a cry baby.

mlyonsd
08-24-2010, 07:43 AM

That's a very elitist POV you have there considering it is apparent Obama knows what's best for you.

King_Chief_Fan
08-24-2010, 07:47 AM
um, aren't the unions usually behind these shitty ads?

generally, yes. The unions are pissed at Obama and his administration for their inability to get things moving for card check legislation.

Bwana
08-24-2010, 07:50 AM
:spock:

Barry has to be the biggest pussy to ever set foot in the whitehouse.

:shake:

InChiefsHell
08-24-2010, 07:55 AM

Indeed. This guy is a crybaby and a total embarrassment. How do people hear the POTUS give a lecture like this and still support him? Whether you agree with him or no isn't the point. It's the whiney, look at how the Republicans are standing in my way, shitty presentation.

Lord, he sucks baows!!

HonestChieffan
08-24-2010, 08:05 AM
It will be a great study someday. The mans fall, his inability to respond or adjust, and the failed policies after such grand hopes and fantastic sales job. The Edsel comes to mind.

King_Chief_Fan
08-24-2010, 08:10 AM
It will be a great study someday. The mans fall, his inability to respond or adjust, and the failed policies after such grand hopes and fantastic sales job. The Edsel comes to mind.

President Edsel....I like it.

blaise
08-24-2010, 08:13 AM
"My fellow Americans. Unseen, sinister voices are working against us. Only I can save you. We must put the politics of fear behind us, except in certain situations like this. In this situation we must be very afraid of sinister forces behind the curtain. Be afraid, but trust in me."

Garcia Bronco
08-24-2010, 08:25 AM
I don't know what amuses me more: that he's telling me something I have known since my first Civics class or that I know he has had benefit from the same "covert" sources.

notorious
08-24-2010, 08:35 AM

You have not seen true crying until after the upcoming elections. It is going to be horrific.

Radar Chief
08-24-2010, 08:57 AM
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/3AOdIVJH7tE?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/3AOdIVJH7tE?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Paranoia is a disease unto itself.
And may I add, the person standing next to you may not be who they appear to be.
So take precautions.

InChiefsHell
08-24-2010, 09:26 AM
Well said Radar Chief...if that IS your REAL name...

Iowanian
08-24-2010, 11:54 AM
You'd all better step in line before he gets angry and turns into TheRock Obama.

InChiefsHell
08-24-2010, 01:43 PM
Mr. McCain, don't make me angry...you wouldn't like me when I'm angry...

ChiTown
08-24-2010, 02:02 PM
ROFL

What a joke for a President. He has the political scrotum of an amoeba.

Iowanian
08-24-2010, 02:13 PM
He must be talking about moveon.org and his other pals.

Radar Chief
08-24-2010, 03:22 PM
You'd all better step in line before he gets angry and turns into TheRock Obama.

Can you SMELL what BaRock is COOKIN?! /Single raised eyebrow

blaise
08-24-2010, 03:24 PM
Can you SMELL what BaRock is COOKIN?! /Single raised eyebrow

The only reason he wants to know who's running ads is so he knows who's ass to kick.