PDA

View Full Version : General Politics Are you really that stupid?

healthpellets
08-25-2010, 02:13 PM
How long are the so called "conservative leaders" going to keep on going about this damn mosque? are they really gonna ride it up till the election?

the Imam as $18k. what the hell's he gonna do with that? go buy a ford focus?

and there's NOTHING you can do stop it. nothing. go protest, awesome. hope it works out for you and they move the site.

sorry, on to the main point...

which is...the democrats hope you guys stay on the mosque thing forever. because every day that you talk about the mosque, you're not talking about how shitty the economy is. and you're not talking about how the stimulus didn't work. and you're not talking about a plan to save the country.

and if you're too stupid to realize that...then you don't deserve to win in november.

blaise
08-25-2010, 02:22 PM
I think people have been talking plenty about the economy.

Brainiac
08-25-2010, 02:25 PM
The Mosque controversy obviously doesn't resonate with you. Fair enough.

But it does resonate with a lot of voters. I don't think you're correct when you state that keeping this issue alive will help the Democrats in the November elections. It will be just one more thing that the Republicans can bring up in addition to Obamacare and the economy.

BucEyedPea
08-25-2010, 02:28 PM
...which is...the democrats hope you guys stay on the mosque thing forever. because every day that you talk about the mosque, you're not talking about how shitty the economy is. and you're not talking about how the stimulus didn't work. and you're not talking about a plan to save the country.

and if you're too stupid to realize that...then you don't deserve to win in november.

Ayup! While it reminds the more independent minded of us about one of the reasons they voted out the right.
Extremists on both sides.

mlyonsd
08-25-2010, 02:29 PM
The economy is the one issue everyone has already agreed on. It put the 'F' in fail. When was the last good news about the economy thread started here?

So there's no real reason to talk about it.

Donger
08-25-2010, 02:35 PM
This seems a rather myopic viewpoint. Surely teh GOP can multi-task, no?

healthpellets
08-25-2010, 02:36 PM
The economy is the one issue everyone has already agreed on. It put the 'F' in fail. When was the last good news about the economy thread started here?

So there's no real reason to talk about it.

THAT is the reason to keep on nailing them about it.

KISS.

go bowe
08-25-2010, 02:37 PM

So there's no real reason to talk about it.if i knew how to start a thread i would...

oh wait, you said "good news"...

never mind...

Hog Rider
08-25-2010, 04:21 PM
The economy is a near term problem.

The "Mosque" is a very long term problem.

The radicals know that, preach it, pray for it, kill for it.

Islam, Christianity, Jews, Hindu, whatever your flavor, aren't the issue. Radical nutcases numbering in the millions who identify with any of the aforementioned are.

I'll be quiet now,,,,but they will not. What's the old "War of the Worlds" quote? Something like, "Slowly and surely, they made their plans against us."

HonestChieffan
08-25-2010, 05:56 PM
We islamophobes have a right to our islamophobia don't we?

Saul Good
08-25-2010, 06:12 PM
You're worried that people are going to forget that the economy is terrible? Unless they read about the mosque for 8 hours a day every day, they are going to figure out that they don't have jobs.

healthpellets
08-25-2010, 06:26 PM
We islamophobes have a right to our islamophobia don't we?

hell ya. do what you do.

but they need to get back to pounding on the economy and stop giving the MSM fodder for their portrayal of the right as haters.

MadMax
08-25-2010, 06:44 PM
When they voted to re-nominate John McCain again it shows me they still don't fuckin get it.

healthpellets
08-25-2010, 06:49 PM
When they voted to re-nominate John McCain again it shows me they still don't ****in get it.

ugh. :banghead:

ROYC75
08-25-2010, 09:12 PM
When they voted to re-nominate John McCain again it shows me they still don't ****in get it.

Hayworth ? Heh, great choices, kinda like Obama & McCain was.:shake:

greg63
08-25-2010, 10:46 PM
Whoa! Wait, we have an economy???

healthpellets
08-25-2010, 10:52 PM
Whoa! Wait, we have an economy???

i think that's pretty much up in the air at this point.

alnorth
08-25-2010, 11:02 PM

at this point in time there is virtually nothing that can prevent GOP gains in November, now we are only talking how much.

I agree that focusing on the economy would produce better results than this silly non-story. Who cares about the damned mosque.

alnorth
08-25-2010, 11:05 PM

it tells me nothing about the GOP or the voters. This was a unique situation. McCain is beloved in Arizona, he's a genuine war hero who has been their senator for as long as most of those people remember. He did have to forsake and paper over some of his old positions, but it only needed to take a little effort from him.

You aren't getting McCain's scalp unless drugs or a hooker is involved, preferrably both.

patteeu
08-25-2010, 11:45 PM
If it were really true that this issue is a net benefit to democrats, you'd have more democrats sticking up for the mosque and criticizing the mean Republicans, but you don't, so it isn't.

alnorth
08-25-2010, 11:52 PM
If it were really true that this issue is a net benefit to democrats, you'd have more democrats sticking up for the mosque and criticizing the mean Republicans, but you don't, so it isn't.

It doesn't help the democrats, I just think it is less deadly. It is like the GOP is trying to kill their opponent by shooting them in the gut and letting them bleed out, when they could be shooting them in the head instead. (morbid analogy, but it is late, and I didnt want to spend time thinking of a better one)